EASTERN NATIONAL Employee Reviews

Sales Clerk/Cashier/Greeter (Current Employee) –  Stoystown, PAOctober 11, 2017
Greeting visitors, and providing service to everyone walking into the visitor's center. Provide prompt, courteous service with a customer focused attitude. Perform cash handling and register functions in an accurate and consistent manner. Maintained a calm presence during periods of high volume. I stock product, offer assistance to visitors, and answer visitor's questions about the site, offer to help visitors with directions, offer recommendations on local accommodations. I also offer assistance to the park rangers on duty when needed. I preform basic office duties such as answering phones, taking messages, forwarding calls, and assisting the managers in making preforming inventory checks. I do my best to educate the visitor on Eastern Nationals role at Flight 93 National Memorial and our partnership with the National Park Service.
I learned to help tourists in Salem, MA
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAMay 14, 2017
My job required me to direct tourists to the best spots around town. The Salem Visitor Center is also part of a national park site, The Friendship, so I would give out information about the site as well.
Amazing workplace, with amazing management, Great atmosphere. Overall a perfect job for a sales associate.
Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dover, TNMarch 1, 2017
I would recommend eastern national to anyone looking for a job. It's a great place to work, and really equips you for a sales associate position. It pushes your skills and challenges you to be the best you can be at your job.
Pros
30 minute lunches, as well as 2 15 minute breaks. Flexible hours.
Cons
N/a
Really fun place to work and you learn something new everyday
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 22, 2016
It's really fun working with tourists and helping them out. It's a small store yet you're always kept busy. You do have to be very responsible!!!!!!!!
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Juan National Historic Site, PRJanuary 31, 2016
good environment
great team work
good view
great lunch hours
day work
meet new people around the world everyday
exiting and fun place to work
Fun getting to meet people from all over the world
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hodgenville, KYDecember 3, 2015
I loved working at the Nancy Lincoln Inn which was run by Eastern National. My supervisor was very good in training me and my co-workers.
My co-workers and I formed a bond quickly and I will always remember my good experience there.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Seasonal
great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  st.johnOctober 7, 2015
that was the best job that I have had and enjoyed the most I must say it was very fun to work their. everyone left there personal life problems at the door and that made it easy to wok their. it was fun it was just said business got slow and I had to leave.
Pros
half an hour
Fun small place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 27, 2015
Great management, great staff, low pay due to the fact its a not for profit company.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, many different kinds of people
Cons
far away from home for the small pay
First job. great experience
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hatteras Island, NCNovember 22, 2014
This was my first job but it turned out amazing. I got to learn to open/ close a store by myself, open/close registers, count deposits. It was my first encounter with people from all over the world and I got to meet amazing people through the park service which is partnered with Eastern National.
Pros
Paid lunch, great coworkers, educational and fun
Cons
low wage, no advancement
productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRMarch 14, 2014
productive and fun work place with an friendly environment to work. with a lot of culture involve so you always have some thing new to learn
Great management and co-workers
Lead Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 29, 2014
Each day, depending on what shift I have, I open up the store and the cash register. Throughout the day, I greet customers, do transactions, and restock the store.
Pros
close to many attractions
Cons
there are no cons
not the best job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  lincoln memorialNovember 17, 2013
most of the workers were not ever doing there jobs and when they were it was because the boss was there. I liked being able to meet different cultures of people and hearing about theirs visits to each memorial site. There were co-workers who i loved working with , they taught me what I know now.
Pros
lunch break
Cons
small space, dust and bugs
Retail in National Parks
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 2, 2013
Difficult to earn any benefits or pay increases. Otherwise, it can be enjoyable
Working at the National Park.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 15, 2013
Working at Eastern National is great you meet a lot of people and you work at the memorials or monuments book store; for example, the Martin Luther King Memorial.
Pros
working for an historcial and new memorial.
Cons
the was no cons.
Eastern National is great for a management career, but not a regular employee.
Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 13, 2012
Eastern National is a good place to work. You work with some great people and meet many interesting tourists. The management is good for the most part, however it is only good for something temporary. You cannot advance your career in this being a staff member. It is great for the resume for working there since its a government organization.
Cons
breaks are not included within working hours.
Productive and energetic warehouse.
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ft. Washington, PAJune 22, 2012
Working for Eastern National was rewarding and enjoyable. My days consisted of picking orders placed by customers or filling order requests from other parks associated with the National Parks Service. After a few months I was taught how to do some data entry work. Price changes, ordering supplies, and organizing transfers with products for the parks to sell in their stores. My boss and co-workers were great. We had good chemistry and we were extremely efficient. The job came natural to me and I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
good staff, plenty of work to do, company parties.
Cons
healthcare, no overtime.
Excellent place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FloridaJune 19, 2012
This job is so much fun, you forget you are at work. You meet people from all over the world. You will get to interact with them and help them find memories to take home.

If you are good at sales and believe in the customer coming first, you can be very successful at this job.

You will never regret working at this job, for this employer. Eastern National is a great company.