Eastwood Homes Employee Reviews

Family owned & operated - outstanding atmosphere
Administrative Manager (Current Employee) –  CorporateDecember 10, 2015
I have been with the company for over 12 years and love every thing about my job. Teamwork is a definite and our management team is by far the best. I would recommend this company to anyone seeking stability and growth. Hands down the Best!
Pros
Family Feel & Atmosphere
Ethical company, good place to work, not much room for advancement
DIVISION CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 13, 2015
Many employees have been there over 10 years, which speaks well of the company. However, new employees generally find it hard to fit into the 'cliques'.
Good Family Company Employing Incompetent Area Manager.
New Home Specialist (Former Employee) –  Triad DivisionMay 9, 2013
The company offers great product with lots of attention to the details. The compensation is fair. Certainly there is a potential to make great income . Do your research about your assigned community before committing to it. It could make you or break you.

The triad division is run by incompetent manager that is ruining the work environment. Turn over is unnecessarily high. Many tallented realtors left the company comperimizing good income for this reason. This is why they are always advertising for employment.
Pros
Good income potential, good product
Cons
Poor local management
Great family owned company
New Home Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 11, 2013
I was super successful at this company for more than 3 years and it was one of the best jobs I've ever had. Was a top producer and easily earned 75 K + a year every year. Family owned with great atmosphere, sales support and management. I stay in touch with and have friends with whom I worked with at the company and all have continued to be successful.
Pros
income earning potential
Cons
working on sunday
Useless Triad Division Manager
New Home Sales  (Former Employee) –  High Point June 17, 2013
The job duties are actually fun, challenging, and interesting. It is a rewarding job too. However, having to work with incompetent Division Manager in the Triad area, (who not only lacks common sense, but also the basic skills for leadership) makes this job insulting to retain. The confusion in decision making, the screaming, use of foul language, and the inconsistent messages all prove the deficiency in the division manager capability. Several complaints have been reported during the last year and a half (when the new division manager took over) to the HR department; however, no action has been taken. As a result, turnover in this division is very high. If you regard yourself highly, look somewhere else!
Pros
Pay plan, use your own creativity in marketing
Cons
Incompetent Triad Division President
Privately owned by a kind and generous family.
New Home Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 23, 2014
They care a great deal about building well-made homes. They also provide excellent training with workshops and seminars.
Pros
Amazing training!
Cons
You have no control over what community you are placed in.
Did not provide me ample opportunity
New Home Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 21, 2012
Was told I would be placed in a community after three weeks of training. Three months later, I was still subbing for co-workers on vacation.
Family Owned-Male Dominated -With Limited advancement for Women
Former employee, New Home Sales Triad Div. (Former Employee) –  Greensboro June 4, 2013
Overall, the product and primary owner of the company are exceptional. Outside training programs are designed for new comers to the business, with little mentoring for those seeking advanced sales skills. Training within the Triad Division is non existent and left to sales associates to train other sales associates.
The Triad Division is ran by a manager with little to no knowledge of the local market, believes in managing through bullying, screaming, and threatening tactics. No support by HR or corporate for resolution, leaving sales associates no alternative but to put up, shut up or leave entirely. Several top producing sales agents have left, predominately woman, with a high turn over since the management change.
Before you make a decision to work for this division speak candidly with other sales associates for the best local perspective. Be prepared for a Good Ole Boy Corporate mentality.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Triad Division- Upper level management with poor interpersonal skills and bullying tactics
Great if you like the movie Mean Girls
Charlotte Corporate Office (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 30, 2014
Overall I enjoyed my time with Eastwood Homes. As a person that kept to himself I was not hard pressed to make friends at work. Also, to be fair I was warned about the people who worked there in my interview, and in the end that was the reason I left the company.

I will state that the owners are fantastic people, and have created a wonderful company. The care they put into each home that is built is remarkable. After all these years a quality home is still the bottom line. They value each member of their staff, and it shows.

However, they are blind to what is going on between the management and staff which creates issues. In some cases there is no where for staff to turn to when the personal drama finds them.

The "leadership" in this company consists of a few hardworking and insightful people, a few frat boys, and some highly unprofessional individuals. Personal relationships or lack there of was at the center of each working day. Coming into the office was the social equivalent to a day at any suburban high school. Gossiping, back stabbing, and flat out disrespect was the normal. Overhearing employees bashing one another in common areas should never be allowed by management, however, not only is it allowed it's them that are doing it.

With a few changes in leadership this company would be an ideal place to work for.
Pros
Great heath care, good pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eastwood Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9