Eastern Washington University Employee Reviews

EWU Computer Labs were great when I worked there
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Cheney, WAJune 21, 2017
Working at EWU's computer labs was a great opportunity to work and be a student- there was plenty of responsibility managing a large (hundreds of computers) lab and providing support across the range of software students used in those labs. My coworkers were professional and knowledgable, and the culture helped those quality express.
Excellent experiences in meeting and working with people of all walks of life.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheney, WAJune 21, 2017
I would generally spend the work day managing the geology lab and performing lab experiments for geology 100 students while assisting them with their lab exercises.
Pros
Teaching Experience
Strength intern
Strength and Conditioning Football Intern (Current Employee) –  Cheney, WAJune 18, 2017
It is a good job with amazing coaches. This job gave me a lot of new opportunity in to coaching and how athletics work from the inside out. long hours but that is why we win.
Thrown under the bus
Professor (Former Employee) –  Cheney, WAMay 6, 2017
Department heads were not ready to start the courses I was teaching, basically set me up for failure. About 1/3 of the students wanted a free ride, they wanted you to spoon feed them the course and wanted full credit for very little work or participation.
Pros
enjoyed some of the student, those who were interested and didn't look for a free ride
Cons
Little department support
Academic Advisor
Academic Counselor/ Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Spokane WAApril 25, 2017
Worked in a campus program with a strong "family" feel to the program. Was encouraged to take a relaxed approach to my position, sometimes too relaxed.
Amazing educational experience
Sports official (Former Employee) –  Cheney, WAApril 21, 2017
Cant say enough about the environment at EWU! Always fun working with and for student had a great time there and would definitely do it again if it were going to help my career!
Pros
University
Cons
nothing
Food Aid Worker I (Former Employee) –  Cheney, WAApril 17, 2017
It was a terrific opportunity to work for Eastern Washington University and to get some more food experience under my belt. Some things could have been improved but it all in all helped my life tremendously.
Amazing and fun place to work
Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Cheney, WAApril 11, 2017
Get to work face to face with peers and fellow students who live on campus. You get to meet all types of people as well as make lasting relationship s for the rest of your life. Never had a more fun job.
A great place to make professional connections!
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eastern Washington UniveristyMarch 30, 2017
I loved working here, professional setting and good job experience. Very friendly co workers and bosses, its in a college setting. Students are great and its in a positive environment, i enjoyed working here.
A hub of diversity
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cheney, WAMarch 24, 2017
Excellent organization with a diverse student population. They're always there for you and willing to go extra mile to assist students to succeed in their academic and interpersonal endeavor.
Great School
Member of Beta Gamma Sigma (Current Employee) –  Cheney, WAMarch 17, 2017
I have learned a lot over the years. The teachers are great, they have helped shape me into the person I am today. I am very happy to graduate from this school and feel I learned valuable skills.
University Graduate Program
Practicum Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 6, 2017
The program educates students in the skill of Social Work. In the end the students earn their Masters in Social Work. EWU is very connected to the organizations in Spokane and their students receive a first rate educational experience.
Pros
Great environment
Office Aide II (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 1, 2017
Work with the Dean of the College of Health Science and Public Health. Answer emails, send out welcome letters. Slow but steady work. This is a work-study position through the University.
Great place to work that understands a students schedule.
Chemistry Department Laboratory Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheney, WAOctober 3, 2016
I loved working at EWU, they were always willing to accommodate my hectic school schedule and everyone I worked with was simply fun to be around. Working in a laboratory also gives you a greater appreciation for lab safety, equipment, and sanitation than when you are a lab student. I would absolutely encourage other students to work there as well.
Pros
Friendly, Understanding
productive and enthusiastic workplace
Professional floor guard (Current Employee) –  Cheney, WAJune 12, 2016
a typical day at work for me is getting their fifteen minutes early to make sure the referees rooms are secure. Then i take my position next to one of the four entrances which players and officials are allowed to go in. Also our job is to get the referees to their room safely when its halftime.
Great first on campus job
Student Caller (Current Employee) –  Cheney, WAMay 16, 2016
I could not have asked for a better first on campus job. Great co-workers and a great, understanding boss. Very easy to follow the training to be successful.
Not a bad place to work if you get the right GSA position
System Administrator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheney, WAMay 13, 2016
Loved working on new technology and all the research that went into setting up new servers/clients for particular uses (GPU labs, Advance Placement Testing, ACM local and Regional Contest Hosting, etc). Co-workers are always changing but that is par for the course for a Grad Student. Very flexible hours, most of the time capped at 20 per week. As a system admin assistant, some weeks were longer but some were shorter. For example, the first and last two weeks are usually fairly slow, either instructors are done with the labs or they haven't used them for the quarter yet.
Pros
Tuition was paid.
Cons
Hourly wage still sucked.
Learned about FGDM Coordination
Family Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDMay 4, 2016
It was an okay place to work. This position was not on the campus but was a program in Coeur d'Alene, ID. I worked 19 hours a week, working with families in the Child and Family Services agency.
Great Place To Work While Going to School
Mentor (Current Employee) –  Cheney, WAMarch 24, 2016
Working for Eastern Washington University was a great place to work while still in school. A typical day consists of meeting with a student, discussing classes, personal life, and other things that they would like to talk about, as well as, items that need to be addressed during that day. The nice thing about working here is that you could work around your schedule for school. I have learned so much about myself and how to help others through this job. The management is awesome, and were very understanding about schedules and situations. Their training was very good only for certain circumstances but lacking in other areas of the job, because of the flexibility of the job I recognize that it is impossible to prepare the employee for every circumstance though. My co-workers are awesome and always willing to listen to what you have to say. They are respectful, kind, and just fun to talk to. The hardest part is dealing with some of the students. Some of them do not want to be helped, or are not willing to accept your help or advice. One of the enjoyable parts is finding out that the student that was being difficult to work with, is now succeeding because of the advice that you gave them.
Wonderful student employment
Assistant (IT Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Cheney, WAFebruary 4, 2016
General great place to work if you are working as a student you get minimal benefits but that is understandable for a entry level job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eastern Washington University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5