Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center

Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Poor working environment
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDNovember 9, 2015
I cannot say anything too negative about the hospital as a whole, other than it has a very bad reputation in the community and patient satisfaction scores are consistently low. As far as the department I worked in, it was about as bad as anyone can imagine. I was asked by superiors on multiple occasions to work for free, lie on patient charts, and forge medical documents (time -out sheets). Also, radiation exposure concern does not exist -for patients or co-workers. Addressing my concerns with HR accomplished nothing.
Benefits
Cons
Very unethical
Medical/Surgical/Orthopedics/Bariatrics
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDApril 8, 2015
What a great place with opportunities abounding for learning. Staff was always great at teaching. Management was very appropriate and scheduling was usually appropriate. Annual wage increase as criteria are met was fair. Floating during low census was nice and made for less "on-call" days. Continuing education provided and supported for advancement in career. Resources many for providing care for patients. More staff especially at night would have been very helpful as well as adequate number of assistive personnel such as CNA's to help with ADL's.
Pros
Good scheduling, adequate wages, opportunities for learning.
Cons
Inadequate staff if acuity high.
Fun atmosphere
Physical Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDNovember 22, 2015
Each patient would receive ice or heat before their stretches. Some patients required e-stem or theraputic ultrasound in which i was trained to do. I made thermoplastic splints for patients and cleaned wounds. I enjoyed my coworkers. The hardest part of the job was being on my feet all day (i was pregnant). The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to be inventive and creative with different splints i could come up with.
Pros
THE FUN ATMOSPHERE
Cons
I MOVED
A chance to learn and advance
Receptionist, Clerk and Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDSeptember 19, 2014
As a receptionist I answered calls to Health Information Management from patients asking how to get a copy of their records, from providers wishing to gain the records and from doctors who would be coming in to sign records. I copied records, faxed records and assembled records whenever it was needed. I was trained by coworkers in coding and have coded outpatient records. It was my job to look for discrepencies and when found I needed to approach doctors to verify them if it affected the coding and if it was a correction in a note I would tag it so it could be placed in the doctors pile of records.
Pros
a chance to advance to what i saw as the highest level and benefits!
Cons
short lunches and vacations were asked frequently to just make up the hours on different shifts.
truth be told..
sonographer (Former Employee) –  Idaho fallsNovember 27, 2012
this is not a "great place to work".. not unless you have absolutely nothing else better to do - but work, and go to the church.

Typical day at work: Lots of patients, very family oriented,not enough staff to cover.

Management: What management?

Your co-workers: okay, EIRMC has been here for over 30 years. And the only staff they've been able to retain are students from out of ultrasound school. The longest staff member was here for about 2 years.

Hardest part of the job: The call. You're up all night, and you still have to work a 10-12 hour shift and "smile".

Most enjoyable part of the job: going home.

And of course, this is the 3rd time i'm sending in a review, and Indeed probably won't post it, because it's the truth.
Pros
lots of working hours
Cons
no work/life balance, up all night on call for ultrasounds.
translator
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDDecember 6, 2015
was given the opportunity to learn my medical terminology in both english and spanish, translating and interpreting was amazing its where i started my interest in the medical field
Very busy 7 on 7 off scheule
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJuly 19, 2012
A typical day included seeing mundane to extremely complex conditions and diagnosis
What I learned was to be detailed oriented, keep the patient safe and to rely on the other hospital personnel in order to keep pt safe.
Management. The direct management team was very good to work with
I had excellent coworkers
The hardest part of my Job was coming back after 7 days off
The most enjobable part of my job was the complexity of patients that I was able to treat.
Pros
complex and challenging patients
Cons
long work weeks and hard to come back to work after 7 days off.
Great place to work for and the environment is refreshing.
CNA/Monitor Tech/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Intensive Care UnitJuly 20, 2012
I have worked for EIRMC for a little over five years now and have had the ability to grow in my skills. Started as a CNA on the Cardiac Care unit and was offered to take a position as a Unit Secretary/Monitor Tech took my BLS class and did that for six months before i took a position in the Intensive Care Unit and have been there for almost eight months now and love it. I am currently a Monitor Tech/Unit Secretary/CNA my job is very demanding and keeps me busy. A typical day for me is reading strips, answering phones, putting in doctors orders and watching the monitors all at the same time. I also do a lot of tasks in between like stamping nurses notes, running QC's on the glucose machines, making sure things are stocked, double checking labs, checking the log book, stuffing charts, and doing floor stock for the fridge ext. for the patients. The people i work with are wonderful and are always willing to answer any questions i have. Looking forward to having other great opportunities.
Pros
the benefits are great.
Cons
working nights have made it very hard to have any kind of social life.
Great experience provided
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJanuary 24, 2013
Facility was a great place to experience trauma surgeries. If an individual put themselves out there, opportunities open up. Experienced a wide array of surgeries that challenged my skills and thought process to accommodate the surgeon and patients.
The management is something to be desired. It is a for profit hospital which should tell you that it is about the almighty dollar and less about the health and happiness of staff taking care of patients.
worst working enviornment
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDFebruary 13, 2015
one of the worst work environments I have ever worked in. They refuse to hire enough people to complete the work, they do not resolve issues but rather let them fester and cause moral to drop, told that you are insignificant and do a terrible job, your co workers will go behind your back and make things about about you in order to try and get ahead. If you want to become burnt out and completely unmotivated then this is the place for you.
Cons
co workers, managment, work load, no team work
Lots of opportunity to pick up extra shifts
Psychiatric Technician (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDOctober 8, 2014
You can work lots of extra shifts but it can be a really stressful job. The insurance benefits are pretty good, but the pay is not great to live on.
Pros
free meals, lots of opportunity for extra shifts and overtime
Cons
very stressful
A place were I was proud to work!!
Projects Crew (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDFebruary 19, 2013
On a typical day at work i would clean 16 to 22 rooms a night. i enjoyed working nights as the staff was really easy to get along with. And there was less people to deal with which allowed me to be very productive. When i started working here the crew i was on had a poor reputation of doing just enough to get by, at first I didn't enjoy going to work. I worked very hard to lead by example and always had a positive attitude no matter how over whelming the task i got along great with all the supervisors and managers and gained the respect of all the staff. I enjoyed going to work and I know I made a difference. I left to further my education.
Pros
had continued training programs and great insurance.
Cons
opertunities to advance where limited.
Overall nice place to work.
On-Site Maintenance Team Member (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJune 1, 2012
Good people. EIRMC is located in SE Idaho, so the region (and consequently the hospital) is dominated by LDS politics. I don't believe the hospital is too progressive, but there are some great MD's and Surgeons there. If your living in Idaho Falls and work in the medical field- I say it's not too bad.
great place to work
Access Center Coordinator (Current Employee) –  EIRMC Idaho FallsNovember 3, 2014
love my job and looked forward to going to work every day. Great Benefits, coworkers and working conditions were always great
Pros
free flu shot
Utilization review at EIRMC in my area has changed, I felt more like a bill collector than a case manager for the pt
RN Case Manager / Utilization Reviewer (Former Employee) –  I worked in Case Management Department at EIRMCJune 22, 2014
Very busy - identifying patients as having commercial insurance on admission and following them through discharge. Keeping the insurance company updated on the discharge plan and expected length of stay and any needs they will have time of discharge. UR requires a team approach and your co-workers are a very important part of that team. The hardest part is trying to keep up on all the requests from insurance companies and getting them to authorize days in a more timely manner so that you can meet the expectations of your Director and Supervisor . I would like to be able to interact with the patient instead of just reviewing his records. It feels good if you get everything authorized for patient that have been in the hospital for a long time and you know that they are getting the care they need and have a discharge plan in place that will provide for a safe environment when they go home.
great place to be employed
Director of Cardiology (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IdahoAugust 20, 2012
I was the Cardiology manager for the medical center and enjoyed the helping of staff become more effective at their positions. The greatest learned item was having humility for staff positions delivery of their respective modalities, excellent staff since I hired them, eliminating a position due to attrition or poor work ethics, most enjoyable part of my position was being able to spend time as a manager in each of the different areas I was responsible for and having a positive outcome on the employees positions.
Pros
liked managing people
Cons
deletion of an employee due to poor work issues
Work hard and make a difference
Cook-Helper (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMay 12, 2014
work hard at something that really makes a difference in peoples' lives and is fun
Great
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMarch 13, 2015
Absolutely loved the CEO, such a genuine person and it shows throughout the hospital. Staff was great to work with, everyone wants to help.
Some of my duties include but are not limited to:
Manager (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMarch 4, 2013
Leadership for 26 employees. While here I have trained team to be proficient in a Level III NICU and have started training for our newly opened PICU. Responsible for policy, procedures, protocol implementation and current Respiratory Evidence Based Medicine. Part of the Code Blue committee, Policy committee, Supplies, and Chair for the Mountain Division Respiratory group.
Pros
enjoy the team i work with
Cons
on call 24/7
EIRMC is an energized, fast paced place to work.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDNovember 1, 2012
EIRMC is an state of the art regional medical center. It was exciting to associate with patients from all over the world, as we often treated travelers taking advantage of the region's "Great Outdoors".
Pros
good continuing education
Cons
heavy patient loads

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center Reviews by Job Title