Eastern Bank

Eastern Bank Employer Reviews

Worked with great staff and motivation very good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Saugus, MAMarch 14, 2014
Pros: free gym, sometimes lunch for the branch
Cons: half hour lunches when often working 10 hour shifts
I would come into work and sometimes not have anyplace to sit at a desk to wait on customers. Which made it difficult to have the customer time I needed to reach goals due to the fact that I had no place to wait on them. I learned how to give great customer service, I loved waiting on them when I had a chance. The management would often be competitive – more... to get most of the accounts and loan applications and often was not available to get approvals on certain management issues. The hardest part of the job was getting to use a free desk to wait on customers. The most enjoyable part was being able to help a customer that was having any problems with accounts/loans. I got great self enjoyment out of customers calling on me at times because they knew me and my capabilities and personal attention to their needs. – less
fantastic work place
Relationship Manager, Priority Banking(SPO) (Former Employee), Bangladesh, DhakaJanuary 24, 2014
I have to satisfied my clients by providing them excellent service.
followup my portfolio clients and inform them what we are offering now. I have learned how to cross sells of product due to our excellent management. my co workers were very friendly with me so i never feel bored at work place. I always feel good when my customers are appreciating my – more... works which i enjoyed a lot. – less
Fun job
Regional Service Associate (Former Employee), Reading, MANovember 14, 2013
Eastern Bank gives you a lot of opportunity to advance and will believe in you until you make them think otherwise. They hire amazing people and give you the best training.
Great Company to work for
Teller (Current Employee), Lynn, MAOctober 29, 2013
I've been working for Eastern Bank for 3 years and everyday is a fun and challanging. I learned so much about banking regulation and policy. The employees are professionals, knowledegable and really helpfull.
I also get to know a lot of people, everyday customer, different personalities.
All in all, if you're looking for a homy comapny to work for with – more... the opportunity to grow... Eastern Bank may be a good choice for you. – less
eastern bank
Bank Teller/Sales (Former Employee), Peabody, MAOctober 8, 2013
Pros: great work enviroment friendly wonderful customers
I love Eastern Bank; Great team environment working together on contest for Sales incentives. Managers are very talented and work very hard networking. Teller managers work extremely hard and have a lot of responsibility . Tellers work hard and only a few full time. The majority of tellers are now a combination customer service and teller called csa's – more... and most are a part time position. The job has many perks. – less
NO T SO GOOD
Proof & Transit/Loan Clerk/Supervisor (Former Employee), Lynn, MASeptember 3, 2013
Pros: hours
Cons: management
Too much pressure benefits weren't great but it's been a long time since I have left and things may have change. Some of the management was terrible but things do change in time.
Hardest part
Teller Representative (Former Employee), Saugus, MAAugust 20, 2013
Difficult customers who give you a hard time about showing their ID, but once you get over that hump, it's a great place to work, and even better to form relationships with.
Hectic and fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lynn, MAAugust 5, 2013
Answer calls from customer with prompt friendly service.
How banking works and how the government plays a big roll in banking.
The management is great.
Lots of friendly people to work with. Always there to help.
Answering an angry customer's questions in a friendly and polite manor.
Solving a customer's problem and making them happy.
Great Benefits
Senior Teller (Current Employee), Newton, MAMay 27, 2013
Pros: great employee benefits!
Good Company, great benefits! Love that is family-oriented.
Small Yet Huge Company!
Customer Service Associate I (Current Employee), Wilmington, MAMay 14, 2013
Pros: slower technology than other banks
Cons: hours
As a customer service associate I am able to work on the teller side of banking services as well as open accounts and any type of maintenance,

AnonymousWorker – June 18, 2013

I personally hate the CSA role. It leaves my particular branch understaffed and employees confused as to where they belong.."am I a teller today? Or I'm I on customer service?" Whoever invented this job was clearly only looking at the bottom line!!

Small company with good values
Teller Manager (Former Employee), Lynn, MAMarch 12, 2013
Enjoyed working for a small company. Advancement happened quickly if you did the job right. Hours were good. Could get training/information easily.
Productive work place
Collections Processor, Consumer Lending Division (Former Employee), Lynn, MAFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: great benefits
A very professional atmosfere. i learned a lot everyone was very helpful. Management is on point. Co-workers work in a team. the hardest part of the job is to be very detail oriented. the most enjoyable part of the job was the honor to work for a very sucessful company.
overall a great work place
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Saugus, MAJanuary 4, 2013
I learned a lot from Easternbank and i enjoy my co-workers aswell as my managers. We are very busy but always seem to have fun and take care of our customers.
Awsome Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Peabody, MADecember 14, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Great company to work for. Good benefits, room for advancement.
Was ok but monotonous
Lockbox Clerk Business Services (Former Employee), Lynn, MAOctober 13, 2012
Pros: health, dental, eye plans
Cons: to far from home and boring
When they tell you you will be doing one job they mean it. Other than that there is not much freedom to interact with co-workers
Company
Teller Manager (Former Employee), Burlington, MASeptember 21, 2012
This was a great company to work for. I enjoyed the customers and my co workers. Banking was a great job for me out of high school and it allowed me to go to college at night full time while still getting the hours at the bank during the day!
Good place to start your financial services career
Teller (Former Employee), Lynn, MAAugust 30, 2012
Pros: benefits, flexibility
Cons: moving up to a higher position might take time
Working as a teller I learned a lot of financial services skills, customer service and attention to detail.

The company offers different classes for you to take, certificates, etc.

The hardest part of the job was, depending on the branch you are working at, it would get very crowded sometimes, making it difficult sometimes to have all customers happy – more... and satisfied.

I learned to sell some products and services from the bank, and you also get incentives. – less
Great company with poor management
Part Time Head Teller (Former Employee), Salem, MAJuly 23, 2012
Pros: benefits, hours, ot
Cons: management, internal politics
I was able to advance my position at Eastern Bank rather quickly. However, the management in my particular branch did pick favorites and was very unfair at times. I believe that HR should be directly included in branch decisions and reviews.
everything will be good if you have connections
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Danvers, MAJuly 6, 2012
All depends on your team and on your management.If they just would want to use you out, or give you chance to advance.
Overall an awesome company to work for.
Teller (Former Employee), Lowell, MAJune 30, 2012
Pros: good hours, good people
I was in a co-operative learning program with my high school and I worked full time every other week with Eastern Bank. Very pleasurable work, co-workers, management, etc.

About Eastern Bank

Eastern Bank wants to help you count your clams. The holding company owns Eastern Bank, which operates approximately 100 branch – Read more