Eastern Washington University

Eastern Washington University Employer Reviews

Being a facilitator
PLUS Group Facilitator (Former Employee), Library commonsJuly 15, 2014
Pros: satisfaction, lots of experience with office administration
Cons: nothing
The experience I received at Eastern Washington was beyond none. They had all the training you could imagine for you to succeed there. They were built for you to not fail. My co-workers were very helpful. Everyone help each other in times of need and we all did it with a smile. The hardest part of the job was the preparation. Being a facilitator, I – more... had to prepare lesson plans for each session and ready myself for anything the students asked that I may not have covered. I think the most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction on the students' faces. They liked coming to the sessions. – less
Great work life balance working at the JFK Library
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Cheney, WAMarch 5, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: work longer days during finals
Worked around class schedules and time off requests. Great on campus job.
Loved working at EWU
Greenhouse Manager (Former Employee), Cheney, WAMarch 4, 2014
Great company to work for. Loved my bosses and most of my coworkers.
Great Job
Intramural Office Assistant (Current Employee), Cheney, WAFebruary 16, 2014
I've been with the Intramural dept. for over three years now. I started out as a basic score keeper and moved my way up into an office assistant. It's an easy going, laid back work enviroment, and the schedule is set around you.
fun workplace with great employees
Equipment Manager (Current Employee), Cheney, WAJanuary 19, 2014
flexible and friendly work place. A company that cares about their employees
Go Eags!
University Bookstore Employee (Former Employee), Cheney, WADecember 23, 2013
University Bookstore has the best people you'll ever work with!
Good people to work with
Trainer (Current Employee), Nampa IdahoDecember 5, 2013
I am a foster and adoption trainer, love doing this work and working with the department.
Learning and fun experience
International Peer Adviser/ Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Cheney, WANovember 5, 2013
I helped international students adapt to the American lifestyle. I counselled, advised, and guide them with academic as well as with personnel problems. I learned so much from students about various cultures and backgrounds.
Dynamic, with many responsibilities
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Spokane, WashingtonSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: great leaders
Cons: one professor was incredibly rude and loud.
I really enjoyed my time as Graduate Assistant in the MBA department at EWU. I was given lots of work that I enjoyed doing. My supervisors were very supportive and provided lots of insight that added to my understanding of the impact of my jobs on the department.
Excellent University
INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee), Cheney, WAAugust 16, 2013
Pros: programs offered.
Cons: location.
Nice campus and facility. As an instructor for a short period of time I learned a great deal about dealing with people and the learning process.
The Hardest Part
ROTC Cadet (Current Employee), Cheney, WAAugust 8, 2013
Pros: opportunities, high standard and expectations, close knit
Cons: stress, pay, never had a break
The most difficult part is by far time management. With having to juggle school and what ends up being a full time commitment to the program, finding time for anything else has challenged me. I`ve been through the toughest part of the program and am now ready for the next step which has allowed me more time for other opportunities just before graduation.
Great work place
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Cheney, WAAugust 7, 2013
Pros: positive work enviroment
Cons: no health benefits because it was only workstudy
I loved working for Eastern Washington University. Great staff and great supervisor. Gain a lot of work experience.
I Loved Working At Eastern.
Graduate Assistant of Orchestras and Library Page (Former Employee), Cheney, WAJuly 25, 2013
Pros: the work, the people, the management, the hours
Cons: wish i was still a music librarian and library page (i graduated)
I served as a library page, a music librarian and a Graduate Assistant. I learned so much when I was there and I did many duties within JFK Library and the Music Department. I maintained shelves, checked in books, checked out books and shelved media. I did PR for the concerts and wrote program notes. I loved those jobs very much! They taught me some – more... great skills. – less
Position provided exposure and opportunities to learn and practice practical skills
Interim Health Education Coordinator (Current Employee), Cheney, WashingtonJuly 24, 2013
Pros: being able to work with and for the student population
Cons: unclear expectations
I researched, designed, and implemented prevention programs that were presented to the university community (students, faculty, staff). The primary purpose of these programs were to provide preventative education for students around the subjects of substance use, sexual health and responsibility, nutrition, fitness, stress, and violence. I was responsible – more... for supervising 5 student Peer Advisor staff members, as they provided peer education to EWU students. I also provided follow-up meetings with students who had been found responsible for violating the university's alcohol code of conduct, utilizing Motivational Interviewing to address usage.
Management, for the most part, has been supportive. However, my experience has been one of frustration due to an immense gap in communication between what my supervisor envisions and what has actually been verbally expressed. This created multiple hurdles for each member of this department, individually and as a group. – less
Loved the people I worked with in the kitchen
Pizza Chef (Former Employee), Cheney, WashingtonJune 2, 2013
I would make pizzas in the kitchen and have fun working with the head chefs. I learned how to make pizzas.
Good.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Cheney, WAFebruary 5, 2013
Good. Everyone was easy to work with and fun. My co-workers were fellow students so we had a lot in common. I met several interesting professors.
Work-Study
TA (Former Employee), Cheney, WAJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: working with others.
Working with other students was a very fulfilling. Grading papers was a special time for me to get to know the strengths and weaknesses of the students, which helped me to help them more effectively.
Productive, Nice hours
Intramural Office Assistant (Current Employee), Cheney, WAJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: sports, easy
Easy and enjoyable job. Great for college students. If you have a love for sports this will be a great job. Short hours of easy yet steady work.
Very educational
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Cheney, WAOctober 27, 2012
Would research different disabilities and send information to supervisor. Edited articles written/prepared for publication.
Flexible Schedule
Records and Registration Office Program Specialist (Current Employee), Cheney, WAJune 7, 2012
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: no job advancement
Good working environment friendly people, excellent on job training.

About Eastern Washington University

Tradition Eastern Washington University is a regional, comprehensive public university located in Cheney, Wash., with programs – Read more