easter seals

easter seals Employer Reviews

Great Gym to relieve stress
Billing and Coding Clerk (Current Employee), Windsor, CTJuly 21, 2014
Pros: thanksgiving dinners for patients
Cons: gym to work off stress
I do enjoy my job working at this company. it just didn't last long enough. the people and co -workers were very friendly, I work well with every one. My day consist of billing and coding, patients demographic filling taking credit card payments answering mutlipe phone lines. Management has there hands full of collecting past due accounts. Co-workers – more... are very intelligent people and are very happy and satisfied with their jobs. The most difficult part of the job is seeing medical reports coming in on children who are dying from brain cancer or have TBI. The most enjoyable part of the job is to put a smile on the patient face when they come in for medical treatment. – less
Hab Tech (Former Employee), Mount Airy, NCJuly 20, 2014
It was a good place to work and the management was easy to get along with. There isn't much room for growth in this job however. There were no raises or bonuses. It was nice to work with only one person, you get to know them and their daily routine and makes for getting through the day easy and fun.
Great and energetic environment.
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Brea, CAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: giving back to the community
Cons: people will judge you and the individual
Assigning 80 coaches to 150+ individuals in a community based program. Helping with any injuries in the field and in the site base. Hardest part of the job dealing with psychiatric breaks in the community. Enjoyed this job due to how rewarding it is to give back and knowing you changed someones life. Staff and management is fantastic, very easy to get – more... along with and always can find additional support if needed. – less
down to earth
Life Skills Coach (Former Employee), Norwalk, CAJune 25, 2014
Working here was always fun for me, the job required that I take clients out into the community daily for volunteer work or just for lunch sometimes. the bad thing about the job would be being out in the summer using public transportation (bus or metro rail)
for experience only
Teacher Assistant/Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLJune 19, 2014
Pros: time off and good experience
Cons: no management support, no room for advancement, bad pay
There are several Easter Seals locations, however the location in West Palm Beach is not a good place to work as teacher. I feel that it is somewhere for anew teacher who is just getting in the childcare field to gain some experience. The plan that they have to deal with children who are tremendously behavioral being that it is a disability service – more... is not effective. No is no room for advancement and the pay isn't good. Their need to be a big change in management also. Its every man for themselves at this place. – less
Easy going, friendly atmosphere
MEDICAL BILLING & CLERICAL INTERN (Former Employee), PennsylvaniaJune 12, 2014
A typical day at work was filled with positive energy from my co-workers where team work was always displayed. Most enjoyable part of work was interacting with the patients and ensuring they were comfortable.
Live and Love to Help the Vets
Veterans Supportive Services Specialist (Current Employee), Oak Park, IL 60302June 7, 2014
Pros: great folks to work with
Cons: not enough vets walking through the door and no outreach to find them.
This organization is well known for helping persons with disabilities and children with autism. Their best kept secret is their Veteran Supportive Services program.

I've had the distinct honor of helping vets acquire their separation papers, find housing and employment, obtain vision and dental care, and assisting in VA claims.
Focus is helping people with disabilities see their abilities.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJune 6, 2014
Pros: sense of making a difference in someone's life
Cons: low pay
Easter Seals is a great company to work if you like helping people. It helped me be more compassionate and learn the importance of empathy.

I had the privilege to advocate for clients on workman's compensation and hopefully extend their claims for aquatic pool therapy.
dedication
Residential Instructor (Former Employee), Lancaster, NHMay 24, 2014
Pros: good health insurance and other benefits, plenty of overtime
Cons: short staffed, dangerous work conditions
Easter Seals is a company that does much good for people with disabilities. It is a demanding job which is very hard to leave behind when you are not there. Over the past few months they have let the quality of their work go downhill making it hard to maintain their help.
loved working with People with Special needs: Found a Calling here!
Teacher Aide (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLMay 21, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: to far! due to gas prices
Students Ages 15 & Up
· Assisted with OT
· Met goals on IEP Plans
· Performed ADLs
· Developed lesson plans on individual basis
· Assisted with PT
· Coordinated daily activities

I assisted with OT , I assisted with Personal care needs with my students. I assisted with PT needs. I would place some in standers, braces. etc. whatever there IEP goal was. – more... I loved it.
I would help them walk in walkers. for each individual it was different. I learned a lot of different things working hand and hand with and OT and a PT. I would do the OT and PT when they weren't there. These students were in a program they wouldn't fit in a normal high school setting. This allowed them to get a special diploma. Other students with higher functioning would be allowed for job placement in the program. Example. Jobs with Walmart , or Goodwill, Salvation Army. and /or companies that assist.

Management really cares about everyone there. Coworkers care, some are just burned out. Hardest part about the job is working with those employees that are burned out. The most enjoyable part is knowing you made a difference. When you see after working with them doing the OT and PT then time later they go from drinking from a bottle to self feeding. Its very rewarding. – less
alot of fun events out the workplace
Human Resource Assistant/ Receptionist (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 13, 2014
I was hired as a receptionist as a part-time. then my ex-supervisor saw that I had interest in benign more than a receptionist so I started to help her in the HR dept. So 6 months later I became a HR Asst. I den got pregnant and I had the best pregnancy with them they were super comfortable with me they would let me come in late and stay late to make – more... up my hour or coming in and leave early to my dr apt and then the next day make up the hrs that I had left to make up so that I would hae my 8hr of the days. All of my co-worker were extremely good they always wanted my help if it was something I would know how to do if not they would teach me so in case of someone asking me if I know how to do I can say yes. My best part of the day of time that I was working at easter seals was the events they would celebrate a lot of events. – less
Poor management, very low wages
Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Carson, CAMay 12, 2014
No room for advancement at all. Management team is really disrespectful and rude. Pay is very low and they require you to do a lot for the pay.
volunteer position
Volunteer Speech Language Pathology Assistant (Former Employee), Levittown, PAMay 5, 2014
Assisted the speech therapists with running different activities such as speech, music and play groups for children with developmental disabilities
Driver
Driver (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJMay 1, 2014
Transporting Disable People.
Customer Services.
Part Time.
good for the clients
Caregiver (Former Employee), Evansville, INApril 24, 2014
Pros: trainiing available
Cons: management does not compensate for client damages to property
Training is very good. The clients are well taken care of. Management was good and easy to work with.
Rewarding place to work
Job Coach (Current Employee), Keene, NHApril 22, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: can consume you
Conduct several meetings a day to hwlp people find jobs. I prep the for interviews, once hired I can offer on the job support through job coaching, Everything about the job is great.
Amazing team players in Harlingen Office
EIS/SLP-Assistant (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXApril 14, 2014
Staff at the Harlingen office is amazing. Is similar to Home Health as visits are made in the families homes. Mileage compensation is a plus as well as help with cell phone allowance. Enjoy working with families.
Love working with the individuals
Life Skills Coach (Current Employee), West Covina Ca 91790April 7, 2014
Typical day at work will be help assist an individual in their daily goals. Staff help an individual achieve their daily task such as eating, using the restroom, working on a project.
They do alot of good!
Waiver Staff (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 1, 2014
Pros: you can accure pto and sick pay every week. and it is a healthy amount.
Cons: the health insurance part expained in review
Easter Seals is a good company to work for. They do a lot of good things. I work for the waiver department which means I do out to peoples house and help them with everyday life. Now just like all other companies they are not perfect but then no one is. They have a descent health care plan. The only part I dont agree with is they want everyone to partake – more... in a wellness program( which is a good thing and i agree with this) to loss weight or get yourself to better help. This part is nice because everyone needs help in this department. But, the part I dont agree with is if you are trying and you are doing what the doctors ask you to do but you are still having problems Easter Seals want to charge you more for the insurance. Some things in life are not always cured with excersice or pills. – less
Easter Seals is a good place to start out and get some really good experience within the Mental health field.
Behavioral Interventionist (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 25, 2014
Pros: very rewarding, benefits when you have them, and the number of days off.
Cons: number of hours, the lack of security in hours, potential to lose benefits, pay, and number of hats you have to wear
On a typical day as a Behavioral Interventionist I work one on one with children with autism providing Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) and Early Intervention shaping appropriate social skills, behaviors, and coping skills while creating an entertaining environment for the child. Before the sessions I prepare for then by working on my lesson plans – more... and reviewing their progress on their goals. After the sessions I compute and input the child’s data into our system and as the lead I review all of the data that the team has imputed to make sure that they are progressing with their goals.

Working in this field has improved my knowledge of the mental health field, child development, as well as how to assist/teach families to cope, support, and interact with people that have special needs. I have learned how to think on my toes and adapt my teaching to the situations that arise as well as to better suit the mood that the child is in on a given day.

Management is up and down due to the number of hours that they have pertaining to each of their cases as well as that you might have a number of different ones that you have to wear different hats for. They are very good though with their support of their employees and are there to help you when you need it.

The coworkers are friendly but usually stick to themselves as well as there are so many that are in and out of the office that you do not really get to know them one on one especially since everyone’s schedule is different.

The hardest part of the job is that you have to wear so many different hats working with the number of families and mangers that we do.

The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely seeing the growth in the children that we work with. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About easter seals

A year round effort that has nothing to do with Easter, seals, or flowers, the National Easter Seal Society annually helps more – Read more