EASTERN DENTAL Employee Reviews in United States

great work atmosphere
dental assistant (Former Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 15, 2015
great work place to learn and advance in all fields of dental assisting excellent experience and stepping stone in all phases of dentistry along with working with a variety of doctors and co-workers.
Pros
great benefits
Not the job for me
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Union, NJSeptember 17, 2015
I am a big believer of "love your work place" so you can be happy and do a good job,
I honestly found the receptionist job isn't right for me
Get your experience and go
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Union, NJSeptember 9, 2015
Over worked and underpaid. Sucky benefits. They don't want people working there, they want robots. Run around working your hardest and it's still not appreciated. No matter how fast you are, you're still not fast enough. Some of the staff are so unprofessional. I've NEVER worked with a bunch of adults who talk about their coworkers in such negative manners. Its crazy because the boss being the main one. How do you disrespect your employees, call them names and belittle them amongst other staff? Not cool!! The use of profane language at an all high....of course not in front of patients but still, amongst other staff.Then right as that staff member is walking pass....talking about them. Ridiclious. I work in exams, and they usually finish a hour early everyday, leaving the remaining time for hygiene, so I don't even see 40hrs. Which I wasn't informed of during my interview. A few minutes early some days, is what I was told. Big difference from hours a week. I was suppose to start at one pay rate, got first check, it wasn't what was discussed. Was told it would change, still hasn't. Point is, no growth in this company, no respect in this company. I've been an assistant for years. An exceptional one at that. I go over and beyond to please my patients and employers. It should be reciprocated. Employers need to understand, if you treat your team well, they will always have employees who don't mind going the extra mile, staying late, doing overtime, training people, etc. whatever. Treat you employees right and they will make sure your business stays good. Period.
Great job for a multi tasker that likes to be busy!!!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  LawrencevilleJuly 22, 2015
If you like to keep busy and can multi task this is a great place to work. You are in a fast paced environment that challenges you on a daily basis. It is a great place if you are eager and willing to learn new things and branch out into new areas of the dental world! They provide training in areas of dental and medical billing, dental assisting, sterilization and reception skills. They offer paid time vacation that increases the longer you work there and as a longevity bonus you get your birthday as a paid holiday! I get off on my birthday every year no questions asked!!! If you work hard and can give exceptional customer service when people are not so nice to you, (because let's face it, who really likes going to the dentist?) you can go far and earn a good hourly wage. It is fast paced and stressful, you can get burnt out quickly if you are not able to multi task like crazy!!!
Pros
Great paid time off.
Cons
Expensive benefits, high stress
For the most part I enjoyed working there
File Clerk/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJJune 19, 2015
A fast paced job at times. Liked for the most part my co workers. Management at that time was ok. I learned that people can be mean. If you asked a coworker for help most would help. Hardest part of job was getting your direct co worker to help you and the enjoyable part was the down time because it was a fast paced office
Bad Management
Traveling Surgery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eastern DentalMay 8, 2015
Office was ran like a factory very bad management and no time spent with patients doctors in and out. I want an office wher eI work that you get to know the patient not treat the patient like a number.
they will burn you out
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Northfield, NJFebruary 25, 2015
The pay is ok, if you don't mind being expected to see 23 patients a day. There is very little concern for quality and treating the patients properly. There are benefits and paid sick days, you will need them to work here. Felt like my hands were going to fall off by the end of every day.
Pros
decent compensation and benefits, some stability
Cons
expected to see 23 patients a day.
Very well organized company
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Union, NJSeptember 20, 2014
For the past 2 and a half years, this has been my second home. The atmosphere is loving and friendly. My management and co-workers are the best. The company in a whole is very productive.
Dental Assistant
Dental Assistant/ Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Union, NJJanuary 27, 2014
Overall Job was ok. Hectic environment. Staff was very nice. harderst part of the job was the schedule.
Horrible Employer
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJJune 18, 2013
Not a friendly office. Very low pay for ALOT of work. It is NOT a team oriented office.
Pros
good plsce to get experience, then leave once you get it.
Cons
poor management, never get a break, very un-professional office
Horrible place, not quality care, poor treatment planning, no job security
Dentist (Former Employee) –  Various centersOctober 22, 2012
Entry level which is ok to get experience out of school or residency. Leave before you burn out or get fired.
Pros
you get an assistant.
Cons
production work. not quality oriented. low pay.
entry level
Billing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJJune 15, 2012
I worked very hard at my job. I learned alot from my district manager.
Not the greatest place to work.
Dimensional Management (Current Employee) –  Avenel, NJApril 28, 2012
Work environment is like a factory. The dentist I work with is extraction happy and doesn't like to save teeth. Also what he decides is final and doesn't really care about what other dentists say. The equipment is fair and they don't order supplies that we want that are needed for the job. It's a fair job to take.
Not a fun work environment. Management is terrible.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJMarch 11, 2012
I would consider it a place to work if you desperately need to have a job. Otherwise, I would not recommend this employer to anyone.

2.5