Eastern Maine Healthcare Systems Employee Reviews in United States

Great organization
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEMarch 26, 2016
As I said earlier a great organization enjoyed the work, staff. I met many wonderful people and learned so much about the medical billing field. The hardest part was the delay insurance companies place each year before paying claims. The easiest was the organization itself.
Pros
the organization
Cons
NA
TERRIBLE work environment
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEDecember 12, 2015
Terrible place to work! WAY too many managers and not enough people to do what it's there for, PATIENT CARE. MOST managers completely out of touch with issues! Human Resources less than helpful! Difficult to talk to and do NOT address issues.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Too many managers, Staff meetings unproductive, constantly less and less help to do the same amt of work.
Oncology Department provides a great working environment.
Coordinator for Oncology Revenue (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEOctober 30, 2015
Working at EMMC Cancer Care is an incredible experience. The institution has afforded me many opportunities to grow as well as providing me with stepping stones to better myself and my productivity. Management in the clinic works closely with the staff to enable them to provide the best possible care to all our patients. To say that our department is like family would be an understatement. We work in a close environment and can count of management to support us in resolving issues as well as supporting us in possible advancement within the department or Institution as a whole.
Pros
Our benefits are great - I am able to obtain 3 weeks off in a row for vacation time.
Cons
Working in a close environment makes it difficult to concentrate and be productive at times.
Busy working place
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEDecember 4, 2015
Cleaning and sanitize patient areas and room
Hardest part of the job is cleaning an area and cleaning beds
The part I enjoy the most is helping patient family members find where they need to be.
Pros
Pays good, Friendly staff
Cons
Alot of walking
EMMC is an excellent place to work. They really care about their employees.
Preregistration Representative (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEJuly 23, 2015
I am moving back to Lake Havasu City, AZ in the near future and would love to find work before I arrive there. I am honest, dependable, a quick learner and a hard worker. I come with great references and I would love to talk with you. Please call and leave me a message at any time.

Thank you for your consideration.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
not sure they have any for me
Serious Work Environment
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEAugust 29, 2015
It is a challenging but awarding work place with helpful coworkers.
I enjoy the daily challenge of the job. I love the people I work with.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
Questionable boss
State of the Art equipment
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEMay 28, 2015
Management is a puppet on a string for a board that is absolutely out of touch. Overall, for a small state, we have state of the art equipment and the latest technology. The patient ratio is 5:1 on days which is standard. It's busy but not a bad place to work.
Pros
great pay, good patient to nurse ratio
Cons
board of directors and management out of touch
Access Management Trainer (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEAugust 9, 2015
Productive working environment, where one has the ability to grow as an employee. Excellent management and customer service driven environment.
Does not care about Family life
Cafeteria Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEFebruary 17, 2015
I have worked at EMMC for 2 years. Over that time I have felt that the company does not stand on the "PILLARS" they say they do. The amount of politics that take place is enough to drive you out. I have been battling with them regarding my current schedule, they feel that whenever the business needs it, make our employees work it. Never do you see a superior work extra. I told them that I couldn't work extra hours on Saturday because I had to take care of my daughter. They "HR"gave me and ultimatum: take care of your daughter and be terminated, or work the hours and keep your job. I asked them to ask another coworker if they could work it, as there is only one other employee on my shift that has a child. They refused.
Fast paced office that can be very stressful at times
HEALTH INFORMATION ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEFebruary 26, 2015
EMMC has been a great company to work for, but there just doesn't seem to be enough opportunity for advancement. After almost 18 years of service, it seems that our benefits are going downhill and so is the way EMMC/EMHS cares about their employees.
Pros
regular schedule
Cons
not enough support from management and top management
Large campus for an intern to explore
Social Work Departmental Intern (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEMay 1, 2015
Nurses and other social workers were happy to pass on challenging cases to this author. They did however rely quite heavily on this author to assemble discharge packets -- much time in front of the photocopier.
Mixed Feelings
HeIS Associate (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEMarch 21, 2015
Working @ EMMC has been an eye opening experience; a door opener for learning a lot about the medical field. There has not been much room for advancement, even after going to college and receiving my degree in my field.
benefits
Cons
benefits too expensive, work weekends, no opportunity for advancement
Nursing
RN, BSN (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEJune 9, 2015
This facility is reason I want out of healthcare field. Not a hospital or management style I would recommend. My co-workers were very hard working under a severe and unsafe work environment
Challenging and awesome place to work
Flight Nurse/Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MESeptember 7, 2014
My typical work day consist of transporting and caring for critically ill and injured patients. We transport by air and ground services. The range of patients is Neonate to geriatric. I have learned and continue to learn a great deal. My management team has always supported me in job, family and life in general. The hardest part of my job is the sadness of the situations that we are placed in on a dialy basis. The best part of my job is to have the skill and knowledge to help these patients out in their time of need. My co-workers are all awesome. We run as a two person medical team in which we rely on eachother all the time.
Pros
the ability to help all spans of human life
Cons
the hours at times
Productive and fun place to work.
Practice Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEMay 20, 2014
I couldn't describe a typical day at work because anyone who works in healthcare knows it is forever changing. I learned a lot while employed there and will always be thankful I had the chance to work for such a great company. Everyday was challenging and that is what made it fun. Learning new things everyday and working with patients to insure they got the best care. My most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I was making a difference even if it was just talking to a patient and explaining something simple to them. Knowing that I made their day a little easier is what I felt good about before leaving work. My co-workers and I were all team players and we always helped each other out.
Pros
making a difference, great co-workers
Cons
n/a
Hard place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bangor MaineAugust 18, 2014
I worked as a RN in the ER. Always short staffed and huge work load. The co-workers are all about drama and not helping eachother out. Management is a joke as well, they don't give a hoot about their employees. And if you have a problem, they find a way to turn is around on you and they work hard to get you fired!
Pros
good pay
Cons
no breaks, lots of patients, no staff
Not enough time to perform work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEApril 8, 2014
During orientation we were told that we were to provide patient with good personal care, yet with the work load given it was impossible to perform. Just before I started I was informed by my trainer that a meeting was held to address patients not being washed. When I asked experienced CNAs I was told that they do the best they can and what doesn't get done remains undone.
Pros
helping people in need
Cons
unable to fully help patients (work load issue)
An ever changing company
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEJune 14, 2014
Healthcare is always improving and Eastern Maine Medical Center is a leader in change. It constantly strives for better care to the patients. Eastern Maine also commits itself to their staff, providing benefits and support from your department head.
Pros
striving to be the best in healthcare
Cons
healthcare
Very Fun Atmosphere and State-of-the-Art Facilities
Senior Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEAugust 17, 2012
This place is where it's at! In terms of skills, knowledge, compassion, professionalism, fun environment. I was here for four years and quickly became one of the department's best - to this day. I am very sociable, have a great bedside manner and my experience speaks for itself.
Pros
management, pay rate, professionalism, atmosphere, cleanliness
Cons
(none)
think twice before accepting your position offered
floor washer (Former Employee) –  EMMCJuly 14, 2012
When you are in dire need of a job and one is offered, normally you would grab it.
BUT...what happens if say, it turns out this job isn't a good fit for you- or maybe you aren't catching on as quickly as the supervisor thinks you should?
The ANSWER: you will be asked to resign, or be terminated.
NOW READ THIS: Sooo, you go back to college and get a degree in some specialty field of healthcare. You are ready and you are skilled. You go back to EMMC and eagerly apply for the job you've been trained for....
YOU WILL NEVER AGAIN BE HIRED BY EMMC. PERIOD. AS I HAVE BEEN INFORMED, ONCE THEY SPEND MONEY ON TRAINING YOU THE FIRST TIME, THEY WILL NEVER HIRE YOU BACK, REGARDLESS OF YOUR SKILLS. So make certain you want that first job offered, and will succeed at it. Good luck
Cons
politics smell everywhere- bunch of snobs in hr