Eastern Illinois University

Eastern Illinois University Employer Reviews

Great Program
Guest Instructor (Former Employee), Charleston, ILJuly 11, 2014
No distractions- great place to go to school. The town is very close to Chicago and makes for an easy day trip.
Very laid back environment.
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Charleston, ILJune 11, 2014
Good experience working with the university. The environment in the office was very comfortable and the staff was very friendly. A good experience overall.
I really enjoy working here.
Career Specialist Assistant (Former Employee), Charleston, ILMay 30, 2014
Working with the staff and other co workers was great. Only had the job while I was in school and loved the way everyone worked together.
Fun and independent environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Charleston, ILMay 20, 2014
I worked with dedicated and enthusiastic faculty in their pursuit of research endeavors. Often I was responsible for conducting background literature searches as well as gathering raw data for analysis.
Good Job for young professionals
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Charleston, ILApril 25, 2014
I enjoyed every minute of my time here, great launching point for young professionals.
Educational
Cashier (Former Employee), Charleston, ILMarch 24, 2014
Very informative and fast paced environment for students to be able to learn in.
Productive work environment
IT Manager (Current Employee), Charleston, ILFebruary 8, 2014
work on pcs
work on wireless
work on computers
co workers are best part of job.
Short term job
Employee (Former Employee), Charleston, ILJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: work atmosphere, co-workers
Only a six month job, department I worked in asked me to work extra hours then got upset with me for working over time. People were very interested in themself and not what benefited the program.
Productive workplace
Assistant (Former Employee), Charleston, ILJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: schedules fit in between classes
Cons: n/a
While working at Eastern Illinois University i worked in the English Department in the writing center as an assistant helping sign in students who needed help with papers. While working here the staff was excellent and willing to help me to adjust to working here when i first started.
good on campus job
Assistant to the Economics Chair (Former Employee), Charleston, ILDecember 8, 2013
good part time on campus job as a student. fun work environment
Thomas Dining Center - Server, Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee), Charleston, ILDecember 7, 2013
Pros: .
Cons: .
The work Setting was relaxed. Management enforced rules but also made work fun.
Amazing Flexibility with job duties and class schedules
Student Community Service (Former Employee), Charleston, ILSeptember 9, 2013
Amazing flexibility with class schedules, a great way to show your creative ability, great way to work with other community offices and non-profits, overall great job!
Productive, hardworking, at times chaotic, learn an aspect of college campus one doesn't always see
Conference Services Assistant (Former Employee), Charleston, ILAugust 5, 2013
Pros: free housing, food and workout facility. capable of continuing education while working.
Cons: mandatory stay days/ weekends, gossipy co-workers
A typical day at work ranged from day to day. One day someone could be working at a desk doing simple task, another day someone could be doing laundry, making beds and moving linen across campus. Each day is a new adventure. Management for this job ranged based on what building one was in. Some were very laid back where others not so much. Co-workers – more... were the same as management, some were very reasonable where as others who had worked there for some time did not want new input into tasks and stuck to what they knew. The hardest part of the job trying to find a voice in suggesting new methods and time saving techniques. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting so many new people, from the school, but mostly everyone who came and stayed with us for their camps and tournaments. One will learn a lot working in this job; however, I learned the most that hard work, dedication and a smile on your face will get you through the day even if you do not feel you will be able to. – less
Productive, busy, and highly social workplace.
Student Worker/ Checker (Former Employee), Charleston, ILJuly 17, 2013
Pros: free lunch, being around classmates and peers, and experience working with cash.
Cons: there was not enough hours, as a student i could only work a maximum of 20 hours a week.
Productive, busy, and fun while I greet my fellow peers before hey eat. I learned very good customer service because I was the first person students saw before they paid to eat.
My coworkers were amazing, some of which I had classes with and that was probably the most enjoyable part of the job.
The hardest part of the job was probably the same as the – more... most enjoyable, working with my peers. People would try and stay and talk to me or hold conversations too long and I would have to politely remind them that I was working and cant have any possible distractions. – less
fun dance crew
EIU Dancer (Former Employee), Charleston, ILJuly 3, 2013
Pros: friendly staff, hardworking students
I was an graphic design major so I made the most out of it. I had a busier schedule but I wanted to do something fun before I left EIU. Being part of the dance company was an amazing opportunity and I learnt a lot.
word day
Night Assistant (Former Employee), Charleston, ILJune 4, 2013
Securing the perimeter of residence halls was the primary function of this position.
Fun, Easy Job to Make Money
Head Office Dining Student Manager (Former Employee), Charleston, ILMay 14, 2013
This job is great for college students looking to make some money. You can work up to 20 hours a week or as few as you would like. It lets you decide how much you want to make. The chance to move into student management is available with hard work. Working with other students you can meet a lot of really great people. A plus is you receive one free – more... meal every time you work. – less
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Charleston, ILApril 23, 2013
Working for this company was great. Employers cared for their staff and did their best to meet the needs of the staff.
Reliable workplace
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Charleston, ILApril 19, 2013
Eastern Illinois University AET was very good workplace and my supervisor was patient. It is an excellent place to learn new skills.
I obtain very useful tools from working there.
Assessment Specialist (Current Employee), Charleston, ILMarch 26, 2013
Pros: watch the sporting event close up
Cons: not enough workdays
It was interesting learning about the importance of setting up a sporting event. I was always the type of person that just showed up to play and leave. while working this job it takes a lot of planning to run a smooth event without any conflict. you have to be about to adabt to any situation without losing your manners. I really enjoyed working with – more... the collegiate level staff. I felt i gain a lot of use tips that i can use in the workforce. – less