Eat'n Park Hospitality Group Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
write a rewiew
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVSeptember 22, 2017
i really do not want to write a review of this place. i have to write a minimum of one hundred and fifty characters for this program to be happy. done.
Loved it
Busboy/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 20, 2017
Being a busboy and dishwasher isn't bad at all. Got to be unbothered in the back away from people. It was lovely. I enjoyed it so much. Management was great.
I loved my job. Most of my co workers were great but several were just nasty. The cooks were horrible. Sometimes 50 minute checks. Loved the custom
Server (Former Employee) –  Monaca, PASeptember 20, 2017
Never seen such unprofessional management in my life. Several employees were no call no show nothing was done. They scream at people in front of everyone . The cooks flip out if a checks running long and u ask how long it will be.In all my years never seen anything like it.
Pros
Were allowed to trade shifts
Cons
Supervisors only give u a break if it suits them.
Fast paced. We were one big family!
Server (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PASeptember 20, 2017
Everyone I worked with made the day go by so much smoother. We would all help each other whenever someone else needed it. The place for smiles! The management wasn't all that great, meaning the general manager. The assistant managers were sweet and always did what they could to help everyone. Everything was always clean and fresh. The food was delicious and consistent.
Stressful and under staffed
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, VASeptember 15, 2017
This was a terrible job. Under staffed at all times and you must do everyones job as a supervisor. The leadership is poor and they do not take concerns very seriously. Staff takes smoke breaks whenever they want and basically tell management what they are and are not going to do. No team work and unsatisfactory working conditions.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Under staffed
Great employees poor leadership.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 14, 2017
Company has changed for the worse. People no longer matter. The company has lost sight of who takes care of it. I would not recommend this company for the upper management has a lake of compassion.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Poor upper management
I believe that it is a good place for young people to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVSeptember 12, 2017
The low wage and slow advancement makes the company not so well suited for a career but a good temp or starting job. I feel that working for this company is a good experience for any young person or someone looking to just work part-time to help supplement their income, but not so much as a career
Great people, good food, garbage pay.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAAugust 31, 2017
Great place to work, you just won't go anywhere with it. You'll dedicate to them your time and soul and never will you ever see an extra penny for it. It's bittersweet, because the personality of the environment is unbeatable, but at the end of the day we have bills to pay, and Eat'n Park really like to make sure they have enough to pay their own.
Pros
Awesome people, freeish food, fairly flexible hours.
Cons
Bad pay, very busy, young average worker age.
worked with a variety of different types of people
Supervisor, food services (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 29, 2017
Atypical day at work involved helping employees with their day to to day asks, if needed. Also, delegating job assignments and "to-do's". I learned patience, how to be a good teacher/supervior, and I learned a lot about myself as a supervisor role. The job was challenging and always kept me busy---I enjoyed teaching/training others and being someone that employees could go to. The workplace culture was enjoyable, as we all got along well and there was respect for all positions and all employees.
Pros
free meals for breaks
Cons
low pay scales
Not worth it.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Chippewa Park, PAAugust 23, 2017
Typical day at work consisted of seating customers, ringing them out at the register, taking to go orders, baking and icing cookies, making sure all bakery items were out and stocked, making coffee drinks, general cleaning and helping servers when needed.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Unfair treatment, favoritism to servers, fighting, poor work environment
We have friendly people who work there
Hostess/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Boardman, OHAugust 14, 2017
I love the people I work with but sometimes it gets a little out of hand. I honestly think that we should get free food but that's all restaurant workers.
Pros
Discounted price on food.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Happy employee
Server (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAAugust 12, 2017
They will work with your schedule and are very understanding. They have a lot of lifelong employees. Management worked well together and had their employees best interest in mind.
Pros
Flexibility half off food
fast paced work enviroment
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 10, 2017
Ensuring guest feel welcomed and comfortable, serving food, taking accurate orders, delivering meals, making desserts, working the front cash wrap/ handling cash and banking cards, greeting/ seating customers, being an active team member.

management: was very unprofessional; using fowl language, groping team members, and at times encouraging unsafe work environments and bullying

hardest part of the job: was leaving, I loved the self management, setting my own pace and working for every dollar I earned by my own set of ethic. I had to leave because the unprofessionalism was unavoidable and I have standards and morals I abide by as a woman therefor I just could settle with the unprofessional environment, groping and bullying

I loved meeting new people, networking and sharing interest while serving them food.
Pros
food industry general public
Cons
management
Nice family environment to work in
Server (Current Employee) –  Monaca, PA 15061August 7, 2017
Its a great place to get regulars and a lot of families to come in, you will turn tables quickly. Its more focused on quantity than quality. They place too many servers on the floor each shift so you dont always make what you could if they scheduled accordingly.
Fun workplace , Very great management
Greeter (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHJuly 21, 2017
I think Eat'n park is a very good first job .Everyone at my restaurant (Eat'n park in Warren Ohio) is very nice and helpful. Everyone helps each other. We're all Luke a big family.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not free lunches
corporate is ok
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OH 44060July 20, 2017
district management is ridiculous and high turn overs. people are great but management needs work. and there is no work/life balance at all!!! they expect to much out of you for not that great pay.
Fast paced and jovial work environment
Greeter (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 19, 2017
A typical day can vary from fairly slow on occasions such as holiday's, or very fast paced (especially during sport game days).
This job is what you make of it, it can be very exciting and fun interacting with other co-workers and customers. I've learned that you can't take anything too personally when working here. There will be times and customers or co-workers may yell or complain to you but remaining calm and polite can go a long way. The management is fairly understanding and flexible as long as you communicate and are honest with your intentions well in advanced. The hardest part of the job would most likely being able to remain calm during chaotic situations. Lunch and dinner hours can be especially busy and you are constantly being pulled in different directions. The most exciting part of the job would definitely be the great camaraderie amongst the co-workers.
Pros
Half priced lunches, flexible schedule, easy going environment
Cons
Tentative schedules, standing for long periods of time
Ok to work for when starting in the work force
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Butler, PAJuly 18, 2017
Go in and be prepared to step on the go pedal, each day is high paced and requires a lot of determination to accomplish each persons food order. Management is a help at times, but is mostly out in the dinning room making sure each patron is happy. Keeping up with the high pace orders and being able to keep things stocked up in the coolers. I enjoyed heading home at the end of the day knowing that I have accomplished my part in keeping my work area clean.
Pros
Some times getting a free meal
Cons
Pay and time of work isn't full time
what I learned
Prep/bakery (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHJuly 18, 2017
Learned baking for the first time and know what my wife goes through at Christmas Now. people were good to work with very caring like having many Mothers.
Pros
people
Cons
Not enough help at times
I loved the company and the job
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Homestead, PAJuly 18, 2017
The company's training is excellent !!! I like the fast paced environment and the neighborhood marketing factor. It is a family restaurant so the atmosphere is warm and friendly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eat'n Park Hospitality Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Eat'n Park Hospitality Group Reviews by Job Title