Eastman Chemical

Great co-workers, good training for advancement,Safety 1st
Network Engineer
Network Engineer II (Former Employee), MexicoAugust 13, 2014
Designed the LAN in just 3 months
meetings with the Vendors and changes applied
General Summary
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee), Kingsport, TNJuly 18, 2014
There are frequent changes to daily tasks. Emergencies may alter schedule and tasks. Each management member and co-worker deal with situations differently.
Lack of professionism
Thin-Film Process Engineer (Current Employee), Martinsville, VAMarch 3, 2014
If you want to have a good life and get paid. This is probably a perfect place for you to work.

But if you are an ambitious and motivated person who wants to grow your skills and career. This place will slowly extinguish all your energy. Full of politics. It is about who you know not what you are good at to contribute.
Fun and educational
Student Operator (Former Employee), Longview, TXFebruary 5, 2014
Very safe and team oriented company. Great company to work for and learned a lot about the process operator position with the company.
Productive Great company
Crew Safety Representative (Current Employee), Kingsport TnNovember 24, 2013
Eastman chemical is a great company to work for. Eastman has a great environment with plenty of growing and learning opportunities.
Average place to work
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Kingsport, TNOctober 28, 2013
This was an average place to work. They have a flexible work schedule that is really nice and are good if you want time off. The company is very slow, conservative, departmentalized and bureaucratic. In the time it takes to develop a new product, the competition has already patented the same thing and is selling it in the market. If you want to work there, make sure you come in making a good salary, because raises and bonuses are a joke. They compete locally on salaries, not nationwide within the chemical market.
I like the company but the swing shifts are not ideal. I would like to find a job that has a set schedule.
Production (Current Employee), West Elizabeth, PAOctober 18, 2013
Pros: i like management and the other employees. the pay is good and the benefits are also.
Cons: do not like working shifts every week.
Since my employment I have been at the same position and no bid's in house to advance my skills. I like to learn and advance. I am a very hard worker, dedicated and punctual. I like the hands on work and work very hard to get my detail done.
I get along with my co workers on all the shifts and we seem to work well together.
Eastman is a global specialty chemical company that produces a broad range of products.
Lead operator (Current Employee), Longview, TXAugust 13, 2013
absolutely best people i have ever worked with
Contractor - Drafter/Designer Piping Designer (Former Employee), Longview, TXJune 4, 2013
Pros: absolutely best people have ever worked with
Cons: work slowed down and my assignment was finished before i got settled into the flow of it all
very enjoyable facility and personnel , not like any chemical plant I have ever seen. only regret is that work wasn't behind as expected.
Responsible for logistics operations
Executive Logistics Manager - South America (Former Employee), Kingsport, TNSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short break
Responsible for logistics, procurement and customer service areas.
Review
Senior Lead Operator (Current Employee), Longview, TXAugust 7, 2012
Pros: pay
Cons: benefits
Good job not so good benefits for new hires. Decent pay. Lots of overtime. Safety is excellent and stressed daily. Management lacks something.
good job security, very safety oriented
Lab Analyst (Current Employee), Kingsport, TNMay 15, 2012
typical busy and slow periods to be expected in manufacturing, many opportunities to learn new things, management somewhat out of touch with regular Joe's but co-workers are always willing to help out, hardest part of the job is lack of understanding in other departments of what should and should not be done in our department, the most enjoyable part of the job is being a part of an internationally recognized company and being proud of our products

About Eastman Chemical

Eastman Chemical can recall its past through photos -- it was once part of film giant Eastman Kodak. The company is a major producer – Read more

Eastman Chemical Salaries