Easter Seals Employee Reviews

Overall is a pleasant place to work
Residential Group Home Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 16, 2018
There is always room for improvement and advancement for growth within the company. There are some things that will come easily and naturally, then there are some that you will have to be trained and taught to better serve the residents and clients that Easterseals provides a service to.
Busy workplace with lots of daily activities
Community Skills Trainer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 16, 2018
I usually start my day changing clients and getting them ready to start their daily activities. also choosing groups and going out on activities. Cleaning, cooking, and serving meals
Pros
Helping others gain their independence
Cons
No breaks
Great for job advancement
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CA 90503January 15, 2018
It's a great Monday to Friday 8 to 4 job. Definitely need to be a people person and have patience since working with individuals with intellectual disabilities.
Pros
Benefits, discounts and bonuses
Cons
Wages are not reflective of the work done.
Great job
Mobile Crisis Shift Lead Therapist (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJanuary 15, 2018
I love my job, it's simple and stress free. My supervisor is hardworking and she provides a lot of clinical expertise. My only downfall is the staff, you really have to watch your back (But then I guess that's at any job). Overall, its a pretty good place to work.
Pros
Compensation, Benefits
Cons
Need a little flexibility
good place
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHJanuary 14, 2018
Good place for mothers hours, great clients and nice bosses. Not a bad day, but end up using PTO for bad weather days when it's really not safe to be driving clients around. Low payment for mileage.
Pros
fun job
Cons
low pay
Great!
Junior Applied Behavioral Analysis Coach (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 14, 2018
No matter what your role is here you will make a direct impact in the life of someone who probably would not survive without your services. Your pay will be low and benefits won't exist, but you will work with some of the best people and you will be able to sleep well at night.
Pros
Fulfilling work
Cons
Low pay, sometimes heartbreaking
Good place to start
Junior ABA Coach (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 13, 2018
ES is a very good place to start building your experience for ABA school. You learn a lot and staff is very helpful. Hours were very flexible you can definitely work and take classes at the same time.
Pros
Helpful staff, Flexible work hours
Cons
Pay
Poor Management as a whole
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHJanuary 11, 2018
Hired with intent of being full time never once hit 30 hours. Staff was lazy leaving vomit everywhere to the point it was caked on everything. Staff discuss completely inappropriate topics with clients. management can not even put the schedules on time and when you have approved days off they still schedule you on those days. Management does not care about staffs problems and when you try to discuss something you witnessed they ignore you.

Hours are terrible mainly 3-10 so it ruins your whole day. Next shift staff never showed up on time. Houses had bugs and were really dirty.
Cons
Management, Hours, No benefits, Scheduling
lacks poor management
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAJanuary 11, 2018
poor upper management communications. arrive at clients home, work the programs given by the program manager and client supervisor. I have independently learned about ABA and autism spectrum disorder. Hardest part about job is the constant change in programs. workplace culture depends on the house and area of home. most enjoyable is seeing improvement in the kids i work with.
Great work place
Friendly Visitor (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHJanuary 10, 2018
I really loved working with the clients I had. They were so enjoyed to talk to. I really didn’t mind driving to all the places either. My employer was a great employer to work for.
Pros
The clients
Cons
Driving
Great for new CNA's
Assist clients (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJanuary 10, 2018
Easter Seals is a great place to work and an excellent place to start off at. You have less than 5 clients at a time, and you can provide the 101 time necessary for each client as well without difficulties. Most of the time, the CNA works alongside a peer or a nurse that is more than willing to give a helping hand.
no one provides training or mentoring
Information Technology Support Specialist - Intern (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAJanuary 9, 2018
I was left on my own with very little management or mentoring. No one had a plan for my internship or spent much time helping me build my skills/experience. I was often bored, under used, and left alone in an empty office with very little to hold my interest.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
No formal training or mentoring
Fun place
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaJanuary 8, 2018
High turn over rate but adequate trainings takes place for new staff. Wish we had more opportunities to get employees together and socialize since fieldwork is very isolated.
Pros
Bonuses, holidays off
Cons
Policies changing often
Working at Easter Seals is a great experience as an overall. It has taught me to work with different groups of people.
Art Instructor (Current Employee) –  Little Haiti Cultural CenterJanuary 8, 2018
I have been working in Easter Seals for two years now teaching art to the students that attend the after school at the Little Haiti Cultural Center. This experience has taught me about inclusion and how to work in teams with different groups.
Pros
This experience has taught me inclusion
Cons
This experience has no negative aspect to it
Productive enjoyable work place
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 6, 2018
A typical day of work at Easter Seals, coming into the office, and making phone calls, scheduling meetings, along with getting approvals for plans of care. Communicating with other case managers and supervisors about new plan that were implemented.
Pros
Staff meetings on Tuesday's
Cons
Make your own schedules.
Great management of time
Personal Care Assistant (PCA) (Current Employee) –  Pennington, NJJanuary 4, 2018
Working for this company has been a great way to meet new people and get experience of working with special needs individuals. The time schedule is very flexible and the pay is good.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
increase rate
Good company to work at.
Targeted Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 3, 2018
Great work environment. Good co-workers. Flexible work environment. Able to work in field and in the office about 50/50 of the time. Struggled to get all the work done that is needed for the month. End of the of the month time line lings can add stress.
Pros
Salaried. Flexible hours. Great supervisers. Good benefits.
Cons
Struggles with end of the month deadlines
productive and fun place to work, great experience.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJanuary 2, 2018
I was pleased to work for Easter Seals, they serve a great population and the case managers are all driven and eager to make a difference. It was a great place to work
Pros
great employer
Cons
low salary
Company needs to
Custodian Worker (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 30, 2017
This company needs to pay more money and treat their empliyees better. The job is okay if you lije workinf really hard for no money. The company has no incentives for job well done.
Pros
Paid
Cons
Not enough money
Great place to work.
Habilitation Technician, (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 29, 2017
Easter Seals was a very enjoyable place. All the staff got along with each other, They were very helpful, They made sure we were up to date with any training's that were required.