Easter Seals Employee Reviews

Fun work environment with great management and employees
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHOctober 1, 2016
The majority of employees working for Easter Seals are dedicated and easy to work with and get along with. I learned a lot about leadership from working with clients to improve themselves. It was frustrating at times because the clients can be difficult to work with, but through my experiences I learned a lot about taking initiative and having a good demeanor in times of high stress and adversity. It taught me to value the process over the results as the results are largely up to the clients to achieve, but maintaining a consistent process with them is paramount.
Pros
Great co-workers, great benefits, great support system from management
Cons
stressful and difficult situations involved
The worst place to work!!!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 4, 2016
I'm surprised with the good previous comments are surely invented by the administrators there, but the truth is that the care center for adults of Miami located in the 14th Avenue, has very poor management, staff is not valued, especially the CNAs, who have to work very hard, because in a room with about 30 patients with severe mental problems, leaving only 2 or 3 CNA, and with a very low salary, plus the work environment is horrible, the administrators not greet staff, and several times if something is lost, the administrator no doubt to accuse the CNAs that they are a thieves, and she doesn't understand, that are working with people who have lost memory and don't remember where they put the things. These and many other reasons make this one of the worst places in Miami to work. They take much advantage of the need of the people for to work.
Pros
Give love to the elderly
Cons
Too many things
Do not value their therapists. Kaiser vendor, primarily autism. No opportunities for assessment.
Senior speech-Language Pathologist, Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 20, 2016
Easter Seals Management and Corporate do not value their therapists. We have had a mass exodus of all staff (ABA, PT, OT, SLP) over the past year. They did not offer even a cost of living raise or bonus, over the past three years and benefits do not increase. Staff morale is low and management is poor. They will be changing all of their SLPs to Variable Hour Employees, so most likely will be losing all of their present therapists.
Porvides services to emotionally ill people/housing support services
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJJuly 21, 2016
Although Easter Seals is a Nation wide organization, I personally feel more emphasis should have been placed on proper training of the staff. The management at times appear to put profit before care and I believe in certain situations the leadership was ill trained, especially the office manager and those further up on the corporate ladder. It is a good organization which helps and supports many in the community, but asks far too much of employees by asking them to be on 24 hour call without compensation, the paperwork is often repetitive and redundant which uses up too much time which could be spent assisting individuals in need or in severe crisis which often was the case. Again, I understand their mission statement but to explain to a new case manager that their case load would be roughly 15-25 people is often extended to 40 or so, you start to feel overworked and underpaid and soon become over taxed. they also have a policy of "letting go" of many team members or employees for slight mistakes, usually made when constantly overworked.
management needs more training.
Pros
excellent support from co workers
Cons
long hours, no compensation, 24 hour call, extremely large case load of severly, emotionally disturbed individuals
Supporting Individuals in the community and within their place of work.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Stratham, NHOctober 25, 2016
As a Direct Support Proffessional I provided support with developmentally challenged Individuals in both the Community and their place of work. My duties consisted of .. Working on coping skills, Money management - Budgeting, problem solving, team building skills, participated in all team meetings and ISA's. Attended many trainings, and am very familiar with the DBT scale.
Pros
Rewarding, making a difference in the lives of others.
Cons
lack of breaks, emotional support when needed and communication.
Could Be Better
Life Skills Coach (Current Employee) –  August, CAJuly 4, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is the clients. You do your best to serve them. But management...
Pros
None really
Cons
low pay. not many raises, managment
Does not fully support and encourage staff
SPECIAL SKILLS INSTRUCTOR (Teacher) (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 8, 2016
Some of the employees have been there longer than others and have this mentality of they are much more superior and although they like to think that they promote and working together mentality, they don't. There is a lot of gossiping and superior attitudes. Upper management does not fully support staff or provide guidance. Turn around for employees is very high.
Management/Finance/Accounting
Finance (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 2, 2016
Easter Seals has a great mission, but very unorganized and not structured. Management tends to micromanage every single tasks. Management is not patient with training. I was very unhappy and confused with a lot of tasks because I never received any good help or training.
Pros
Great mission and parking
Cons
Pay wasn't that good
Chaotic & rewarding type of workplace. Not for the weak of heart.
Residential Instructor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHSeptember 27, 2016
The job was in children's placement. The children come from a variety of backgrounds but most have suffered from some type of abuse/neglect.
There was frequent staff turnover, staff shortages, & management was not very supportive.
I learned a lot about psychology, deepened my sense of compassion, & learned how to handle myself in a crisis.
Serving Others
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Lexington, TNNovember 28, 2016
You will learn and gain useful tools and experience. You will love the individuals you serve and respect your hardworking co-workers. The organization believes in providing good services to individuals and families of individuals.
Pros
Annual company picnic, decent benefits
Cons
Lack of Communication
Friendly and nurturing work enviroment
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 1, 2016
it was a short time that i worked under Easter seals, but it was a great experience and i met some friendly and hardworking people during. I learned more about customer service and cooperating with coworkers while i was working with my assigned job coaches than i have while working with my two previous places of employment, it was difficult at first getting used to the work after being out of work for close to a year, but with the help from the job coaches and some hard work i was able to do a good job and impress the management at the workplaces i came to.
great company to work for.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEOctober 24, 2016
Like working for them flexible hours, ok pay and no room for advancement. but you can make your own client list. I would work for them again if needed.
Pros
Not enough client base
Cons
Flexiable hours
Great coworkers.
UTILIZATION REVIEW/ADULT DAYCARE NURSE (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHOctober 13, 2016
Busy days, working with a variety of responsibilities within office environment.
Truly fulfilling compassionate work.
Upper management appeared disinterested with our division.
Out going
Janitor (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTDecember 22, 2016
Excellent job. Non profit organization. The workers are there for you. You feel at home, like you don't have that thought of being fired.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Professional company whose focus is improving the quality of the client's lives.
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 23, 2016
Due to the nature of the job, hours were limited to after-school hours, which prevents full-time employment for most Behavior Interventionists. Immediate supervisors were personable. Training was excellent. Travel required. This position requires you to work closely with the family and/or caregivers. The hardest part of the job was the isolation from co-workers and supervisors. The clerical staff received the most acknowledgement for a job well done, possibly because they are in physical proximity to supervisors That being said, employees overall are treated very well. The most enjoyable part was seeing your clients progress and learn how to function and communicate more effectively, leading to your client living a fuller, richer life.
Pros
Bonuses, gift cards, etc.
Cons
Part-time work
Nice Daycare
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 24, 2016
I loved this daycare. It is my favorite daycare to work because it's clean and organized. I learned to be patient with children's. There is a lot of type of kids with different feeling and families. Not all the children's are raised the same way. I didn't get to know all of my co-workers but I had the honor to meet some of them which they were very nice. I enjoyed every second of my job.
Exciting job atmosphere
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 31, 2016
Nice atmosphere to work in. Very helpful staff and clients. benefits are on the cheaper side. Only a handful of full-time positions however part-time employees get full-time benefits.
Productive and anjoyable
Supportive living aid (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, WYNovember 29, 2016
a Typical day includes making breakfast/lunch/dinner depending on the shift, for the clients as well helping them with daily needs such as getting dressed, personal hygiene, and making sure theyre medications are taken all allowances are accounted for. Keeping the area clean and organized. The most enjoyable part was being able to be yourself and being friendly to clients and/or family and coworkers.
Excellent working conditons.
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJune 30, 2016
Due to good management, company was very successful which benefited all employees. Working conditions were excellent. Left due to wanting to cut down to part-time. Access Rehab and Easter Seals have a working relationship.
Pros
Work conditions excellent.
Cons
No cons, left employment due to moving out of state.
Friendly work environment
Waiver Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 1, 2016
Easter Seals was a wonderful work environment. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my wonderful client. I helped him to develop skills that include routine management and improving motor skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Easter Seals. Our community is ready to answer.