Eastern Gateway Community College Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace
Preschool Workstudy (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHMay 5, 2017
The EGCC preschool was a great job to have, except it is only available through work study. As a result you may only work there until you earned a certain amount. This leads to no job security for the workers there. If the job was through hire then it would be a 9/10 workplace environment. As someone who has bills, making $200 a month through work study is not reasonable.
Pros
Work with amazing children!
Cons
No job security, limited money available to earn
Wonderful director and faculty
Adjunct Clinical Instructor for Pediatrics (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OhioApril 26, 2017
This program is very organized and methodical. Students are respectful and knowledgeable.The Director schedules classroom, pre and post conference, and clinical experiences for all students.
It was pro bono work
CDA (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHDecember 20, 2016
We helped patients who had little to no income. Lots of people n need came in and a dentist and staff worked the day for free. I loved doing what I could for those who can not support themselves. It was great to give back.
Pros
Warmed my heart
Cons
It was on a weekend
Great school to attend
Student Therapist (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHDecember 16, 2016
The time I spent there was great. As an older student they made it very easy to get through the education process. Provided hands on training and supplied anyone with counseling and/or student body help.
Very unprofessional and prejudice environment.
Admissions Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHMay 26, 2016
It's so much that I could say about EGCC, but I'd be hear all day and it would only seem as though I'm bashing the company for personal reason, which wouldn't be the case. Eastern Gateway Community College can definitely show much more concern for its students. Management is very condescending and there has even been times where intimidation has been used. My job wasn't excessively demanding, but the company culture made it a very unbearable place to work.
Pros
I had my own office with a door.
Cons
Direct deposit malfunctions. Racism. Lack of team atmosphere.
strong faculty of management support
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHApril 11, 2016
Strong management support of faculty efforts. Faculty is very supportive of each other and work in a team effort environment
Pros
Strong management support of faculty
Wish everywhere was like this
Adjunct Instructor ­ Mathematics (Current Employee) –  Steubenville, OHJanuary 21, 2016
Relaxed atmosphere with a lot of positive reinforcement. Faculty members are very friendly. Lead by example, and the positive mindset is very contagious.
Worked with college students who needed help in math.
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHAugust 11, 2015
This job was throughout the 2011-2012 school year. I would go to a community college down the street from the University I graduated from in between my classes for about two hours three times a week. I would tutor students who struggled in math courses. Some days there would be a lot of kids that needed help, while other days none would need help at all.
Admissions Department at EGCC
Admissions Advisor / Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OhioJune 18, 2015
The Admissions Department works closely as a team. The staff is educated, knowledgeable, helpful and professional. New students applying at EGCC are assisted through the admissions process and guided through registration. Staff works together to ensure that students and the public are informed about the benefits of attending Eastern Gateway Community College.
Great Leanring Environment and very laid back
Part-Time/ Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Stuebenville, OHMay 26, 2015
I handled the IT Help Desk for a lot of the day to day problems (i.e. Passwords, email..etc), I also provided support for larger projects such as lab computer upgrades and VLAN support.
temporary job
Receptionist (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHDecember 29, 2014
I work temporary for a secretary that was working on another project. Worked with very helpful people. I pulled student files for the guidance counselor's to go over classes with students. Worked a few days a week. Made reservations for the dean of that department for events that were planned, or functions that she needed to attend. Update spreadsheets that were needed. Filed student charts that graduated.
Pros
worked a few days a week with really great people
Cons
Knew it was temporary
College Instructor
PART TIME BACKGROUND (Current Employee) –  Steubenville, OhioJuly 8, 2014
I taught a UFO and a Cryptozoology Class on a part0time bases. I hade 15 to 20 students in the class and the class was free of charge
The hardest part of the job was setting up the classes and the most enjoyable was teaching the classes.
Pros
Teaching something that I like
Great Students
Instructor Psychology (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJune 7, 2014
Great students and growing company. Great administrators that care about students and adjuncts.
Teaching
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Steubenville, OHAugust 26, 2013
Teaching Administrative Assistant Classes like advanced word, word, powerpoint,keyboarding 1 & 2.
The college is a very healthy environment and I enjoyed working there very much.
Instructor for Continuing Education (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHApril 30, 2012
I love teaching and my co-workers were great. I learned that anyone can go to college and learn. This job was very stimulating. I love to help people and especially through the ABLE Program.
Pros
i loved my boss.
Cons
it was not full time.