Eastern Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Solid Company
Investment Officer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 9, 2016
Overall, a solid company to work for. However, there is a lack of job advancement and general appreciation for those that are not in a sales role.
great training
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAMay 3, 2016
This was a good stepping stone to enter the banking field. The training was good and always available. Management was also always available
Pros
training
Cons
hours
very good place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 3, 2016
good place to work with very good people
excellent benefits and very flexible hours
ranked number one in banking industry
a mutually owned bank
Great business to work for, but no room for growth
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 25, 2016
Great company to work for with a great benefits package. Eastern Bank has so much involvement in the community which is what I truly love about the company. At Eastern Bank I control the operations of the Manchester branch. Vault, ATM, Coin machine, and complete cash controls of the whole branch. I am the direct supervisor of four employees when it comes to procedures behind the teller line. I review any new account documentation that comes into the Manchester branch to ensure the proper documentation is collect and correctly put in the system. I have learned how to multi-task and be able to supervise which helping customers at the same time. I love being able to help my customers and co-workers on a day to day basis. I have been in the banking industry for 6 years, so I am ready to take my bachelors degree from Southern New Hampshire University along with my extensive background and further my career in an analyst position.
Pros
Great compensation plan
Cons
No room for growth
awesome
Teller (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAApril 7, 2016
Love working for eastern bank it is a really good company to work for, All the locations are amazing. Best bank to work for
serious business but nice place to work
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Marion, MAMarch 2, 2016
Friendly coworkers. Management does not look down upon its employees. I was part time so I cannot comment on benefits. If it hadn't wanted to go the science route, Eastern wouldn't have been a bad place to settle down.
Best place to work in MA for many years
Employment Coordinator/Talent Acquisition Team (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MAFebruary 6, 2016
I enjoy working directly with employees concerning inquiries or requests for all types of human resources related issues
Busy Bank
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Salem, MAJanuary 21, 2016
Busy day with many customers coming into the branch making deposits and withdrawls and also needing customer service, like ordering new ATM cards and opening accounts
Very sales oriented
Assistant Vice-President/Officer/Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, MANovember 6, 2015
A very fast paced sales oriented Bank. Does a lot for the community that each branch is located in. Sales driven with high goals for each Employee.
Pros
Community driven
Cons
Made goals very hard to accomplish
not happy with this job
Teller Manager (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAOctober 27, 2015
I followed a previous manager from another job to this job. Shortly switching I ending getting a new managers. The new manager I had had some kind of issue as she starting righting me up for everything. While working for this job I became ill and starting loosing tons of weight due to the stress and my illness. No matter what I did this manager was never happy with me. I even came in on my vacation to assist the manager as she did not know how to close and needed assistance even then I got no thank you for coming in on my time to assist her. She wrote me up so much that she wrote me out of the job. When I spoke to human resources I was told that I should have took a leave if I was that sick they did nothing to look into my complaint.
Pros
employee appreciation sometimes
Cons
bad management
Productive workplace but not much room for advancement
Teller (Former Employee) –  Saugus, MAOctober 11, 2015
As a teller, I learned a lot about customer service and the internal aspects of how a bank works. However, there was not much room for advancement and I knew it was not something I wanted to do long-term.
Pros
productive work environment, built customer service skills
Cons
high dependability due to handling people's money
Great starting point
Teller (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAAugust 13, 2015
I loved being able to help customers with there financial needs. My hardest part of the job was trying to make un happy customers satisfied with there banking. I loved being able to connect with customers and be a part of there life.
Great Values - Learning Opportunity
BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 9, 2015
Eastern is a company with great values, it focus on small business side of the economy makes a huge difference in the New England area.
This approach is not only profitable for the bank but also helps the community and inactivates the entrepreneurs.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Meetings could be really far from your working area.
Eastern Bank
Teller Manager (Former Employee) –  Saugus, MAJuly 31, 2015
Good place to start a banking career. There is plenty of room for you to grow. The company is expanding drastically. If you put in the effort there will be great return.
Productive, fun
Sevice Associate (Universal Banker) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 15, 2015
Good environnment to work. Worked in team.
1st shift from 9 to 5 Monday trough friday.
I enjoyed interacting with customers. Maintained and opened customers accounts. Processed to loan and mortgage applications.
Strong Knowlege in Sales.
Processed deposits , various transactions with clients.
handled telephone calls.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short Break
typical day sales driven bank looking to grow
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Marion, MAMay 12, 2015
A typical day at work is full of various tasks and multi tasking situations from handling customer transactions to selling products and services as well as opening accounts and all the day to day cash handling. we are required to make outreach sales calls. I try to learn new things everyday i have been with the company for 7 years and still enjoy and am open to learning anything new that I can. I feel that for the most part our office has a great attitude and team oriented feel. We all mesh really well together and are always there to help one another out. I would say the hardest part of the job is sometimes being short handed and juggling everything all at once but as I mentioned earlier we work really well as a team and hep each other every way that we can. My most enjoyable part would be when we really go above and beyond to help customers really take the extra steps and time to get the job done find solutions and make the customers happy.
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMarch 16, 2015
Always stayed busy, especially toward the end of the week, which was pay day! Co workers were the best to work with, always a blast. Talking to the customers was my favorite part of my job!
Pros
able to conversate with the customers
Cons
short breaks
Productive Administrator
Senior Relationship Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lynn, MAFebruary 18, 2015
Productive and ever changing department. Multiple processes are done on a daily basis. . My department compares to an emergency room in a Hospital, you have to be ready for anything that may need to be done. Customer Service is key. Need to handle multiple projects and tasks through out the day and month. You are always busy throughout the day.

The most difficult aspect of my job is that there are Bank mergers every two years within the last 10 years, because of these mergers the Bank is very large now in comparison to when I started with the Bank and this puts a whole new dynamic to the work load and morale.
Pros
the bank's benefits are good and the co-workers are team players
Cons
the company is too large now.
fun work place and a lot of room for advancement
CSA (Former Employee) –  Westford MaFebruary 10, 2015
I have had a great experience working for Eastern Bank. For the past three years I have gone from knowing nothing to learning so much here and have been determined to keep moving up as much as possible. I have worked with very nice and fun people who have really helped me along the way.
Pros
lots of fun and advancement
Cons
not enough easternbank locations
Workforce and Customers
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Malden, MAFebruary 9, 2015
I think Eastern Bank is doing a great job at diversifying their workforce. In addition, I think Eastern Bank, in comparison to its competitors, offers the best customer service.