Eat'n Park Hospitality Group

Eat'n Park Hospitality Group Employee Reviews

Good place to start off
Manager (Current Employee), PittsburghJuly 1, 2015
Great place to start off if you are looking to move into the hospitality industry. Large company with much room for growth but small enough that they look out and help their own employees.
Busy
General Manager (Former Employee), Steubenville, OHMay 21, 2015
I drove a lot to different restuarants. Always on-call. Learned a lot about P&L's and how to manage them. Great People to work with and teaching experiences.
Mid-level opportunties, friendly atmosphere but lacking in efficiency
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Pittsburgh regionApril 10, 2015
Pros: Management enjoys 100% discount of meals, one scheduled weekend off per period, and roughly 50 hours/week scheduled
Cons: Schedule hours are not always followed, and large portions of time are spent doing team member-level work
The culture is strongly family-oriented and fairly flexible in terms of work/life balance, but requires some nudging to keep consistent. There is a considerable amount of work done at the expense of efficiency due to lack of completed structure and procedures. Store volume largely dictates the daily routine of management, and frequent reassignments, especially of newer management employees, make the adjustment process very tedious. At best, the job is largely managerial and administrative with only occasional direct involvement in production. At worst, excessive multitasking and team member-level work is required of management and loses scope of the titular role.
Fun and fast paced environment.
Prep Cook (Former Employee), Robinson Township, PADecember 17, 2014
Pros: fun and fast paced environment. the food items i tried while there was amazing.
Cons: company policy
Although temporary, it was nice to be apart of a fast paced and fun environment. It was nice to see the management staff pitch in as needed, instead of sitting in the office. I learned more about my strengths and weaknesses, in hopes I can prioritize more efficiently and effectively. I'm going to miss working there, but everything happens for a reason.
A job I wouldnt recommend
Greeter (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: discounts on lunches and just making cookies and greeting
Cons: attitudes of servers, begging for more hours, not so clean
The management is not really supportive, the pay is really terrible, not always clean.
Great staff and fun environment
Hostess/Greeter (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 26, 2014
Great staff, fun managers, versatile work, and at times can be a very stressful.
Fun Workplace
Server (Former Employee), Baldwin, PAMay 23, 2014
Great managers, friendly co-workers. Decent salary. I enjoyed making people smile. It was difficult for me to vacuum floors while pregnant.
productive , always something to do
Server, Waitress (Former Employee), Erie, PAMay 15, 2014
Pros: daily cash flow
Cons: sidework
A typical day as a server is pretty basic . The job title explains it , Its not the most complicated job , but it has taught me a lot of patience and multitasking . Your part of a team , but most of the time your doing your own thing , getting your guests any and everything they would like .Your help them enjoy one of the mot important part of the day , Dinner time ! Serving of course has its flaws , just like any other job but overall I think its a good experience , and theres nothing that bad about it to not want to do it .
Fun place to work at.
Cook (Former Employee), Bridgeport, WVFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: great employees, and worked around school as best as possible
Cons: nothing at all
Busy at times and very fun. I figure out I was a pretty good cook. Management was very helpful and professional. Co-workers were great people and fun to work with. The hardest part of my job was I was still attending high school. I had to go to school, then go to work until ten or eleven o'clock. Cooking for people and them enjoying it.
Busy
Drive Through Window Operator (Former Employee), Monroeville, PAFebruary 12, 2014
Every day I would answer phone lines and write down what customers ordered from six in the morning until three in the afternoon, which would be the breakfast and lunch rushes. I learned how to use a touch screen system to input information to the cooks for them to make what was ordered and how to multitask. My co-workers were mostly nice, but a few were very rude and expected me to do their jobs as well. The hardest part of the job was when the lunch and breakfast rushes came and I would have all four phone lines busy. My favorite part was that if a customer didn't pick up their food within an hour of ordering it, whoever was working could eat it, so I tried new food.
Fun and Joking With a Loving Work Area
Greeter/Cashier/Baker (Former Employee), Swissvale, PAJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: half off 1 meal while working/% off for working anytime/family environment
Cons: breaks are short
~I Would Walk Into Work
~Clock In
~Wash Hands
~Check The Oven
~Pull Cookies Off The Racks And Ice Them
~Watch The Front And Go Seat Or Go To The Register When Needed
Fun Place to Work
Server (Current Employee), johnstown, paJanuary 4, 2014
I love working for Eat'n'Park! Such a great atmosphere to work in.
Working environment
Waitress (Former Employee), Johnstown, PANovember 9, 2013
Nice atmosphere to work in. Flexible schedule. Co-workers were nice to work with as well.
Great company providing endless potential
Assistant Director (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 4, 2013
Pros: work-life balance, advancement, company resources
Parkhurst Dining has provided me with immense opportunity to grow both professionally and individually. Upper management and the corporate office has been nothing less than accommodating. I am working for people that care about their employees.
rewarding
Manager (Former Employee), State College, PAOctober 8, 2013
Food service is a difficult field, but Eat'n Park has a great training program and do move you up the chain quickly if you want to go places in the company. With it being a chain you get opportunities to transfer to other places. Great career for a single person. Pays well if you have the time to give.
Frustrating at best
hostess (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 11, 2013
Pros: one free meal
Cons: short breaks, low pay, hostile work environment
The waitress bicker over seating. While this is understandable due to the nature of their occupation, it gives no excuse to harrass the ones who seat them. If a customer does not want to sit in their section, then we find a seat to their liking. The management should be more understanding and cooperative with their staff and not take sides. This has been one of the most unsatisfactory places to work.
Average work experience
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 21, 2013
Average restaurant work experience with good, reliable general manager. Co-workers were give or take, depending on the individual. Enjoyable learning the regulars and conversing with them. Hardest part of the job was under-staffed shifts at times.
Allows me to utilize my skills
Food Service Team Member (Current Employee), Pittsburgh PAJune 6, 2013
This position allows me to use skills such as team work, customer service, multi-tasking etc.
Restaurant
Hostess and Server (Current Employee), Mentor, OHJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Great place to work/ Great environment and the management is very flexible and caring.
Good environment
Server/Expediter (Current Employee), Somerset, PADecember 14, 2012
Pros: friendly staff
Your day can really vary depending on how busy or slow the restaurant is. I learned a lot about working with others and communicating with customers. The hardest part of this job is dealing with the pressure it can be hard at first but once you are use to it you will do just fine. I loved the busy work environment and the regular customers.