Eastview Terrace Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Highly recommend!
DON (Current Employee) –  Sullivan, ILSeptember 25, 2017
We have a great work team and everyone is compassionate and dedicated here! I have never seen a more resident oriented home that truly puts their residents first. We're a laid back group that gets the job done and we strive for excellence! Come join us!
Pros
Amazing staff
Cons
Could use better insurance
Good job
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Sullivan, ILSeptember 14, 2017
Great administration currently in great shape like a family I love everyone. We have off days but we all pull together to get the job done. I think anyone who gives it a fair chance will enjoy it here
Pros
Good team
Cons
Insurance could be better
Productive and Wonderful
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYNovember 21, 2016
I loved working at Eastview. All of the department managers were fantasic. They really strive to keep their employees happy and taken care of.
Pros
They really work with you instead of just throwing you on the job.
Cons
n/a
Lack of training and compassionate fellow staff members makes it rough for new staff and family members to watch
staff (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 8, 2016
With Peterson healthcare being the owners of many facilities in central Illinois, you would think that training initially and ongoing would be at the top of their list. This is not so. Allowing enough time for any employee, in any position, within their facilities to properly learn their position must be extremely low on their list. It seemed to be their philosophy to throw people in there no training and then point out all their mistakes without any help given. As a family member of a patient there I've seen fabulous employees they ran out of their facility for unsubstantiated reasons. I can't wait to move my family member out of there too and more compassionate facility.
The management could do with less gossip, sitting around, and unprofessional attitudes even though they think they're not being heard or seen they are.
Pros
Two nurses, 3 CNAs, arr good
Cons
Lack of training to new staff, lack of compassion for each other, and overall balance within the facility is poor
Enjoyable but understaffed
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILJune 22, 2015
I enjoyed working there however, we were always understaffed, so it made it very difficult to do our jobs. People called in way too much, always the same people that called in.
Decent place
Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Sullivan, ILOctober 28, 2014
Well...you need to deal with the administrator and the social service director and business office manager who have deep ties to the community and who do not always focus on the job. They have no idea what the DON or MDS coordinator do for the home and how important the role is for the home. They also do not realize how important and difficult the DON job is.
Pros
Cons
paychecks incorrect
Working as a CNA
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILOctober 18, 2013
Ever since I have become a CNA, I have enjoyed it until I was employed at Eastview. Granted, everyone knows that CNA work is not easy or for everyone. I found happiness in caring for the residents, I just had a hard time with my co-workers. Most of the CNA's I worked with on a daily basis were helpful and reliable. However, there were few that I did not go to for help due to their poor work ethic attitudes. I had issues with a nurse refusing care to one of the residents and this is why I was only employed for a short time before I gave my notice. However, I do love being a CNA and caring for geriatrics, I would never apply here again.
Pros
decent pay, available hours
Cons
short breaks, physically/mentally demanding work, co-workers with bad attitudes