Eastern Illinois University Employee Reviews

I Love this Place
Oracle Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILApril 24, 2017
I love this place. It was a pleasure for me working there. I will recommend this company to everyone who would like to work there. I will be happy to go back there
Fun job
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 18, 2017
I enjoyed my time as a Resident Assistant. The Housing staff cares about your personal wellness and ensures you are thoroughly trained to handle situations.
Wonderful school in the midwest
Booth Library (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILApril 18, 2017
Eastern is a small, comfortable school with a lot of opportunities for students to get plugged in to their community and grow both personally and professionally.
Student Worker
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Charleston, ILApril 3, 2017
It was an on campus job. It helped students get through the college experience with an extra bit of cash in their pockets. Only meant to be temporary.
Pros
Student Meals
Cons
Underpaid and hours limited
Good job if looking for something temporary
Dishwasher/Cook (Current Employee) –  Charleston, ILMarch 23, 2017
This job has taught me many different skills such as cleaning skills, learning to be quick on my feet, and time management. Wish the pay was better but school has financial problems.
Pros
Employee meals
Cons
Minimum wage for pay
Fun and rewarding positions for on campus jobs.
Senior Prowl Leader (Current Employee) –  Charleston, ILMarch 21, 2017
A typical day of work usually includes interacting with students or new students and working with the team specific to the position. I have learned many leadership skills while working for Eastern Illinois University and the workplace culture is always diverse and uplifting.
Fun work environment, i enjoy my coworkers
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Charleston, ILMarch 20, 2017
I review scheduled events and make sure they are ready to go and schedule any that need to be. I answer phones and do weekly reports. Assist students when they come in needing help, organize file folders.
Good seasonal work
Lab Worker (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILFebruary 20, 2017
I worked here only for a winter seasonal position but it was a good introduction to the retail environment. The manager was nice and reasonable and very patient with showing me the workings of the company.
Amazing Workplace Environment
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILJanuary 24, 2017
As a student worker, it was a great time at Eastern along with my studies. The workplace was good, everyone was friendly and helpful. As a team, nothing was that hard to get done.
Pros
Free Lunch, Good Environment
Cons
Paid Parking
Great work space and plenty of ways to learn and grow.
IT Technician Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILJanuary 11, 2017
While working with the Panther card office the typical day consisted of talking to customers. I would either answer questions about panther cards on the phone or in person. I would work with the customer and if need be replace it or issue a new panther card. With the tech repair guys I would spend my days looking at repair tickets and then following one of the guys out to a job. Any employee on campus can input a need for a computer repair hardware or software.
I learned a lot about computers and how to repair them from the tech repair employees. From working with the panther card office I learned a lot about people and how to work with them. Management and coworkers at both areas where I worked was great. I could not ask for better people to work with.
Pros
Lots of time to work on homework, friendly coworkers, terrific workspace
Cons
It was a student job so there wasn't really any benefits like healthcare
it was ok
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILDecember 29, 2016
Too few hours. People where almost always calling off. ! good thing was we had meetings every month to discuss concerns and changes or to answer any questions.
college
Student Custodian (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILDecember 21, 2016
Helpful with finding jobs and matching profiles. It is a lot of office and administrator jobs available to a person who are looking for entry level positions.
office
Data Entry office aid (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILNovember 10, 2016
I complete the EIU work study program in the financial aid office. My daily responsibilities consisted of basic office work such as answering phone, helping students and data entry.
Great workplace very friendly people
Locker Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Charleston IllinoisOctober 11, 2016
A good place to work friendly people good hours to bad Springfield couldn't get a budget for public universities and higher education
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
State budget hurts has hurt public universities
Productive and fun workplace
Night Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILSeptember 20, 2016
A typical college student job.Between the hours of 12 and 4 I sat in the lobby's of numerous dormitories and alerted my supervisors and authorities of any suspicious activities.
Excellent
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charleston, ILSeptember 12, 2016
I have learned to assist faculty and students with their online classes. I assist them in working their the school's online learning management system, Desire2Learn.
An amazing opportunity
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILSeptember 12, 2016
My supervisor was so compassionate and understanding when it came to issues of work. They helped me through some very tough issues on the job. The most enjoyable part was getting to know and connect with my residents. The people I got to know through this job made it worthwhile to me.
Pros
Free housing, opens opportunities for growth.
Cons
A lot of paperwork, can be tiring.
Exciting and informative internship
Health Promotion and Education Intern (Current Employee) –  Charleston, ILJuly 19, 2016
A typical day of work consits of me coming in around 7:30 A.M and working on the weekly assignments that I am givin along with the other intern. I have briefly covered the seven areas of responsibility throughout my internship. I have also gotten use to giving speeches and presentation on health at my university. I spend most of my time blog writing and working on and composing research projects for the health director of the university.
Pros
Everyone at work is amazing. Great people.
Cons
Unpaid internship
Excellent environment to work in
Statistical Clerk (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILJuly 7, 2016
Great to work in a public university. A lot of diversity. A typical day at work consist of working with students and faculty.
Pros
University funded lunches and great people.
Cons
Im a non smoker. You have to walk in the parking lot around individuals who smoke
Great place to learn new skills
Hadoop Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 28, 2016
Great place to learn new skills and working is fun in EIU. Especially, i like the team work because each team member can contribute different ideas and opinions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eastern Illinois University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5