Eastern Kentucky University Employee Reviews

Beneficial to my degree
Advertising Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, KYAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Great learning experience, good pay, good hours
Cons: Only open during the school year
Working at the Eastern Progress was a very good learning experience. I got to deal with real clients and learn more about Marketing, which was my major at the time. I love advertising so learning how to make business' advertising was extremely fun for me. The pay was decent and I loved my co workers!
productive and fun place to work with diverse population of students and staff
Assistant Track and Cross Country coach (Current Employee), Richmond, KYAugust 4, 2015
Exciting place to work. You get to experience different cultures and experiences from young students from all over the world.
Eastern
Support Service Associate. (Current Employee), Corbin, KYJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Helping students
Cons: Seeing one leave.
A typical day at work is helping students be able to get help with blackboard, appointments, greeting customers. There is something different that comes along throughout the day that you may need to learn, – more... but in this job it is usually the same routine. Management is very supportive as long as one does what is ask of them. I have some really good co-workers. The hardest part of my job is seeing student leave after they have been here four years. You are happy to see them be successful, but it is also a sad time. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping others. – less
Job
Peer Educator (Former Employee), Richmond, KYJuly 17, 2015
 Conducted programs focused on empowering students with knowledge and facts about concerning health issues.
 Provided information through educational programming, awareness events and other facets of – more... communication to
assist people in making well-informed decisions dealing with pressing issues pertaining to a healthy life style.
 Provided leadership to student organizations at Eastern Kentucky University. – less
Productive place to work
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Richmond, KYJuly 14, 2015
A typical day at work is registering people for OSHA classes, administering construction and general industry training cards, answering phones, maintaining supplies, and providing customer service.
Great professors
Student (Former Employee), Richmond, KYJune 15, 2015
This school is top notch. The professors here are very willing to work with students and encourage them to become great academics.
Excellent learning opportunity
Somerset Area Coordinator (Former Employee), Somerset, KYMay 13, 2015
Pros: Educational benefits
Cons: Distance from primary location
Coordinate and facilitate delivery of academic courses and program, assisted by one administrative assistant. Enjoyment came in working with individual students watching them grow and succeed. Most difficult part of job was distance from primary campus in Richmond and accessing additional coursework desired and requested by students and potential students.
Director of Operations
Director of Basketball Operation (Current Employee), Richmond KyMay 5, 2015
Pros: benefits, travel, working with athletes, working for alma mater
I invite you to consider my unique range of skills, experiences, education, and interest concerning this position. My years of experience within women and men’s basketball and athletics have given me – more... the necessary tools to manage, lead, and inspire those whose passion for university recreation mirror my own.

At Eastern Kentucky University I have not only obtained a great education and understanding of the sports management world, but also great experience. While attending school I have been an EKU Men’s Basketball Manager for five years. It has brought out my passion for college athletics and Eastern Kentucky University. Over those five years I have learned a lot of valuable lessons and gained a lot of experience that will better me for the future.

While also attending Eastern Kentucky University I was granted the opportunity to become a Supervisor at our campus recreation center. In which I was allowed to use my leadership skills, communication skills, and conflict resolution skills over the four years I was a part of staff.
While working with this demanding schedule between basketball and working with campus recreation I was able to achieve a Bachelor of Science with a concentration in sport management.

Since graduating from Eastern Kentucky University, I was able to become the Director of Operations for EKU Women's Basketball. The last two years I have been in charge of all budgeting, travel, and director of summer basketball camps. I have learned a lot in the two years I have been in here and think it has prepared me for a lot in just a short time. – less
Taught food and nutrition courses and advised students.
Instructor / Assistant Professor (Former Employee), Richmond, KYMay 3, 2015
Enjoyed working with students and staff. Developed teaching style and philosophy. Spent time in campus cafeterias teaching quantity food preparation to future food service managers and dietitians.
Graduate Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Richmond, KYApril 21, 2015
I really enjoyed my time at EKU and loved the open environment to learn. My time in the Writing Center as a tutor helped me to become a better teacher and my time teaching helped me to learn to be more patient and have more in-depth knowledge of English than I did as just a student.
Confidential environment
Human Resources - Office Associate (Former Employee), Richmond, KYMarch 2, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: time
A good place to work. Great benefits and friendly people. Highly confidential Human Resource information.
I maintained all files for employees.
Management was good.
The hardest part was sometimes it was hard to know what was a priority to management.
The most enjoyable part was creating my own schedule for completion or work and accomplishing goal.
A diverse educational setting, meeting the needs of each and every student.
Federal Work Study (Former Employee), Richmond, KYJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: family and cultural events, tuition free classes for self and family members, helping others.
Cons: cuts in health care, professors with tenure, increasing tuition.
At Eastern Kentucky University you can expect a warm welcome in the morning as you enter the student services building. The atmosphere is always upbeat and student focused. I learned that no one is left – more... behind at EKU, there are services for each and every student regardless of learning style, background, and or current living situations. The staff is equipped to answer your questions, never hesitating to send you to upper level management if necessary, they also offer you warm southern hospitality and encouragement to be the best "You" that you can be. The hardest part of my job was watching students struggle when it is so obvious they have the skills necessary to succeed. The most enjoyable part of working for EKU is the TEAM environment, from the executive director to the student worker everyone has something to offer the student who walks into our dept. – less
loved
Desk Worker (Current Employee), Richmond, KYJanuary 6, 2015
it was one of the most easiest/less stressful job that i've ever had. It is work study and you can only work certain number of hours per week which is the downfall. It gets stressful when a lot of people check in at one time but not bad enough to make you want to scream.
Excellent place to work
Assistant Professor (Current Employee), Richmond, KYDecember 15, 2014
Little to no micromanagement. Forward thinking leaders. Long history of support of military veterans who seek to return to school. Has a great emphasis on first time college graduates.
Sociology Instructor/Frist Year Course Instructor
First Year Course Instructor (Current Employee), Richmond, KentuckyDecember 9, 2014
The First Year Program in Eastern Kentucky University is awesome! Love to work here
Job summary
Summer Work Crew (Former Employee), Richmond, KYNovember 19, 2014
Eastern Kentucky University is a freat place for a young adult to grow, has a positve diverse and safe living and learning enviorment
Review Summary
Assistant Professor (Current Employee), Richmond, KYNovember 13, 2014
Overall good work environment. I have made many life long friends.
Great place to work!
Adjunct professor (Current Employee), Richmond, KYOctober 24, 2014
I like the atmosphere, the people I work with and the school itself overall.
Student Worker (Former Employee), Richmond, KYOctober 16, 2014
Good place to work, enables you to work and be able to study at the same time.
sfa
Tutor (Former Employee), richmond, kyOctober 7, 2014
it was great. people were great. great i cant figure out how to skip this review in order to not have to do this