Eastern Suffolk Boces

Eastern Suffolk Boces Employee Reviews

Special Education Aide (Current Employee), WHB, NYMay 9, 2015
Pros: good work hours
Cons: very low pay
Good work-life balance. Nice co-workers. Good work hours. Very low pay. Hard to advance. Learn to be patient. Good experience.
my job
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Port Jefferson, Centereach and other placesApril 26, 2015
Pros: the rewards are when my students succeed and I see the joy on their faces
Cons: when the fail..
If I did not enjoy teaching - simply put I would not do it.... I've been with ESBOCES for several years now and I find every year the students become more challenging as they would rather spend time on their IPADS or phones then doing actual work so for me I become more creative and ask the tech be put aside..
Working at Eastern Suffolk BOCES is a pleasure in regards to working with special needs children on a daily basis.
Special Education Aide (Current Employee), Patchogue, NYApril 19, 2015
Pros: To help special needs children on a daily basis
Cons: ten-month program a year
Working at Eastern Suffolk BOCES is a pleasure in regards to working with special needs children. The programs that Eastern Suffolk BOCES provide for the children are designed to build the children's daily life routines and teach the children appropriate behaviors. I work in a classroom environment with a team of individuals that provide the support for these children daily.
Bilingual Tutor
Bilingual Tutor (Former Employee), Riverhead, NYFebruary 22, 2015
great mission! i enjoyed the environment, I appreciate all experience and knowledge,I gained. I enjoyed working with children and families. my supervisor and co-workers were very supportive.
BOCES Premm Learning Center is an enjoyable place to work.
Substitute Para Educator Special Ed Aide (Current Employee), Patchogue, NYDecember 5, 2014
Pros: dances, parties, school gatherings, like family, i could take off when needed for my family no questions asked, flexible schedules as a sub.
Cons: not many openings for full time employment
I work with young children 5 yrs -18 yrs. who are physically and mentally challenged. In the past five years, I have a lot more respect for the teachers of special education. I am a patient, loving, compassionate and caring individual that has learned to work as a team and rely on each other for mental and physical support. Each child brings you joy in a different ways whether it be their achievements of goals or to get up out of a wheelchair and starting walking. Their successes are yours to share. When they move up to another school you see what their parents see that you were a part of helping them get there.

The hardest part of this job is the physical demands to keeping a child safe from themselves and others. It's difficult as a mother to know some children may never talk, walk, see or hear. I seem to know how to communicate with love and try to get them excited to be at school. They feel that and sometimes that's all they want is to know someone loves them.
good
Welding and Metal Fabrication Student (Former Employee), Oakdale, NYAugust 12, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: to short
good,and had lots of good memory's and wish i could go back and be a teacher.
Eastern Suffolk BOCES
Level II Clinical Experience (Former Employee), West Islip, NYJuly 28, 2014
A great learning experience for a Level II occupational therapy student.
employment is Productive and offers job security
School Social Worker (Current Employee), Port Jefferson, NYJuly 4, 2014
Pros: full range of health benefits for full time employees
Cons: hard to reach potential
Eastern Suffolk BOCES is a school for the Intellectually Disabled population of children, adolescents and teens. BOCES offers a wide range of programs and offers stability and growth for the employee.
Great Place to work
Student Data Services (Current Employee), Westhampton Beach, NYFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: no advancement
I work with a very smart, educated and personal co-workers and it is a very satisfying job.
Eastern Suffolk Boces
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee), Westhampton, NYAugust 26, 2013
I am a permanent substitute in West Hampton BOCES. I worked with Autistic and Behavioral Students from Kindergarten to age 21.
Wonderful enviroment for children and staff.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 7, 2013
Pros: students, co-workers
Cons: being a substitute, wanting more hours, want a steady job
Working with children on a daily basis. I would work on different learning skills and self help skills that are documented in there IEP's.

I learned that every student is unique and different. It is important to learn about the child before you work with them. Each child has there on IEP goals and learn differently.

The co-workers are wonderful. Each person is also unique and different and make the working environment enjoyable.

The hardest part of the job is not being able to go in everyday. I am a sub and I only go in when I am called to asked to fill in a spot.

I enjoy this job very much. It is a wonderful environment to work in.
great school
student (Former Employee), Islip, NYApril 26, 2013
loved this school had great teachers and i learned alot about what field i wanted to enter
Enjoyable
Substitute Teacher Aide (Former Employee), Holbrook, NYMarch 26, 2013
An enjoyable place to work if you like the kids that you are caring for. Working with mostly women usually causes some conflict and drama. However this job can be very rewarding.
Wonderful staff, excellent work place
Senior Account Clerk Typist (Former Employee), Holbrook, NYJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: professionally run business office.
Cons: no room for advancement.
I enjoyed the opportunities that were offered to me at my time of employment.

The staff was highly knowledgeable and easy to relate to.

My position was entry level and I yearned to advance within the company, utilizing my experience and background.

Was sorry I had to leave to find advancement.
Rewarding career
Teacher/Teacher's Assistant/Teacher's Aide (Current Employee), Patchogue, NYNovember 19, 2012
Typical work day involved working with aides and others to complete individual students learning needs. Hardest part of the job is seeing students struggling and becoming frustrated when not being able to perform how they want. Most enjoyable part is seeing the students light up when they learn something and enjoying being in school.
culinary arts
Chef/Caterer (Former Employee), Oakdale, NYOctober 29, 2012
A typical day at work was learning how to make all different kinds of foods , doughs and deserts. Classmates were great, very fun to work with and we all got along great, we all helped eachother whenever another classmate thoughs something was too difficult. The teachers were great also. The hardest part of the job was finding out that i didnt follow the recipe properly and my meal didnt come out correctly. The most enjoyable part of the job was the look on peoples faces as they tasted my meals.
Rewarding career
Dental Assisting Instructor (Current Employee), Bellport NYAugust 15, 2012
Teaching dental assisting to adults is challenging yet rewarding when your students are amazed at what they can accomplish. I enjoy seeing the transformation of the apprehensive student to the confident, self-assured, proud dental assistant in the making.
BOCES
Teacher Aid (Current Employee), Bellport, NYApril 22, 2012
Pros: rewarding experience
Cons: if not careful, could get hurt from aggressive students
Eastern Suffolk BOCES is a multifaceted program that offers students and adults training and education in a non conventional setting. The program will offer a variety of adaptive modality's that encourages and fosters growth to all individuals with severe intellectual disabilities. A typical day at work would include a class room setting working with 8 severely intellect disabled students who possess severe behavioral deficits. I work with a teacher and three aids and the dynamics include working with team efforts. the hardest part of the day is saying goodbye to the students because it is the most rewarding job that I ever had.I truly enjoy the students and I feel as though I am received rather well with this vulnerable population.
Producitve place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Jail Education Dept. & ESL Literacy ProgramFebruary 13, 2012
Worked in a organization that provided an array of courses in all areas, trades and technology.

Eastern Suffolk Boces Salaries