Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center

Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

good place
Full-Time CNA/ Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDOctober 17, 2017
loved all the people who I worked with and for, amazing people. I loved the vastly different cultures I was experienced to by the travel nurses, staff, and patients.
Pros
Reduced Lunches, Good Pay, Great co workers
Cons
Long shifts
Less than ideal
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJuly 27, 2017
I worked here for a very very short time and all I saw was a toxic work environment and greedy coworkers. Could not stay there any longer and had to quit.
Great Staff Dynamic
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJune 12, 2017
I enjoyed my time on the surgical/orthopedic floor. I learned a lot and enjoyed the team dynamic. Everyone I worked with was willing to teach me and answer my questions. The CNAs were amazing and extremely helpful.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Short breaks
A place that I always learn something new every time I am there
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDMay 26, 2017
-Care for patients that have acute illness
-Assist patients in daily activities
-Handle medications to nursing tasks
-Assist physicians in performing procedures
-Every day I learn a new illness, symptoms, treatment, etc.
-It is a team work environment where I work closely with other medical staffs (nurses, CNA, physicians, physical therapist, respiratory therapies, housekeeping, etc.)
-Most enjoyable part of my job is to be involve in helping other get back to the best potential that they can be.
Pros
save lives
Cons
I feel this has a good balance
Assistant Supervisor in housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMay 13, 2017
As long as you do your work and keep up on the education everything is good. Things can get stressful at times but that is with anything. I am excited and privilege to be part of this team.
Pros
Benifits, paid time off, flexibility
Large Hospital for Area
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMay 13, 2017
Area hospital with many services. It is part of HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) Employees are friendly and try to provide good patient experiences.
As a previous employee, I would never take a loved one here.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDApril 29, 2017
Overall, EIRMC is an outdated facility that has smart employees who simply don't have the resources to perform their jobs safely and competently. The facility is dirty, uses an archaic documentation system, and significantly struggles with recruiting and retaining productive leaders (management, administration) who promote a safety culture.

The units are disorganized, wasteful of supplies, unsafe in how they store products, filthy; short-staffed with mandatory extra shifts. The infection control issues in this hospital reach astronomical numbers.

Policies and procedures that are there to keep everyone safe are never followed appropriately and there is an attitude that this is sufficient. Employees tend to perform only the bare minimum interventions/tasks that are needed immediately to get through their shifts because the time, supplies, staff, and any other resources needed to actually take care of patients do not exist in this facility.

Patients suffer and end up with more problems than they came in with as a result of poor leadership, disorganization and limited resources.
Pros
Smart employees who want to do their best
Cons
Thinking about ever stepping foot in there again induces nausea
Fun working in the office with co-workers and my supervisor.
HIM Receptionist, HIM clerk and Medical Coder I (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDApril 24, 2017
I was able to gain friendship with my supervisor and due my working abilities I was trained as a medical coder by my manager and a co-worker. When I needed to make changes in my schedule, whether it be a temporary change or a permanent change, my supervisor was willing to make it possible.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Short lunches
Nice facility
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  IdahoFebruary 16, 2017
It is a very nice facility and the co workers are kind, very helpful, and easy to work with. The benefits are great and the environment is good. There are plenty of resources as well.
Great surgeons
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJanuary 22, 2017
Fun place to work. High stress at times. Clinical staff is great to work with. Lots of interaction with surrounding medical facilities. Great surgeons.
Great Training Office
Certified Nursing Assistant Internship (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDOctober 27, 2016
EIRMC is a great hospital. I learned a lot while doing my internship there with them. The staff was courteous and helpful in accomplishing my training.
No loyalty to employees
Nutrition services (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDOctober 21, 2016
Lots of Drama and back stabbing manager always buisy doing thing in other departments Too many brown nosers the rules are for different people for different reasons never any praise the managers play favorites and nothing gets done about complaints lots of stress . Not a great place to work
Pros
Good pay and good Vacation pay
Cons
Drama no loyalty favorites and no praise
great work place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMay 3, 2016
I enjoyed working at EIRMC and miss all the kind staff. Must be able to work in fast-paced environment but the great staff I worked with was always willing to help out.
translator
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDDecember 6, 2015
was given the opportunity to learn my medical terminology in both english and spanish, translating and interpreting was amazing its where i started my interest in the medical field
Fun atmosphere
Physical Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDNovember 22, 2015
Each patient would receive ice or heat before their stretches. Some patients required e-stem or theraputic ultrasound in which i was trained to do. I made thermoplastic splints for patients and cleaned wounds. I enjoyed my coworkers. The hardest part of the job was being on my feet all day (i was pregnant). The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to be inventive and creative with different splints i could come up with.
Pros
The fun atmosphere
Cons
I moved
Poor working environment
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDNovember 9, 2015
I cannot say anything too negative about the hospital as a whole, other than it has a very bad reputation in the community and patient satisfaction scores are consistently low. As far as the department I worked in, it was about as bad as anyone can imagine. I was asked by superiors on multiple occasions to work for free, lie on patient charts, and forge medical documents (time -out sheets). Also, radiation exposure concern does not exist -for patients or co-workers. Addressing my concerns with HR accomplished nothing.
Benefits
Cons
Very unethical
Medical/Surgical/Orthopedics/Bariatrics
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDApril 8, 2015
What a great place with opportunities abounding for learning. Staff was always great at teaching. Management was very appropriate and scheduling was usually appropriate. Annual wage increase as criteria are met was fair. Floating during low census was nice and made for less "on-call" days. Continuing education provided and supported for advancement in career. Resources many for providing care for patients. More staff especially at night would have been very helpful as well as adequate number of assistive personnel such as CNA's to help with ADL's.
Pros
Good scheduling, adequate wages, opportunities for learning.
Cons
Inadequate staff if acuity high.
Great
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMarch 13, 2015
Absolutely loved the CEO, such a genuine person and it shows throughout the hospital. Staff was great to work with, everyone wants to help.
worst working enviornment
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDFebruary 13, 2015
one of the worst work environments I have ever worked in. They refuse to hire enough people to complete the work, they do not resolve issues but rather let them fester and cause moral to drop, told that you are insignificant and do a terrible job, your co workers will go behind your back and make things about about you in order to try and get ahead. If you want to become burnt out and completely unmotivated then this is the place for you.
Cons
co workers, managment, work load, no team work
great place to work
Access Center Coordinator (Current Employee) –  EIRMC Idaho FallsNovember 3, 2014
love my job and looked forward to going to work every day. Great Benefits, coworkers and working conditions were always great
Pros
Free Flu shot
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location