Easter Seals UCP North Carolina Employee Reviews

Love
Peer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 9, 2017
This has been the best Job I have ever had. Awesome work place, Great people that are understanding and passionate about what they do in changing the world to be a better place!!! Has been a wonderful expirence.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Traveling
Place of helping troubled youth and it produces troubled employees
Therapist/Counselor (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 15, 2017
Forget this agency. Your supervisor will betray you, and you are yelled at as if you were beneath the human race. In addition, those who work the closest to you will find anything to report to your supervisor. Hypocrisy at the most horrible level I have ever experienced.
Pros
Pay, mileage reimbursement, insurance
Cons
The supervisors, belittling, need to watch colleagues who tattle
Poorly run
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 3, 2017
Very disappointing. I expected it to be a school, instead it is a daycare for kids with autism. There were 9 kids in my class, all with challenging behaviors. Exhausting work, then expected to do janitorial work at the end of the day. They moved the kids around to keep student ratios, which is not good for children with autism. Kids on the spectrum do much better staying with the same teacher in their familiar room. Terrible pay for someone with a teaching degree.
Pros
Great playgrounds
Cons
Too many kids per teacher
Enjoyed working with the company so far.
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NCOctober 25, 2016
Would prefer more organization, however employees and supervisors are very friendly. I enjoy how rewarding the job can be, it makes it all worth it. It can be hard to plan depending on a job I am given.
Need better pay
Teamleader (Current Employee) –  Morganton, NCSeptember 15, 2016
I enjoy this field of work and the daily challenges this company offers good benefits but the pay needs to be better. We enjoy lots of outings and helping the clients to achieve goals to better there lives.
amazing workforce
Habitiat Counselor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 16, 2016
im freshly graduated and looking for work in field easter seals is a great company but im off to a different job environment.
A friendly and rewarding workplace.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 12, 2015
I work with one year old children eight hours a day. As a Teacher's Assistant, I have the opportunity to observe and interact with children who enjoy learning new things. My co-workers are great and make the day fun and exciting.
Pretty unorganized and managed poorly
Executive Vice President Programs- Virginia (Former Employee) –  raleighJuly 17, 2015
the agency provides a lot of different services and does not have the infrastructure to manage the services well. There is very little accountability and a as a result significant wasted resources
Pros
some very nice staff - fun to work with
Cons
lack of accountability
If you want to be happy don't work here.
Mental health worker (Former Employee) –  Easter sealsNovember 2, 2013
The culture of this company is backwards and they pretend to care about people with disabilities. The pay is ok but you pay enormous amounts of money out of pocket for healthcare. Management is mostly rude and feel their employees are dispensible. They lie and cheat their employees but expect you to work unbelievable hours until you burn out.
Cons
Healthcare, overworked, no recognition
Poor Management/Decent Pay
Counselor (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 14, 2012
Compensation is decent, for the going rate for a nonprofit organization. The higher ups are very disorganized, so keep track of everything yourself! I also have felt the agency does not have supportive leadership. I would not recommend working for this company.

Want to know more about Easter Seals UCP North Carolina?

Ask a question
Priorities are backwards and poor senior leadership
Full time (Former Employee) –  NCApril 22, 2011
Agency mission is fantastic, but senior leadership is poor leading to backwards priorities. Unfortunately the top is very detached from the front line work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Easter Seals UCP North Carolina. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8