Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center

Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Nice facility
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  IdahoFebruary 16, 2017
It is a very nice facility and the co workers are kind, very helpful, and easy to work with. The benefits are great and the environment is good. There are plenty of resources as well.
Great Training Office
Certified Nursing Assistant Internship (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDOctober 27, 2016
EIRMC is a great hospital. I learned a lot while doing my internship there with them. The staff was courteous and helpful in accomplishing my training.
No loyalty to employees
Nutrition services (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDOctober 21, 2016
Lots of Drama and back stabbing manager always buisy doing thing in other departments Too many brown nosers the rules are for different people for different reasons never any praise the managers play favorites and nothing gets done about complaints lots of stress . Not a great place to work
Pros
Good pay and good Vacation pay
Cons
Drama no loyalty favorites and no praise
great work place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMay 3, 2016
I enjoyed working at EIRMC and miss all the kind staff. Must be able to work in fast-paced environment but the great staff I worked with was always willing to help out.
translator
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDDecember 6, 2015
was given the opportunity to learn my medical terminology in both english and spanish, translating and interpreting was amazing its where i started my interest in the medical field
Fun atmosphere
Physical Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDNovember 22, 2015
Each patient would receive ice or heat before their stretches. Some patients required e-stem or theraputic ultrasound in which i was trained to do. I made thermoplastic splints for patients and cleaned wounds. I enjoyed my coworkers. The hardest part of the job was being on my feet all day (i was pregnant). The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to be inventive and creative with different splints i could come up with.
Pros
THE FUN ATMOSPHERE
Cons
I MOVED
Poor working environment
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDNovember 9, 2015
I cannot say anything too negative about the hospital as a whole, other than it has a very bad reputation in the community and patient satisfaction scores are consistently low. As far as the department I worked in, it was about as bad as anyone can imagine. I was asked by superiors on multiple occasions to work for free, lie on patient charts, and forge medical documents (time -out sheets). Also, radiation exposure concern does not exist -for patients or co-workers. Addressing my concerns with HR accomplished nothing.
Benefits
Cons
Very unethical
Medical/Surgical/Orthopedics/Bariatrics
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDApril 8, 2015
What a great place with opportunities abounding for learning. Staff was always great at teaching. Management was very appropriate and scheduling was usually appropriate. Annual wage increase as criteria are met was fair. Floating during low census was nice and made for less "on-call" days. Continuing education provided and supported for advancement in career. Resources many for providing care for patients. More staff especially at night would have been very helpful as well as adequate number of assistive personnel such as CNA's to help with ADL's.
Pros
Good scheduling, adequate wages, opportunities for learning.
Cons
Inadequate staff if acuity high.
Great
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMarch 13, 2015
Absolutely loved the CEO, such a genuine person and it shows throughout the hospital. Staff was great to work with, everyone wants to help.
worst working enviornment
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDFebruary 13, 2015
one of the worst work environments I have ever worked in. They refuse to hire enough people to complete the work, they do not resolve issues but rather let them fester and cause moral to drop, told that you are insignificant and do a terrible job, your co workers will go behind your back and make things about about you in order to try and get ahead. If you want to become burnt out and completely unmotivated then this is the place for you.
Cons
co workers, managment, work load, no team work
great place to work
Access Center Coordinator (Current Employee) –  EIRMC Idaho FallsNovember 3, 2014
love my job and looked forward to going to work every day. Great Benefits, coworkers and working conditions were always great
Pros
Free Flu shot
Cons
Lots of opportunity to pick up extra shifts
Psychiatric Technician (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDOctober 8, 2014
You can work lots of extra shifts but it can be a really stressful job. The insurance benefits are pretty good, but the pay is not great to live on.
Pros
free meals, lots of opportunity for extra shifts and overtime
Cons
very stressful
A chance to learn and advance
Receptionist, Clerk and Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDSeptember 19, 2014
As a receptionist I answered calls to Health Information Management from patients asking how to get a copy of their records, from providers wishing to gain the records and from doctors who would be coming in to sign records. I copied records, faxed records and assembled records whenever it was needed. I was trained by coworkers in coding and have coded outpatient records. It was my job to look for discrepencies and when found I needed to approach doctors to verify them if it affected the coding and if it was a correction in a note I would tag it so it could be placed in the doctors pile of records.
Pros
A chance to advance to what I saw as the highest level and benefits!
Cons
Short lunches and vacations were asked frequently to just make up the hours on different shifts.
Utilization review at EIRMC in my area has changed, I felt more like a bill collector than a case manager for the pt
RN Case Manager / Utilization Reviewer (Former Employee) –  I worked in Case Management Department at EIRMCJune 22, 2014
Very busy - identifying patients as having commercial insurance on admission and following them through discharge. Keeping the insurance company updated on the discharge plan and expected length of stay and any needs they will have time of discharge. UR requires a team approach and your co-workers are a very important part of that team. The hardest part is trying to keep up on all the requests from insurance companies and getting them to authorize days in a more timely manner so that you can meet the expectations of your Director and Supervisor . I would like to be able to interact with the patient instead of just reviewing his records. It feels good if you get everything authorized for patient that have been in the hospital for a long time and you know that they are getting the care they need and have a discharge plan in place that will provide for a safe environment when they go home.
Fast paced. Great interaction with patients and co-workers
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMay 14, 2014
Great combination of computer/data entry work and customer face to face interaction. Exciting. Fast paced.
Work hard and make a difference
Cook-Helper (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMay 12, 2014
work hard at something that really makes a difference in peoples' lives and is fun
awesome learning experiences
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDOctober 3, 2013
Learn many new things, you work at the front desk and run papers to floors. You help patients and visitors find where they need to go, and you sometimes deliver snacks to patients. Very fulfilling feel good job :)
Some of my duties include but are not limited to:
Manager (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMarch 4, 2013
Leadership for 26 employees. While here I have trained team to be proficient in a Level III NICU and have started training for our newly opened PICU. Responsible for policy, procedures, protocol implementation and current Respiratory Evidence Based Medicine. Part of the Code Blue committee, Policy committee, Supplies, and Chair for the Mountain Division Respiratory group.
Pros
enjoy the team i work with
Cons
on call 24/7
A place were I was proud to work!!
Projects Crew (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDFebruary 19, 2013
On a typical day at work i would clean 16 to 22 rooms a night. i enjoyed working nights as the staff was really easy to get along with. And there was less people to deal with which allowed me to be very productive. When i started working here the crew i was on had a poor reputation of doing just enough to get by, at first I didn't enjoy going to work. I worked very hard to lead by example and always had a positive attitude no matter how over whelming the task i got along great with all the supervisors and managers and gained the respect of all the staff. I enjoyed going to work and I know I made a difference. I left to further my education.
Pros
had continued training programs and great insurance.
Cons
opertunities to advance where limited.
Great experience provided
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJanuary 24, 2013
Facility was a great place to experience trauma surgeries. If an individual put themselves out there, opportunities open up. Experienced a wide array of surgeries that challenged my skills and thought process to accommodate the surgeon and patients.
The management is something to be desired. It is a for profit hospital which should tell you that it is about the almighty dollar and less about the health and happiness of staff taking care of patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location