Eat'n Park Hospitality Group Employee Reviews

We have friendly people who work there
Hostess/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Boardman, OHAugust 14, 2017
I love the people I work with but sometimes it gets a little out of hand. I honestly think that we should get free food but that's all restaurant workers.
Pros
Discounted price on food.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Happy employee
Server (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAAugust 12, 2017
They will work with your schedule and are very understanding. They have a lot of lifelong employees. Management worked well together and had their employees best interest in mind.
Pros
Flexibility half off food
fast paced work enviroment
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 10, 2017
Ensuring guest feel welcomed and comfortable, serving food, taking accurate orders, delivering meals, making desserts, working the front cash wrap/ handling cash and banking cards, greeting/ seating customers, being an active team member.

management: was very unprofessional; using fowl language, groping team members, and at times encouraging unsafe work environments and bullying

hardest part of the job: was leaving, I loved the self management, setting my own pace and working for every dollar I earned by my own set of ethic. I had to leave because the unprofessionalism was unavoidable and I have standards and morals I abide by as a woman therefor I just could settle with the unprofessional environment, groping and bullying

I loved meeting new people, networking and sharing interest while serving them food.
Pros
food industry general public
Cons
management
Nice family environment to work in
Server (Current Employee) –  Monaca, PA 15061August 7, 2017
Its a great place to get regulars and a lot of families to come in, you will turn tables quickly. Its more focused on quantity than quality. They place too many servers on the floor each shift so you dont always make what you could if they scheduled accordingly.
Fun workplace , Very great management
Greeter (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHJuly 21, 2017
I think Eat'n park is a very good first job .Everyone at my restaurant (Eat'n park in Warren Ohio) is very nice and helpful. Everyone helps each other. We're all Luke a big family.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not free lunches
corporate is ok
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OH 44060July 20, 2017
district management is ridiculous and high turn overs. people are great but management needs work. and there is no work/life balance at all!!! they expect to much out of you for not that great pay.
Fast paced and jovial work environment
Greeter (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 19, 2017
A typical day can vary from fairly slow on occasions such as holiday's, or very fast paced (especially during sport game days).
This job is what you make of it, it can be very exciting and fun interacting with other co-workers and customers. I've learned that you can't take anything too personally when working here. There will be times and customers or co-workers may yell or complain to you but remaining calm and polite can go a long way. The management is fairly understanding and flexible as long as you communicate and are honest with your intentions well in advanced. The hardest part of the job would most likely being able to remain calm during chaotic situations. Lunch and dinner hours can be especially busy and you are constantly being pulled in different directions. The most exciting part of the job would definitely be the great camaraderie amongst the co-workers.
Pros
Half priced lunches, flexible schedule, easy going environment
Cons
Tentative schedules, standing for long periods of time
Ok to work for when starting in the work force
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Butler, PAJuly 18, 2017
Go in and be prepared to step on the go pedal, each day is high paced and requires a lot of determination to accomplish each persons food order. Management is a help at times, but is mostly out in the dinning room making sure each patron is happy. Keeping up with the high pace orders and being able to keep things stocked up in the coolers. I enjoyed heading home at the end of the day knowing that I have accomplished my part in keeping my work area clean.
Pros
Some times getting a free meal
Cons
Pay and time of work isn't full time
what I learned
Prep/bakery (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHJuly 18, 2017
Learned baking for the first time and know what my wife goes through at Christmas Now. people were good to work with very caring like having many Mothers.
Pros
people
Cons
Not enough help at times
I loved the company and the job
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Homestead, PAJuly 18, 2017
The company's training is excellent !!! I like the fast paced environment and the neighborhood marketing factor. It is a family restaurant so the atmosphere is warm and friendly
every day there is something new
Manager, server and trainer (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHJuly 17, 2017
I have been at eat n park for many years and i have learned many different aspects in the restaurant business while employed there. I feel it is a fun place to work and they do provide a lot of benefits.
not quite a goot the best work place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 12, 2017
enjoyable time with the employees, fun people to be around. the management will under staff cooks and expect the greatest from them. poor on pay raises for hard workers
Friendly Environment And Teamwork
Server (Former Employee) –  McKeesport, PAJuly 11, 2017
I learned how to multitask and take on more than one responsibility at a time without getting overwhelmed. Met a lot of new people with different personalities. My first two weeks were the hardest, just learning the tables and getting down a routine but once I got that down everything was great.
This was not my favorite job.
Buffet/Salad Bar Attendant (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 11, 2017
I worked nights/weekends. Mostly a solitary postion, requiring lots of food prep and cooking. Management wasn't around much during my shift. But my coworkers were fun and interesting people.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
terrible shift, lots of drunk customers
Working for eat n park is a great opportunity for young people to get experience on how to have patience and how to be friendly
Waitress and Hostess (Current Employee) –  McKeesport, PAJuly 11, 2017
Working for eat n park is pretty okay. I will say the customers are the best. You get regulars and you get a relationship and that's always awesome. The hardest part is when you're really busy and everyone's trying to help but can't.what I've learned from eat n park is teamwork is most important and patience is kind.
Pros
Half off food
Cons
Silverware
Eat N' Parks the place for smiles
Shift Manager / Cook (Former Employee) –  Hampton, PAJuly 10, 2017
Eat n' Park is a restaurant chain in Pittsburgh. The employees are lots of fun to work with. The job is often fast paced so the time goes by fast. The company seems to usually be short staffed which causes stressful situations and management is always asking employees to work on days off or longer shifts. Managers on salary are taken advantage of. They regularly are required to work more than 40 hr weeks.
Poorly Managed
Hostess (Former Employee) –  PAJuly 8, 2017
I enjoyed meeting the employees and customers. The pay wasn't adequate compared to the amount of responsibilities given. Poorly managed and ended up picking up a lot of slack from other employees
Best of the Best
Server (Current Employee) –  South Hills Village Eat'nParkJune 28, 2017
I love this company and plan on being involved with it for the rest of my life!
They care about every employee equally and do so much for everyone in the company and surrounding communities!
Pros
Discounted meals, room for advancement, amazing coworkers
Cons
Late nights, inconsistent schedules
The company takes care of you.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, PAJune 28, 2017
It's a good company, with decent advancement opportunities. Wages are competitive and senior management is very accessible. The company offers many discounts with Ford, Verizon, ect...
Pros
Benefits, salary, family discounts
Cons
Small franchise
All aspects of restaurant work.
Server, Hostess, Baker and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 13, 2017
Being a team player is the best way to enjoy this job. It is fun to meet new people and provide a decent meal promptly to customers. Flexibility in scheduling is a plus. The staff is fun to work with.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Extensive cleanups for servers only making $2.83/hr

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eat'n Park Hospitality Group. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval