Eastern Kentucky University

Eastern Kentucky University Employer Reviews

Good Place To Work
Campus Book Store Clerk (Former Employee), Richmond, KYDecember 18, 2012
Pros: good people to work for.
I liked working for this Univerisity because of the nice people that you work with and around.
Great place with great people
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Richmond, KYDecember 18, 2012
EKU is wonderful - they care about you completely. Great benefits, great people, and a beautiful campus. There is so much pride here and for good reason!
EKU
Desk Worker (Former Employee), Richmond, KyOctober 23, 2012
Student desk worker: a pointless mundane task that simply needed to be filled by... someone... anyone.
Excellent public university with great employees
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), Richmond, KYOctober 18, 2012
Pros: great pay and benefits, fun coworkers, opportunity for advancement
Cons: away from home a lot
I worked at EKU from 2006 - 2011. The only reason I left was my wife was promoted out of state. I tried to make that work for a whole year because I loved my job so much. In the end, it was better for family to be home more.

The staff is top notch. The benefits are unrivaled. I would go back in a heartbeat if the opportunity presented itself.
A fun place to work with great people
Student Worker Supervisor Assistant (Current Employee), Richmond, KYOctober 15, 2012
Pros: great place to work and great environment
Cons: the pay is student worker pay.
A typical work day includes administering teacher evaluations, working with excel, and assisting professors. A big part of the job is delegating work to the other student workers.
Assisting students with various needs
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee), Corbin, KYAugust 27, 2012
Pros: enjoyable work
Cons: parttime and no benefits
• Assisted students, prospective students, parents, and professors with any questions or problems that would arise
• Drafted memos, letters, informational materials, and any other correspondence as needed
• Greeted visitors and answered telephone calls
eku
Student Affairs- Office Clerk (Former Employee), Richmond, KYAugust 23, 2012
• Hosted spotlight days for incoming freshmen
• Filed paper work
• Answered phones
• Fund raising for United Way
Great learning environment
Diversity Retention Coordinator (Former Employee), Richmond, KYAugust 10, 2012
Pros: great facilities, healthcare
Cons: short staff for students that need to be served
I learned so much while at EKU and truly value that work experience and the skills I gained.
Gear Up
Gear Up Counselor (Former Employee), Richmond, KYAugust 2, 2012
Pros: team work
Cons: participation by students, they are wired to rebel at that age though…
Helping students online think creatively and with every day issues.

I learned that students, like to rebel however, if you make it interesting they will learn some good lessons that they will need.

Management- It was a federally funded grant, the two supervisors I had were simply amazing, you could tell they had the best interest of the students at – more... hand and wanted to make it enjoyable.

Coworkers were fellow students at the time, we had a great time working with the program, it was very pleasant.

Hardest part of the job was getting the middle school students to participate, you had to do your research to make it interesting for them, while informative.

The best part was always trying to come up with something creative to help and make the students learn and participate. – less

DLeigh – September 12, 2012

Okay, I have applied to EKU's online positions multiple times and have yet to receive any indication whether they've even reviewed my application. Yet, they keep posting the same job over and over. What should I do? Resend a paper version (CV & CL) to the University?

Attending college to finish BA degree in Economics
Fulltime Student (Former Employee), Richmond, KentuckyJuly 26, 2012
Pros: geat experience
Cons: nothing significant.
Satisfying experience while completing a BA degree in Economics.
Great environment, Dream Job
Director of Women's Basketball Operations (Former Employee), Richmond, KYJuly 16, 2012
As D.O.B.O., I was Responsible for all day to day office correspondence; Typing and Filing papers, .Answering phones, Distributing Mail, Maintain and upkeep of recruiting database files for a Division1 Women’s Basketball Program. During the season I successfully coordinated arrangements for team transportation, meals, entertainment and hotels for away – more... competition. I organized and managed the team budget of over $250K, both allocating and distributing funds for equipment, supplies, marketing and community service etc. Assisted all Coaches with their day to day office duties. Pertaining to on the court work I did entry level on the floor coaching, i.e. play calling and stat keeping, foul count, and drills. I created my teams scouting reports to scout other teams for competition, as well developed and coordinated scouting film; that may include editing of game film. Successfully handled all film exchange for EKUWBB with other NCAA Teams, through the OVC (Ohio Valley Conference) website. During the season I created and implement marketing, promotional, and community service strategies for EKU and the surrounding community. I assisted with all phases of summer basketball camps; this included the design and mailing of brochures, the organization of registration, correspondence and coordination of campus resources needed for camps, as well as a camp supervisor during camp. Coordinated the team banquet at the end of the season. – less
Graduate Assistant - EKU good place to work
Graduate & Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Richmond, KYJune 3, 2012
Great place to work.
Being a Graduata Assistant, learned many different aspects
dealing with computers and people.
Great, smaller manufacturing company
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Richmond, KYMay 20, 2012
Pros: employee appreciation
Cons: smaller company
The company produces parts for Honda and Toyota. The have many new employees (associates) and are attempting to become a leading manufacturer for Honda. The gave me the opportunity to work on major projects as a intern, which has helped me develop my career quicker than most would be able to because these major projects typically are not given to interns – more... for development. – less
on campus housing, easy store accessibility, 24 hr office with net
Part time Professor (Former Employee), Richmond, KYApril 30, 2012
Pros: everything concentrated around dept offices, laid back atmosphere, cooperative
Cons: no healthcare for part time profs, low wages with master's
It was quite poorly paid but a laid back atmosphere. All of my 3 courses were taught in 1 bldg, mon, wed, and fri ams. office hrs the pms.
I, naturally insisted, in relocating from Belgium, a minimum of 2 courses. I was given 3 plus low cost on campus housing. That was essential as I'd never have been able to buy a car.
Vibrant office enviornment to handle paperwork and day to day business as Director, Exciting on the court coaching.
Director of Women's Basketball Operations (Former Employee), Richmond, KYApril 13, 2012
Pros: education embusment, athletic background loved the enviorment.
Cons: long hours, hard to balance life during competition.
As D.O.B.O., I was Responsible for all day to day office correspondence; Typing and Filing papers, .Answering phones, Distributing Mail, Maintain and upkeep of recruiting database files.
.Made all arrangements with transportation, restaurants, and hotel for away competition.
.Organized and managed team budget of over $250k allocated and distributed – more... funds.
.Organized scouting schedules.
.Assisted all coaches with their day to day office duties.
.Responsible for all film exchange, and developing scouts that may include editing of game film.
.Create and implement marketing/promotional/community service strategies for EKU and the surrounding community.
.Assisted with all phases of summer basketball camps. This included the design and mailing of brochures, the organization of registration, correspondence and coordination of campus resources needed for camps, as well as a camp supervisor during camp.
.Entry level on the floor coaching/play calling and stat keeping. – less
Wonderful campus with wonderful students.
Freshman & Developmental English Instructor (Former Employee), Richmond, KYMarch 14, 2012
Pros: they have a great writing program.
Eastern Kentucky University is a good place to start a teaching career. They have an excellent program for developmental writing students and a new writing lab facility inside the campus library. The resources they offer their students to help them succeed are modern and dependable.