Eastern Washington University

Eastern Washington University Employee Reviews

Nice mindless manual labor
Grounds Department Gardener (Current Employee), Cheney WaApril 16, 2015
I do simple things at the grounds department, like look after the health and well being of the shrubs, trees, lawns, and the overall look of campus. i enjoy it for one, i work at 6 in the morning before class which means i have the rest of the day to focus on my studies, and two, the department allows 'school first' if i need. i can rearrange scheduling to work around me and my school work which is most important.
Great experience and excellent coworkers
Tech-Eze Consultant (Former Employee), Cheney, WAMarch 9, 2015
I enjoyed working for EWU because it gave me the experience I was looking for working with both computers and the local community.
Great University
Student (Former Employee), Cheney, WAFebruary 9, 2015
Eastern was a great university with professors that really took time to make sure their students succeeded. I would certainly recommend to other students looking for a quality education for a fair tuition
Help Desk
Internship (Former Employee), Cheney, WAJanuary 30, 2015
Very easy position to work at while you are attending college. However as a student did a lot of work that full time people were supposed to do.
productive learning in teaching students
Lab Assistant TA (Current Employee), Cheney WAJanuary 27, 2015
A typical day at work is going into the computer labs, and answering any questions students may have. I learned how to be patient with students when they don't know exactly what to do or how to get through certain steps. I've proctored tests and graded papers, and the hardest part of the job is when a student isn't happy with the grade they're given and they try to "fight" for a better grade.
Productive and educational work environment
Bat Survey Technician (Former Employee), Cheney, WAJanuary 19, 2015
I enjoyed continuing my education while gaining experience working with graduate students.
Depending on your department it can be a great place to work.
Intern (Current Employee), Cheney WashingtonJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: on campus, good people
Cons: politics
EWU is a great place to work, the people there truly care about each other and the management can be great to work for.
Productivity in the newsroom
Page Designer for The Easterner (Former Employee), Cheney, WANovember 13, 2014
The week began with a staff meeting, where editors and writers got together to review the previous week's issue. By the end of the meeting, new assignments and deadlines were handed out. Throughout my time working with the student newspaper, I have experienced office politics, diversity issues among the staff and how they were resolved, and how to run a success newsroom. My editors were always hard on us, making sure we met deadline and upheld the ethnics of journalism. They were also very supportive, helping us whenever we were stuck on a story or had issues with an evading source. The hardest part of the job was remembering that I was also a student; that school had to come first. Keeping up with the work and the pressure was hard, but in a good way. It was hard in the way that we knew that by working through it, we would come out a better reporter. The job was like the most popular roller coaster at the fair. Everyone wanted on and no one wanted off. The fast working environment taught me time management and how to hone my writing and communication skills. Working for The Easterner gave me the opportunities to research things I wouldn't normally consider; things such as baseball and football. The job also gave me the chance to network and get to know my campus more. The reporting part challenged me to ask the tough questions and to know as much as possible.
Fun work place
Tutor/Office Assistant (Former Employee), Cheney, WANovember 2, 2014
Here I doubled as both an office assistant and a tutor to fellow student athletes. I answered phones, filed paperwork, set up quarterly class schedules, and tutored in subjects such as math, english, and literature.
Being a facilitator
PLUS Group Facilitator (Former Employee), Library commonsJuly 15, 2014
Pros: satisfaction, lots of experience with office administration
Cons: nothing
The experience I received at Eastern Washington was beyond none. They had all the training you could imagine for you to succeed there. They were built for you to not fail. My co-workers were very helpful. Everyone help each other in times of need and we all did it with a smile. The hardest part of the job was the preparation. Being a facilitator, I had to prepare lesson plans for each session and ready myself for anything the students asked that I may not have covered. I think the most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction on the students' faces. They liked coming to the sessions.
Great work life balance working at the JFK Library
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Cheney, WAMarch 5, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: work longer days during finals
Worked around class schedules and time off requests. Great on campus job.
Loved working at EWU
Greenhouse Manager (Former Employee), Cheney, WAMarch 4, 2014
Great company to work for. Loved my bosses and most of my coworkers.
Great Job
Intramural Office Assistant (Current Employee), Cheney, WAFebruary 16, 2014
I've been with the Intramural dept. for over three years now. I started out as a basic score keeper and moved my way up into an office assistant. It's an easy going, laid back work enviroment, and the schedule is set around you.
fun workplace with great employees
Equipment Manager (Current Employee), Cheney, WAJanuary 19, 2014
flexible and friendly work place. A company that cares about their employees
Go Eags!
University Bookstore Employee (Former Employee), Cheney, WADecember 23, 2013
University Bookstore has the best people you'll ever work with!
Good people to work with
Trainer (Current Employee), Nampa IdahoDecember 5, 2013
I am a foster and adoption trainer, love doing this work and working with the department.
Learning and fun experience
International Peer Adviser/ Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Cheney, WANovember 5, 2013
I helped international students adapt to the American lifestyle. I counselled, advised, and guide them with academic as well as with personnel problems. I learned so much from students about various cultures and backgrounds.
Dynamic, with many responsibilities
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Spokane, WashingtonSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: great leaders
Cons: one professor was incredibly rude and loud.
I really enjoyed my time as Graduate Assistant in the MBA department at EWU. I was given lots of work that I enjoyed doing. My supervisors were very supportive and provided lots of insight that added to my understanding of the impact of my jobs on the department.
Excellent University
INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee), Cheney, WAAugust 16, 2013
Pros: programs offered.
Cons: location.
Nice campus and facility. As an instructor for a short period of time I learned a great deal about dealing with people and the learning process.
The Hardest Part
ROTC Cadet (Current Employee), Cheney, WAAugust 8, 2013
Pros: opportunities, high standard and expectations, close knit
Cons: stress, pay, never had a break
The most difficult part is by far time management. With having to juggle school and what ends up being a full time commitment to the program, finding time for anything else has challenged me. I`ve been through the toughest part of the program and am now ready for the next step which has allowed me more time for other opportunities just before graduation.

About Eastern Washington University

Tradition Eastern Washington University is a regional, comprehensive public university located in Cheney, Wash., with programs – Read more