Easter Seals UCP Employee Reviews

Easter Seals UCP
Respite Counselor-NC START (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 4, 2016
This organization provides various services to those in need. I learned a great deal working with Easter Seals UCP. Working with this population is very rewarding.
Love working with the residents!
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Snow Hill, NCOctober 6, 2015
I work here Monday through Friday on second shift. Once I arrive to work I help unload the clients off the van. I then pass medication to each client. Once that's done I then start to cook dinner and while the food is cooking depending on what's on the menu I may have time to shower one client. Also while dinner is cooking I go and chat with my clients about their day or any issues or concerns they want to address. Once the clients have had dinner the other clients get bathed and by that time its time to pass meds again and then its off to bed while the clients are sleeping I take the time to finish any paperwork and finish cleaning the house until my shifts ends.
love it
Hab tech (Current Employee) –  raleigh ncSeptember 7, 2015
Work with special needs adults (women) my duties was making sure the lady was safe, making sure the house is clean, they room was clean and organized, cook morning and night, assist them with the shower and all other person care, help them budget there money and other things like shopping and person care items. Skills: Medication certification, cpr, first aid training. Advancement to do seven days on and seven days off that means work for seven days and I off seven days i love working with the ladies the are like family to me
Poor Management and policy rules
CRT Community Resource Trainer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 4, 2015
Poor management, and very little interest in following policy rules, paper work is always behind and they only look out for the benefit of the company no the employees or clients.
Pros
very layed back organization
Cons
Management is very lazy, alot of paper work is not done on time and management over looks alot of important policy rules
Great Part-time Job
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 1, 2015
Easter Seals UCP is great for part-time work. In the Fayetteville office the office closed down and participants had to relocate to other organizations.
Pros
Participant and Family
Cons
The closing of the Fayetteville office
great place to work
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 2, 2015
I loved working with the different children, and being a help to them. It was nice to be able to be one on one with the children and working on there goals that they have .
I love working for Easter Seals
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  zebulon ncMay 19, 2015
I love working for Easter Seals. I love the clients I have really gotten attached to them they are like my family. I learned how to work with people that all have different needs
Pros
the clients and my supervisor
Cons
co-workers
Great place to work, great residents to work with
Habilitation Technician (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 30, 2014
I work third shift at a group home that is ran by Easter Seals and I am responsible for keeping the house clean and getting the residents ready in the morning. I love the residents that live in the home and I have developed a theraputical relationship with them. The staff is ok but if everyone do what their job entails then I am fine with them.
the hardest part of the job is getting too attached to the residents and the most enjoyable part is interacting with the residents.
Pros
job stability
Cons
health insurance, third shift.
interactive, fun enthusiastic teaching young individuals
Head Middle School Girls' Lacrosse Coach (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, North CarolinaJuly 22, 2014
Lead teacher of the toddler and two year olds. Established age appropriate lesson plans that met the Easter Seals Curriculum. communicated daily with parents/guardians. daily notes, and updates of each child's day. Create appropriate and age art activities. much more!
Pros
health insurance benefits.
Cons
long hours. hard and busy work
excellence place to work and provide assistance with people that have MR/DD.
Associate professional (Current Employee) –  winston-salem, ncDecember 4, 2011
Easter Seals UCP is a company that provides community assistance and personal care for individuals with disabilities. I have learned ethical values, diversity, and the impact a person can have on ones life by being employed at this facility.The clients come from diverse settings such as group homes, upper SES, Lower SES, and depressed neighborhoods.
Pros
the management staff is steered to help me to best, so that i may be a better asset to my client.
Cons
i do drive a lot and, do not get compensate for milage so, i do think the pay could be better.
Productive workplace with Great People
HPR-1 START Director (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VirginiaMarch 22, 2013
This position was responsible for complete start up of the Intellectual and Developmentally Disabled Easter Seals program in Charlottesville, VA. In the beginning there was only the director, who determined to succeed, hired 30 + employees. That was the most enjoyable aspect of the position. Being able to develop a positive culture from the ground up was extremely exciting, as the work this program did and continues to do is the most difficult work in social services.
The most difficult aspect of this position was working with an organization that was in the process of expanding their presence in a new state. The infrastructure was in it's infancy which caused some growing pains.
Pros
phenomenal organization to work for
Be careful
Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 24, 2016
Vet of 9 years, left within last year. Typical day depended on level. Sr Management (Corporate) seemed to have lots of time to write new policies, critique field programs, but never seemed to be willing to help. Programs making close to Minimum wage were given cuts, while Sr. Leaders (Corporate) changed their job titles to get more pay. HR leader went from Director to VP to Senior VP to Executive Director the Chief, and it was a known quantity why that was done, as no additional staff added. All the while same person pushed for pay cuts for staff making $10 per hour because reimbursement rates cut. So, basically Medicaid changes that influenced rates didn't influence Raleigh pay, but field pay from front line to Managers was impacted regularly.

Get to know the CEO (LAW) or you'll be gone, I've learned that staff from 10 to 20 plus years were either laid off or termed, and most have no clue why. They were told "restructures" but managers with far less credentials were kept, because they were known to be the "LAW's" PETS.

The work itself was great, dealing with QP, and field staff was wonderful, but hearing their complaints about pay, knowing that nothing would change, and also knowing how much money Raleigh would spend was sad.

Wanna see...Go visit a "field" site like Greensboro, then go to Raleigh and compare. Somehow we could find money to make Raleigh look pretty, but off sites had deplorable conditions and were told that we had to meet the budget to get better. Rules didn't apply to Raleigh/Corporate as excess was constant.

So, not a lot of positives
  more... to say, just a warning to vet things before thinking it's good. Reputation in most areas is bad, Cardinal/Sandhills aren't fans and they are 2 of largest MCO in State, and most was due to how Corporate forced things. I suspect that's universal, but who knows.

Prior to leaving everyone walked around wondering when we'd get let go, as instead of Corporate coming to assist, they'd hire branding, and consultants, send them out and rarely themselves ever show up, though the CEO would boast of how she was going to get to programs. When you see a consultant more than your internal bosses and leaders it's bad.

Financially, they are in bad shape, ended 2015 with over $3 million lost.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
benefits, pay, "clique" groups, Corporate leadership ethics
Great Employment
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 17, 2013
I have worked with this company for 5 years and have enjoyed the bonds I have built with the organization. Management is good and co-workers are very accountable. Never had an issue with this organization. There is growth within the organization.
Pros
flexible schedule, good pay, and relocation
Cons
difficult individuals at times
Rewarding, Flexible, and Friendly environment
Associate professional (Current Employee) –  charlotte, ncFebruary 24, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the day is the connection you build with the child and the family, you become apart of the family. The rewarding factor is the impact that is being made daily.
Helping the lives of children
Education Coordinator/ Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spring Lake, NCApril 21, 2012
The staff is friendly, but the leadership is horrible. Supervising staff are hardly onsite or proficient at their jobs. Job security depends on how much you can do for the Director and is not based on skills.
Pros
hours are great
Cons
leadership is horrible and unprofressional
Person to person support
Therapeutic Counselor (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VADecember 4, 2014
Great opportunity to support individuals with IDD, and a rewarding way contribution to the community. Purpose driven work which aims on person to person Therapeutic support. Documentation is just as much a vital aspect of the work.
Productive and fun
Respite Counselor (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 22, 2014
Great workplace environment that provided respite care to people who are dual diagnosed with developmental disabilities and mental health. Provided therapeutic activities throughout the day while providing basic counseling.
Great work environment!
Counselor in Training (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 19, 2015
Great team workers! Rewarding work! Unfortunately, driving around to and from clients homes can be exhausting! Need more money mileage!
Good company values
Supervisor/QP (Current Employee) –  Salisbury NCSeptember 13, 2013
I do intakes and supervision of staff daily, I have increased my personal service skills and become more consumer driven. I enjoy seeing the outcomes from all my hard work, seeing individuals grow and gain independence
Fun workplace
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCAugust 16, 2013
Its a joy to work for Easter Seals, the management is great, if you need more training they will provide you with that. I love working with the consumers, you learn more and more about a person when you are with them everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Easter Seals UCP. Our community is ready to answer.