Eastern Connecticut Health Network

Eastern Connecticut Health Network Employee Reviews

High stress enviroment
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTApril 10, 2017
Last two years the worst place I have worked in. OR managers are incompetent, level of stress is high resulting in conflicts with staff. Most of the experienced nurses have left. No salary increase in years. Very negative work enviroment!
Pros
Some co-workers
Cons
Managment
No job security.
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Multiple LocationsMarch 19, 2017
Worked here for more than 20 years. Almost no raises, no money match for several years, decreased all non-patient care position hours which significantly reduced pension/social security/retirement incomes. Stress level high. Used to be a wonderful place to work.
Pros
Good medical benefits, vacation time.
Cons
High stress environment, constantly being asked to do more for same pay, seldom got raises or money match.
Great Community Hospital
HR Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTSeptember 26, 2016
Great community hospital feel.

The people are kind and the benefits are good if you like a good work/life balance.

Is being acquired by a for profit company.
Pros
Well priced benefits and a lot of Paid Leave time
Cons
Short staffed
Run fast
Manchester Hospital (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTAugust 26, 2016
I worked here for a few weeks and it was the worst environment I have ever been in. My "co workers" were mean and rude to from the start. They lied to my manager to get me fired for stupid stuff that never happened. The whole company offers the high school clicks, if you are not a back stabber you will not fit in. They will use everything they got to get you out. Patient access has hired someone new every month for the past year- there is a reason for that. The management has the same history. RUN- don't work here! Trust!
Pros
Heath care
Cons
No salary increase do not motivate people to stay on the job
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Vernon Rockville, CTJuly 30, 2016
No raise since I started there in 2012. It was non profit then and it is now being taken over by big business. It is not as well though of by the community than it was in the past since its formal inception with ECHN.
Pros
nice people to work with
Cons
no monetary increases
Excellent Co-workers
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tolland, CTMay 30, 2016
Management and coworkers make the work experience. The pending purchase of the corporation makes for uneasiness within the workforce.
work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ellington, CTAugust 10, 2015
i like working here. and i learned a lot here, i like the job, and the people. i like learning all the things that the job has to offer
Fun work place with supportive staff
APRN (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTJuly 27, 2015
Job has become more numbers based and focused on work RVUs. They do not monetarily support their staff appropriately. However, I am able to practice with a lot of independence and autonomy however an MD is hardly ever in the office for support.
Pros
Friendly, fun coworkers, ability to practice with great autonomy.
Cons
No 401k match, no raises whatsoever
Worst Medical Imaging Department to work for!
Medical Imaging (Former Employee) –  Manchester and Rockville HospitalAugust 13, 2014
Many hours of work, including different shifts, weekends, holidays and lots of call! Schedule will be changed without consultation. Spending time with your family is minimal!
They don't care about how tired you get or he quality of images, they want you to work as fast as you can to get as many patients done as possible.
They don't train employees properly, they just throw you in and say do it. Or, they will have you watch briefly, then tell you to do it. Very little explanation is given.
The worst thing in the Medical Imaging Department at ECHN is the management and co-workers! The managers have their "favorite" employees. Rules do not apply to everyone, especially if you're a favorite or if an employee has a parent that is a manager in another department. Co-workers (and management) are whispering, gossiping, lying, backstabbers. Management has very poor communication skills! They purposely get rid of the people they don't like (even if they were the best employees) and they do it with any means possible. They give promotions to the people with the least experience and without proper certification (again, mommy is in charge of another department).
In the amount of time I was there, the turn over rate was very high! Unfortunately, the best employees leave! I've seen so many people come and go, and the biggest reason was management.
Management only listens to their "favorite" employees. I have to say, I was one of them at one time. I felt what they did was wrong! Everyone should be treated equally. I believe HR has a lot to do with how things are run as well.
  more... If an employee had an issue, they wouldn't listen to anything the employee had to say. But, somehow, managers always found out if someone went above their heads with a complaint or an issue. Nothing is kept confidential.

The Medical Imaging department includes: X-Ray, Cat Scan, Ultrasound, MRI, Mammography and Nuclear Medicine. There are 2 managers that work together, 1 at Manchester and 1 at Rockville. There is one director for both facilities. He doesn't do anything to help with employees and how things are run. It is just so poorly run.

The best part of working in Medical Imaging at ECHN was working with the Radiologists and working with so many wonderful patients. I would have left sooner, but I really enjoyed the doctors, patients and a handful of co-workers. It is a good place for experience, but do not waste your efforts and energy on staying here too long! Just stay long enough to get experience and move on! I wish I did, then I would not have missed out on so much family time.

Hopefully things change when Yale takes over, they really need new management in Medical Imaging and new HR reps.
Pros
The Radiologists, patients and a handful of co-workers.
Cons
Management and majority of co-workers.
ECHN provided me an excellent learning experience.
Externship (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTFebruary 3, 2014
My externship at ECHN was fantastic. All of the staff members were welcoming and helpful to me during my externship. I was allowed to utilize the skills I learned at school and I was introduced with respectful guidance to the hands on application of medical billing. I was very comfortable during my stay and left with much confidence in my abilities.
Good Benefits
Human Resources Analyst (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTFebruary 15, 2013
Company provides good benefits, especially vacation time and low cost medical benefits.
ECHN is a family unite
Distribution Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTNovember 14, 2012
I enjoy the people I come in contact with every single day. Working at MMH has been a learning experince for me over the past 25 plus years. Majority of my team has been with me for over 10 plus years. The hardest part of my job is trouble shooting the different personalities within my departments. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping my team to become successful and watching the team grow. My day begins acknowledge everyone with a smiie and saying good morning. I receive a report from my supervisor on whats going on that day whether the OR schedule has added on cases, important packages will be deliver by priority mail or patient has special needs and if there concerns with backorders. We at ECHN practice our core values teamwork, respect, caring and comminucation.
Pros
echn is caring environment not just for patients but for all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eastern Connecticut Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8