Eastern Maine Healthcare Systems Employee Reviews

Busy working place
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEDecember 4, 2015
Cleaning and sanitize patient areas and room
Hardest part of the job is cleaning an area and cleaning beds
The part I enjoy the most is helping patient family members find where they need to be.
Pros
Pays good, Friendly staff
Cons
Alot of walking
Oncology Department provides a great working environment.
Coordinator for Oncology Revenue (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEOctober 30, 2015
Working at EMMC Cancer Care is an incredible experience. The institution has afforded me many opportunities to grow as well as providing me with stepping stones to better myself and my productivity. Management in the clinic works closely with the staff to enable them to provide the best possible care to all our patients. To say that our department is like family would be an understatement. We work in a close environment and can count of management to support us in resolving issues as well as supporting us in possible advancement within the department or Institution as a whole.
Pros
Our benefits are great - I am able to obtain 3 weeks off in a row for vacation time.
Cons
Working in a close environment makes it difficult to concentrate and be productive at times.
Serious Work Environment
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEAugust 29, 2015
It is a challenging but awarding work place with helpful coworkers.
I enjoy the daily challenge of the job. I love the people I work with.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
Questionable boss
Access Management Trainer (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEAugust 9, 2015
Productive working environment, where one has the ability to grow as an employee. Excellent management and customer service driven environment.
EMMC is an excellent place to work. They really care about their employees.
Preregistration Representative (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEJuly 23, 2015
I am moving back to Lake Havasu City, AZ in the near future and would love to find work before I arrive there. I am honest, dependable, a quick learner and a hard worker. I come with great references and I would love to talk with you. Please call and leave me a message at any time.

Thank you for your consideration.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
not sure they have any for me
Nursing
RN, BSN (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEJune 9, 2015
This facility is reason I want out of healthcare field. Not a hospital or management style I would recommend. My co-workers were very hard working under a severe and unsafe work environment
State of the Art equipment
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEMay 28, 2015
Management is a puppet on a string for a board that is absolutely out of touch. Overall, for a small state, we have state of the art equipment and the latest technology. The patient ratio is 5:1 on days which is standard. It's busy but not a bad place to work.
Pros
great pay, good patient to nurse ratio
Cons
board of directors and management out of touch
Large campus for an intern to explore
Social Work Departmental Intern (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEMay 1, 2015
Nurses and other social workers were happy to pass on challenging cases to this author. They did however rely quite heavily on this author to assemble discharge packets -- much time in front of the photocopier.
Mixed Feelings
HeIS Associate (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEMarch 21, 2015
Working @ EMMC has been an eye opening experience; a door opener for learning a lot about the medical field. There has not been much room for advancement, even after going to college and receiving my degree in my field.
benefits
Cons
benefits too expensive, work weekends, no opportunity for advancement
Fast paced office that can be very stressful at times
HEALTH INFORMATION ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEFebruary 26, 2015
EMMC has been a great company to work for, but there just doesn't seem to be enough opportunity for advancement. After almost 18 years of service, it seems that our benefits are going downhill and so is the way EMMC/EMHS cares about their employees.
Pros
regular schedule
Cons
not enough support from management and top management
Does not care about Family life
Cafeteria Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEFebruary 17, 2015
I have worked at EMMC for 2 years. Over that time I have felt that the company does not stand on the "PILLARS" they say they do. The amount of politics that take place is enough to drive you out. I have been battling with them regarding my current schedule, they feel that whenever the business needs it, make our employees work it. Never do you see a superior work extra. I told them that I couldn't work extra hours on Saturday because I had to take care of my daughter. They "HR"gave me and ultimatum: take care of your daughter and be terminated, or work the hours and keep your job. I asked them to ask another coworker if they could work it, as there is only one other employee on my shift that has a child. They refused.
Negative
worker (Current Employee) –  bangor, maineDecember 19, 2014
no loyalty they are currently cutting positions and not taking care of employees
great co-workers
Network Wiring Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEDecember 8, 2014
Telecommunication Tech
pleasant work area and good work conditions
good place to work for
Medical Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEOctober 16, 2014
It is a good place to work for. They offer lots of benefits for their employees.
Review
Cardiac Rehab/Pulmonary Rehab Intern (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MESeptember 22, 2014
Good place to work, learned a lot, always someone to help you
Challenging and awesome place to work
Flight Nurse/Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MESeptember 7, 2014
My typical work day consist of transporting and caring for critically ill and injured patients. We transport by air and ground services. The range of patients is Neonate to geriatric. I have learned and continue to learn a great deal. My management team has always supported me in job, family and life in general. The hardest part of my job is the sadness of the situations that we are placed in on a dialy basis. The best part of my job is to have the skill and knowledge to help these patients out in their time of need. My co-workers are all awesome. We run as a two person medical team in which we rely on eachother all the time.
Pros
the ability to help all spans of human life
Cons
the hours at times
Hard place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bangor MaineAugust 18, 2014
I worked as a RN in the ER. Always short staffed and huge work load. The co-workers are all about drama and not helping eachother out. Management is a joke as well, they don't give a hoot about their employees. And if you have a problem, they find a way to turn is around on you and they work hard to get you fired!
Pros
good pay
Cons
no breaks, lots of patients, no staff
Great place to work.
Department Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEAugust 14, 2014
All referrals are processed daily through Cerner. All gym memberships requests are processed daily as well. The best part of the job are the patients. I get to assist the nurses with BP's etc. in Cardiac Rehab classes.
Pros
great hours.
Cons
drive is 50 minutes.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEJuly 14, 2014
An incredibly busy ER with a diverse range of patients. As a new grad, I learned a great deal from the more senior RN's. Great mix of nursing backgrounds!
Difficult experience
Financial Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brewer, MaineJuly 1, 2014
Upon hire, the manager had not been there a full year and was apparently over her head. The manager was terminated after a difficult situation was resolved but that resulted in disjointed training. Assistant manager provided inaccurate or confusing direction. Previous employees had stated that performance metrics were not upheld and that was the case until the new manager came in, who instituted the performance metrics, and the Standard Operating Guidelines (SOGs) that were not previously provided. Within three months after the new manager came in, I was terminated for not meeting performance metrics. Two of my colleagues who had been hired around the same time have also been terminated.
Pros
building and parking lot well cared for, healthcare is geared toward the healthy
Cons
healthcare is expensive if you have any conditions that need monitoring