Eastern University Employee Reviews in United States

At a crossroads
Staff/faculty (Former Employee) –  St. Davids, PAFebruary 11, 2016
Some great staff and students, and some inspiring examples of lived out Christian faith. However, the school is in the midst of a huge identity crisis: What does it mean for Eastern to be Christian? Will it take the hard road of biblical fidelity, or follow the easy path of our culture in its pursuit of more students?
Pros
Frequent holidays, slower summer pace (in some departments), and flexibility with working hours. Tuition remission is a nice benefit, but only if you have college age kids!
Cons
Poor pay, crumbling morale, ideological divisions
Poor Management
Network and VMware Windows Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Saint Davids, PAJanuary 12, 2016
Eastern is a very nice place. The people here are very friendly. However the structure and management of this place is not good. There is no room for growth. Salaries/Compensation is horrible. You do not get salary increases yearly, or bonus's, or cost of living adjustment.
Pros
Paid Holidays
Cons
No Growth, Poor Management
Office like environment
MAAC AMBASSADOR OF STUDENT DEVELOPMENT (Former Employee) –  Saint Davids, PADecember 23, 2015
I learned how to work with people from different backgrounds and cultures in a professional setting. I also enjoyed hearing other people's stories and how they got to Eastern University.
Pros
Students
Supportive Teamwork-Oriented Workplace
administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 9, 2015
Great work place with very supportive and encouraging management that invests in our success. The best part of the job is the human interaction and the opportunity to work with various teams in order to reach a common goal.
Productive and fun work place.
School Counseling Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PANovember 9, 2015
You would enjoy working with this company if you are adventurous because no two days are the same. My supervisor was amazing. I learned so much from her. She was organized and professional.The students were friendly and very open. I wasn't expecting to feel so comfortable so soon as I did. My supervisor had many years of experience working as a school counselor. She explained everything that I need to know and do precisely, and led by example.
Pros
Flexible schedules, weekends and holidays off
Cons
Unpaid internship
Excellent place to learn
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  St. Davids PASeptember 28, 2015
I currently teach in the graduate school and am impressed with the caliber of the students. Those people seeking to bring social and economic justice to the world by using the skills they learn at Eastern have found a unique place.
Very professional staff and a pleasant work environment
Medical Billing and Coding Professor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 28, 2015
I have had the pleasure of working at several different schools allowing me to take away experiences that have help me grow and offer my students the knowledge I have been blessed to receive.

Eastern University is no exception, my goal always is to do the job I am hired for, the environment there is conducive to learning and growing strong students.
Pros
Reputation
I have great memories!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cabo Rojo, Puerto RicoJuly 7, 2015
Working in the University of the East in Cabo Rojo, under the education system Ana G Mendez, is a professional and very personal growth experience. They have an excellent team, as well as its faculty and students.
Catch Up to Times
Assistant Coach/Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Davids, PAJune 16, 2015
The University is invested in the improving its facilities which will make a huge impact on their enrollment. Their culture, philosophy and values are also very important.
Great
ASSISTANT & TUTOR (Current Employee) –  PAMarch 4, 2015
Eastern University is a wonderful place to work at, and everyone is friendly and helpful. The most enjoyable aspect is getting to interact with other students and handling various tasks. It's a rewarding job.

Want to know more about Eastern University?

Ask a question
Be prepared to work hard for little reward
Enrollment (Current Employee) –  Saint Davids, PANovember 18, 2014
You really have to take charge of your career; the career progression is not clearly defined. The compensation is low compared to similar positions at larger colleges and universities. Change is very slow, even though there are glaring inefficiencies which can sometimes be a hindrance to progress. The future, however, is looking a little brighter for the first time in a very long time.

Employees go the extra mile to ensure that students have a great experience; that is the pride and joy of working at Eastern. You will be a life changer if you work in the enrollment department, and the people that you work with are some of the best people that you will ever encounter.
Pros
great people
Cons
poor career advancement, low compensation
Great Job
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Saint Davids, PANovember 14, 2014
• Provided transportation to 30 freshman college students three times a week for their mandatory community service hours
• Tutored kindergarten through 8th grade students in Chester County and chaperoned on student field trips
• Earned commendations for teamwork, flexibility and excellence for my duties
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no cons
nice experience
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Saint Davids, PAOctober 8, 2014
help people with their course work
feel rewarded and people are nice
Productive and energetic work place
Student Accounts Associate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Davids, PASeptember 22, 2014
Help Students and family with figuring out account balances.
Work with Accounting Office on balancing account summaries

I am more detailed oriented then I thought, accuracy is a plus

Management was wonderful in trying to make sure errors on accounts got corrected.

Co-Workers were the best a person could have

Hardest part of job was calming parents down when an error occurred on there child's account and how to pay the balance due.

The most enjoyable part was my coworkers and being able to bounce questions off of them to figure out the best way to answer questions.
Active Work Environment
Assistant to the Sports Information Director (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAMay 26, 2014
When I would go into work at my old university I was involved in the Eastern University Athletic's department. I would walk into work and always be greeted by the friendly staff there, and would help get the information (programs, promo's, etc) ready for whatever games were happening that week. I learned how to work in a team atmosphere, how to write for the public, how to telecommunicate as well as communicate with people older/younger/and higher up then myself, and I learned how to edit video. The hardest part of the job was having to input that statistics for every game I am not a great numbers person so figuring out all of the percentages was a very time consuming task. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to verbally announce most of the women's sports as well as the baseball games. This was by far the most enjoyable part of the job and the part that intrigued me the most.
Pros
great people, sports, announcing, good work environment
Cons
tedious tasks
Financial Services
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 24, 2014
Process Customer Loan Request. Process payment to customer account. etc
Academic engaging and supportive
FACULTY POSITIONS (Current Employee) –  Saint Davids, PAFebruary 16, 2014
Eastern is a value-based culture. Students are engaged and serious about their work.
Pros
relaxing and focused
Cons
low salary
Supportive work community
Chemistry and Biology Tutor (Former Employee) –  Saint Davids, PAJanuary 17, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Eastern University in my free time around my class schedule. I learned a lot of new techniques as a lab assistant and I gained leadership and communication skills as a tutor.
Great Experience
Ambassador/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 19, 2013
normal day to day work in administrations.
I learned that I have a gift in motivating others, encouraging others to attend the college.
Management was okay.
my co-workers was awesome and we always encourage one another and show each other team spirit.
The Hardest part of the job is not making the goals we had set for our department.
The most enjoyable part of the job seeing a new student excited to start a new chapter in their lives.
Pros
events, gatherings
Cons
short breaks, healthcare etc.
Intense
Marketing Research Green Emissions Project (Former Employee) –  Saint Davids, PAMarch 8, 2013
I worked with a class of Marketing Majors to conduct a survey to see if students were willing to carpool and take other modes of transportation, to save emissions. It was a short assignment, but was cool to see the results. The hardest part of the job was coming up with questions that would be the most useful.