Easter Seals Employee Reviews

It was very stressful at time but you can manage
DIRECT LEAD STAFF (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAFebruary 16, 2018
The teamwork and management could use a better strategy of handling things. Like the participants and family members need to be on the same accord instead of them not knowing what is really going on with their care plans or patients.
LIFE SKILLS TRAINER LEAD PART TIME (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 15, 2018
Great environment, slow pace, steady work, friendly, good pay, flexible schedule, good team work, great management, stable job for part time or full time.
Manager was a horrible person!!
Doesn’t matter (Former Employee) –  New HampshireFebruary 15, 2018
Don’t work here!! Awful place! Liars, deceitful, back stabbing. Hateful manager.. very very very two faced!! Didn’t like when you didn’t agree... horrible language talks poorly about clients out loud in middle of office
great organization, horrible leadership
Director of Respite and Family Support Services (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAFebruary 15, 2018
too much pettiness, employees are not treated well, very elitist, HR is too powerful and doesn't understand servant leadership concepts, benefits are not good, work/life balance is off if in a middle/upper management position
Pay
Employment Specialist/Mentor/Job Coach (Former Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 14, 2018
I worked in North Carolina, and over all in that state they need to pay people more money. It is a very low paying state. I loved working for eastersealsucp in most all other aspects.
Easter Seals
Rehabilitation Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALFebruary 11, 2018
I enjoyed the opportunity to meet and work with some great people. During my tenure with Easter Seals, it was very rewarding serving the clients with disabilities.The clients were such amazing and loving people. Everyday, I looked forward to working with our clients and watching the excitement they exuded by going to work each day.
Helping Others
Family Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILFebruary 9, 2018
Easter Seals is a good place to work , if you are focused on helping other men and women with developmental disabilities reach their highest potential.

This atmosphere requires patience, dedication, and the awareness of self care.

Overall make sure you are fit for the call. to avoid burnout.
Pros
Working with a team
Cons
pay raises
Incredible people
Pool Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CAFebruary 8, 2018
I loved working with all the incredible people at Easter Seals. Employees and clients alike. I didn't get paid what I felt I deserved but I got to serve people who need a lot of assistance. I learned a diversity of skills and was never bored.
Pros
Nice people and environment, learned new skills
Cons
limited resources
Aba rocks
Program Manager (ABA) (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAFebruary 8, 2018
It is an excellent place to work and it is a very large company. They promote evidence-based practices which is why their primary focus is applied Behavior Analysis. They do an excellent job developing their staff.
Pros
Training, education reimbursement, and opportunity
Cons
Every region is different.
Great place to work and learn,and meet great people
front desk receptionist (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, New JerseyFebruary 6, 2018
pleasant, professional working environment. workshops offered pertaining to job responsibilities. Management displays fairness. and flexibility to employee needs. My computer skills have been improved
Pros
free parking
Cons
insuffient working hours
Nice place to work starting off
Childcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 6, 2018
If you love working with children, especially those with special needs this is the right place to start.The pay is not all that great so if you have a family to take care of you might want to use this place as a stepping stone.
Pros
Community has a overall fantastic attitude
Cons
pay not so good
Not a good place to work. Employees are overworked and under paid
Lead Job Coach/ Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHFebruary 5, 2018
The company is a non profit organization and does not hire qualified people to perform the job requirements that they are hired to do. The company is understaffed in the department I worked and this caused the employees on staff to work long hours at various times during the day, night, and weekends. This lead to low moral, stress, unfavorable job work to life balance, and seasoned employees leaving.
Pros
Helping people with Special Needs
Cons
Hours worked, pay, and management
I loved the families and children that I served.
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHFebruary 5, 2018
I enjoyed my role as an OT working serving children and families. I learned a lot over the years both as a therapist and relating to life. I felt the management to be poor and it was not a positive workplace culture. A difficult part of the job was not always trusting my supervisor and how I would be treated any particular day. The paperwork requirements were unrealistic based on the limited time given to complete the paperwork. Most enjoyable was the gains that the children made.
Pros
working with children and families.
Cons
Office environment.
Fun and very unpredictable days
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Oakhurst, NJFebruary 2, 2018
We provided transportation to our facility for our person served. We would then take attendance and work on their Daily training records. This included there goals and objectives. We would then go to our activities planned then en our day with lunch. When working with this company I learned that not one situation that you were dealt with was the same. You must approach each situation like its own and go in with a positive mind. The hardest part was trying to solve an issue that may not be important to you but is important to someone else. The most enjoyable part is that you were helping people in need and it was very rewarding.
Not recommended
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 1, 2018
I would not recommend starting your career here. If you are looking for a place to work right pre retirement or post retirement could work. Not so much into innovation or exponential growth.
Challenging, yet rewarding career.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAFebruary 1, 2018
I think the most enjoyable part of the job working at Easter Seals was getting to know the clients. The pay was okay but not for some of the stresses you had to deal with on a day to day basis. Management was hit and miss.
A competitive work environment
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJanuary 31, 2018
My typical work day was to teach through play, to children that had autism. The work culture was very diverse. The hardest part of my job is to de-escalate a behavior.
great productive work place.
Personal Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCJanuary 31, 2018
This is very relaxed workplace. You learn how things need to be done and you adapt and do things to the best of your pace. The clients who live in the home are very respectful and easy to work for. I would be more than glad to recommend someone to work for easter seals.
Save your own sanity...
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  New HampshireJanuary 31, 2018
I worked at the Farnum Center and absolutely loved my job, but the upper management staff are the most disrespectful, inappropriate, condescending, and cut-throat people I have ever met in my professional career.
If you're looking for a facility that may pay you wonderfully, be prepared to deal with favoritism, nepotism, and an overall unethical culture amongst employees.
Busy place to work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJanuary 31, 2018
Prioritizing a daily schedule, deadlines have to become met regardless of what comes across the desk. I enjoyed my supervisors and other co-workers with clients needs. Hardest part of all of the to do list at times all could not become done in an entire day.
Pros
You can create your own schedule
Cons
Job and family are hard to balance