Eastern Connecticut State University

Eastern Connecticut State University Employer Reviews

Good School
Volunteer (Former Employee), Willimantic, CTJune 10, 2014
The school offers a lot to people who are looking to be involved with their community.
Great experience with eager players!
Head Women's Field Hockey Coach (Former Employee), Willimantic, CTMay 14, 2014
Great experience in its inaugural year. The support and coaches were very welcoming. This small college was a pleasure to work for which made recruiting easier.
Wonderful Place to Work
Color Commentator (Current Employee), Willimantic, CTMay 5, 2014
This is a truly wonderful place to work, the people are friendly and ever so helpful. I could not imagine a better place to work.
Social Work & Guidance Counselor Intern St Paul's Episcopal Church, Willimantic, CT
Student Worker (Former Employee), Women's CenterApril 6, 2014
▪ Promoted individual programming and behavior modification for adults who are challenged behaviorally and emotionally

▪ Used clinical skills to draw conclusions from all the testing and evaluation tools

▪ Wrote 25-page data analysis report, based on focus group findings
Great People to work with
Support Staff Trainee (Current Employee), Willimantic, CTMarch 6, 2014
Typical state run facility. Great people to work with though
An amazing working environment. Encourages you to be creative and innovative.
Programming Coordinator, Intercultural Center (Current Employee), Willimantic, CTNovember 21, 2013
A typical day at work consists of sitting down with staff members and brainstorming ideas. We also find creative ways to promote and execute quality diverse programming for Eastern Connecticut State University.

I've learned that there is a great need for intercultural centers on diverse college campuses to help raise cultural awareness.

My supervisor – more... puts full trust in me when it comes to programming ideas, dealing with budgets, as well as suggestions on new hires.

The most challenging part of the job is coming up with new and innovative programs for the student body. With this job you must be flexible, while being assertive when dealing with different styles of programming.

The best part of this job is the feeling you have when underrepresented students tell you that your program has helped make them feel noticed on Eastern's campus. – less
Great College Job
Writing Associate (Former Employee), Willimantic, CTOctober 27, 2013
Pros: flexible
Cons: part time
• Assist students to develop writing and editing skills by critiquing and analyzing work for content and grammar
• Managed writing labs on campus.
• Worked as in in-class aid to writing professors for freshman writing classes.
• Maintain office hours to meet students individually and in groups.
The Math department was small, so my professors knew me by name.
Full Time College Student (Former Employee), Willimantic, CTAugust 8, 2013
Pros: small school
Cons: limited degree programs
I formed a study group that would meet for an hour or two before class to go over material from the previous class & homework.
awesome environment
Residence Hall Director (Current Employee), Willimantic, CTJuly 6, 2013
There is a great vibe at Eastern, very comfortable work environment. .
workplace
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee), Willimantic, CTApril 16, 2013
A typical day at work is busy, a lot of phone calls, filing papers, and completing projects for my boss. I learned how to communicate a lot better with people. The job isn't hard at all, as long as you know what you're doing.
A beneficial job to carry as a student , great learning experience
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Willimantic, CTSeptember 11, 2012
Being a student of the University and working for the housing department was an extremely beneficial position. It allowed me to take on further responsibility and taught me how to balance all aspects of life ( personal, professional,& academic). It prepared me for what job/career paths maybe like after college. It was a learning and most of all growing – more... experience. Many if not all aspects I encountered within the position of Resident Assistant are still very relevant and have helped in other work experiences I have had. – less
Hard work pays off.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Willimantic, CTAugust 13, 2012
Best experience of my life was being a resident assistant helping others.
Secure
Architectural Drafter II (Former Employee), Willimantic, CTMay 21, 2012
Gave me everything I needed to further my career
...
...
....
Easy group to work for
Student worker, Math & Computer Science Department (Former Employee), Willimantic, CTMay 19, 2012
This was a studet job, and I could work around my class schedule. A great place to get experience.
productive
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Willimantic, CTMarch 21, 2012
Face to face contact with residents/students of Eastern Connecticut State University.
Great learning environment to grow and nurture analytically thinking
Office of Alumni Affairs, Gelsi- Young (Current Employee), Willimantic, CTMarch 19, 2012
Eastern Connecticut State University is one of 4 state universities in the Connecticut State University System. Working at Eastern has been a great privileged. It has helped me foster analytically thinking and grow as a person, I am a better worker, and person today because of the many great experiences I have had while working here.