Eastern Washington University Employee Reviews

wonderful place to work
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheney, WASeptember 15, 2017
the typical day was nice and relaxed . i learned great deal about different subjects of study. I loved all my mangers to death. workplace was always relaxed . the most enjoyable part of the job is being around staff and patrons and free food occasionally.
Pros
relaxed friendly staff
Cons
part time hours
Fun
Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cheney, WASeptember 12, 2017
This is a perfect job for a student. You can only work this job if you are attending classes at EWU. Everyday I went into work was a blast. I loved the clientele and the employees that I worked with.
Supportive and family friendly academic environment
Assistant Professor of Social Work (Current Employee) –  Cheney, WAAugust 22, 2017
Excellent place to work if you want to achieve life/work balance. Great leadership. Supportive direct supervisors and colleagues. Opportunities for collaborative work with other departments. Big emphasis on student learning and growth, and community involvement.
Pros
small town, community, student centered school
Cons
lower pay, lack of resources for research
Excellent
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheney, WAAugust 12, 2017
Of all the jobs I have ever held this one had the absolute most excellent people to work with and for in all regards from personality and to work proficiency.
Fun place to work
Sports Official (Former Employee) –  Cheney, WAAugust 10, 2017
This is a college student's dream job. Your role includes watching all types of college sports games and keeping score. You work with other students to ensure everyone is safe while having the time of their lives.
Campus Recreation is a great place to be.
Graduate Asst (Former Employee) –  Cheney, WAAugust 2, 2017
Great environment to work, learned valuable day to day operations skills. Really enjoyed the people who work there, students best interests at the heart of all that they do.
Student Accounting Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheney, WAAugust 1, 2017
It is hard to rate this place due to the fact that I was a part time student employee. Besides that fact it was a great place to work. I think the culture was great and as a student I can say that I felt like I was treated greatly by the employees here.
Pros
Great work environment
productive and welcome environment
Graduate teacher assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheney, WAJuly 24, 2017
EWU is a great university that provides educational careers for students. the EWU library is one of the common educational resources students most use.
Pros
Free Wifi, free access to gym, bus transportation.
Educational, higher learning environment
Office Aide III (Current Employee) –  Cheney, WAJuly 21, 2017
I love working for EWU the land of the eagles. The staff includes team players who really want to help students succeed. I graduated from EWU myself & love their programs.
Pros
Beautiful Environment
Cons
Budget cuts
Rewarding job experience
Mentor, Pathways Program (Current Employee) –  Cheney, WAJuly 13, 2017
Grew in communication skills as well with organization. Learned more about the resources on campus, and how to reach out to others. Fun job helping freshman.
Great Place to work for a college student trying to get experience!
Marketing Design Intern (Current Employee) –  Cheney, WAJuly 13, 2017
Great Place to work for a college student trying to get experience! I worked there and loved the work and fellow employees. Wish I didn't have to leave because I took a higher paying job that I just couldn't pass on.
Pros
Best place I ever worked!
Cons
Didn't pay minimum wage or have benifits :/
Teaching at Eastern is Great!
Instructor, Adjunct (Former Employee) –  Cheney, WAJuly 1, 2017
Being an adjunct instructor at Eastern is wonderful. The class sizes are manageable, the classrooms are up to date, and instructors have the freedom to be who they are.
Flexible work schedule
Audio/Light Technician (Current Employee) –  Cheney, WAJune 24, 2017
Typically I'll assist clients with figuring out their event and how we're going to pull it off. I do various tasks from light to audio. It's a nice place to work because you go to school with your coworkers so it's easy to make friends.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
inconsistent hours
Eastern Washington University
Office Aide and Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cheney, WAJune 23, 2017
great place to work at, Flexible with you schedule, especially if you are a student.
entering data of the new book we get into an excel sheet so we could have records
EWU Computer Labs were great when I worked there
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Cheney, WAJune 21, 2017
Working at EWU's computer labs was a great opportunity to work and be a student- there was plenty of responsibility managing a large (hundreds of computers) lab and providing support across the range of software students used in those labs. My coworkers were professional and knowledgable, and the culture helped those quality express.
Excellent experiences in meeting and working with people of all walks of life.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheney, WAJune 21, 2017
I would generally spend the work day managing the geology lab and performing lab experiments for geology 100 students while assisting them with their lab exercises.
Pros
Teaching Experience
Strength intern
Strength and Conditioning Football Intern (Current Employee) –  Cheney, WAJune 18, 2017
It is a good job with amazing coaches. This job gave me a lot of new opportunity in to coaching and how athletics work from the inside out. long hours but that is why we win.
Thrown under the bus
Professor (Former Employee) –  Cheney, WAMay 6, 2017
Department heads were not ready to start the courses I was teaching, basically set me up for failure. About 1/3 of the students wanted a free ride, they wanted you to spoon feed them the course and wanted full credit for very little work or participation.
Pros
enjoyed some of the student, those who were interested and didn't look for a free ride
Cons
Little department support
Academic Advisor
Academic Counselor/ Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Spokane WAApril 25, 2017
Worked in a campus program with a strong "family" feel to the program. Was encouraged to take a relaxed approach to my position, sometimes too relaxed.
Amazing educational experience
Sports official (Former Employee) –  Cheney, WAApril 21, 2017
Cant say enough about the environment at EWU! Always fun working with and for student had a great time there and would definitely do it again if it were going to help my career!
Pros
University
Cons
nothing