Eastern Kentucky University Employee Reviews

Friendly staff and very easy work.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYJune 5, 2017
Very laid back work with physical demanding work at times. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Would be a great job on the side for a college student starting out.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Poor pay
No opportunities for advancement within a department
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYJune 1, 2017
Great perks, but no room for promotions within a department. You have to jump around a lot to receive a raise.

Overall I love EKU. It's like a big family. The benefits are pretty good and you get a lot of time off.
Pros
Time off, work/life balance
Cons
Salary
Great place for administrative and academic positions
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYMay 29, 2017
Facilities Services is not well managed or possessed of a professional environment. The expectations for employee performance are unrealistic and based on arbitrary, illogical assumptions linked to building square footage.
Pros
Generous paid time off.
Cons
Lack of effective leadership.
Lots of paid time off
Online Financial Aid Counselor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYMay 28, 2017
Lots of paid time off. You do have to know someone to get advancement. Benefits are ok but getting more expensive. Required to put into pension system that may not be solvent.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Hard to advance
Ok
Visiting Professor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYMay 27, 2017
Great management
Students were very respectful
Would work there again
Would recommend this place
Why do I have to fill this out
fun to work with
Wide Receiver Intern (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYMay 21, 2017
great people at eku, had fun working with people I knew. Everyone is friendly and love having new people around. they helped me get to the point i am today and am very thankful for those people.
A Place that is Growing
Professor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYMay 8, 2017
Work is rewarding. A great university to grow and make significant contributions. Great faculty and academic programs. A beautiful campus with a number of new modern buildings and residential halls.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Salary is low
Eastern Kentucky University
Construction Technician II (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYMay 7, 2017
The work is easy, the benefits are awesome, but their pay schedule is way out of date and there is no room for advancement. The department i am in is micro managed very badly.
Pros
Hours and work is very easy. Great benefits.
Cons
No room for advancement or pay increases.
Great for Students, not so much for faculty
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beckham HallMay 2, 2017
EKU is a great place for student workers, but the faculty and staff are not treated as they should be. Difficult to get promoted and get tenure. Constantly encouraged to seek additional job offers in order to get a pay raise
EKU Review
Adjunct Instructor (English) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYApril 26, 2017
I am an adjunct instructor (part-time), but EKU is a great place to work. The students who go there are friendly and good to work with. The job is rewarding, fun, and good. You make a difference in what you do there.
Pros
EKU is the best place to work
Cons
Productive and fun workplace with great co-workers
Guru (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYApril 23, 2017
I love my job. I tutor kids from all walks of life and do it alongside fantastic people. My bosses are fun and helpful to all. If you're not tutoring someone, you can do homework in a productive environment. The hardest part of the job is whenever you have to deal with someone or something you're not sure how to handle, but rest assured there will always be someone who can help you. You really couldn't ask for a better place to work!
Pros
Fun people, great experience, occasional free food
Cons
No benefits (but it's a student job so you can't expect much)
Productive and fun work place with great fellow employees
Graduate Assistant for EKU's Women's Basketball (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYApril 7, 2017
I get to be involved in the sport I love every day. I have learned that to be a coach you have to have a lot of patience. Every girl on the team has a different story and you must learn how to adapt to them and figure out how to understand them. It is very important to build relationships with your athletes.
review summary
Student Outreach and Transition Office (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYApril 7, 2017
Typical day would include answering phones, helping students with scheduling of classes, and doing mail outs.

I learned how the scheduling system worked and all that has to work in order for students to succeed.

Management was fair

the workplace culture was relaxed

the hardest part was not having enough work to do.

the most enjoyable part was having some of the classes paid for.
Wonderful student worker position!
Lead Coordinator, I.T. Geeks (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYApril 6, 2017
This is a wonderful job for a tech-oriented EKU student! The hours are very flexible, and the staff are very laid back and accepting. I learned a lot about technology while working this job, and at the same time was able to help students and faculty.
i call people on the phone.
Phonathon Caller (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYApril 3, 2017
it is a very fun job but it can be very boring at times. very nice work environment. i love the people i work with. everyone is nice and chill. a great job
Graduate Assitant
Football Graduate Assistant Equipment Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYMarch 26, 2017
Graduate Assistant - football manager - worked with the players in getting their equipment, ready for practice and game day, Staff turnover each semester.
College Experience
Course Instructor for Remedial Math (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYMarch 7, 2017
Eastern Kentucky University provided me with the support and direction I needed to become the teacher that I am today.

I was placed in positions that would challenge and encourage my growth as an individual and a teacher.
Amazing~
Assistant Women's Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYMarch 3, 2017
love this schooland the city of richmond. Everything about it is first calss. The staff, the facilities the community and the students.
I enjoyed my time thee very much.
Great staff to work with when I was there
Professor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYMarch 3, 2017
The program was very supportive of families as well as students with kids while attending college. Working while in college can be very stressful but EKU makes life easier for their students while working
Good place to start a career
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYFebruary 25, 2017
This University is working to establish excellence and serve students from rural communities across Kentucky and surrounding states. Some colleges within are striving to improve but many obstacles and budget cuts across the state have limited resources.
Pros
Small town/ easy to navigate and cost of living is decent
Cons
Salaries are low and benefits reduced annually