Eat'n Park Hospitality Group

Eat'n Park Hospitality Group Employee Reviews

Fun and friendly place to work! or to eat out at!
dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Butler, PANovember 27, 2016
Eat 'n' Park is a fun place to work, everyone is very nice and it would be hard to leave because of that. management is great at communication and helping workers. Eat 'n' Park is a place you'd definitely want to work at!
Pros
Free drinks all day and night, Discounted meals on and off the job, great benefits, flexible hours.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAOctober 28, 2016
It most certainly could have better management skills and communication with employees. Managers tend to develop personal problems with each of their employees.
Pros
Fun work crew
Cons
Management isn't the best.
cleaning
dishwasher &salad bar (Current Employee) –  Grove City, PAOctober 22, 2016
I help out my co workers and managements. Joking and helping out. how to respect my team members. I put way trucks there and I have a lot of help and report hazards and broken items
Great work environment. Good pay.You learn alot from the cooks that have been there working an extended time and the managers are great and patient.
Lead Cook/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 20, 2016
Very high volume company every day lots of great meals that u make. Presentation and speed is key. Stock and prep your own station every day. You'll learn something new every day.
Pros
One free meal on every shift that you work. great hours and pay.
Cons
short breaks.
Working enviroment was fun but management wasn't as good.
Eat N Park Crew (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 16, 2016
For 6/8 months straight my managers wouldn't let me see my pay stubs, I had shortened checks when I would work as much ours as I possibly can. I worked as a baker for 8 months straight when told I would switch positions after 2 months. Over all, meeting all the Co-workers was nice and the experience was great.
Pros
Baking skills learned
good place
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Monongahela, PASeptember 24, 2016
good place to work. i was a server and worked 5days a week. i took orders and gave customers there food and drinks when needed or ready to serve.
Fun Starter Job
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PASeptember 20, 2016
A typical day had me doing line cook and prep cook duties, some inventory and food prep management, and cleaning projects.

I learned how to work on a team both hourly and salaried employees. Communicating my thoughts and feelings in a professional manner and keeping people motivated during stressful situations.

Management was always willing to sit and talk about issues the employees had and would actively work towards finding solutions to problems before they developed further.

Co-workers were fine for the most part. I worked with a lot of strong personalities so we would clash from time to time but we all recognized that we each had something to bring to the table and we were competent at our jobs so any animosity was left at the door each night and we were able to start over the next day without negative feelings.

Hardest part of the job were the midnight shifts. Never very busy and the tasks required of the Shift Manager were very light (though crucial to daily operation) so it left a lot of dead time. Was able to use this time to study independently.

Most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know my team and our regular customers. Located in a small town we were often cooking for the same people at least once a month so we were all able to get to know and appreciate each other which made work a lot less stressful.
Pros
Strong emphasis on taking adequate break time, meal discount, great corporation
Cons
Employees were seldom disciplined for acting inappropriately or out of line.
Nice place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVSeptember 15, 2016
I been working there while I was going to school in wheeling Jesuit university.i still have friends from there.it was my first job in the USA I still would love to go back there but it was a part time job for me while I was in school
They closed in State College
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  State College, PAAugust 18, 2016
It was always slow. I learned the importance of customer service when there was business and I advanced up from host to server and that was better. You made cookies, which was a blast. It was alright there, but I left for some personal reason and they ended up closing the store anyway shortly after.
Love this place
Internship (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 18, 2016
I have grown so much. From the moment I walked in this restaurant, I began learning. I learn the basics tasks of the management position. Also, I learned how to deal with employee conflict. The customers that came in everyday put a smile on my face.
Pros
Free meals only for managers
Typical Family restaurant
Server (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, PAAugust 17, 2016
Chain restaurant that had a big turnover in employees. First server job so liked it at first but some customers were not so nice. Tips were descent but not as good as other restaurants.G
Pros
Good training.
Cons
Hours, open 24 hours
Fast paced work environment.
Buffet Manager (Former Employee) –  Mars, PAJuly 29, 2016
Working at the buffet was a very fast paced job. We were required to keep up the buffet during extremely busy times and slow times. This job helped me improve my time management skills; as you must be able to do multiple things at one time to ensure all duties were done by the end of your shift.
server
Server (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJuly 22, 2016
Work is as expected serving food and beverages. Great experience with customer service. Compensation is decent, server wages plus tips. There is always a need for servers as people need to eat.
Excellent 401 and good managers
Salad Bar Attendant (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PAJuly 21, 2016
A typical work day includes a lot of running and multi tasking. I learned knife skills and gained arm muscles. We have the best managers I have ever had. I enjoy the majority of my co-workers and we try to make work enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is that it is very fast paced with a lot of work and not a lot of time to accomplish it and the pay is lacking. What I enjoy the most is the family environment and that my job does not come home with me. We also have great benefits.
Pros
Great benefits and good discounts.
Cons
Not a good wage
I do not want to review this job
Shift Manager/ Waitress (Former Employee) –  Homestead, PAJuly 2, 2016
I do not wish to review this job. Thank you very much for your time.The company is huge! Many people doing many different jobs that all have to come together for a purpose.
Overall good place to work
Baker/Prep person (Former Employee) –  Bethel Park, PAJune 23, 2016
At the time I worked there over 25 years ago I felt it was a really good place to work. Lots of room for advancement if you wanted it. Good pay, good raises great work environment.
Pros
Room for advancement good pay structure
Cons
working early mornings, weekends and holidays
laid back, fun work environment but chaotic at times
Server (Current Employee) –  Grove City, PAJune 9, 2016
The co-workers are laid back and fun, but it is a stressful place to work. A typical day includes serving customers by take orders, getting drinks, bringing out food, and whatever else they may need. I usually handle a section of five to ten tables. We have a friendly management team; very understandable and reliable. The hardest part of the job is handling a rush, like dinner, especially when we are under staffed. The most enjoyable part is when I make the customer's experience with us satisfactory and they are happy when they leave.
Pros
great co-workers, friendly customers
Cons
usually no breaks, stressful at times
Not worth the money
Take-Out Server (Former Employee) –  Sewickley, PAMay 31, 2016
Worked take out. Started at minimum wage then wage was raised just enough to make me ineligable for welfare medical insurance. Asked for full time hours to qualify for medical with the company even if it meant that i would have to be trained in other areas. Management refused. even though I was pregnant. Not understanding about the work you put in and the way youre treated in the line of work,
Pros
One free meal for every 8 hr shift
Cons
no breaks. short lunch refusal of full time hours and medical insurance
Enp
Baker, Cook, Prep, and Greeter (Current Employee) –  Washington, PAMay 25, 2016
This company has given me the options to be able to climb up the ladder and learn every thing short of actually becoming a member of the management team.
Okay working environment
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Penn Hills, PAMay 25, 2016
Flexible hours. Fun employees. Productive and enjoyable. Great customers. Fast pace with good teamwork. I learned a lot of customer service.

Eat'n Park Hospitality Group Reviews by Job Title