Eastern Maine Healthcare Systems

Eastern Maine Healthcare Systems Employer Reviews

Fast paced office that can be very stressful at times
HEALTH INFORMATION ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Bangor, MEFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: regular schedule
Cons: not enough support from management and top management
EMMC has been a great company to work for, but there just doesn't seem to be enough opportunity for advancement. After almost 18 years of service, it seems that our benefits are going downhill and so is the way EMMC/EMHS cares about their employees.
Does not care about Family life
Cafeteria Supervisor (Current Employee), Bangor, MEFebruary 17, 2015
I have worked at EMMC for 2 years. Over that time I have felt that the company does not stand on the "PILLARS" they say they do. The amount of politics that take place is enough to drive you out. I have been battling with them regarding my current schedule, they feel that whenever the business needs it, make our employees work it. Never do you see a superior work extra. I told them that I couldn't work extra hours on Saturday because I had to take care of my daughter. They "HR"gave me and ultimatum: take care of your daughter and be terminated, or work the hours and keep your job. I asked them to ask another coworker if they could work it, as there is only one other employee on my shift that has a child. They refused.
NEGATIVE
worker (Current Employee), bangor, maineDecember 19, 2014
no loyalty they are currently cutting positions and not taking care of employees
great co-workers
Network Wiring Specialist (Former Employee), Bangor, MEDecember 8, 2014
Telecommunication Tech
pleasant work area and good work conditions
good place to work for
Medical Coding Specialist (Former Employee), Bangor, MEOctober 16, 2014
It is a good place to work for. They offer lots of benefits for their employees.
Review
Cardiac Rehab/Pulmonary Rehab Intern (Former Employee), Bangor, MESeptember 22, 2014
Good place to work, learned a lot, always someone to help you
Challenging and awesome place to work
Flight Nurse/Paramedic (Current Employee), Bangor, MESeptember 7, 2014
Pros: the ability to help all spans of human life
Cons: the hours at times
My typical work day consist of transporting and caring for critically ill and injured patients. We transport by air and ground services. The range of patients is Neonate to geriatric. I have learned and continue to learn a great deal. My management team has always supported me in job, family and life in general. The hardest part of my job is the sadness of the situations that we are placed in on a dialy basis. The best part of my job is to have the skill and knowledge to help these patients out in their time of need. My co-workers are all awesome. We run as a two person medical team in which we rely on eachother all the time.
Hard place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Bangor MaineAugust 18, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: no breaks, lots of patients, no staff
I worked as a RN in the ER. Always short staffed and huge work load. The co-workers are all about drama and not helping eachother out. Management is a joke as well, they don't give a hoot about their employees. And if you have a problem, they find a way to turn is around on you and they work hard to get you fired!
Great place to work.
Department Secretary (Current Employee), Bangor, MEAugust 14, 2014
Pros: great hours.
Cons: drive is 50 minutes.
All referrals are processed daily through Cerner. All gym memberships requests are processed daily as well. The best part of the job are the patients. I get to assist the nurses with BP's etc. in Cardiac Rehab classes.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Bangor, MEJuly 14, 2014
An incredibly busy ER with a diverse range of patients. As a new grad, I learned a great deal from the more senior RN's. Great mix of nursing backgrounds!
Difficult experience
Financial Application Specialist (Former Employee), Brewer, MaineJuly 1, 2014
Pros: building and parking lot well cared for, healthcare is geared toward the healthy
Cons: healthcare is expensive if you have any conditions that need monitoring
Upon hire, the manager had not been there a full year and was apparently over her head. The manager was terminated after a difficult situation was resolved but that resulted in disjointed training. Assistant manager provided inaccurate or confusing direction. Previous employees had stated that performance metrics were not upheld and that was the case until the new manager came in, who instituted the performance metrics, and the Standard Operating Guidelines (SOGs) that were not previously provided. Within three months after the new manager came in, I was terminated for not meeting performance metrics. Two of my colleagues who had been hired around the same time have also been terminated.
Patients are wonderful
Practice Manager (Current Employee), Bangor, MEJune 30, 2014
Nice work environment with difficult work life balance. System that is embracing change but the leadership is not quite up to speed with the organization.
An ever changing company
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee), Bangor, MEJune 14, 2014
Pros: striving to be the best in healthcare
Cons: healthcare
Healthcare is always improving and Eastern Maine Medical Center is a leader in change. It constantly strives for better care to the patients. Eastern Maine also commits itself to their staff, providing benefits and support from your department head.
Productive and fun place to work.
Practice Scheduler (Former Employee), Bangor, MEMay 20, 2014
Pros: making a difference, great co-workers
Cons: n/a
I couldn't describe a typical day at work because anyone who works in healthcare knows it is forever changing. I learned a lot while employed there and will always be thankful I had the chance to work for such a great company. Everyday was challenging and that is what made it fun. Learning new things everyday and working with patients to insure they got the best care. My most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I was making a difference even if it was just talking to a patient and explaining something simple to them. Knowing that I made their day a little easier is what I felt good about before leaving work. My co-workers and I were all team players and we always helped each other out.
Striving for healthcare excellence
Project Manager eQuest Initiatives (Former Employee), Brewer MaineApril 21, 2014
Pros: good team with a lot of knowledge and experience
Cons: long commute
Very extensive project management team to work with, great resources.
Not enough time to perform work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Bangor, MEApril 8, 2014
Pros: helping people in need
Cons: unable to fully help patients (work load issue)
During orientation we were told that we were to provide patient with good personal care, yet with the work load given it was impossible to perform. Just before I started I was informed by my trainer that a meeting was held to address patients not being washed. When I asked experienced CNAs I was told that they do the best they can and what doesn't get done remains undone.
Fast Past environment, great place to learn new things
Care Management Assistant (Current Employee), Bangor, MaineMarch 29, 2014
Pros: great learning experiences, and business networking
Cons: some days are plain crazy and there is no time for a break.
Assisting nurse care managers in safe discharge planning of patients from the hospital. There is a lot of paperwork involved and a lot of order taking as well, but I personally have learned a lot about the medical field, not only the scientific aspects, but about the inter-workings of the behind the scenes (professional relationships, insurance issues, general business politics). I contact liaisons from different companies and find placement for patients either in skilled nursing facilities for rehabilitation, or with companies that will go into their homes and assist them getting back on their feet. There is a lot of networking and customer service that is done daily for this job.

My manager is great, shes firm but fair and always maintains an outside perspective. She gives great advice, helps to problem solve the most difficult cases-without telling her employees what to do or how to do their jobs, and she is always going to bat for her employees.

Like any work environment there can be personality clashes within a group, where I work in the hospital is no different. I have learned to adapt, adjust and have patience. Overall my coworkers are fantastic, always offering to lend a hand to each other, they help each other problem solve difficult cases and they lend an ear to one another when they have a difficult time with something.

The hardest part of my job for me is juggling the 3 different personalities that I work with everyday. I work with three very strong, independent, very different women, and I am the assistant to all of them. Sometimes it can be overwhelming having – more... to cater to each when they get busy, because they sometimes forget that I have all 40-50 patients on the floor and that I have something to do for each, However at the end of any particularly difficult day, they do to thank me for "putting up with them" or apologize if they were "being a bear" and one of the women at least once a day tells me how much she appreciates all that I do. So even on the worst days, the worst part of my job is completely manageable!

The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with medicine that I get, I have great ambitions that surpass my current employment and this has been a great stepping stone where I have been able to learn a lot from the three ladies I work directly with and all the nurses and doctors that come to our floor. – less
First job as dedicated vascular tech
Vascular Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee), Bangor, MEJanuary 15, 2014
It was an amazing opportunity to learn all about Vascular medicine. I had a great lab manager who spent the time to teach and explain every test. Working in the hospital is in my comfort zone so it was the perfect working environment.
Excellent work environment. Co-workers are a pleasure to work with.
Certified Medical Assistant, COHC (Current Employee), Bangor, MENovember 27, 2013
Pros: excellent work hours.
Cons: the healthcare provided is on the poor side.
The area I work in is very fast paced and changes daily. My co-workers are very easy to work with and I'd like to say we are all friends. The management has an open door policy and they listen to any feedback you have.
Analyst
Analyst (Former Employee), Brewer, MESeptember 3, 2013
Pros: benefits
Professional environement. Great people. Good benefits.

Eastern Maine Healthcare Systems Salaries