Easter Seals UCP Employee Reviews

Working at Easter Seals
Mobile Crisis Counselor, Adults (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJune 19, 2017
Great place to work, very flexible and great group of people to work with. Great team work to meet the client's needs. Working with Easter Seals is great.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not a good place to work
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 20, 2017
Coming to work you had to get your mind right for the nasty attitude. I learned to sit and just key in all of those papers, and to have a team lead that didn't know much but just wanted the title was the worst.
Pros
The food
Cons
No improving on education
productive work day
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 11, 2017
The clients that you work is definitely what makes the job worth it. The pay wasn't the best but when you enjoying helping those who can't help themselves it makes it worth it.
A good place to work for.
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Weaverville, NCFebruary 21, 2017
A good company to work for, hard to have as a second job because of the available hours with finding a client that you are compatible with.
Awesome place to work!
Program Coordinator and Public School Liaison (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 30, 2016
You will really be able to make a difference in the lives of children and families. Everyone is so genuine, caring, and willing to go the extra mile for the children.
Pros
I really enjoyed working here. I felt like I made a positive difference
Cons
Documentation
good company
Teach and assist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 30, 2016
Good location. Excellent Staff. Good management. Good benefits.Reasonable pay. Friendly staff. Informative.Job advancement opportunities.Well staffed and job stability
Unorganized. Co-workers are a joy.
Day Support Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 6, 2016
Management cause emotional stress! Still expected to work after you have clocked out. No escaping. The clients are a joy, but their guardians can make doing your job complicated. No matter how flexible you are, there's always last minute changes to the schedule.
Easter Seals UCP
Respite Counselor-NC START (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 4, 2016
This organization provides various services to those in need. I learned a great deal working with Easter Seals UCP. Working with this population is very rewarding.
Be careful
Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 24, 2016
Vet of 9 years, left within last year. Typical day depended on level. Sr Management (Corporate) seemed to have lots of time to write new policies, critique field programs, but never seemed to be willing to help. Programs making close to Minimum wage were given cuts, while Sr. Leaders (Corporate) changed their job titles to get more pay. HR leader went from Director to VP to Senior VP to Executive Director the Chief, and it was a known quantity why that was done, as no additional staff added. All the while same person pushed for pay cuts for staff making $10 per hour because reimbursement rates cut. So, basically Medicaid changes that influenced rates didn't influence Raleigh pay, but field pay from front line to Managers was impacted regularly.

Get to know the CEO (LAW) or you'll be gone, I've learned that staff from 10 to 20 plus years were either laid off or termed, and most have no clue why. They were told "restructures" but managers with far less credentials were kept, because they were known to be the "LAW's" PETS.

The work itself was great, dealing with QP, and field staff was wonderful, but hearing their complaints about pay, knowing that nothing would change, and also knowing how much money Raleigh would spend was sad.

Wanna see...Go visit a "field" site like Greensboro, then go to Raleigh and compare. Somehow we could find money to make Raleigh look pretty, but off sites had deplorable conditions and were told that we had to meet the budget to get better. Rules didn't apply to Raleigh/Corporate as excess was constant.

So, not a lot of positives
  more... to say, just a warning to vet things before thinking it's good. Reputation in most areas is bad, Cardinal/Sandhills aren't fans and they are 2 of largest MCO in State, and most was due to how Corporate forced things. I suspect that's universal, but who knows.

Prior to leaving everyone walked around wondering when we'd get let go, as instead of Corporate coming to assist, they'd hire branding, and consultants, send them out and rarely themselves ever show up, though the CEO would boast of how she was going to get to programs. When you see a consultant more than your internal bosses and leaders it's bad.

Financially, they are in bad shape, ended 2015 with over $3 million lost.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
benefits, pay, "clique" groups, Corporate leadership ethics
Love working with the residents!
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Snow Hill, NCOctober 6, 2015
I work here Monday through Friday on second shift. Once I arrive to work I help unload the clients off the van. I then pass medication to each client. Once that's done I then start to cook dinner and while the food is cooking depending on what's on the menu I may have time to shower one client. Also while dinner is cooking I go and chat with my clients about their day or any issues or concerns they want to address. Once the clients have had dinner the other clients get bathed and by that time its time to pass meds again and then its off to bed while the clients are sleeping I take the time to finish any paperwork and finish cleaning the house until my shifts ends.
great place to work
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 2, 2015
I loved working with the different children, and being a help to them. It was nice to be able to be one on one with the children and working on there goals that they have .
love it
Hab tech (Current Employee) –  raleigh ncSeptember 7, 2015
Work with special needs adults (women) my duties was making sure the lady was safe, making sure the house is clean, they room was clean and organized, cook morning and night, assist them with the shower and all other person care, help them budget there money and other things like shopping and person care items. Skills: Medication certification, cpr, first aid training. Advancement to do seven days on and seven days off that means work for seven days and I off seven days i love working with the ladies the are like family to me
Poor Management and policy rules
CRT Community Resource Trainer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 4, 2015
Poor management, and very little interest in following policy rules, paper work is always behind and they only look out for the benefit of the company no the employees or clients.
Pros
very layed back organization
Cons
Management is very lazy, alot of paper work is not done on time and management over looks alot of important policy rules
Great Part-time Job
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 1, 2015
Easter Seals UCP is great for part-time work. In the Fayetteville office the office closed down and participants had to relocate to other organizations.
Pros
Participant and Family
Cons
The closing of the Fayetteville office
I love working for Easter Seals
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  zebulon ncMay 19, 2015
I love working for Easter Seals. I love the clients I have really gotten attached to them they are like my family. I learned how to work with people that all have different needs
Pros
the clients and my supervisor
Cons
co-workers
Great work environment!
Counselor in Training (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 19, 2015
Great team workers! Rewarding work! Unfortunately, driving around to and from clients homes can be exhausting! Need more money mileage!
Rewarding, Flexible, and Friendly environment
Associate professional (Current Employee) –  charlotte, ncFebruary 24, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the day is the connection you build with the child and the family, you become apart of the family. The rewarding factor is the impact that is being made daily.
Person to person support
Therapeutic Counselor (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VADecember 4, 2014
Great opportunity to support individuals with IDD, and a rewarding way contribution to the community. Purpose driven work which aims on person to person Therapeutic support. Documentation is just as much a vital aspect of the work.
Nice workplace
Accounts Receivables/Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, North CarolinaOctober 13, 2014
Productive and people are friendly, and they are doing a great work for indviduals.
Productive and fun
Respite Counselor (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 22, 2014
Great workplace environment that provided respite care to people who are dual diagnosed with developmental disabilities and mental health. Provided therapeutic activities throughout the day while providing basic counseling.