Eastern Suffolk Boces

Eastern Suffolk Boces Employer Reviews

Great Place to work
Student Data Services (Current Employee), Westhampton Beach, NYFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: no advancement
I work with a very smart, educated and personal co-workers and it is a very satisfying job.
Eastern Suffolk Boces
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee), Westhampton, NYAugust 26, 2013
I am a permanent substitute in West Hampton BOCES. I worked with Autistic and Behavioral Students from Kindergarten to age 21.
Wonderful enviroment for children and staff.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 7, 2013
Pros: students, co-workers
Cons: being a substitute, wanting more hours, want a steady job
Working with children on a daily basis. I would work on different learning skills and self help skills that are documented in there IEP's.

I learned that every student is unique and different. It is important to learn about the child before you work with them. Each child has there on IEP goals and learn differently.

The co-workers are wonderful. Each – more... person is also unique and different and make the working environment enjoyable.

The hardest part of the job is not being able to go in everyday. I am a sub and I only go in when I am called to asked to fill in a spot.

I enjoy this job very much. It is a wonderful environment to work in. – less
great school
student (Former Employee), Islip, NYApril 26, 2013
loved this school had great teachers and i learned alot about what field i wanted to enter
Enjoyable
Substitute Teacher Aide (Former Employee), Holbrook, NYMarch 26, 2013
An enjoyable place to work if you like the kids that you are caring for. Working with mostly women usually causes some conflict and drama. However this job can be very rewarding.
Wonderful staff, excellent work place
Senior Account Clerk Typist (Former Employee), Holbrook, NYJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: professionally run business office.
Cons: no room for advancement.
I enjoyed the opportunities that were offered to me at my time of employment.

The staff was highly knowledgeable and easy to relate to.

My position was entry level and I yearned to advance within the company, utilizing my experience and background.

Was sorry I had to leave to find advancement.
Rewarding career
Teacher/Teacher's Assistant/Teacher's Aide (Current Employee), Patchogue, NYNovember 19, 2012
Typical work day involved working with aides and others to complete individual students learning needs. Hardest part of the job is seeing students struggling and becoming frustrated when not being able to perform how they want. Most enjoyable part is seeing the students light up when they learn something and enjoying being in school.
culinary arts
Chef/Caterer (Former Employee), Oakdale, NYOctober 29, 2012
A typical day at work was learning how to make all different kinds of foods , doughs and deserts. Classmates were great, very fun to work with and we all got along great, we all helped eachother whenever another classmate thoughs something was too difficult. The teachers were great also. The hardest part of the job was finding out that i didnt follow – more... the recipe properly and my meal didnt come out correctly. The most enjoyable part of the job was the look on peoples faces as they tasted my meals. – less
Rewarding career
Dental Assisting Instructor (Current Employee), Bellport NYAugust 15, 2012
Teaching dental assisting to adults is challenging yet rewarding when your students are amazed at what they can accomplish. I enjoy seeing the transformation of the apprehensive student to the confident, self-assured, proud dental assistant in the making.
BOCES
Teacher Aid (Current Employee), Bellport, NYApril 22, 2012
Pros: rewarding experience
Cons: if not careful, could get hurt from aggressive students
Eastern Suffolk BOCES is a multifaceted program that offers students and adults training and education in a non conventional setting. The program will offer a variety of adaptive modality's that encourages and fosters growth to all individuals with severe intellectual disabilities. A typical day at work would include a class room setting working with – more... 8 severely intellect disabled students who possess severe behavioral deficits. I work with a teacher and three aids and the dynamics include working with team efforts. the hardest part of the day is saying goodbye to the students because it is the most rewarding job that I ever had.I truly enjoy the students and I feel as though I am received rather well with this vulnerable population. – less
Producitve place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Jail Education Dept. & ESL Literacy ProgramFebruary 13, 2012
Worked in a organization that provided an array of courses in all areas, trades and technology.