EASTON HOSPITAL

EASTON HOSPITAL Employer Reviews

Interesting and challenging
RN (Former Employee), Easton, PAJuly 2, 2014
At Easton Hospital, I worked on a telemetry unit, while also providing care for patients who had coronary interventional procedures.
Very busy.
transporter, pharmacy technician (Former Employee), Easton, PAJune 9, 2014
You were always on a time frame. Very busy with patients. I felt like I was helping the patients, saving lives.
Nice Schedule
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Easton, PAMay 22, 2014
Go place to learn when first starting in the medical profession.
would not apply again
Surgical Tech (Current Employee), Easton, PAApril 26, 2014
Management is horrible and very manipulative. You break your back and get no recognition for it. Supervisors do not tackle problems or issues among staff, but rather turn the other cheek and dismiss it. Favortism is completely out of hand and it seems like the less you do, you get praised for it, but hard workers are expected to work harder. When/if – more... I get the opportunity to leave I do not see myself ever looking back. I have seen the way patients get treated by all floors of this hospital and I would NOT recommend this a place to go to my family and friends. I would not be the least bit surprised if this establishment turned into a giant nursing home (for which I still would not send family/friends). – less
This job has been a staple in my 23 years of nursing
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Easton, PAFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: stability of work and guaranteed time
Cons: management
Worked on a Med/Surg unit for 15 years. I spent the last 6 years working in outpatient surgery. I was trained in ACLS, as well as IV sedation. My co-workers were wonderful nurses and many of them were my friends. I enjoyed being able to recover a patient after surgery and send them home the same day. I was constantly using my nursing knowledge to problem – more... solve on a daily basis. I felt a sense of happiness performing my nursing tasks daily.l – less
Best bosses Ive ever had
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Easton, PAFebruary 12, 2014
Easton some of the most friendly people on the planet to work with. My bosses are fantastic, and I would not be leaving except that I am soon to be a PA, and Easton does not utilize many PA's.
Educational and fun place to work at
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Easton, PAJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: tuition reimbursement
Cons: salary was low
Mixing I.V.'s for patients and filling med carts. A friendly group of co-workers and management.
Challenging place to work, friendly environment.
Health Information Management Sr. Rep (Former Employee), Easton, PAJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: excellent people
Everyday work must be done and everyone are willing to help in time of need. I had a great co-workers and supervisor. There's always work that needs to be done. I would say that the hardest part of my job is that, I work alone and when things in the office is not working, i have to improvise to get the job done.
Many great people work at Easton Hospital. A for profit hospital having difficulty adjusting to the changes in healthcare.
Nurse (Current Employee), Easton, PADecember 17, 2013
Pros: excellent health benefits.
Cons: pay - entry level for my years of experience.
The hardest part of this job has been no direct management support for the employees.
I have learned quite a lot and know my next job will not be in a for-profit hospital environment.
My co-workers have been great and are dealing with new responsibilities and changing job descriptions.
The most enjoyable part of my job has been meeting other people – more... working in the hospital and feeling a part of a team.
Management - Dealing with a corporate environment makes their job difficult. Big dividing line between management and employees. – less
Good health care facility
Patient Liaison, Payroll, discharge calls (Current Employee), Easton, PANovember 27, 2013
For profit institution providing networking availabilities to other CHS hospitals
Leadership always rewards employees
Account resolution (Former Employee), Easton, PANovember 9, 2013
Pros: room to advance
Cons: director of patient access
Easton Hospital has great benefits, good communitcation and offers a balance with work and family .
Alot of experience learned here.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Easton, PANovember 7, 2013
Pros: being able to work on my own as well as a team.
Cons: management turn over.
Day was always fast paced a great experience working with vendors and purchasing department and learned a great deal through co-workers who had a lot of knowledge and years of experience. In the nine years I worked for the hospital I saw a lot of management come and go and yet there were some I learned from.
Hospital
Security Officer (Former Employee), Easton, PASeptember 11, 2013
The Department was Small in numbers, but very high in Visibility.
Security held a Very High Profile throughout the Hospital.
Teamwork within the department to provide effient inpatient care, and improving inpatient outcomes are most important.
STAFF PRN PHARMACIST (Current Employee), Easton, PAAugust 26, 2013
Pros: working with other departments to give patients the treatments needed for their best outcomes, patient stay.
Cons: lack of face to face engagement with patients
Being part of a team to provide care to medical or surgical patients who have complex illnesses which involve heart, kidney, and liver ,and patients with terminal illness, doing critical intervention to improve patient outcomes, reduce patient stays as well as reduced patient re-admissions.
Great People to work with
CCT (Former Employee), Easton, MarylandMay 5, 2013
Cons: no breaks
Loved taking care of the people that were in the Hospital and listening to the stories that each had to tell you everynight,
I had several employers at this facility
Biomedical Equipment Technician (Current Employee), Easton, PAMay 4, 2013
Pros: i am my own boss
Cons: job security with contract changes and renewals
Once again our contract is up for renewal here. To date I have had four employer due to out sourcing and contract changes. I like that I am always busy and I have a say in decisions and how things are done. Co workers are great and the hospital staff are all focused in the same direction. Very much a team atmosphere which I like.
Difficult place to work
Director of PCU and Medical/Surgical (Former Employee), Easton, PAMarch 27, 2013
Learned a lot about management. Co-workers were great. Management was always changing.
Verifications
Insurance Verification Representative (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAFebruary 19, 2013
My day at work was stressful,very over worked and no time for my family at home,I would not prefer another position like this one because moving forward i want to have a job that i wake up and enjoy going to.My co-workers loved them we are all still friends today.Management at the time was not very understanding or helpful at times was just very frustrating – more... for me. – less
Professional HIM Hospital
Health Information Management Specialist (Former Employee), Easton, PAJanuary 19, 2013
When I would arrive at work, I would assist with medical Record charts, filing, analyzing charts, checking for dictation, go to the floor and check for doctor signatures. All this have been part of a learning experience. Learning to keep files organized and keeping files confidential and secure. The management staff are humble people, that are there – more... for you if you have questions about something you are unsure of. They have their doors open for you and are serious about the work being done. The co-workers are sweet and humble, all down to earth staff. There for one another and really know how to get the work done. I would not say this job is hard, or that there is anything hard about it. It's a matter of knowing the work you do, and being responsible and professional in this work field. I loved being part of this hospital. I enjoyed it because the staff are all humble people and they make you feel like you are part of the family. – less
Strong teaching hospital
Associate CEO/Chief Operating Officer (Former Employee), Easton, PAJuly 9, 2012
A turnaround hospital within a for-profit system based in eastern Pennsylvania. Hospital had been financially challenged but was a turnaround leader with the system consistently performing as a top 10 hospital within the system. Excellent management team which was able to deal with cultural challenges.