Eastern New Mexico University Employee Reviews

A very secure job in a small area
Temporary Senior Secretary to CIO (Former Employee) –  Portales, NMAugust 15, 2017
Working for ENMU provides job security in the small town of Portales. Like most Universities, there is a culture and cliques but overall the drama is minimal.
Great Place
Assistant Intramural Director (Former Employee) –  Portales, NMAugust 6, 2017
Great place to work. Advocated for all their programs. Always did the best they could do for all involved in any of the programs. Small town but a big heart.
Pros
small town
good first job
Student/Assistant Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Portales, NMJune 2, 2017
Working at my school was a good first job that put me into the working world. days included help during football practice and games as well as cleaning the athletic trainers room
good place
SODEXO SUPERVISOR HEAD COOK (Former Employee) –  Portales, NMMay 31, 2017
the staff and boss was nice to work there and wish I did not leave you can go anywhere with sodexo the café was nice and they know team work and willing to help you grow with sodexo
University
1 year of front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMMay 25, 2017
I was a student at Eastern for 2 years where i learned not only science but math and business. The professors were very professional but the also knew how to talk to students to get the best results.
Welcoming Work Place
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portales, NMMay 1, 2017
This work place becomes your family!! Everyone is so helping and welcoming. I laughed everyday at work and knew I could talk to anyone if I was having either a work problem or a personal problem. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the staff and students who came in to the office on a daily basic. The hardest part of the job was leaving!! I had to left to move back home to finish my schooling and it was a hard thing to deal with!!
Great and informative place to work
Supplemental Instructor/Tutor (Current Employee) –  Portales, NMMay 1, 2017
I learned many skills while working for the City of Albuquerque and Eastern New Mexico University. Working with a wide range of people has allowed me to strengthen my communication skills and customer service. Using my experience to guide and direct employees has taught me leadership skills along with common traits such as respect and kindness towards others, while being directive.
Pros
Good management, flexible schedule
Cons
N/a
Great work environement
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Roswell, NMApril 28, 2017
This was the best place I have ever worked and it is rewarding knowing that you are helping to improve the education of the next generation. To know that you are helping them to be successful in their career path in which they have chosen.
Great overall experience
Supplemental Instructional Leader (Former Employee) –  Portales, NMApril 10, 2017
Working for ENMU as a SI, supplemental instructional leader, was a great experience.

You were a glorified teachers assistant or tutor. You went to the class with the students that you would tutor outside of class to get the same instructions and notes that they would. I found this to be a great thing when it came to tutoring the students who may have missed class, being able to share the notes that you took with them. It gave me a chance to flex my creative muscles by having to help so many people of different backgrounds and learning styles. Not everyone learns on the same level.

Management was great and understanding. They helped work with you if you had issues with school or life.
Great place to get started in the workforce
STUDENT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Portales, NMApril 6, 2017
At Eastern, the students come first meaning you will have plenty of time to keep up with your studies. Most departments are well-managed, meaning you will both learn great employee skills but also meet cool people and friends that will last. Only complaint: as a student worker you can only make minimum wage, no matter how long you've been employed.
great benifits and retirement
Director of Aviation Programs (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMMarch 24, 2017
Great work schedule and start times. Learned a great deal about how the education system works on a state and federal level.Hardest part to the job was find allocation to my department. Best apart was the interaction with students and staff.
Very position office environment with study
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portales, NMMarch 20, 2017
I was able to continue my education and provide a job skill. I gained experience with clerical duties and professional attitude in a working environment. Working with the university professors in making copies of exams, lesson plans and other duties.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
Not enough working hours
TRIO specailist
Trio Specialist - Outreach (Former Employee) –  Portales, NMFebruary 3, 2017
The typical day was to educate students about the opportunities available to them to pursue a college degree. Opportunities such as financial assistance, taking the SAT tests to be eligible to be accepted to college, Tutoring services to complete high school, GED information and tutoring to achieve a GED, etc. I learned that many citizens, and I as well, are aware of the many opportunities and assistance there is for student to achieve a college degree. Supervisors were very unprofessional and inconsistent on coming to agreements to manage the employees. The enjoyable part was helping students and parents aware fo the availability of resources to achieve a higher education.
Pros
travel and close to home
Cons
poor management
Great and Friendly place to work
Adjunct Instructor, Freshmen Seminar (Former Employee) –  Portales, NMJanuary 17, 2017
The most enjoyable part about working for Eastern New Mexico University is the closeness you get with the other employees. Although they are a large employer for the area, everyone was treated as a part of the family.
fun workplace
Plant Technician (Current Employee) –  Portales, NMDecember 21, 2016
Very laid back, easy going, fun to work, and great co workers. learned how to care for plants. The management is great, very on top of things and aware of their AG department. hardest part of the job is knowing when not to water and what plants are which. I enjoy learning new things on plants.
Pros
laid back
Cons
deciding when to water and what to water
Productive and educational place to work
Coordinator, TRIO Upward Bound (Current Employee) –  Portales, NMDecember 18, 2016
- Being able to work with different individuals on a day to day bases.
- Educating high school students about college.
- Working with a great team of people to accomplish one goal is amazing.
- Hardest part about my job is not being able to connect with everyone and make sure they are being successful.
- Second part of the hardest part of my job is that not everyone is going to agree with you or the decisions being made.
- The one thing I enjoy the most about my job is that I can see the high school graduate from high school and move on to college and enjoy the time they have at their institution.
Pros
Being able to go with students to explore different colleges.
Cons
Short breaks.
Great place with great people
Student Services Coordinator/Business Instructor (Current Employee) –  Ruidoso, NMSeptember 27, 2016
This is a great place to work with many great employees. The staff and faculty truly care about the success of the students. Also the environment is in a beautiful location.
Satisfaction depends on department.
Receptionist, assorted posittions (Former Employee) –  Portales, NMJuly 5, 2016
I found it mostly enjoyable, minimum wage was pretty awful though. Currently the university won't give you more than 20 hours a week, I used to be able to work up to 30. However that's only as student hire. My supervisors were great, even the ones I didn't see eye-to-eye with, and most are very understanding and communicative.
a great experience for me
Student/Assistant Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Portales, NMMay 27, 2016
This was a great first job considering i got some free time to do my homework but i also got to learn a lot of things about being an athletic trainer
Pros
Got to do my homework
Helpful and fun work environment
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Portales, NMMay 27, 2016
The work study job at Eastern New Mexico University consisted of picking up and maintaining filing of electronic lab equipment, and also helping answer various questions by students about class lectures, important class dates, and any difficult material the students don't understand.
Pros
Allowed time for study while in school
Cons
low pay