Eastern University Employee Reviews

Eastern
Athletic Event Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Wayne, PADecember 11, 2017
Even though I am an undergraduate student, I have gotten to work with the athletics department at Eastern University. Eastern University needs to develop better planning and strategies within the athletic department, in order for things to run smoothly.
Good
Assistant Librarian (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 2, 2017
it's a good place to be a federal student-employee. They are respectful and considerate with others.
It is a great place with multicultural and religious believes.
Friendly faculty, staff and students
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  St. Davids, PANovember 14, 2017
Eastern University is going through some financial difficulties due to continued lack of enrollment. Faculty and staff have been getting lay offs and the moral have been dropping.
Pros
friendly atmosphere and tuition benefits
Cons
low pay, moral and very difficult to advance
No raise in 5 years and hard to move up too much expected for the pay
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  St. Davids, PANovember 5, 2017
I've work at Eastern university for almost 10 years and in those years things have been going downhill. Management are not totally honest with employees and many things are kept hidden. Too much money is spent on cosmetic upgrades to the university and they try to squeeze every single cent out of the students. Security presence on campus is poor and supervisor is rude to the students.
Pros
Friendly students, staff and faculty
Cons
Low pay, too much expected, high tuition and student parking
Productive and educational enviroment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAOctober 8, 2017
You can learn a lot at this company but, you have to want to learn. They give you many opportunities and you can advance as long as your willing to follow the rules and work hard.
Pros
You experience a diverse culture of people and food
Cons
I had to leave my position
Educational Work Enviroment
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Saint Davids, PAAugust 22, 2017
Eastern University is an excellent place to learn, grow, and meet people. All of the employees are excited and willing to assist each individual who they come into contact with.
Pros
committed work enviroment
Cons
low pay
Develops Leaders
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Saint Davids, PAAugust 14, 2017
My work as a resident assistant at Eastern was positive in that Eastern strove to teach me more about being a positive leader within the community. Eastern pushed me to be better and to go outside of my comfort zone.
layoff
Computer Services / Reference Librarian (Former Employee) –  Saint Davids, PAJune 10, 2017
I was caught in a major restructuring which resulted in 40 layoffs at the University. there were significan financial issues which resulted in many years of wage freezes and downsizing.
Review
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Davids, PAMay 22, 2017
I love Eastern. I love its mission, I love the people, but the administration is incompetent and compensation is abysmally low. Great professors and great students.
Productive & Understanding Staff
Enrollment Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Davids, PAMay 4, 2017
Working here as a student has many benefits. The staff is understanding of you having to balance work and studies. Overall they are good at communicating their expectations of you and others.
Excellent Christian culture.
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Saint Davids, PAJanuary 29, 2017
The curriculum allows instructors to practice their Christian Faith by applying aspects of the Christian faith into the business concepts of the courses.
Pros
Enthusiastic culture that encourages students to assume responsibility for thier education.
Cons
Some dffculties in communication to Faculty and Students.
Great Place
Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Saint Davids, PANovember 17, 2016
Eastern is awesome. Beautiful campus, in the Main Line. Can be a great opportunity for someone to grow as an individual and find themselves.
Engaging and challenging in a very competitive higher ed environment
Controller (Current Employee) –  Saint Davids, PAMay 10, 2016
Eastern University is an enjoyable place to work with an ability to enjoy the campus beautiful grounds and interact with students. We have spent the last two years implementing a software that will allow for self service for both students and employees for on line time reporting, benefit open enrollment, direct deposit and W-2 document access and of course for student on line course and accounts receivable access.

Striving for efficient, accurate and understandable reporting of data to end users and meeting the requirement continuing compliance requirements in a budget sensitive environment is a constant challenge. Allocation of financial resources to student, faculty, staff and building and property maintenance is a required goal.
Good for student workers
Grounds Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Davids, PAApril 11, 2016
This was a great college job. I enjoyed my time there an learned lots of different skills. It was very flexible with my school work and their needs
At a crossroads
Staff/faculty (Former Employee) –  St. Davids, PAFebruary 11, 2016
Some great staff and students, and some inspiring examples of lived out Christian faith. However, the school is in the midst of a huge identity crisis: What does it mean for Eastern to be Christian? Will it take the hard road of biblical fidelity, or follow the easy path of our culture in its pursuit of more students?
Pros
Frequent holidays, slower summer pace (in some departments), and flexibility with working hours. Tuition remission is a nice benefit, but only if you have college age kids!
Cons
Poor pay, crumbling morale, ideological divisions
Poor Management
Network and VMware Windows Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Saint Davids, PAJanuary 12, 2016
Eastern is a very nice place. The people here are very friendly. However the structure and management of this place is not good. There is no room for growth. Salaries/Compensation is horrible. You do not get salary increases yearly, or bonus's, or cost of living adjustment.
Pros
Paid Holidays
Cons
No Growth, Poor Management
Office like environment
MAAC AMBASSADOR OF STUDENT DEVELOPMENT (Former Employee) –  Saint Davids, PADecember 23, 2015
I learned how to work with people from different backgrounds and cultures in a professional setting. I also enjoyed hearing other people's stories and how they got to Eastern University.
Pros
Students
Supportive Teamwork-Oriented Workplace
administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 9, 2015
Great work place with very supportive and encouraging management that invests in our success. The best part of the job is the human interaction and the opportunity to work with various teams in order to reach a common goal.
Productive and fun work place.
School Counseling Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PANovember 9, 2015
You would enjoy working with this company if you are adventurous because no two days are the same. My supervisor was amazing. I learned so much from her. She was organized and professional.The students were friendly and very open. I wasn't expecting to feel so comfortable so soon as I did. My supervisor had many years of experience working as a school counselor. She explained everything that I need to know and do precisely, and led by example.
Pros
Flexible schedules, weekends and holidays off
Cons
Unpaid internship
Excellent place to learn
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  St. Davids PASeptember 28, 2015
I currently teach in the graduate school and am impressed with the caliber of the students. Those people seeking to bring social and economic justice to the world by using the skills they learn at Eastern have found a unique place.