EASTSIDE CANNERY Employee Reviews

Avoid this casino at all costs
Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 24, 2016
If you like being physically and sexually assaulted, well then by all means come work here. Not only will customers do it, employees will also. They will not throw them out of the casino or discipline employees so you are on your own. Non existent management, & horrible patrons who can threaten you, but never get thrown out. Do not work here.
Divers& fun atmosphere
Buffet service/Bus Person (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 19, 2016
I things excellent guest service is providingg the customers with the best serviceis possible.Keeping eye contact and making sure customer is comfortable. Providing them with the up most respect and friendly. And making them want to come back.
great first casino security
Security officer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 22, 2015
A great place for someone starting in the industry, my typical day is either starting at the podium or on the casino floor conducting my even my initial Patrol of the floor or into the computer system at the podium. Assisting guest with questions or issues that they may have, logging in lost and found items.
Pros
free meal
Cons
started as "extra board"
Productive place to work
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 30, 2015
Enjoyed my experience there, fun atmosphere, nice coworkers. Worked consistent shifts. Nice business concept and execution.
Management did not interfere in running the bar.
Great employees
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 8, 2015
Customer base can be really rough. Understaffed at times. Area of company predicts clientel base obviously. You must be thick skinned and able to juggle company expectations along with guests expectations which often collide
Pros
Nice staff and management
Cons
Some really nasty customers
Co-workers cool Management not
Original Cannery (Former Employee) –  Original CanneryNovember 4, 2014
No one has commented on the warehouse/receiver department? That's the one place that is NOT good! Manager is a complete jerk & the supervisor for the original Cannery is a complete lazy jerk and has the nerve to comment & say the receivers are paid too much but HE happens to be underpaid for doing NOTHING & the manager protects him even with his bad evaluations & it came from multiple departments. The manager is in charge of both properties but theyhave supervisors for both. I can't speak on the supervisor for Eastside Cannery though but she seemed like a firm but atleast fair lady. Original Cannery supervisor? Not so much.
Good casino
TABLE GAMES DEALER/ BOXMAN (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 4, 2014
Average workplace with not much capital improvements when I was their so it was same all 3 years their. Average place, low tokes.
Pros
GOOD EDR.
Cons
NOT ENOUGH HOURS WORKED WHEN CUTS HIT.
Productive workplace
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 21, 2014
A typical day at work: I start at 6 pm, usually work 8 hours. I'm happy about my co-workers and bosses. I also enjoy working with people.
Pros
Very friendly atmosphere.
Cons
They cut my full time status, because it was slow, then I lost my privileges, including my healthcare coverage.
work atmosphere
Part-time Houseperson (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 25, 2013
my day at work is always positive and my co workers are real nice and hard working people , i like working in teams
Pros
benefits, good work atmosphere
Cons
na
Fun place to work, enjoyed working with co-workers.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 22, 2013
Had a good chef that I worked with. I liked working there but was unable to continue working there when they cut back my hours.
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
Cut my hours too far back to continue working there.
My Life at Eastside Cannery
Count Room (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 23, 2013
Typical day at work come in count tables, poker, jet safe and Slot. I work from 3am to 11am. This job has taugh me a lot on how to be myself. To create my on path be a leader not a follower. My co-workers all have there good and there bad. But I try to help everybody the best way I can. The hardest part of my job is learning to stick up for myself when I know what I am doing is right. The most enjoybale part of my job is getting a pay check but learning new things every day.
Pros
work closer to home
Cons
n/a
Fun work place
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 2, 2012
Nice place,nice people, everything is good. People are nice
Pros
free lunch break fast
Cons
enought break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EASTSIDE CANNERY. Our community is ready to answer.

EASTSIDE CANNERY Reviews by Location