Eastern Washington University

Eastern Washington University United States Employee Reviews

Great work place
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Cheney, WAAugust 7, 2013
Pros: positive work enviroment
Cons: no health benefits because it was only workstudy
I loved working for Eastern Washington University. Great staff and great supervisor. Gain a lot of work experience.
I Loved Working At Eastern.
Graduate Assistant of Orchestras and Library Page (Former Employee), Cheney, WAJuly 25, 2013
Pros: the work, the people, the management, the hours
Cons: wish i was still a music librarian and library page (i graduated)
I served as a library page, a music librarian and a Graduate Assistant. I learned so much when I was there and I did many duties within JFK Library and the Music Department. I maintained shelves, checked in books, checked out books and shelved media. I did PR for the concerts and wrote program notes. I loved those jobs very much! They taught me some great skills.
Position provided exposure and opportunities to learn and practice practical skills
Interim Health Education Coordinator (Current Employee), Cheney, WashingtonJuly 24, 2013
Pros: being able to work with and for the student population
Cons: unclear expectations
I researched, designed, and implemented prevention programs that were presented to the university community (students, faculty, staff). The primary purpose of these programs were to provide preventative education for students around the subjects of substance use, sexual health and responsibility, nutrition, fitness, stress, and violence. I was responsible for supervising 5 student Peer Advisor staff members, as they provided peer education to EWU students. I also provided follow-up meetings with students who had been found responsible for violating the university's alcohol code of conduct, utilizing Motivational Interviewing to address usage.
Management, for the most part, has been supportive. However, my experience has been one of frustration due to an immense gap in communication between what my supervisor envisions and what has actually been verbally expressed. This created multiple hurdles for each member of this department, individually and as a group.
Loved the people I worked with in the kitchen
Pizza Chef (Former Employee), Cheney, WashingtonJune 2, 2013
I would make pizzas in the kitchen and have fun working with the head chefs. I learned how to make pizzas.
Good.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Cheney, WAFebruary 5, 2013
Good. Everyone was easy to work with and fun. My co-workers were fellow students so we had a lot in common. I met several interesting professors.
Work-Study
TA (Former Employee), Cheney, WAJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: working with others.
Working with other students was a very fulfilling. Grading papers was a special time for me to get to know the strengths and weaknesses of the students, which helped me to help them more effectively.
Productive, Nice hours
Intramural Office Assistant (Current Employee), Cheney, WAJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: sports, easy
Easy and enjoyable job. Great for college students. If you have a love for sports this will be a great job. Short hours of easy yet steady work.
Very educational
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Cheney, WAOctober 27, 2012
Would research different disabilities and send information to supervisor. Edited articles written/prepared for publication.
Flexible Schedule
Records and Registration Office Program Specialist (Current Employee), Cheney, WAJune 7, 2012
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: no job advancement
Good working environment friendly people, excellent on job training.
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Cheney, WAMay 7, 2012
Taught six quarters of “Introduction to Communication” for non-communication majors to adult students seeking their bachelors degree.
• Recipient of the Graduate Teaching Assistant of the Year award in 2004 at the National Communication Association Convention in New Orleans.
• Lectured daily in a classroom to approximately 25 students. Proctored exams and final exams, graded papers, and performed other duties as required.
• Held regular office hours where students could come for one-on-one help with course material.
研究と教育の両立ができる
準教授 (Current Employee), Spokane, WANovember 28, 2012
Pros: 休日が多い
明るい職場、自由な研究課題、仕事内容の契約がはっきりしている、マネジメントは落第、大変なことは研究論文が学会で採択されなければならないこと、

About Eastern Washington University

Tradition Eastern Washington University is a regional, comprehensive public university located in Cheney, Wash., with programs – Read more