Eastern Bank

Eastern Bank Employer Reviews

fun work place and a lot of room for advancement
CSA (Former Employee), Westford MaFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: lots of fun and advancement
Cons: not enough easternbank locations
I have had a great experience working for Eastern Bank. For the past three years I have gone from knowing nothing to learning so much here and have been determined to keep moving up as much as possible. I have worked with very nice and fun people who have really helped me along the way.
Workforce and Customers
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Malden, MAFebruary 9, 2015
I think Eastern Bank is doing a great job at diversifying their workforce. In addition, I think Eastern Bank, in comparison to its competitors, offers the best customer service.
Great company to work for
Call Center Generalist (Current Employee), Lynn, MADecember 26, 2014
Eastern Bank is a great company to work for because there is a sense of community. There is always a lot of support and opportunity for growth.
Commercial Line vs Loan Production Group
Loan Production Administrative (Contract) (Current Employee), Lynn, MASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: generous, managers will treat employees a free lunch in once a while
Cons: i am a temp working there, i am not sure about the employees' health care bennefits.
Excellent customers services, managers, co-workers and employees are nice respectfully. I think I enjoy working for Eastern Bank, and I hope to get a chance working for a permanent position there.
Overall great company
ACCOUNT REP. UNIVERSAL (Former Employee), Cambridge, MASeptember 20, 2014
• Prepares and processes loan applications for various lending units (mortgage, consumer, small business, etc.)
• Open deposit accounts.
• Closes loans for customers for applicable business lines (i.e. consumer lending)
• Proactively reaches out, by phone and in person, to high-value customers in efforts to retain and grow the portfolio.
• Handles daily account maintenance and other service issues as necessary
• Makes referrals to other bank business lines and third party partners
great company to work for
senior teller (Current Employee), Saugus, MAJuly 16, 2014
eastern bank is great company and they really care their customers. the management and the co-workers are great. I enjoy going to work every day.
Assistant Branch Manager
Assistant Bank Manager (Current Employee), East Boston, MAMay 6, 2014
•Under the direction of the branch manager, assists with the daily management of a banking office (generally with under $100 million in deposits)
•Responsible for achievement of personal sales goals, and proactively guiding the sales activities of the platform staff toward achievement of branch goals
•Through tested techniques, engage in sales and service coaching sessions with sales staff
•Responsible for daily branch operations to include overdraft management, vault management, branch schedules, the opening and closing of the office, and other such duties
•Responsible for branch's adherence to audit/compliance requirements
•Manages customer service levels within the branch, adhering to established guidelines
•Consistently applies Human Resource policy for routine aspects of management, and as performance issues arise
•May prepare and deliver performance appraisals for subordinates as directed by Branch Manager
•Expected to have/gain full understanding of the teller function
Worked with great staff and motivation very good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Saugus, MAMarch 14, 2014
Pros: free gym, sometimes lunch for the branch
Cons: half hour lunches when often working 10 hour shifts
I would come into work and sometimes not have anyplace to sit at a desk to wait on customers. Which made it difficult to have the customer time I needed to reach goals due to the fact that I had no place to wait on them. I learned how to give great customer service, I loved waiting on them when I had a chance. The management would often be competitive to get most of the accounts and loan applications and often was not available to get approvals on certain management issues. The hardest part of the job was getting to use a free desk to wait on customers. The most enjoyable part was being able to help a customer that was having any problems with accounts/loans. I got great self enjoyment out of customers calling on me at times because they knew me and my capabilities and personal attention to their needs.
Fun job
Regional Service Associate (Former Employee), Reading, MANovember 14, 2013
Eastern Bank gives you a lot of opportunity to advance and will believe in you until you make them think otherwise. They hire amazing people and give you the best training.
Great Company to work for
Teller (Current Employee), Lynn, MAOctober 29, 2013
I've been working for Eastern Bank for 3 years and everyday is a fun and challanging. I learned so much about banking regulation and policy. The employees are professionals, knowledegable and really helpfull.
I also get to know a lot of people, everyday customer, different personalities.
All in all, if you're looking for a homy comapny to work for with the opportunity to grow... Eastern Bank may be a good choice for you.
eastern bank
Bank Teller/Sales (Former Employee), Peabody, MAOctober 8, 2013
Pros: great work enviroment friendly wonderful customers
I love Eastern Bank; Great team environment working together on contest for Sales incentives. Managers are very talented and work very hard networking. Teller managers work extremely hard and have a lot of responsibility . Tellers work hard and only a few full time. The majority of tellers are now a combination customer service and teller called csa's and most are a part time position. The job has many perks.
NO T SO GOOD
Proof & Transit/Loan Clerk/Supervisor (Former Employee), Lynn, MASeptember 3, 2013
Pros: hours
Cons: management
Too much pressure benefits weren't great but it's been a long time since I have left and things may have change. Some of the management was terrible but things do change in time.
Hardest part
Teller Representative (Former Employee), Saugus, MAAugust 20, 2013
Difficult customers who give you a hard time about showing their ID, but once you get over that hump, it's a great place to work, and even better to form relationships with.
Hectic and fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lynn, MAAugust 5, 2013
Answer calls from customer with prompt friendly service.
How banking works and how the government plays a big roll in banking.
The management is great.
Lots of friendly people to work with. Always there to help.
Answering an angry customer's questions in a friendly and polite manor.
Solving a customer's problem and making them happy.
Great Benefits
Senior Teller (Current Employee), Newton, MAMay 27, 2013
Pros: great employee benefits!
Good Company, great benefits! Love that is family-oriented.
Small Yet Huge Company!
Customer Service Associate I (Current Employee), Wilmington, MAMay 14, 2013
Pros: slower technology than other banks
Cons: hours
As a customer service associate I am able to work on the teller side of banking services as well as open accounts and any type of maintenance,

June 18, 2013

I personally hate the CSA role. It leaves my particular branch understaffed and employees confused as to where they belong.."am I a teller today? Or I'm I on customer service?" Whoever invented this job was clearly only looking at the bottom line!!

Small company with good values
Teller Manager (Former Employee), Lynn, MAMarch 12, 2013
Enjoyed working for a small company. Advancement happened quickly if you did the job right. Hours were good. Could get training/information easily.
Productive work place
Collections Processor, Consumer Lending Division (Former Employee), Lynn, MAFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: great benefits
A very professional atmosfere. i learned a lot everyone was very helpful. Management is on point. Co-workers work in a team. the hardest part of the job is to be very detail oriented. the most enjoyable part of the job was the honor to work for a very sucessful company.
overall a great work place
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Saugus, MAJanuary 4, 2013
I learned a lot from Easternbank and i enjoy my co-workers aswell as my managers. We are very busy but always seem to have fun and take care of our customers.
Awsome Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Peabody, MADecember 14, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Great company to work for. Good benefits, room for advancement.

About Eastern Bank

Our history goes back almost 200 years. We are the largest and oldest mutual bank in the country. We offer banking, investments – Read more