Eastern Michigan University

Eastern Michigan University Employer Reviews

Very rewarding student job on campus.
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Ypsilanti, MIApril 11, 2014
Working in the computer lab at Eastern Michigan was probably the single most important aspect of my ability to graduate on time. While handling complaints and assisting my manager with many special projects, much of the job involved sitting and waiting for more problems to solve. This gave me plenty of time to catch up on some reading for class, finish – more... assignments, and even study for test.

My Co-workers were all students as well, so we all had pretty much the same state of mind, but everyone was willing to help out when you needed your hours adjusted or wanted to switch. – less
Great environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Ypsilanti, MIMarch 27, 2014
Pros: great environment, meeting new people, networking on campus
Cons: short hours
Working at Eastern Michigan University has been incredibly amazing. The job was fun, my coworkers were great and easy to get along with. The training for the job was simple, and it was easy to do, even though it was very important to the residents of Buell Hall.
Learned alot
Cash Office Supervisor (Current Employee), Ypsilanti, MIFebruary 27, 2014
How to create schedules for cashier
How to plan accordingly
How to solve problems
Productive and experienced
Secretary (Current Employee), Ypsilanti, MIFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: learning new tasks on a daily basis.
Cons: not paid properly for the responsibilitis that i have.
Helping Faculty with their needs, copying, solving problems, answering questions, helping students with overrides, questions and direct them according, secretary for the the Department Head; schedule meetings, finding conference rooms and communicate with faculty for confirmation, schedule events, entering payroll, hiring GA's and students.
I learned – more... to feel comfortable making quick decisions in this department.
We work as a team with my co-workers to make sure we do our job.
Any task that is difficult in my job is being proud of accomplishing the task and learn from it and I enjoy working because I am passionate working for the department and gives me a sense of accomplishment, whether it is an easy or difficult task. – less
Great co workers, welcoming workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee), YpsilantiFebruary 12, 2014
I loved working here. It was always a relaxed environment with co workers that remember your name. We were really a family.
Academic Environment
Doctoral Fellow (Current Employee), YpsilantiFebruary 11, 2014
Academic environment, laboratory with good facilities regard to polymers and coating.
EMU is a good place gain knowdge of laboratory work and have opportunity for indipendent study.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Chemistry Department, EMU, Ypsilanti, MIFebruary 11, 2014
At EMU, we have opportunity to focus on organic research, synthesizing small molecules and characterizing those by proton and carbon NMR. Also, as a GA, we can teach undergraduate organic and general chemistry laboratories and assist students to overcome their difficulties. Work background, courses studied, and experience as a graduate assistant have – more... provided us with many skills and understanding of dealing with instruments, chemical handling, and good laboratory practice. Therefore, EMU provides lot of opportunities to gain experience to go forward in the field of science – less
Great benefits including 1/2 tuition off for family
Senior Technology Specialist (Current Employee), Ypsilanti, MIDecember 10, 2013
Nice location, and interesting work opportunities. Work hours are flexible, but typically 8-5, and co-workers are helpful sharing technical sills and answers. I enjoy the opportunities to learn from classes presented at the University if time permits to take the class.
Overall a solid company to work for
Office Manager/Graduate Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee), Ypsilanti, MIDecember 4, 2013
EMU is very dependent on what department you are in. I am fortunate to have a fantastic team of individuals for colleagues so my experience is quite different then what someone else's may be.
Nice people, Poor management
Senior Elevator Control Repair Specialist (Former Employee), Ypsilanti,Mi.November 25, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: long drive
Get to see all kinds of people everyday, never the same thing. The hardest part of the job was the management wanting you to look the other way when projects were being done, not wanting to do the major repairs, just paint and cosmetics.
condusive atmosphere for development and execution of new product ideas.
Graduate researcher and lab coordinator (Former Employee), Ypsilanti, MIOctober 29, 2013
My typical day at work includes meeting with my team about ongoing product trials/experiments, discussing new ideas and opinions, completing the required testing, making sure all the instruments are in working condition, and documenting the experimental data. My co-workers are graduate researchers in Textile science department. The hardest part of job – more... is to prioritize the projects and managing the time and attention that every product development project deserves. The funding system at Eastern Michigan University has several layers which makes it hard to plan the finances of the project. The most enjoyable part of the project is the freedom I get to innovate and execute on my ideas for new textile products. As a result of that , in last four years I have been blessed to get a provisional patent and finish four other projects successfully including commercial up-scaling with textile companies in United States. – less
Work study
Student Employee (Former Employee), Ypsilanti, MIOctober 28, 2013
fun
easy
laidback
nice
the job was very easy
The openness was welcoming and warming
Healthy environment to grow
University Communication Auditor (Former Employee), Ypsilanti, MISeptember 9, 2013
As a Teaching and Research assistant who taught two courses each semester, this position challenged my understanding of the workplace as well as my own abilities as a professional educator.

The staff and faculty as well as my colleagues were very helpful in making the environment and goal of educating undergraduate students a successful one.
Student Perspective
Tour Guide (Former Employee), Ypsilanti, MIAugust 19, 2013
As a student employee, i really enjoyed all of the positions i've held on campus
A fun workplace with many fun activities for children.
Student Program Instructor (Former Employee), Flint, MIAugust 14, 2013
In this job, you regain your youth when interacting with the children. This job requires that you are interactive with the kids. That is the most enjoyable part.
fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Ypsilanti, MIJuly 20, 2013
The hardest part of the job is to arrange student employees' working schedule well during exam week.
Great job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Ypsilanti, MIJuly 12, 2013
I gained valuable experience while an employee. I helped visitors with scheduling of appts, and things of that nature.
Brief Description
Student Center Administration (Current Employee), Ypsilanti, MIJune 26, 2013
Fun job to work at and you learn and gain a lot of opportunities to use for career opportunities.
Job Experience
Maintenance (Former Employee), YpsilantiJune 1, 2013
I learned a lot while working for Eastern Michigan University but I took an opportunity to improve my skills and increase my knowledge.
Fun workplace
Assistant (Work-Study) (Former Employee), Ypsilanti, MIMay 29, 2013
The workplace was nice, I loved the employees. They were very considerate with your class scheduling and conflicts dealing with class. I loved answering the phones. Being an assistant was great!

1 2 3