Eastern Washington University

Eastern Washington University Employee Reviews in United States

Nice mindless manual labor
Grounds Department Gardener (Current Employee) –  Cheney WaApril 16, 2015
I do simple things at the grounds department, like look after the health and well being of the shrubs, trees, lawns, and the overall look of campus. i enjoy it for one, i work at 6 in the morning before class which means i have the rest of the day to focus on my studies, and two, the department allows 'school first' if i need. i can rearrange scheduling to work around me and my school work which is most important.
The Hardest Part
ROTC Cadet (Current Employee) –  Cheney, WAAugust 8, 2013
The most difficult part is by far time management. With having to juggle school and what ends up being a full time commitment to the program, finding time for anything else has challenged me. I`ve been through the toughest part of the program and am now ready for the next step which has allowed me more time for other opportunities just before graduation.
Pros
opportunities, high standard and expectations, close knit
Cons
stress, pay, never had a break
Being a facilitator
PLUS Group Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Library commonsJuly 15, 2014
The experience I received at Eastern Washington was beyond none. They had all the training you could imagine for you to succeed there. They were built for you to not fail. My co-workers were very helpful. Everyone help each other in times of need and we all did it with a smile. The hardest part of the job was the preparation. Being a facilitator, I had to prepare lesson plans for each session and ready myself for anything the students asked that I may not have covered. I think the most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction on the students' faces. They liked coming to the sessions.
Pros
satisfaction, lots of experience with office administration
Cons
nothing
productive learning in teaching students
Lab Assistant TA (Current Employee) –  Cheney WAJanuary 27, 2015
A typical day at work is going into the computer labs, and answering any questions students may have. I learned how to be patient with students when they don't know exactly what to do or how to get through certain steps. I've proctored tests and graded papers, and the hardest part of the job is when a student isn't happy with the grade they're given and they try to "fight" for a better grade.
Learning and fun experience
International Peer Adviser/ Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheney, WANovember 5, 2013
I helped international students adapt to the American lifestyle. I counselled, advised, and guide them with academic as well as with personnel problems. I learned so much from students about various cultures and backgrounds.
Interesting Place
Sales (Former Employee) –  New YorkJuly 8, 2014
Xero is a global company with offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. Xero is the emerging leader in online accounting software, providing business owners with real-time visibility of their financial position in a way that’s simple, smart and secure. For advisors such as accountants and bookkeepers, Xero forges a trusted relationship with clients through online collaboration and gives them the opportunity to extend their services. Xero is a new type of multinational with teams around the world united in our passion to revolutionise small business
Pros
sales
Cons
salse
Great work place
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheney, WAAugust 7, 2013
I loved working for Eastern Washington University. Great staff and great supervisor. Gain a lot of work experience.
Pros
positive work enviroment
Cons
no health benefits because it was only workstudy
Flexible Schedule
Records and Registration Office Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cheney, WAJune 7, 2012
Good working environment friendly people, excellent on job training.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
no job advancement
Great experience and excellent coworkers
Tech-Eze Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cheney, WAMarch 9, 2015
I enjoyed working for EWU because it gave me the experience I was looking for working with both computers and the local community.
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheney, WAMay 7, 2012
Taught six quarters of “Introduction to Communication” for non-communication majors to adult students seeking their bachelors degree.
• Recipient of the Graduate Teaching Assistant of the Year award in 2004 at the National Communication Association Convention in New Orleans.
• Lectured daily in a classroom to approximately 25 students. Proctored exams and final exams, graded papers, and performed other duties as required.
• Held regular office hours where students could come for one-on-one help with course material.

Want to know more about Eastern Washington University?

Ask a question
Great University
Student (Former Employee) –  Cheney, WAFebruary 9, 2015
Eastern was a great university with professors that really took time to make sure their students succeeded. I would certainly recommend to other students looking for a quality education for a fair tuition
Productive and educational work environment
Bat Survey Technician (Former Employee) –  Cheney, WAJanuary 19, 2015
I enjoyed continuing my education while gaining experience working with graduate students.
Dynamic, with many responsibilities
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WashingtonSeptember 18, 2013
I really enjoyed my time as Graduate Assistant in the MBA department at EWU. I was given lots of work that I enjoyed doing. My supervisors were very supportive and provided lots of insight that added to my understanding of the impact of my jobs on the department.
Pros
great leaders
Cons
one professor was incredibly rude and loud.
Help Desk
Internship (Former Employee) –  Cheney, WAJanuary 30, 2015
Very easy position to work at while you are attending college. However as a student did a lot of work that full time people were supposed to do.
Fun work place
Tutor/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheney, WANovember 2, 2014
Here I doubled as both an office assistant and a tutor to fellow student athletes. I answered phones, filed paperwork, set up quarterly class schedules, and tutored in subjects such as math, english, and literature.
Great Job
Intramural Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cheney, WAFebruary 16, 2014
I've been with the Intramural dept. for over three years now. I started out as a basic score keeper and moved my way up into an office assistant. It's an easy going, laid back work enviroment, and the schedule is set around you.
Work-Study
TA (Former Employee) –  Cheney, WAJanuary 10, 2013
Working with other students was a very fulfilling. Grading papers was a special time for me to get to know the strengths and weaknesses of the students, which helped me to help them more effectively.
Pros
working with others.
Great work life balance working at the JFK Library
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cheney, WAMarch 5, 2014
Worked around class schedules and time off requests. Great on campus job.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
work longer days during finals
Productive, Nice hours
Intramural Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cheney, WAJanuary 5, 2013
Easy and enjoyable job. Great for college students. If you have a love for sports this will be a great job. Short hours of easy yet steady work.
Pros
sports, easy
Excellent University
INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Cheney, WAAugust 16, 2013
Nice campus and facility. As an instructor for a short period of time I learned a great deal about dealing with people and the learning process.
Pros
programs offered.
Cons
location.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eastern Washington University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5