Eastside Medical Center

Eastside Medical Center Employer Reviews

Gretanplace to work. Excellent system and very satisfying pay
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Sneelville, GeorgiaJuly 1, 2014
Pros: excellent system
Cons: strict break/ lunch time policy
Great place to work. Excellent training system. The CEO goes out of her way to serve lunch to associate every major anniversary day.

I love this place
Worse place to work IT
Technology Support Analyst (Former Employee), Snellville, GAMay 14, 2014
Cons: alot
-Same as any job when it came to working any other job, there was routine which was nice but could get very boring. There was a slow pace some days, fast others. A steady job at times.

- Learning was limited which was a major downfall. They didn't give you the time or the freedom to explore or learn. Any new materials given were a "crash-course" lesson – more... and even then half the material taught was outdated.

- There was no management during my entire tenure as people either got promoted or laid-off. An inexperienced IT Director was brought in to pull both the Manager and IT Director job which caused at times a mismanagement or mishaps when projects were due.

- Co-workers within the IT Department were stellar, about one of the greatest things coming to work.

- Hardest part of the job was there was no consistency within management and no guidance, no room to grow and just alot of hoopla when it came to the brass tacks of things.

- Enjoyable part was solving issues that people said were more frustrating for them than anything. Working with people to get their stations up and running again. My co-workers within the IT Department as well as the Nurses and Administration – less
Money is their only concern
Registered CT Technologist (Former Employee), Snellville, GAApril 16, 2014
The management is only concerned about their bottom dollar and how they look cosmetically. If the truth be known they really dont care about the patients and they sure as heck don't give a sigar about the employees. The managers have no backbone especially in the radiology department. The have no retention benefits for then employees, hell they let – more... the employees bully other employees and eventhreaten to stab others.!!! – less
Productive place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Snellville, GAFebruary 24, 2014
Enjoyable most of the time to work.. Long hours working nights but pay is good and benefits are a little better than average
Great community care
Per Diem and Staff RN (Current Employee), icuNovember 30, 2013
great opportunity, in a growing institution. Ability to grow and learn.
Loved the staff
Special Procedures Tech/Diagnostic Tech (Former Employee), Snellville, GaOctober 28, 2013
Pros: nice staff
Cons: cafeteria is so so and lunch is quick and often late.
Athough you were sorking short handed most every day, the staff is very pleasant and easy to work with. Its a family atmosphere. Management micromanages a bit. Work flow is good.
Competitive Pharmacy within North Metro-Atlanta area
Certified//Licensed Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Snellville, GASeptember 15, 2013
Day starts @ 6am and IV's are prepared for all units as well as OR and Nicu. Duties include assisting nurses with ascertaining scheduled po and iv medications, stocking of IV fluids, syringes and misc. supplies. Preparing adult and neonatal tpn's. Sometimes you just have to get up and walk out at the end of your shift, tomorrow's another day. Everyone – more... won't be healed overnight. Diverse staff' focus and teamwork can overcome most situations. Very difficult when multiple units have multiple stats that have a high degree of difficulty. They say working in a pharmacy resembles a pilots responsibilities most, one error could kill someone.
Very fulfilling and rewarding when the task is completed error free, meeting the needs of various co-workers and patients, being a strong link in the chain of success for quality patient care. – less
Ok work place. Very different from Tennessee
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Snellville, GASeptember 13, 2013
Typical work. On-Call which i am not used to anymore being from tennessee. Under staff at times.
Interesting
Administrative Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee), Snellville, GASeptember 6, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: 12 hr shifts
12 hr shift, busy fast paced environment, caring staff. Rewarding job.
Productive and fun workplace
Unit Secretary/ CNA (Current Employee), Snellville, GAAugust 23, 2013
Productive and fun workplace and ect..................................................................................................................................................................................................
GREAT PLACE TO START YOUR NURSING CAREER
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Snellville, GAAugust 7, 2013
I WOULD RECOMEND EVERYONE TO START THEIR NURSING CAREER AT EASTSIDE MEDICAL CENTER
Supply Chain Tech (Former Employee), Snellville, GAMay 12, 2013
Typical Day unloading the pallets take medical supplies to assigned area,print inventory report rotate stock make sure supply is in assign bin making sure have enough stock to take through the day.
Learned about stock been expired everything have a expiration date handling emergency situation.
Co workers everyone get along fairly well but everyone have – more... there issue and fault.
Hardest part of my job is when a patient need medical supply and it cannot be provided right there on the spot it have to special order and courier over special delivery..
Enjoyable part of my day is when I know everyone is satisfied and I can go home at the end of the day knowing my day went well. – less
good workplace yet not staffed properly
CT Technologist (Current Employee), Snellville, GAMarch 1, 2013
It is an ok place to work. I have nothing bad to say............................................................................................
Administration is lacking and vindictive
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), SnellvilleDecember 12, 2012
Pros: the hard working staff
Cons: the administration
While I can say that I had some wonderful staff to work with the current Nursing administrator and one director in particular are very lacking. They do not encourage you to speak out about problems and solutions and if you do you will suffer the consequences. The Nurses and Techs work very hard and patient care is great because of that. The staff is – more... very good and they really care but in the end the administration is not first class. I would not encourage anyone looking for a place to work where they expect their boss to have their back( except the Surgical Unit) to go here.I was there a long time when it was good but since 2012 it has dropped off my radar and the turnover has been very high. – less
Average
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaSeptember 15, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: poor management
Great benefits but managment was not professional. Management should have been required to take a course in sensivity and professionalism toward others.
Good environment
PRN (Current Employee), Snellville, GAJuly 9, 2012
Overall a good place to work. I would like more hours but other then that, Eastside is a good company.
Training
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Snellville, GAMay 16, 2012
Pros: team players
Cons: pay
I was offered a position with this hospital to train as a CNA and that is how I got my start in the medical field. The management and teachers were very helpful in getting me started in my medical career. The hardest part about my job was being transferred to there mental health facility and the most enjoyable part was working at the mental health facility
prn only, but love it
Medical Technologist/Microbiology /PRN (Current Employee), Snellville, GAApril 8, 2012
Pros: discounts for employee
Cons: very busy sometimes for a break
STILL BUILDING AND GROWING.

CHANGING LIVES WITH ASSERTIVE TRAINING FOR STAFF