Eastern Connecticut State University Employee Reviews

amazing co-workers, generally fast paced work environment
Student Worker-Registrar's Office (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTMay 24, 2017
Loved working there as a student worker!
I loved all my co-workers and it was a nice job to have a student worker, easy to balance the job and school work
Awesome place to work!
Graduate Intern, Assistant Hall Director (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTMay 23, 2017
I always feel comfortable at Eastern and it feels like family. They are accommodating and motivate you every step of the way to be your best self. Going to school and working here has been a dream.
Meeting new people and new things
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Willimantic, CTMay 20, 2017
At school I am a student ambassador in the Pride Center. I have met and learned so many new things about the LGBTQ community that I believe helped me grow into a better person than I was before.
Pros
Free food, computer access, my co-workers, fleible hour
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTMay 9, 2017
Help residents with any issues that they have

Keep residents updated about activities around school

Fix problems that may happen in the dorm

Did different paper work that my boss assigned
Great college position
University Relations Writer (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTMay 3, 2017
I worked here while attending school. Gave me great real life work experience and provided plenty of opportunity to fine tune my writing skills. Great people.
average
Assistant Professor, Full time (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTApril 17, 2017
The place would not be the best if you care about quality teaching and research they do not support quality teaching, they are bankrupt and will go far and beyond to keep their students
Productive and professional admosphere
Employer Relations Internship (Current Employee) –  Willimantic, CTApril 6, 2017
Working for ECSU has been a professional stepping stone. Here you get the opportunity to meet and connect with many departments and staff. Eastern is a community that makes you feel at home. Staff and students will make you feel welcomed.
Fast paced and upbeat atmosphere
Delinquent Accounts/Revenue Intercept Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTApril 3, 2017
Worked cohesively with team members to effectively and efficiently work with students and parents regarding financial matters.
Financial holds preventing students the ability to register was always difficult.

Seeing students meet their payment agreement obligation always brought a sense of satisfaction both to myself and the student.

Enjoyed the educational setting and witnessing students grow to be young contributing members of society.
Pros
Positive atmosphere
Cons
Changes in political climate affecting education and job stability
ECSU Student Employment
Assistant Cashier (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTMarch 12, 2017
The staff at ECSU ensures that the students who are working in their offices are getting a good work experience while at the university, helps to ensure you are doing well in your classes, advises you on life decisions and will always be there to support you and give you references in the future. This is not even in their job description- especially in the billing office or financial aid- but that's just how amazing their employees are.
Pros
Amazing employees, good work life balance
Cons
The higher ups- such as heads of departments-undervalue their employees.
One of the best undergraduate institutions to attend
Student (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTFebruary 5, 2017
Eastern provided me all the tools necessary to become a successful adult capable of furthering my education. The professors were my inspiration to continue learning science and have shaped me into the person I am today.
Janitorial Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutJanuary 31, 2017
Very good university and a good place to work.i learn all my experience in this job in janitorial maintenance it was the best job I had I wish I still work there I miss that job a lot.
Great environment to work
Resident Assistant, Housing and Residential Life (Current Employee) –  Willimantic, CTDecember 30, 2016
Manage two University residence hall floors of 52 ethnically diverse undergraduate students
Counsel students on various personal and academic issues
Maintain all bulletin boards and fliers with accurate, up to-date, and useful information
Enforce University and Residence Life rules and regulations resulting in a safe, orderly and enjoyable living environment
Professional Workplace for Striving Professionals
Assistant Producer (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTAugust 16, 2016
Working with a small group of students, I was first thrown into my internship turned position at the school during my junior year of college. Everyone involved in the EasternTV Broadcast Crew strived to do the best that they could for every production no matter the sport or outcome. Arriving an hour early was common in order to set up all necessary equipment we used, such as mounted cameras, JVC's, audio equipment, and our graphics tri-caster. I was in charge of filming and editing highlight tapes for each game, depending on the quality of the game. This means i was in charge of picking shots to film, filming said event for the duration of the game, and then returning to the editing lab to complete the highlights and upload them to our home website for viewing to the public.
Pros
Hands on experience, great bonding with other students
Cons
Not enough workers, Busy schedule/multiple
Extremely helpful faculty and staff
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Willimantic, CTJune 20, 2016
The professors at Eastern Connecticut want their students to succeed. They go out of their way to make your college experience worthwhile and prepare you for the real world or graduate school following graduation.
Resident Assistant
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTFebruary 1, 2016
This job helped me build skills that I never thought I was capable of. While in this position it gave me confidence in my abilities and I will always be thankful for the opportunity to work as an RA.
Short lived, but very fun position
Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTOctober 19, 2015
As a research scientist for the EES department, my typical day was to go out and take structural measurements and samples of rock outcrops. I learned a great deal about metamorphic geology and the tools and methods used to interpret structural data. My manager was an ECSU Professor, who showed me the ropes and was extremely helpful when it came to interpreting data that I had collected. The best part of this job was getting to work independently out in the field for 90% of the project, and getting to present my research at a conference at ECSU. The hardest part of the job was the physical demands of hiking through thick underbrush all day during the summer, while being stung by hornets and eaten by mosquitoes.
Pros
independence, being paid to learn, develop strong relationships with Professors
Cons
Short employment period (3- 4 months)
Excellent learning environment
Counseling Intern (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTJuly 17, 2015
Staff is wonderful and is always available for supervision. Very passionate about helping clients with various mental and developmental struggles. Amazing learning environment for interns.
Excellent place to work!
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTMay 31, 2015
Really supportive staffs and supervisors. Open door policy across campus and easy to communicate with people. Was the most valuable work experience I have had to date in my life.
Fun and productive workplace
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Willimantic, CTMay 22, 2015
My bosses were very kind and offered any help I need after school is done such as networks and refrence letters. Great co workers and kept busy all the times
Pros
Polite atmosphere
Cons
non
Productive day in the President's Office
Office assistant (Current Employee) –  Willimantic, CTMarch 27, 2015
A typical day at work consider making sure the president of the university attends all her meetings on time, make sure the office is organized by filing paperwork. There is a lot of phone answering and making reservations as well. I have become a team player with my co-workers on making sure everything is ran smoothly each day in the work place. The most enjoyable thing I do enjoy with this job is seeing a smile on my boss face dailiy and told how great and a hard worker I am.
Pros
its on campus where I go to school at
Cons
student worker job ( minimum hours ) & no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eastern Connecticut State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4