Easter Seals TriState Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Summer youth Employment Youth Advocate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 27, 2016
I worked at Easter Seals as an intern and it was for my Associates degree. I learned a lot and I grew as a person so, if anyone wants to give it a go it will be worth it, especially the children.
Non profit
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 19, 2016
Good company, great people. When working for non profit you always have it in the back of your mind that the possibility of losing contracts and being laid off
Organization is Changing
Case worker (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 14, 2016
Changing and offer opportunities for growth from within. Focus on balancing out management within program areas. Works on building a strong team to effectively improve job performance within programs.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Diversity
Fun place to work at
Job Coach (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 5, 2016
Bobevans is at your own risk company. IF you want it to work for you and for your lifestyle then you make it work You can make money and balance it to your full potential. The training is not consistent therefore you have to take the initiative to make it successful.
A typical day at work
COUNSELOR/LEAD DIRECT SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioOctober 19, 2015
My day consisted of scheduling, and meeting deadlines with ex-cons released into the PSH program. My goal was to help them get back on track and assist in anyway I can.
Productive and fun
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 18, 2015
A typical day at work involved me arriving at twelve o'clock in the afternoon. When I first got there, I would lead a few activities with the younger children in a theater program where I worked. After an hour or two of that, I and five other teenagers would begin to conduct research and work on a piece for a cultural exchange program. That would usually take three to fours hours of my day. Then I would go back to the kids and interact for them for another hour or so.

The experience was amazing. It was my first job and thank goodness it was not to stressful. It felt wonderful to make my own money for the first time.
Pros
Energetic and creative environment
Cons
Not many breaks
great workplace
Butler County Youth Services (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OHSeptember 3, 2015
Great workplace. Lots of selfless people in the work area.
They help alot of youth better themselves an realize al the potential they have.
It is all about being a chid and letting your inter child come out
Site Director (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OhioJuly 9, 2015
I worked for about 5 years with adults who had disabilities you love everything they do because they love life they have something to teach all of us
Productive and fast paced
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati OhioNovember 9, 2014
Easter Seals is a fast paced, and productive company which is growing more and more everyday. I come in everyday and run the hot list, which is the job orders that need t go out as soon as possible. Then I begin the daily job orders list with my colleague, in which we print and fill out the spec sheets for the different medical kits we have to pull. Then I will run labels for each kit and then send them out to the lines to be built.
Awesome place for entry level positions
Transition Coach (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 29, 2014
A typical day in my position would depend on which school I had to facilitate Career Choices for that day. I would report to the office first to gather materials needed for my sessions that day, commute to the specific school, facilitate the session based off of the curriculum that I had to follow, then after the classroom sessions I would commute back to the office. On certain days I worked with another group of kids in the Community Observation program with the students who had multiple disabilities. The students would be transported by yellow bus to the office and then we would take them to a community site to volunteer for 2 hours each day Monday - Thursday, after volunteering we would transport the students back to the office where they would ride the yellow bus back to their school. The objective of that specific program was to observe the students work ethic and to see what skills they have and what could we work on some more.

I have learned alot about students with disabilities, I've learned how to network, I've learned how to meet people where they are in order to assist them with trying to meet or accomplish their goals, I've learned how to become emphatic toward others and their situations.

Management is good although at times it seems that they don't care.

My co-workers were wonderful, they were team players, very understanding to different situations that someone may have going on.

The hardest part of my job to me was keeping dependable transportation because I wasn't able to afford to obtain a car from a car lot. Also feeling like I wasn't able
  more... to reach out to some students.

The most enjoyable part of my job was everything that I did. I truly enjoyed what I did at Easter Seals.
Pros
Flexibility, benefits
Cons
No room for advancement
Great employer to work for.
Workforce Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 8, 2014
Learned how to recruit and work with at-risk youths. Responsible for recruitment, eligibility, case management, retention, and follow-up services.
Great People
Smartlab Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 27, 2013
I enjoy the people that I work with and the people that comes through the doors every day.

The hardest part is working with people that at the end of the day they want handouts and they don't want to work to get something better.

The best thing is seeing the change in a person as they become something better and achieving their dreams
Pros
they are very flexible when it comes to work and family
Cons
you'll always have differences with people and it's easy to get bulldozed over
Positive Environment
Job Coach/Rehab Aide (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 21, 2012
A typical day at work is taking daily attendance for individuals with developmental disabilities in the morning and afternoon for billing. I monitor individuals throughout the day and assist them with their breaks and lunches by heating in the microwave. I learned from working with individuals with developmental disabilities you have to have problem solving and excellent communication skills. I think management is helpful when a new individual comes to work by informing me about their deficiencies and communicating information about trainings. I think my co-workers are great because they're professional and team players. The hardest part of the job is being able is trying to get an individual with behaviors to adhere to rules and not be defiant. I enjoy being able to see an individual have success by getting a job out in the community.
Pros
the pros working for easter seals tristate are effective communication, team work, professionalism, trainings, and positive environment.
Cons
the cons are not getting challenging assignments and responsibilities.