Eastern Illinois University

Eastern Illinois University Employer Reviews

Rigorous and fullfilling workplace.
Student Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Charleston, ILJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: free cookies and coffee
Typically I had a heavy work load. There was always multiple task for me to handle throughout the duration of my shift. There was never a dull day working here. I enjoyed helping the professors in the office with anything to make their jobs easier. Anything from making their coffee to make copies of their class assignments my work was always meaningful in some way. The things I enjoyed most was assisting the students that came into the office, scheduling appointments to see their professors, locating previous student records upon request made me feel helpful assuring the importance of my job. The hardest thing was running multiple errands around campus for the office when needed because some places were at least 15 minutes away on foot and carrying multiple supplies to the great distances was difficult and tiresome at times. I love my supervisor they were very kind and helpful and set my personal standards on how to carry myself in a professional environment and I am appreciative of that experience.
Positive work environment
Building Supervisor (Current Employee), Charleston, ILNovember 28, 2014
Supervise building activities.
Count and handle money.
Set up meeting rooms for events.
Everyone always seemed to have a positive attitude while working.
Most rewarding job
Student Grounds Worker (Former Employee), Charleston, ILNovember 24, 2014
This was the most rewarding job I ever had. Not only was I working for the university I was attending, I was contributing to the schools beauty. I worked under the head groundskeeper. We tended to garden's, fixed up areas, and overall made the campus look beautiful. The hardest part about this job was the blistering summer sun. Most days it was unbearably hot but other than that I enjoyed this job immensely. I learned a lot about the schools history, plants, and how to work independently but apart of a team.
Great Small Campus with Friendly Staff & Faculty
Instructor (Current Employee), Charleston, ILOctober 20, 2014
Pros: adaptable schedule
Cons: budget
I am a huge fan of Eastern Illinois University. However, the budget situation in Illinois is hurting our universities ability to keep staff throughout the state--it's not just an issue at EIU. I returned to EIU after working out in real world for several decades. I have worked in government, corrections, and public health agencies as well as working for several non-profit organizations that help people in many ways. EIU is a great place to work and is full of great people. However, there is a hiring freeze and the state politics make it not as pleasant as it used to be. I graduated from EIU and I sent my children there as well. There are a lot of families with the tradition of sending their families to EIU because it is a friendly and safe small school in the rural setting.
Awesome atmosphere.
Development Intern (Former Employee), Charleston, ILSeptember 16, 2014
A typical day as an intern for EIU required me to do paperwork and expand my knowledge in development for my education.
Work with other students
Student Worker (Former Employee), Charleston, ILSeptember 8, 2014
The job was okay. You work where ever you signed up. I.E. as a salad or food prep assistant, on the server line, out front or as a dishwasher.
Peer Leader
Peer Leader (Former Employee), Charleston,IlJuly 26, 2014
Peer Leader, August 2010 to August 2008: assisted incoming college students adjust to campus life by advising them on study habits, social activities and goal setting. I enjoyed my job on campus as a peer leader because I wanted to be a positive role model to someone.
Great Program
Guest Instructor (Former Employee), Charleston, ILJuly 11, 2014
No distractions- great place to go to school. The town is very close to Chicago and makes for an easy day trip.
Very laid back environment.
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Charleston, ILJune 11, 2014
Good experience working with the university. The environment in the office was very comfortable and the staff was very friendly. A good experience overall.
I really enjoy working here.
Career Specialist Assistant (Former Employee), Charleston, ILMay 30, 2014
Working with the staff and other co workers was great. Only had the job while I was in school and loved the way everyone worked together.
Fun and independent environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Charleston, ILMay 20, 2014
I worked with dedicated and enthusiastic faculty in their pursuit of research endeavors. Often I was responsible for conducting background literature searches as well as gathering raw data for analysis.
Good Job for young professionals
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Charleston, ILApril 25, 2014
I enjoyed every minute of my time here, great launching point for young professionals.
Educational
Cashier (Former Employee), Charleston, ILMarch 24, 2014
Very informative and fast paced environment for students to be able to learn in.
Productive work environment
IT Manager (Current Employee), Charleston, ILFebruary 8, 2014
work on pcs
work on wireless
work on computers
co workers are best part of job.
Short term job
Employee (Former Employee), Charleston, ILJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: work atmosphere, co-workers
Only a six month job, department I worked in asked me to work extra hours then got upset with me for working over time. People were very interested in themself and not what benefited the program.
Productive workplace
Assistant (Former Employee), Charleston, ILJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: schedules fit in between classes
Cons: n/a
While working at Eastern Illinois University i worked in the English Department in the writing center as an assistant helping sign in students who needed help with papers. While working here the staff was excellent and willing to help me to adjust to working here when i first started.
good on campus job
Assistant to the Economics Chair (Former Employee), Charleston, ILDecember 8, 2013
good part time on campus job as a student. fun work environment
Thomas Dining Center - Server, Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee), Charleston, ILDecember 7, 2013
Pros: .
Cons: .
The work Setting was relaxed. Management enforced rules but also made work fun.
Helping students in their research
Histology Technician (Former Employee), Charleston, ILOctober 6, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: depend on professor's grant money
Eastern Illinois University is a wonderful place to work. Sorry to leave this place because of budget cut in research, my Professor did not get grant for research.
Amazing Flexibility with job duties and class schedules
Student Community Service (Former Employee), Charleston, ILSeptember 9, 2013
Amazing flexibility with class schedules, a great way to show your creative ability, great way to work with other community offices and non-profits, overall great job!

1 2 3