Eastern Bank Employee Reviews

Great organization
Fraud Investigator (Current Employee) –  Lynn, MAMay 23, 2017
I have had a good experience there. I am struggling with some recent organizational changes and current leadership. Interpersonal relationships can make or break an employee's experience.
quick paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lynn, MAMay 5, 2017
For the most part in customer service you are on the phones dealing with questions about people's account information. While watching the call times as well. Anything that has to do with the customer's accounts you would assist the customer's needs. After so many calls its good to have an few seconds to breath.
Pros
free food here and there
Cons
management could be better of some
Eastern Bank is good company to work for.
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 24, 2017
As a tester my main responsibility is to provide testing update to my lead . I was involve in writing test cases, get reviewed test cases my test lead and provide testing result.
Unknown
Senior Loan Servicing Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 16, 2017
Unfortunately the bank I worked for was acquired and they laid-off over 150 employees. With low severance packages and they way they reported to the IRS was not correct. They reported it as a BONUS so it was subject to over 40% tax. Also additional tax for unearned income. Only received 1/3 of the total offered.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Ruthless
Good Bank
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAApril 14, 2017
5 Great Years- Time for work life balance! Looking to reduce drive time ( currently 3 + hours/day) Target local community banks. As a Branch Manager, I thoroughly enjoyed working with my Team to provide outstanding service & strive for outstanding achievement across all sales, service & operational metrics.
Pros
Cons
Commute
Just hope you have a good manager
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  UndisclosedMarch 22, 2017
Management can be great or it can be cruel depends on who you have. I am surprised at who are at management level to be quite honest. My previous manager was amazing! I always felt appreciated and that I was going to grow however my current manager is the complete opposite! If you like being talked down to and treated badly then this is the place for you! A lot of sales pressure as well! Only thing keeping me here is I receive great benefits. Health, 401k, pension, vacation, tuition reimbursement etc
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Too much sales pressure, horrible management at times
Good, dependable financial institution.
Operations Officer (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MAMarch 20, 2017
Working here could be very enjoyable or very frustrating; depending on which department I was working with. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the departments that were about teamwork and getting the job done. The hardest part of the job was working with the department that was all about cliques and keeping work related information within those cliques.
Great place to start or end a career, with good work-life balance, but it's mostly about the people who work towards a common goal everyday
Eastern Insurance - Commercial Insurance (Current Employee) –  Headquarters, Natick MAMarch 19, 2017
There is room for advancement if you are proactive, look for opportunities and advocate for yourself. From entry level admin. as for example, a receptionist position, to advancement to other depts., or a lateral move from one department to another, there are chances to grow and learn. EIG sends many of their employees to classes for various work related subjects. Management is very supportive and do listen to suggestions. Training did have some gaps, but EIG is moving forward with training tools as well as new technology. Pensions? YES!!
How many employers offer those in this day and age???
Pros
Many different types of people, different backgrounds work well together. Very LBTG friendly. Compassionate and passionate people.
Cons
Training in some dept. inadequate. IT dept had deficiencies in the past, but on the right track
Really think about
Undisclosed (Current Employee) –  UndisclosedMarch 8, 2017
The company is great but the supervisors lack a lot of knowledge about there job. The training program is terrible and they expect you to perform. One of the worst training programs I have ever seen. Computer systems are out dated. Too.
Pros
Location compensation great ppl among your team
Cons
Training management promotion with in
Good work place for people with children
Sales and Service Associate (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 19, 2017
Eastern Bank is great if you have a family life because no bank is open very late. Management are accommodating for mothers. I, however, am younger and do not have children so that does not benefit me much. Small community so the environment becomes gossipy and unprofessional after a while.
Pros
good hours
Great work environment, awesome staff and plenty of opportunities
Teller Manager (Current Employee) –  Lynn, MANovember 16, 2016
The job culture is great and so is all my co workers. There is plenty of room for advancement and opportunities and management encourage it.
On the Job Learning Experience
Facilities Specialist (Former Employee) –  Regions One & Four (The South Shore)August 27, 2016
My typical day of which, there were none. I would work from my home, which was in the center of the hub, of the buildings and properties that I was responsible for.
I used my problem solving skills on a daily basis to either do repairs, myself or call in a contractor or vendor as need be.

I learned from my former supervisor, that I could not do all the work myself. I would need to prioritize my time, so that I would not get bogged down.

The hardest part of the job: getting quotes approved to get the work done.

The most enjoyable part of the job: working with people who like to see a project through to completion. Also, being part of the team when the job is completed and the satisfaction of seeing it done!
Pros
Quarter Centry Club was very nice! (I was employed over 25 years to be inducted.)
Cons
Health care plans left a lot to be desired.
The place you enjoy working for
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAAugust 16, 2016
Great environment to work at where everyone enjoys coming in to work. The customer service level is like no other. They treat their employees like their best assets.
Eastern Bank
Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 30, 2016
A great place to work for the management is very caring and is very helpful in advancing your career path. An if banking is the career you want it is the place you want to work for.
Solid Company
Investment Officer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 9, 2016
Overall, a solid company to work for. However, there is a lack of job advancement and general appreciation for those that are not in a sales role.
High sales oriented company
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAJune 5, 2016
As a Branch Manager my daily work consisted of achieving high sales and service goals of a retail banking branch. Very sales oriented company.
great training
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAMay 3, 2016
This was a good stepping stone to enter the banking field. The training was good and always available. Management was also always available
Pros
training
Cons
hours
very good place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 3, 2016
good place to work with very good people
excellent benefits and very flexible hours
ranked number one in banking industry
a mutually owned bank
Great business to work for, but no room for growth
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 25, 2016
Great company to work for with a great benefits package. Eastern Bank has so much involvement in the community which is what I truly love about the company. At Eastern Bank I control the operations of the Manchester branch. Vault, ATM, Coin machine, and complete cash controls of the whole branch. I am the direct supervisor of four employees when it comes to procedures behind the teller line. I review any new account documentation that comes into the Manchester branch to ensure the proper documentation is collect and correctly put in the system. I have learned how to multi-task and be able to supervise which helping customers at the same time. I love being able to help my customers and co-workers on a day to day basis. I have been in the banking industry for 6 years, so I am ready to take my bachelors degree from Southern New Hampshire University along with my extensive background and further my career in an analyst position.
Pros
Great compensation plan
Cons
No room for growth
awesome
Teller (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAApril 7, 2016
Love working for eastern bank it is a really good company to work for, All the locations are amazing. Best bank to work for

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eastern Bank. Our community is ready to answer.