Eastman Chemical Employee Reviews in United States

Extremely bureaucratic
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMay 4, 2016
As company losing its market share in their core segments, the weakness and the true character of the management. Top management, starting from VP level is very capable, but the middle management is mostly people from colleges from east tennessee area. If you are not from the area, it is very hard to grow in the company.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Slow career progression
prison setting
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNFebruary 15, 2016
A management that cares little to nothing about the employees. Continuing fear of being laid off or your division shut down. Has an environment that is comparable to the movie Shawshank Redemption. If you can go anywhere else and make a living, please do yourself a favor and do so.
Chemical Operator
Operations Helper (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNApril 11, 2016
great place to work rotating shift was a little hard getting use to.
very nice working with a well balanced team. hardest part had to be able to switch from day and nights getting the internal set.
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
12 hour days
A very forward thinking company.
Chemical Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  West Elizabeth, PAJanuary 26, 2016
Working at Eastman allowed me to have varied workload of different projects as an engineer. My manager was very supportive of my projects and provided valuable insights. The site I worked at was full of friendly people.
Excellence in research and work-life culture
Intern (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNApril 2, 2016
Eastman's community-like culture made the environment perfect for learning. Employees and supervisors are approachable, friendly and helpful.
Productive and fun workplace
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNApril 4, 2016
Just a great ethical company that provided a great benefit package and competitive pay. The staff at the Houston DC has an amazing staff.
Eastman is an excellent company to work for
Technical Staff Engineer (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXFebruary 12, 2016
On any given day I would assist operators with any production issues that occur, work on assigned capital projects, and communicate with management about any safety or manufacturing excellence initiatives. I had great co-workers who have done a lot to mentor me through my first few years as an engineer. My experience with management has always been excellent. Everyone is very open and easy to communicate with. Decisions are rationally thought out and expectations are clearly communicated. The hardest part of my job is also the most enjoyable; crisis. Several times during operation a production crippling issue would come up with high urgency to find the root cause and fix it. Times like those are both exciting and exhausting.

Eastman places strong emphasis on core values and process safety that go beyond daily rhetoric and truly is applied in any decision or action by managers and employees alike. This company strives for excellence while maintaining exemplary integrity and honesty. The Eastman culture finds value in happy families and makes maintaining a healthy work/life balance a breeze.
Great company to work for.
Team Manager- currently (Current Employee) –  Fieldale, VANovember 9, 2015
Really work at developing people and look after there employees. They do a great job at communicating how the business is performing. Very safety oriented.
technologist (Current Employee) –  Fieldale, VADecember 17, 2015
Number one responsibility is to provide customer support for plotters. Management is very professional and great to work for.
Pros
Self managed
Cons
na
excellent apprentice program
Metal Fabricator Intern (Former Employee) –  kingsport tnOctober 20, 2015
excellent company. great apprenticeship program. excellent quality of work and attention to detail. limited upward mobility. further education highly encouraged
Loved working here....
Instrumentation and Controls Technician (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJuly 7, 2015
Maintained areas of the plant by callibrating, installing electrical equipment, wiring of motors, pumps, and meters. I think i enjoyed this place because it was a job that i received my degree in.
good experience
FP&A Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMay 6, 2015
i enjoy my time at Eastman. The people here know how to run a chemical company and production is fully integrated. Very cost competitive. Most people are very nice and I can't complain too much.

The only downside is the location, if EMN is located in Atlanta, I'd like to retire in this company. Good luck, EMN!
Great place to work and grow, the atmosphere is always conducive for change.
Shiftleader /Unit controller (Current Employee) –  500 Monsanto AveMay 25, 2015
Worked for this Company for a while and have learned a lot form their guidance and support. Relocation is the only reason for me to be looking elsewhere.
Average place to work
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNOctober 28, 2013
This was an average place to work. They have a flexible work schedule that is really nice and are good if you want time off. The company is very slow, conservative, departmentalized and bureaucratic. In the time it takes to develop a new product, the competition has already patented the same thing and is selling it in the market. If you want to work there, make sure you come in making a good salary, because raises and bonuses are a joke. They compete locally on salaries, not nationwide within the chemical market.
I like the company but the swing shifts are not ideal. I would like to find a job that has a set schedule.
Production (Current Employee) –  West Elizabeth, PAOctober 18, 2013
Since my employment I have been at the same position and no bid's in house to advance my skills. I like to learn and advance. I am a very hard worker, dedicated and punctual. I like the hands on work and work very hard to get my detail done.
I get along with my co workers on all the shifts and we seem to work well together.
Pros
i like management and the other employees. the pay is good and the benefits are also.
Cons
do not like working shifts every week.
good job security, very safety oriented
Lab Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMay 15, 2012
typical busy and slow periods to be expected in manufacturing, many opportunities to learn new things, management somewhat out of touch with regular Joe's but co-workers are always willing to help out, hardest part of the job is lack of understanding in other departments of what should and should not be done in our department, the most enjoyable part of the job is being a part of an internationally recognized company and being proud of our products
Lack of professionism
Thin-Film Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Martinsville, VAMarch 3, 2014
If you want to have a good life and get paid. This is probably a perfect place for you to work.

But if you are an ambitious and motivated person who wants to grow your skills and career. This place will slowly extinguish all your energy. Full of politics. It is about who you know not what you are good at to contribute.
absolutely best people i have ever worked with
Contractor - Drafter/Designer Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJune 4, 2013
very enjoyable facility and personnel , not like any chemical plant I have ever seen. only regret is that work wasn't behind as expected.
Pros
absolutely best people have ever worked with
Cons
work slowed down and my assignment was finished before i got settled into the flow of it all
Good place to work compensation disappointing
Operations (Current Employee) –  Sauget, ILMarch 3, 2015
Learned many new things

Compensation packages could improve

Good people

Nice work home balance

Opportunities to relocate
General Summary
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJuly 18, 2014
There are frequent changes to daily tasks. Emergencies may alter schedule and tasks. Each management member and co-worker deal with situations differently.

4.2