Eastern Kentucky University Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace with great co-workers
Guru (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYApril 23, 2017
I love my job. I tutor kids from all walks of life and do it alongside fantastic people. My bosses are fun and helpful to all. If you're not tutoring someone, you can do homework in a productive environment. The hardest part of the job is whenever you have to deal with someone or something you're not sure how to handle, but rest assured there will always be someone who can help you. You really couldn't ask for a better place to work!
Pros
Fun people, great experience, occasional free food
Cons
No benefits (but it's a student job so you can't expect much)
Productive and fun work place with great fellow employees
Graduate Assistant for EKU's Women's Basketball (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYApril 7, 2017
I get to be involved in the sport I love every day. I have learned that to be a coach you have to have a lot of patience. Every girl on the team has a different story and you must learn how to adapt to them and figure out how to understand them. It is very important to build relationships with your athletes.
review summary
Student Outreach and Transition Office (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYApril 7, 2017
Typical day would include answering phones, helping students with scheduling of classes, and doing mail outs.

I learned how the scheduling system worked and all that has to work in order for students to succeed.

Management was fair

the workplace culture was relaxed

the hardest part was not having enough work to do.

the most enjoyable part was having some of the classes paid for.
Wonderful student worker position!
Lead Coordinator, I.T. Geeks (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYApril 6, 2017
This is a wonderful job for a tech-oriented EKU student! The hours are very flexible, and the staff are very laid back and accepting. I learned a lot about technology while working this job, and at the same time was able to help students and faculty.
i call people on the phone.
Phonathon Caller (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYApril 3, 2017
it is a very fun job but it can be very boring at times. very nice work environment. i love the people i work with. everyone is nice and chill. a great job
Graduate Assitant
Football Graduate Assistant Equipment Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYMarch 26, 2017
Graduate Assistant - football manager - worked with the players in getting their equipment, ready for practice and game day, Staff turnover each semester.
College Experience
Course Instructor for Remedial Math (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYMarch 7, 2017
Eastern Kentucky University provided me with the support and direction I needed to become the teacher that I am today.

I was placed in positions that would challenge and encourage my growth as an individual and a teacher.
Amazing~
Assistant Women's Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYMarch 3, 2017
love this schooland the city of richmond. Everything about it is first calss. The staff, the facilities the community and the students.
I enjoyed my time thee very much.
Great staff to work with when I was there
Professor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYMarch 3, 2017
The program was very supportive of families as well as students with kids while attending college. Working while in college can be very stressful but EKU makes life easier for their students while working
Good place to start a career
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYFebruary 25, 2017
This University is working to establish excellence and serve students from rural communities across Kentucky and surrounding states. Some colleges within are striving to improve but many obstacles and budget cuts across the state have limited resources.
Pros
Small town/ easy to navigate and cost of living is decent
Cons
Salaries are low and benefits reduced annually
Fun place to work
Tutor and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYFebruary 16, 2017
The hours are very compatible with being a full time students. I am constantly helping other students with all levels of math and stats throughout my typical work day. It is common to come across problems I may not know how to do but the book and coworkers are always great resources!
Pros
Advance people skills, relaxing, emjoyable
Cons
Begins at minimum wage
workplace
Adjunct faculty, health and wellness instructor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYFebruary 14, 2017
Great faculty and staff to work with. A lot of work for part time faculty but the students make it worth while. Faculty are always willing to assist you
Alright place to work
AV Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYJanuary 10, 2017
Worked here for a few years, basic duties included fixing any classroom technology related issue to make sure classes went okay without a hitch.
Excellent!
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYDecember 10, 2016
The employer is a strong advocate of the Deaf employees. The Deaf employees have many opportunities to advance in their career. A great place to work for!
Student Worker
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYDecember 10, 2016
I loved working for the Dean's Office, it truly was an amazing experience.
Everyone was amazing and always friendly, we all helped each other and together made our jobs so much fun.
Great Regional University
Director (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYNovember 17, 2016
Great Regional University located in Central Kentucky. Offering a comprehensive education with undergraduate and graduate degrees.
Productive, family atmosphere
Pool Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYOctober 8, 2016
Very busy during summer months. Had to keep water safe for people to swim in. I learned how to solve pool problems. I enjoy staying busy, the students, and the family atmosphere.
Co-Workers or Friends?
EKU GURU (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYAugust 31, 2016
The hardest part of working here, was knowing that I had to go home at the end of the day. The people and work culture are dedicated to the education and success of the students. I loved working here and with the people in my office.
Enjoyed my Job
Academic Admin, Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYAugust 31, 2016
I loved helping students.

Great co workers.

Just and overall great place to work

Most enjoyable part of the job were the people, students and faculty

The hardest part was when a Nursing student would fail out in their last semester and comforting them. Trying to give them hope and alternatives.

I learned a lot about people and I loved every minute. I made some amazing relationships in that time.
Pros
Great benefits
loved the place
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYAugust 19, 2016
Great job and I worked with great co-workers who support and help each other. You can take classes and I was able to go to school during my lunch. They support higher education.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eastern Kentucky University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3