Eastern Illinois University Employee Reviews

Associate Dir - Systems Admin and Architecture (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILOctober 18, 2017
Great place to work. Nice small school with small town atmosphere. Very student oriented. With state budget cuts it is difficult to retain talented employees.
Great place for Graduate Assistants
Graduate Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILOctober 3, 2017
I worked for EIU during multiple Graduate Assistant opportunities. I enjoyed each experience to the fullest and it enhanced my education as a student as well.
This was an intership at a college
Endowment Fund Portfolio Management - Internship (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILSeptember 19, 2017
This was fine, it was an internship at a college, not a job. great experience and i learned a lot, interesting if you are interested in the stock market.
Resident Hall Desk Assistant
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILSeptember 18, 2017
A fantastic way to spend your time. Not only do you really get to know the people living in your dorm, but you almost literally get paid to do your homework (assuming your resident hall allows for you to have a computer at your desk.) This job was a really great way to stay connected to campus and to the events happening in your hall.
Pros
Great meeting place, flexible hours
Cons
slow shifts
Director Human Resources/ADA Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILSeptember 12, 2017
Good place to work, friendly staff. Lack of state appropriations caused me to leave as there is no security in employment. No budget to effectuate change or to truly manage.
Pros
People
Cons
lack of state appropriations
fun place to work
Strength & conditioning intern (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILAugust 18, 2017
great atmosphere, great people. this place has a culture surrounding work they want to be the best and they take the steps to make this happen. I truly enjoyed being here
Pros
great team
Cons
hours
Great place to teach
FAMILY AND CONSUMER SCIENCES INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILAugust 7, 2017
Great place to teach even though salary was way too low. Charleston is a small town but is very charming. The faculty are great people. Would recommend.
Students
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILJune 21, 2017
My desire is working with students and I truly enjoyed my time being apart of EIU it really makes you feel right at home. Even through a budget Crisis EIU community is coming together.
Fun Environment
The Costume Shop (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILMay 31, 2017
it is a nice job for college students to make a little money. It shows students some responsibilities but not a job that prepares you for the world. It is a fun and creative job
Pros
On college campus
Cons
Not a lot of hours
Good
Teaching Assistant-Animal Diversity (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILMay 12, 2017
Good school to go to and get a job at. There isn't much more than the jobs to pay the bills while also going to classes. In the current state i would not get a job at eastern.
My kind of school
Professional Educator License (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILMay 10, 2017
I had to work hard in order to achieve the goals I did. Staff and professors had an open door policy. Goal setting was key. Taught me how to be a great student.
Low salary
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILApril 28, 2017
The state has not passed a budget, which has resulted in many staff layoffs. The city of Charleston has also not been managed as well as it has in the past.
I Love this Place
Oracle Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILApril 24, 2017
I love this place. It was a pleasure for me working there. I will recommend this company to everyone who would like to work there. I will be happy to go back there
Fun job
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 18, 2017
I enjoyed my time as a Resident Assistant. The Housing staff cares about your personal wellness and ensures you are thoroughly trained to handle situations.
Wonderful school in the midwest
Booth Library (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILApril 18, 2017
Eastern is a small, comfortable school with a lot of opportunities for students to get plugged in to their community and grow both personally and professionally.
Student Worker
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Charleston, ILApril 3, 2017
It was an on campus job. It helped students get through the college experience with an extra bit of cash in their pockets. Only meant to be temporary.
Pros
Student Meals
Cons
Underpaid and hours limited
Good job if looking for something temporary
Dishwasher/Cook (Current Employee) –  Charleston, ILMarch 23, 2017
This job has taught me many different skills such as cleaning skills, learning to be quick on my feet, and time management. Wish the pay was better but school has financial problems.
Pros
Employee meals
Cons
Minimum wage for pay
Fun and rewarding positions for on campus jobs.
Senior Prowl Leader (Current Employee) –  Charleston, ILMarch 21, 2017
A typical day of work usually includes interacting with students or new students and working with the team specific to the position. I have learned many leadership skills while working for Eastern Illinois University and the workplace culture is always diverse and uplifting.
Fun work environment, i enjoy my coworkers
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Charleston, ILMarch 20, 2017
I review scheduled events and make sure they are ready to go and schedule any that need to be. I answer phones and do weekly reports. Assist students when they come in needing help, organize file folders.
Good seasonal work
Lab Worker (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILFebruary 20, 2017
I worked here only for a winter seasonal position but it was a good introduction to the retail environment. The manager was nice and reasonable and very patient with showing me the workings of the company.