EASTERN FLORIDA STATE COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Good workplace
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Cocoa, FLMarch 2, 2017
I used to think that teaching would be a dream come true but it is not worthy to work as Adjunct when you do not have any benefits at all
Pros
Environment
Cons
No Benefits
Very fulfilling job, but tenured professors serve as roadblocks to advancement
Adjunct Instructor of Speech (Current Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLDecember 28, 2016
I have worked for over six years at the Palm Bay campus, which, regrettably, is a long drive from my home. Despite this, I love the job itself, & the feeling of achievement when my students & former students send me messages about how they used their newly-acquired skills. Due to distance though, I am not as much a part of the "workplace culture/hierarchy," & this has made me worry that despite my qualifications, I might be passed over for someone who is tenured & has waited long enough to justify having their "turn." I'm a big believer in vetting, assessing, & retaining teachers based on their compatibility with the teaching philosophy of this institution, & I see the same structure here that I see in most other schools. Promotions are mainly based on longevity, not ability.
Pros
Great working environment, accessible lunchroom, adequate parking
Cons
Healthcare, hiring/promoting opportunities
Good College
Student (Former Employee) –  Cocoa, FLDecember 5, 2016
Lots of helpful people and great teachers. There is help everywhere you look and they really try to help you afford whatever you choose.
Great school
Student (Current Employee) –  Cocoa, FLNovember 9, 2016
I enjoyed my time in class at Eastern Florida State College. I had excellent instructors. I also enjoyed sharing life lessons with classmates, both younger and older.
Great Team work within our department and campus wide.
Admin. Support Specialist, Office of the Provost (Current Employee) –  Cocoa, FLNovember 6, 2016
Accessibility to all departments. I have had great success in communication on the campus I work on and have had great experiences getting things accomplished college wide.
Learning and proceedings as a math tutor
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLJuly 9, 2016
I work on the afternoon, I will have at least one student to tutor every day. At first, I don't really aiming to be a teacher; however, after i become a math tutor, I want to be a math teacher. I'm happy to see my students' succeed with their math course. The other math tutors are friendly and we like to solve and share information about math.
Pros
Scholarship
Cons
No pay
Great people to work with
Adjunt Instructor, Technical (Current Employee) –  Cocoa, Palmbay campusJuly 8, 2016
Adjunct, Vocational - Adjunct Instructor presenting certified training in soldering, circuit board repair, and inspection. Excellent environment, culture, and staff to work with.
Great workplace
College wide Printing and Graphics Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cocoa, FLJune 10, 2016
Awesome work experience, flexible hours and polite employees.
Learned many different aspects of printing and design. The tasks were enjoyable and fairly easy to learn.
Getting promoted is like cracking Morse Code here
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cocoa, FLDecember 15, 2015
When I worked here, you had to know someone in order to get promoted or move to another position...very "clicky". Having Friday off is a plus, but the wages are so low you almost have to have a second job.
Pros
Friday off
Cons
No chance for advancement
Not the best place to work. Not enough work hours. Team work is limited.Not a desirable place.
Give great customer service as a team member (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 9, 2015
Greeting customers as well as cashiering.
Down-stacking pallets and replenish shelves.
Pulling items forward on shelves to create an easier shopping experience.
Excellent employer
Part time adjunct - parent educator (Current Employee) –  Cocoa, FLJuly 5, 2015
EFSC is a wonderful company for which to work. As a part time employee, their needs fit my schedule perfectly. The employer did all they could to help me be successful.
Flexible and Fun working environment
Student Aid (Former Employee) –  Cocoa, Florida, 32926June 30, 2015
It was a great experience working somewhere where my responsibilities varied and it worked directly with my school schedule.
Testing Specialist (Pool) (Current Employee) –  Cocoa, FLAugust 25, 2014
The college is a wonderful place to work. Get to meet people from all walks of life.
Pros
Cons
Seasonal
Very few perks!
Learning Lab Specialist ESL Tutor (Former Employee) –  Pam Bay Campus, Palm Bay, FLJuly 8, 2014
I was hired as a ESL Specialist tutor but we were expected to do many other jobs because we were constantly short handed.My job was greatly expanded beyond the job description. The department was friendly and my co-workers were very professional except that management was too close to some of the student workers. This made the job difficult as you were not free to express pros or cons with confidence. My job was very enjoyable and I loved working with the students, one-on-one.
Pros
Professional working staff.
Cons
Pay scale was so low and did not reflect the competency of our staff.
its a quiet envirment to work in.
Accounting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cocoa, FloridaMay 14, 2014
A typical day would start at 8AM with a cup of tea and reviewing emails. During the day I would answer any payroll questions, process payroll bi-weekly and reconcile all payroll deduction insurances. Everyone is friendly to work with. The hardest part of the job would have to be learning how to reconcile the health insurance bills and the most enjoyable part was when I accomplished this task.
Pros
health benifits
Getting Better
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Cocoa, FLMarch 10, 2014
Place is growing at a good pace. Coworkers are great and care a great deal.
Great Friendly Environment
International Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cocoa, FLMarch 4, 2014
Students are some of the best customers, and the college work environment is tranquil and easy-going.
Pros
Fridays off
Cons
not enough room for growth
Productive and relaxing environment with amazing workers.
Communications Representative (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLNovember 4, 2013
Working at Eastern Florida State College was amazing. Everyone in communication office where I worked were all kind and very intelligent workers. They all taught me everything I now know when working in a demanding and fast pase office. I loved coming into work every morning and being greeted by warm smiles from everyone working in the office.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EASTERN FLORIDA STATE COLLEGE. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2