Eat'n Park Hospitality Group Employee Reviews

Great people
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAJanuary 16, 2018
I loved my co-workers in Greensburg! I received many compliments from guests and overall was a great place to work!!

Further more the Uniontown store was awful. My coworkers did nothing to help me. My management wouldn't try to talk to me when I had an issue. They would tell me they didn't have time for me and that I would have to come in 2 hours before my shift started to catch her to talk about my issues. I was afraid of the cockroaches they had there. They showed me one in a little cup with a lid on it. It was just terrible.
Pros
Great store in Greensburg
Cons
Awful store in Uniontown
Server (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 8, 2018
People here are amazing I absolutely loved it . The people I worked so helpful and kind. There was great team work with amazing food. Wish they would open some in texas
Very fun and entertaining work place and the work is always dine
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Weirton, WVJanuary 7, 2018
I love it there. Managers do they’re job but will also crack a joke with you. Very fun work environment, this is my first job and Eat n Park makes me want to keep working.
Pros
free meals, good hours, great co-workers
Cons
gotta work a long time for great benefits
managment and employees
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, PAJanuary 1, 2018
managment was not very good. They let employees Do as They wished come in late or call of unexpectedly whenever they wanted. never had enough staff on the floor. employees were very lazy never restocked pantry or shelves. the employees were very rude and competitive.
Pros
discount
Cons
lazy staff under staffed
Fairly simple
Host (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PADecember 30, 2017
As a host you greet customers walking in and seat them at a table that is in the rotation. You also cash customers out before they leave. You take care of to-go orders and bakery orders as well.
Fast paced work environment.
Cover Manager/Trainer/Line Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PADecember 26, 2017
A typical day depended on the position I held that day. If in the kitchen, I would be prepping , line cooking, and cleaning. If my position was serving, I would be serving guests, working with the kitchen on food orders, and doing side work. If I was cover managing my job would be to attend to guests, as well as front and back of the house staff. In addition I would be providing help in the kitchen, handling end of night reports, and overseeing operations. I learned how to work in the front of the house for the first time in my 20 year career in the industry, giving me the chance to experience managing the dining room. Eat n' Park is a high volume restaurant, where speed is needed to move tables in and out quicker. The hardest part of the job was not being able to have any creative outlet. Everything at Eat 'n Park has to be the same as all other franchised restaurants. The most enjoyable part of my job there was the people that I worked with.
Pros
Free meal for kitchen employees.
Cons
Benefits and advancement was lacking.
great workplace
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaDecember 22, 2017
my typical day would be pleasing people making sure everyone gets what they need
patients
good culture very organized
hardest part rush hour
when you have angry dissatisfied customer
Pros
half off food long hours
Cons
short breaks
Great place - just slow business
Cover Manager/Server (Former Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 21, 2017
As a server, you rely heavily on tips. Unfortunately for Eat N' Park in Erie business is always slow. There are too many servers on the floor to really make any kind of money.
Fun and Cooperative Work Environment
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Robinson Township, PADecember 15, 2017
I worked at Eat n Park, Robinson PA for approximately 2 yrs. It was a very fun and rewarding experience that continuously evolved in a positive direction. The managers and staff were very supportive and were always looking to improve their presence in the kitchen and the restaurant as a whole. They carried a very responsible and knowledgeable staff that was not only courteous but extremely productive as well. The wages were competitive and they offered various benefit packages as well. I was able to successfully manage my finances while affording my way thru college at the time as well while working at Eat n Park. I loved the experience, and they also assisted me with a $5,000.00 deduction off of my college tuition as well just for being an employee within the college education alliance program.
Pros
Wages, Management Staff, Productive Crew
Employment could be better
Cook (Former Employee) –  Irwin, PADecember 11, 2017
The work was easy, but managers we're all on different pages and never communicated. One manager would tell you how to make something then another manager would come and tell you to make it a different way. Employees were nice to work with but management was terrible
It is one big family.
Server (Former Employee) –  Butler, PADecember 6, 2017
The company itself does not care about their employees. A lady I worked with had been there 30 years and she was going through a tough time for a couple weeks and they fired her. She constantly put in her hours and always did her clean ups and helped everyone out. After 30 years they fired her. A company that does that does not care about their employees.
Fun place
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Butler, PADecember 5, 2017
Great company, a lot of opportunities. I started as a host and moved into management within 6 months. Friendly people. Awesome training. Would recommend
Dishwasher
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PANovember 30, 2017
Went in to the dishroom did dishes. stacked them up on the saled bar and cleaned. allso mopped floors and had to clean the bathrooms and take out the trash at the end of the night.
Pros
50% off on brake meals
not a good place to work
servery (Former Employee) –  new yorkNovember 30, 2017
Not a good working atmosphere, very disrespectful, cutthroat and degrading, don't know how to train or acknowledge effort, don't waste your time, general manager doesn't help, point out all negatives
Fun place to work with great employees
Take Out (Former Employee) –  Avalon, PANovember 27, 2017
I started off working about 30 hours a week, I had been overhearing my co-workers say that their hours were getting cut for no reason and next thing I know I worked 13 hours a week. Just not even worth my time. Although it was a great environment, great employees, the management was just something ELSE...
Pros
50% off employee orders. Coworkers.
Cons
Hours. Management.
Fast Pace cooking prepping
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PANovember 14, 2017
A fast-paced work environment cooking I'm prepping learning new ways to cook things and learn things very fast pace good work environment just wish we would have worked together
Pros
Money
Cons
Food
Bad Workplace Environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Banksville, PANovember 11, 2017
There isn't a supportive atmosphere of workers and everyone tends to yell at each other and fails to communicate effectively. The customers are extremely difficult to work with.
Nice job for any age group.
Hostess/Greeter (Former Employee) –  Gibsonia, PANovember 8, 2017
Very nice place to work. You become like family with your co-workers. Very nice customers. Very good management. This was a high school job for me but I would definitely work there again
Dead end of your soul
Cook (Former Employee) –  Butler, PAOctober 29, 2017
You work for nothing and are expected to do 4 people's jobs. Never get out when you are suppose to. Overall just a horrible work experience And I would not tell my worst enemy to work there.
Pros
No pros
Cons
U r a slave to eat n park
Restaurant business is always interesting
Host (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 26, 2017
In my brief experience working at an Eat n' Park I will say it was very interesting to see how a restaurant really worked in regards to the staff interacting with each other. From my perspective as a host/cashier It was fun to interact with customers and make small talk, but it was also very miserable to work with some staff members. I did my job to the best of my ability and In many cases I had to adhere to the "if the customer wants a specific seat, you must seat them there if said seat is available" rule. Now Eat n' Park is very popular for it's salad bar, and with lunch times being slowish many people wish to sit near the bar. One day I was by myself and had a lunch rush to deal with, and many people requested to be by the bar, so I scratched my rotation board over and over and had to double, even triple seat some of my servers. One co-worker of mine wasn't get customers because of this, and she proceeded to yell at me in the middle of the dining room. I of course was very frustrated and went to my managers, regrettably the server who yelled at me did not receive a punishment for her juvenile and disruptive behavior. Working in a restaurant is by no means easy or lacks stress, but there's a taste level that must be met in my opinion. And I felt as if that my management didn't meet that taste level when they didn't take any action. Every place is different of course, just my personal experience was rather... unsettling.
Pros
convenient for breaks, busy, keeps time rolling
Cons
shaky management in my experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eat'n Park Hospitality Group. Our community is ready to answer.