Eastern New Mexico Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

sinking ship
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMFebruary 18, 2016
I had worked there on there critical care unit which is a combined step down/ ICU. A typical day would be under staffed and assigned a patient load that was not easy to manage. Mandatory overtime which I was not told about in the interview it was the only way they could have shifts covered. Only 80 hrs vacation a year but you would never get it approved due to being understaffed. Management was not accessible the director was forced to be administrator on duty a lot and could not run his ICU the way he wanted too. However, he had a great vision for the facility which has 160 beds but half the units are shut down. ENMMC once was a thriving hospital. Co workers the travelers had bad attitudes but were needed for their experience but they did not provide much in guidance or mentoring like they were supposed to. The hired on staff were mostly out of state nurses from markets with a glut of nurses but they had a desire to be ICU nurses but did not get the proper precepting. The patients were grateful for the most part and always thankful. Most of them being local do not know anything else. My self coming from a mid size metro with a University Medical Center, top ranked college of medicine I can tell you I would not want to be a patient at ENMMC. I do feel sorry for the locals they deserve better.
Pros
hospital nursing experience
Cons
lack of lunch break, mandatory overtime, no vacation time
employees are amazing
Medical-Surgical Floor Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Roswell, NMOctober 2, 2015
I absolutely love my job! The employees and supervisors are amazing! They are very accommodating to my work and family schedule.
Ideal position close to home
Office Assistant / Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ruidoso, NMJuly 9, 2015
managing patient care and working close with the doctor as well as co workers made this job easy and fun. Assisting in patient care giving injections running tests assisting in procedures filing faxing copying doing referral verifying ins ordering supplies and sterilizing supplies it was very time consuming allowing for the day to race by.
A place to turn a job into a career
HIM Department (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMJuly 8, 2015
I enjoyed every aspect of my job. The amount of information I obtained in a short amount of time is unbelievable. There is always work to be done and to keep busy. There are no words to explain how amazing my director was. A wonderful place to work that turns a job into a career!
Fun, enjoyable and learning experience
Certified forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMJune 6, 2015
I operated forklifts and welded. I also did all aspects of maintenance. This was a fun work setting with nice co-workers.
Terrible environment for patients and/or workers
ER Registrar (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMMarch 10, 2015
A typical day at work in the Emergency Department consists of hour long waits, no help from other team members and a management team that was put together by luck. Management is terrible and does not try and help any situation, does not accommodate or care to listen and help solve problems. Terrible place to be!
Pros
patient, caring, nurses (few and far between)
Cons
no lunch breaks, dirty environment, terrible management.
Think twice
Director (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMMarch 3, 2015
Money is primary focus of organization senior leadership don't care about patient care or staff. Front line employees are forced to work for min wage and 35 hour work weeks. No work life balance if in leadership position.Rapid employee turnover.
Pros
great benefits good compensation for leadership
Cons
not enough staff poor salary compensation for front line employees
Production in the Emergency Room
ER Registrar (Current Employee) –  Roswell, NMMarch 5, 2014
A typical day at work would include registering patients and learning new information about insurances. Insurances are constantly changing and it's interesting to hear what people have to say about what they think! You can meet new people every day here at this job. The hardest part of my job would be having to sit at the front desk when there is a cardiac arrest or death in the back and having to see the family cry or yell at us until they can go see their family member, or friend. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing patients feel better or let us know they are comfortable and appreciate our service.
A good place to work and learn new things
Icu , Psych , Pcu ,Surgical , Medical Tech (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMNovember 22, 2013
Eastern was a good place to work at first then to nurse to patient ratio was too insane
Pros
good learning hospital
Cons
nurse patient ratio
A chance to make a difference in the lives of my patients.
Registered Nurse / COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Roswell, NMAugust 23, 2013
I have worked for ENMMC for 16 years. It has been a learning experience and peers have been like a second family to me. I love working with my special patients! I would not trade this experience. The most enjoyable part of the job is making the lives of my patient's better.
Quality Patient Care
LEAD SOCIAL WORKER (Current Employee) –  Roswell, NMJuly 29, 2013
Begin the day with a safety huddle and motivate my team towards a productive day of patient care. I have learned that there is always room for change and growth. Management at ENMMC has been supportive and attentive to my needs. My coworkers work as a team to provide the highest quality of care. The hardest part of my job are placing indigent patients in nursing homes and referring for services. I enjoy working with people and helping improve their quality of life.
Pros
family friendly employer
Cons
expensive family health insurance
Productive atmosphere for the mentally ill.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Roswell, NMJanuary 15, 2013
My favorite part of the job is helping the pts to learn coping skills so that they can survive and be happy in this life!! My least favorite part of this job is that it is the gossipiest place that i ever worked at!! My boss is great here in most aspects!!!
High stress, hard working but very rewarding environment.
Primary Responsibility - Microbiology Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMNovember 7, 2012
Perform morning run from am ward draws. Result blood cultures, perform daily maintenance in microbiology. Read plates. Set up cultures. Set up Id's and sensitivities. Perform result review, check pending logs. Help cover other areas for lunch.

The most enjoable part of the job is feeling like a make a difference. Physicians rely on the results we in the lab provide to help the patients in the hospital get better. Sometimes in trauma situations, we help them to savie the patient.

At our facility, my boss isn't very good at the personnel level. When conflicts arise between employees, he typically does nothing to neutralize the situation and often does not make people do their job as they should. In the lab, the phlebotomists and the lab tech's jobs are integrated and both need to do them well for things to run smooth. The hardest part of my is trying to do it effectively when the phlebotomists are not doing theirs as they should

My job can be very high stress at times. With Cooperate medicine, the powers that be like to keep the employees down. Sometimes we are short handed. However for the most part, the people I work with are hard working. My job is also very rewarding as it helps to save peoples lives.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eastern New Mexico Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9