Eastern Connecticut State University Employee Reviews in United States

Resident Assistant
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTFebruary 1, 2016
This job helped me build skills that I never thought I was capable of. While in this position it gave me confidence in my abilities and I will always be thankful for the opportunity to work as an RA.
Short lived, but very fun position
Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTOctober 19, 2015
As a research scientist for the EES department, my typical day was to go out and take structural measurements and samples of rock outcrops. I learned a great deal about metamorphic geology and the tools and methods used to interpret structural data. My manager was an ECSU Professor, who showed me the ropes and was extremely helpful when it came to interpreting data that I had collected. The best part of this job was getting to work independently out in the field for 90% of the project, and getting to present my research at a conference at ECSU. The hardest part of the job was the physical demands of hiking through thick underbrush all day during the summer, while being stung by hornets and eaten by mosquitoes.
Pros
independence, being paid to learn, develop strong relationships with Professors
Cons
Short employment period (3- 4 months)
Excellent learning environment
Counseling Intern (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTJuly 17, 2015
Staff is wonderful and is always available for supervision. Very passionate about helping clients with various mental and developmental struggles. Amazing learning environment for interns.
Excellent place to work!
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTMay 31, 2015
Really supportive staffs and supervisors. Open door policy across campus and easy to communicate with people. Was the most valuable work experience I have had to date in my life.
Fun and productive workplace
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Willimantic, CTMay 22, 2015
My bosses were very kind and offered any help I need after school is done such as networks and refrence letters. Great co workers and kept busy all the times
Pros
Polite atmosphere
Cons
non
Productive day in the President's Office
Office assistant (Current Employee) –  Willimantic, CTMarch 27, 2015
A typical day at work consider making sure the president of the university attends all her meetings on time, make sure the office is organized by filing paperwork. There is a lot of phone answering and making reservations as well. I have become a team player with my co-workers on making sure everything is ran smoothly each day in the work place. The most enjoyable thing I do enjoy with this job is seeing a smile on my boss face dailiy and told how great and a hard worker I am.
Pros
its on campus where I go to school at
Cons
student worker job ( minimum hours ) & no benefits
good and easy job
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTMarch 24, 2015
typical day- working outside making sure environment is clean
management- fun and easy to get along with
co-workers- friendly
hardest part- working in the cold
easiest- just showing up to work
A great place to work and learn
ITS Help Desk Worker (Current Employee) –  Willimantic, CTNovember 6, 2014
I enjoy my job not only because it's in my field of study, but because I've learned just as much from working as I have from my classes.

I work with great people who are more than happy to teach you how to do something. It's a very friendly environment.
Pros
amazing co-workers
Cons
student employee limitations
A sociable position. Always interacting with the residents
Office Assistant in Niejadlick Hall (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTOctober 22, 2014
Duties included supporting residence hall management activities - designing bulletin boards, creating and posting communications to residents, and handling resident’s package deliveries and pick-ups
Great start before heading into the real world
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTJune 15, 2014
Great experience and compensation, mostly in benefits and perks.
Good School
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTJune 10, 2014
The school offers a lot to people who are looking to be involved with their community.
Great experience with eager players!
Head Women's Field Hockey Coach (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTMay 14, 2014
Great experience in its inaugural year. The support and coaches were very welcoming. This small college was a pleasure to work for which made recruiting easier.
Wonderful Place to Work
Color Commentator (Current Employee) –  Willimantic, CTMay 5, 2014
This is a truly wonderful place to work, the people are friendly and ever so helpful. I could not imagine a better place to work.
Social Work & Guidance Counselor Intern St Paul's Episcopal Church, Willimantic, CT
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Women's CenterApril 6, 2014
▪ Promoted individual programming and behavior modification for adults who are challenged behaviorally and emotionally

▪ Used clinical skills to draw conclusions from all the testing and evaluation tools

▪ Wrote 25-page data analysis report, based on focus group findings
Great People to work with
Support Staff Trainee (Current Employee) –  Willimantic, CTMarch 6, 2014
Typical state run facility. Great people to work with though
An amazing working environment. Encourages you to be creative and innovative.
Programming Coordinator, Intercultural Center (Current Employee) –  Willimantic, CTNovember 21, 2013
A typical day at work consists of sitting down with staff members and brainstorming ideas. We also find creative ways to promote and execute quality diverse programming for Eastern Connecticut State University.

I've learned that there is a great need for intercultural centers on diverse college campuses to help raise cultural awareness.

My supervisor puts full trust in me when it comes to programming ideas, dealing with budgets, as well as suggestions on new hires.

The most challenging part of the job is coming up with new and innovative programs for the student body. With this job you must be flexible, while being assertive when dealing with different styles of programming.

The best part of this job is the feeling you have when underrepresented students tell you that your program has helped make them feel noticed on Eastern's campus.
Great College Job
Writing Associate (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTOctober 27, 2013
• Assist students to develop writing and editing skills by critiquing and analyzing work for content and grammar
• Managed writing labs on campus.
• Worked as in in-class aid to writing professors for freshman writing classes.
• Maintain office hours to meet students individually and in groups.
Pros
flexible
Cons
part time
The Math department was small, so my professors knew me by name.
Full Time College Student (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTAugust 8, 2013
I formed a study group that would meet for an hour or two before class to go over material from the previous class & homework.
Pros
small school
Cons
limited degree programs
awesome environment
Residence Hall Director (Current Employee) –  Willimantic, CTJuly 6, 2013
There is a great vibe at Eastern, very comfortable work environment. .
workplace
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Willimantic, CTApril 16, 2013
A typical day at work is busy, a lot of phone calls, filing papers, and completing projects for my boss. I learned how to communicate a lot better with people. The job isn't hard at all, as long as you know what you're doing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eastern Connecticut State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5