Eastern University

Eastern University Employer Reviews

Great Job
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Saint Davids, PANovember 14, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no cons
• Provided transportation to 30 freshman college students three times a week for their mandatory community service hours
• Tutored kindergarten through 8th grade students in Chester County and chaperoned on student field trips
• Earned commendations for teamwork, flexibility and excellence for my duties
nice experience
Tutor (Former Employee), Saint Davids, PAOctober 8, 2014
help people with their course work
feel rewarded and people are nice
Productive and energetic work place
Student Accounts Associate / Cashier (Former Employee), Saint Davids, PASeptember 22, 2014
Help Students and family with figuring out account balances.
Work with Accounting Office on balancing account summaries

I am more detailed oriented then I thought, accuracy is a plus

Management was wonderful in trying to make sure errors on accounts got corrected.

Co-Workers were the best a person could have

Hardest part of job was calming parents down when an error occurred on there child's account and how to pay the balance due.

The most enjoyable part was my coworkers and being able to bounce questions off of them to figure out the best way to answer questions.
Active Work Environment
Assistant to the Sports Information Director (Former Employee), Wayne, PAMay 26, 2014
Pros: great people, sports, announcing, good work environment
Cons: tedious tasks
When I would go into work at my old university I was involved in the Eastern University Athletic's department. I would walk into work and always be greeted by the friendly staff there, and would help get the information (programs, promo's, etc) ready for whatever games were happening that week. I learned how to work in a team atmosphere, how to write for the public, how to telecommunicate as well as communicate with people older/younger/and higher up then myself, and I learned how to edit video. The hardest part of the job was having to input that statistics for every game I am not a great numbers person so figuring out all of the percentages was a very time consuming task. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to verbally announce most of the women's sports as well as the baseball games. This was by far the most enjoyable part of the job and the part that intrigued me the most.
Financial Services
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 24, 2014
Process Customer Loan Request. Process payment to customer account. etc
Academic engaging and supportive
FACULTY POSITIONS (Current Employee), Saint Davids, PAFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: relaxing and focused
Cons: low salary
Eastern is a value-based culture. Students are engaged and serious about their work.
Supportive work community
Chemistry and Biology Tutor (Former Employee), Saint Davids, PAJanuary 17, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Eastern University in my free time around my class schedule. I learned a lot of new techniques as a lab assistant and I gained leadership and communication skills as a tutor.
Great Experience
Ambassador/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 19, 2013
Pros: events, gatherings
Cons: short breaks, healthcare etc.
normal day to day work in administrations.
I learned that I have a gift in motivating others, encouraging others to attend the college.
Management was okay.
my co-workers was awesome and we always encourage one another and show each other team spirit.
The Hardest part of the job is not making the goals we had set for our department.
The most enjoyable part of the job seeing a new student excited to start a new chapter in their lives.
Intense
Marketing Research Green Emissions Project (Former Employee), Saint Davids, PAMarch 8, 2013
I worked with a class of Marketing Majors to conduct a survey to see if students were willing to carpool and take other modes of transportation, to save emissions. It was a short assignment, but was cool to see the results. The hardest part of the job was coming up with questions that would be the most useful.
Extremely open and wonderful community to be a part of
Development Programs Coordinator (Current Employee), Saint Davids, PAMarch 6, 2013
Pros: excellent team and students and a great place to learn and collaborate
Cons: not much room for growth and compensation is not encouraging
A typical day at work is filled with stress, but the team and the students I served, made it all worthwhile. I loved the opportunity to collaborate with senior leadership, and the effortless way faculty and leaders teach you. My coworkers were more like a family, we genuinely cared for each other, and that was evident to outsiders. The hardest part of the job was knowing there was no room to grow beyond a certain level, and the level of compensation. The most amazing part of the job, was the reason I selected this opportunity in the first place, the wonderful students I served daily.
Admin/Clerical
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Davids, PANovember 5, 2012
Filed, faxed, and copied important documents. Managed telephone system and transferred calls to appropriate staff member. Typed important documents upon staff’s request. Managed music concerts and recitals. Organized collegiate presentations.
A supportive work environment with Christian values
Assistant to the Associate Dean for Research (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 4, 2012
Pros: friendly people; long christmas break
Cons: no christmas bonus, little training
I enjoyed my time at Eastern, at one of the urban campus in downtown Philadelphia. I wouldn't trade it for the world. I met great people and grew a nice network there as I completed my master of science degree. I only worked part time but full time employees receive tuition reimbursement.
Productive and rewarding place to work at department level. Very entrepreneurial
Director of Advancement & Administration (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 29, 2012
Pros: work
Cons: limited internal staff development and advancement opportunities
Was a very illuminating experience to be involved with academia having come from a corporate background. Was surprised at the lack of accountability at program level across programs in general and across higher education institutions. Co-workers were great but senior level management had been around a little too long and new ideas and innovation were tough to implement as channels and venues for doing this were limited due to the organizational culture. I learned the value of collegiality and great insight into higher education in general.
this is a job that teaches me how to be professional
Safety & Security Officer (Former Employee), Saint Davids, PAAugust 10, 2012
Pros: free meals
Cons: schedules in the summer time
the management care of this team keeps me grounded on my duties as a team member
Hard working environment but it is outdoors and working with college aged soccer players
Assistant Men's Soccer Coach (Current Employee), Wayne, PAApril 18, 2012
Pros: make my own schedule, meals/gas paid for.
Cons: low pay and cant have another job.
A normal day, I would do recruiting calls/emails throughout the day. I would come to practice about an hour early, set up everything. Practice would then run for an hour and a half. then we would clean up after practice and head home for the evening.
Learning to be an educator at Eastern
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Norristown, PAApril 11, 2012
Pros: part-time
Cons: small classes
I have learned to be an educator at Eastern. I love teaching adult learners who are interested in pursuing a career in D&A services.