Eataly Employee Reviews in United States

new company needs time to work out kinks
food prep (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 3, 2016
Chefs are very hard to communicate with, most everyone else go with the flow New York mentality not everyone on same page
Pros
generaly nice people to work for
Cons
not consisante
highly recomended for starting line cooks to enhance skills and career goals.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2016
i loved the atmosphere the chefs and the way you learn more then just cooking the menu items they teach of the origins of many foods and the culture.
Pros
free lunches friendly enviornment
Very open place great for growing in the business
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 23, 2016
Working for this company was a little overwhelming but one thing I loved about it was that the customers were very understanding, patient even tho the lines were almost out the door they knew that the business was great. Even when frustraded everyone always had a great time and smile on their faces which made the days of work better.
Pros
lunch time not only was it free but it was to die for they alwasy did the best lunch
Cons
Night shifts didnt get to have that kind of lunch
poor management
Activity Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 6, 2016
trash- poor management, work life on jeopardy always, co-workers are straight out of jail, always pay me late, unorganized schedules for staff
No Future in this Job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 27, 2015
Eataly is a nice place to work at first but the longer you stay then you begin to realize that it is not the place that you want to move forward in long term. Management has it's favorites and they are not as easy to work with you when it comes to scheduling as you might think. They have a total disregard for people that have kids. They will write you up for the littlest thing even if you are one of the best workers there plus there is a lot of fake people in this place especially management.
Pros
Free meals, Medical, Dental, vacation time, sick days, 401k and Location
Cons
Management and hours
Worst produce manager ever
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  ChicagoAugust 20, 2015
Worse job I have ever had in produce. Manager was disrespectful. If you want a stressful work environment I don't recommend Eataly
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Management sucks
Good company
Garde Manger/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2015
Eataly was an exciting place to work until my 50 hours a week caught up with me also while being in school full time. I ask to receive part time hours but my manager said he didn't need me just part time so unfortunately I had to part ways because of management.
Pros
good hours
Cons
no manger communication
Terrible management
Busser (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 31, 2015
You will go above and beyond for this place and will feel let down. They don't appreciate anything, they will overwork you! HR BLOWS! MANAGEMENT BLOWS!
Pros
Decent money
Cons
everything
It was a brand new store, so there was a lot of people trying to advance their positions
Barista (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 26, 2015
The job was challenging, but exciting. I learned something new everyday; and since latte art was something that was brand new to me, I focused hard on perfecting the different designs. They really emphasized customer service as well, pushing us to go above and beyond our "typical" duties to please the guest.
Overworked and underapperiated
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 20, 2015
This is for someone in school or can deal with favoritism and being told something you not are .

You will not be appericative
Productive and fun active place
Supervisor/Management (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 23, 2015
It was a wonderful place to work at. A new experience and love every minute of it!! I loved making pasta everyday and using high tech Italian machines!! the hardest part of my job was managing all the different personalities in my staff.
Pros
got free pasta and discounts
Cons
young inexperienced staff
straight disrespectful when it comes to what you need from them...
cashier, foh (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 28, 2015
You will put in all the work you can . Work overtime for them come in when they need you to and when you need the day off its a straight no, or they Will think on it. I started off there when they first opened up and it was a experience you thought was once in a lifetime. They make you think That you have hope there and that you would be with the company for a long time. But they will let you go because they have there favorites . And the people you suppose to trust which is HR they are the biggest snakes in the store unless your sucking up prepare to be fired.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything
A new experience
Housekeeping/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 18, 2014
This was actually my first time working in a restaurant but it was enjoyable, working with different ethnic groups, different nationalities, it was extremely amazing, just not enough hours
Pros
free lunch
Cons
frequent breaks
Looking for a new job
Prep cook/butcher (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 30, 2014
Some sous chefs make your job harder than what it is and for that reason this is a bad place to work
Pros
paid every week
Cons
no respect
Exposure to some the best food in the industry
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 24, 2014
on a daily bases, I get to see a wide array of veg-protein-seafood.
Pros
family meal, exposure to food
Cons
limited work in central kitchen. i don't want to fight to cook.
ok work place very busy body
GELATO MAKER (Former Employee) –  chicago ILSeptember 27, 2014
language barrier
to many chiefs not enough Indians
unclean
the way they treat their wrokers is very bad
lot of racism
Pros
discount on food
Cons
extra short breaks
Not a place I would recommend
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IlJune 10, 2014
Upon starting here they tell you about how great it will be but it is not! The managers have obvious favorites and upper management is not very involved. HR is not very useful in resolving issues and the wages are a joke.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
wages, healthcare, management
Lots to learn at Eataly !
Host/Server (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2014
Always something to do, eat and learn at Eataly. Great place to gain experience.
Was a good place at first.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New YorkNovember 2, 2013
When I started working there it was a great experience but obviously everything starts off like that. Management isn't understanding full of nonsene actually. A lot of favoritism going on in the company minus the free food that looks like scraps of food actually not like what they serve the customers.Some customers act very snobby because they think they have money and you are suppose to answers to all their needs.
Pros
gained experience about italy's culture
Cons
short breaks, horrible management, favortism
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 28, 2013
At this very high volume location, I sharpened my customer service expertise and enhanced my leadership skills. I learned how to be a better listener, and the value of reliability to my fellow co-workers. The hardest part of the position was NOT keeping a smile on my face. The customers and just the energetic atmosphere made my position here very enjoyable.

2.9