Easter Seals New Hampshire Employee Reviews in United States

Dont fo it!
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manchrster NHApril 30, 2016
I worked for farnum center for many years and I loved working with the clients but the management are impossible to work with. It's unfortunate but its run horribly. The most unprofessional place I have ever worked.
Pros
Helping others.
Cons
Low pay, bad benefits
Easter Seals is a great agency!
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHMarch 25, 2016
Easter Seals is a great company that helps to improve the lives of hundreds of disadvantaged children and adults. I worked there for 1 year but then I moved away.
Can be a challenging but rewarding work place with consistent support from colleagues
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHMarch 12, 2016
I enjoy work everyday. I am proud to be a positive role model for the clients and am thankful of the great support from my coworkers and supervisors. I'm always learning from all of the various people I encounter; both staff and clients. Everyday is different in some ways but routine in others. Support and inclusion is always a constant. I enjoy establishing positive rapports with the clients and using these rapports to help guide them to make better decisions for themselves and their independence. The most challenging aspect of the job is to see a client who is unwilling to accept the support around them to help them achieve their goals despite staff's excitement and ambition. This however, makes for a very rewarding experience when they are ready to accept support that has always been encouraging them anyways. I believe most staff in this field are there because they want to be a part of helping someone triumph over their troubles which to me is the most rewarding and enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Excellent Support, Expression of Character is Encouraged, Daily Soft Skill Development, Flexible Schedule, Very Hospitable, Overtime Potential
Cons
Limited to Soft Skill Development, Emotionally and Physically Charged at Times, Demands Constantly Highetened Vigilence, Inconsistent Pace
no pto
monoitor (Former Employee) –  schoolsJanuary 10, 2016
management took away our p.t,o which was great if you got sick or had an appointmen twhich for some of us is needed since don't make enough money to make ends meet during school vacations and days off.ABSOLUTELY NO BENEFITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cons
Work is meaningful and valued
Family Centered Practice Worker (Current Employee) –  VermontJuly 18, 2015
Employees are provided extensive training and ongoing educational opportunities. There is a real passion and vision from leadership that carries through into direction, guidance and best practices.
Pros
Mgmt invests in employees, good benefits, staff retreats, trainings, Wellness program
Cons
Low salary
Low pay/a LOT OF PAPERWORK
family centered practice worker (Current Employee) –  VermontJuly 12, 2015
Easter seals cares about their staff. Being in salary isn't ideal because I work long hours with no compensation. The job is stressful but can be meaningful. The paperwork is very overwhelming.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
high stress, paperwork
A candid review
Direct Suppory (Former Employee) –  NHFebruary 7, 2015
While the notion of serving disabled populations is noble. Easter Seals need to make improvements direct care staff are low paid and turnover is high, some work so much they are unfit for duty where it is unsafe. Because of staffing issues managers have to be doing direct care and it impacts them. It effects the qualify of client service. If you are to consider working here ask yourself if there is the potential for injury, low pay and a lot of headaches from ineffective management is it worth it. I regret working here and was glad to quit. Same with people I started with most were gone after a short time. A union is needed.
Pros
overtime
Cons
as listed.
Was Great to work with the youth....
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHAugust 13, 2013
The youth at this place are very troubled, they were fantastic to work with, some of the staff on the other hand that worked on the same "team" were crazy and should not be working with kids.
A lot of opportunities of life sharing experience.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJanuary 17, 2013
Half free-of-charge daily meals(breakfast, lunch and dinner).
Cons
interesting benefits packages.

2.8