Eastwood Homes

Eastwood Homes United States Employee Reviews

Privately owned by a kind and generous family.
New Home Specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 23, 2014
Pros: amazing training!
Cons: you have no control over what community you are placed in.
They care a great deal about building well-made homes. They also provide excellent training with workshops and seminars.
Useless Triad Division Manager
New Home Sales (Former Employee), High PointJune 17, 2013
Pros: pay plan, use your own creativity in marketing
Cons: incompetent triad division president
The job duties are actually fun, challenging, and interesting. It is a rewarding job too. However, having to work with incompetent Division Manager in the Triad area, (who not only lacks common sense, but also the basic skills for leadership) makes this job insulting to retain. The confusion in decision making, the screaming, use of foul language, and the inconsistent messages all prove the deficiency in the division manager capability. Several complaints have been reported during the last year and a half (when the new division manager took over) to the HR department; however, no action has been taken. As a result, turnover in this division is very high. If you regard yourself highly, look somewhere else!

June 28, 2013

Was lucky to land a job with quality builder in the Triad with not alot to choose from. Got to meet owners and have good converstation! They were real down to earth and wanted to know about me and my plans for neighboorhood. Our Triad Division just made a trip contest to Jamaica! Our Manager pushed us and helped us get there at the last hour. I love this place!!!!

Family Owned-Male Dominated -With Limited advancement for Women
Former employee, New Home Sales Triad Div. (Former Employee), GreensboroJune 4, 2013
Pros: compensation
Cons: triad division- upper level management with poor interpersonal skills and bullying tactics
Overall, the product and primary owner of the company are exceptional. Outside training programs are designed for new comers to the business, with little mentoring for those seeking advanced sales skills. Training within the Triad Division is non existent and left to sales associates to train other sales associates.
The Triad Division is ran by a manager with little to no knowledge of the local market, believes in managing through bullying, screaming, and threatening tactics. No support by HR or corporate for resolution, leaving sales associates no alternative but to put up, shut up or leave entirely. Several top producing sales agents have left, predominately woman, with a high turn over since the management change.
Before you make a decision to work for this division speak candidly with other sales associates for the best local perspective. Be prepared for a Good Ole Boy Corporate mentality.
Good Family Company Employing Incompetent Area Manager.
New Home Specialist (Former Employee), Triad DivisionMay 9, 2013
Pros: good income potential, good product
Cons: poor local management
The company offers great product with lots of attention to the details. The compensation is fair. Certainly there is a potential to make great income . Do your research about your assigned community before committing to it. It could make you or break you.

The triad division is run by incompetent manager that is ruining the work environment. Turn over is unnecessarily high. Many tallented realtors left the company comperimizing good income for this reason. This is why they are always advertising for employment.
Great family owned company
New Home Sales Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: income earning potential
Cons: working on sunday
I was super successful at this company for more than 3 years and it was one of the best jobs I've ever had. Was a top producer and easily earned 75 K + a year every year. Family owned with great atmosphere, sales support and management. I stay in touch with and have friends with whom I worked with at the company and all have continued to be successful.
Did not provide me ample opportunity
New Home Specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 21, 2012
Was told I would be placed in a community after three weeks of training. Three months later, I was still subbing for co-workers on vacation.

Eastwood Homes Salaries