Eastern New Mexico Medical Center

Eastern New Mexico Medical Center Employer Reviews

A good place to work and learn new things
Icu , Psych , Pcu ,Surgical , Medical Tech (Former Employee), Roswell, NMNovember 22, 2013
Pros: good learning hospital
Cons: nurse patient ratio
Eastern was a good place to work at first then to nurse to patient ratio was too insane
A chance to make a difference in the lives of my patients.
Registered Nurse / COTA/L (Current Employee), Roswell, NMAugust 23, 2013
I have worked for ENMMC for 16 years. It has been a learning experience and peers have been like a second family to me. I love working with my special patients! I would not trade this experience. The most enjoyable part of the job is making the lives of my patient's better.
Quality Patient Care
LEAD SOCIAL WORKER (Current Employee), Roswell, NMJuly 29, 2013
Pros: family friendly employer
Cons: expensive family health insurance
Begin the day with a safety huddle and motivate my team towards a productive day of patient care. I have learned that there is always room for change and growth. Management at ENMMC has been supportive and attentive to my needs. My coworkers work as a team to provide the highest quality of care. The hardest part of my job are placing indigent patients – more... in nursing homes and referring for services. I enjoy working with people and helping improve their quality of life. – less
Productive atmosphere for the mentally ill.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Roswell, NMJanuary 15, 2013
My favorite part of the job is helping the pts to learn coping skills so that they can survive and be happy in this life!! My least favorite part of this job is that it is the gossipiest place that i ever worked at!! My boss is great here in most aspects!!!
High stress, hard working but very rewarding environment.
Primary Responsibility - Microbiology Supervisor (Former Employee), Roswell, NMNovember 7, 2012
Perform morning run from am ward draws. Result blood cultures, perform daily maintenance in microbiology. Read plates. Set up cultures. Set up Id's and sensitivities. Perform result review, check pending logs. Help cover other areas for lunch.

The most enjoable part of the job is feeling like a make a difference. Physicians rely on the results we in – more... the lab provide to help the patients in the hospital get better. Sometimes in trauma situations, we help them to savie the patient.

At our facility, my boss isn't very good at the personnel level. When conflicts arise between employees, he typically does nothing to neutralize the situation and often does not make people do their job as they should. In the lab, the phlebotomists and the lab tech's jobs are integrated and both need to do them well for things to run smooth. The hardest part of my is trying to do it effectively when the phlebotomists are not doing theirs as they should

My job can be very high stress at times. With Cooperate medicine, the powers that be like to keep the employees down. Sometimes we are short handed. However for the most part, the people I work with are hard working. My job is also very rewarding as it helps to save peoples lives.

. – less