If you are a top performing service manager looking to take your career to the next level, and if you have domestic and/or import dealership experience, we have a rare opportunity for you. If you possess the leadership skills, experience, a thorough understanding of fixed operations (particularly Chrysler), flexibility and determination, this may be your opportunity of a lifetime.
Our service manger for the past five years has announced that he is moving across country and leaving us in dire need of a true fixed operations master.
- Top pay
- Extensive benefits package
- Ability to direct and lead your department without severe micro-management
- Great work environment in a high-volume, CSI focused dealership
- Awesome work location close to the beach
- 25 year dealer with excellent fixed ops momentum
- Experience in a dealership as a Service Manger
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Understanding of shop utilization, efficiency and proficiency
- Highly self-motivated
- Extremely organized
- Ability to lead, inspire and train service advisors
- Good computer skills
All applicants must be at least 18 years of age & have a good driving record
Please send resume, prior earning history and references to be considered for an interview.
Job Title: Service Manager
SUMMARY: Runs an efficient and profitable service department through productive staffing, customer retention, cost controls, achievement of objectives, and maintenance of all service records. Ensures that the daily inventory of technician's time is consistently sold to service customers.
- Forecasts goals and objectives for the department and strives to meet them.
- Hires, trains, motivates, counsels, and monitors the performance of all service department staff.
- Prepares and administers an annual operating budget for the service department.
- Maintains reporting systems required by general management and the factory.
- Attends managers meetings.
- Monitors and controls the performance of the department using appropriate reports, tracking systems, and surveys.
- Strives for harmony and teamwork within the department and with all other departments.
- Develops and implements a marketing plan which promotes new and repeat business.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations that affect service operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Understands and ensures compliance with manufacturer warranty and policy procedures.
- Accounts for all documents; ensures that none are missing and all are processed correctly.
- Holds weekly department meetings.
- Directs and schedules the activities of all department employees.
- Facilitates and/or conducts technical training and sends employees to appropriate training schools as needed.
- Monitors technicians' daily productivity reports and corresponding payroll records.
- Monitors and follows up on parts orders with the parts manager to ensure availability.
- Initials all repair orders before submitting them to the warranty department, monitoring for sales and hours relative to expectations.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with customers to encourage repeat and referral business.
- Informs repair technicians of time allowances on each repair order.
- Maintains high-quality service repairs and minimizes comebacks.
- Conducts periodic spot checks of completed jobs for thoroughness and quality.
- Keeps abreast of new equipment and tools available and recommends purchases.
- Ensures that the work areas and customer waiting area are kept clean.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with vocational and technical schools to enhance personnel recruitment activities.
- Serves as liaison with factory representatives.
- Ensures the proper care, storage, and inventory of special tools.
- Ensures that customers' service files are up-to-date and readily available for reference.
- Ensures that all customers are greeted promptly and given fair estimates on costs and time required for repairs and maintenance.
- Prepares pricing guides and maintenance menus for frequent labor operations.
- Handles customer complaints immediately and according to dealership's guidelines.
- Establishes and maintains 24-hour follow-up with all customers to confirm satisfaction with the service experience.
- Maintains safe work environment.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Hires, trains, motivates, and monitors the performance of all service employees while accepting input from HR department and General Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, ETC.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Five to seven years experience in service and parts management.
- Automotive industry experience necessary.
- Strong organizational, communication, & customer care skills required.
- Must have good computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
SKILLS / REASONING ABILITY / PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS:
Continually demonstrating professional and inter-personal skills with customers, vendors and co-workers which ultimately results in high customer satisfaction. Social skills that produce an environment of support and achieving goals together as a team. Ability to maintain a positive and cooperative atmosphere. Skills to problem solve in complex, real world or ill-defined situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to lift up to 50 lb
Talking, hearing, collecting, handling, inputting, preparing, sitting, standing, walking; Repeated reaching, bending, stooping, squatting occasional ladder climbing, pushing and pulling. Lifting, carrying and maneuvering up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Generally, Service Managers work indoors in well-ventilated and well-lighted service and parts department facilities. Although many physical duties are small and easily manageable Service Managers may at times work with dirty and greasy parts and in awkward positions. They may often lift heavy parts or equipment. These work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.