Eaton Employee Reviews

Found 1,497 reviews matching the search
great place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Grafton, OHAugust 15, 2017
They gave me a chance to show what i could do. i enjoyed working here. they showed me the basics of GMAW and i learned the rest through school and asking for advice from others.
Love The Job
Welding Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCAugust 14, 2017
Job is excellent, but the management is horrible. When work is slow, they expect you to stay busy even though you have nothing to work on. It's not like it's your fault.
Pros
Great Insurance and 401k plan
k place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCAugust 14, 2017
k place to work friendly environment and good hours and good training company has good reputation in community and its a well known company
Pros
good shifts
Cons
hard to move to other work sites
Poor Management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Duncan, SCAugust 13, 2017
Eaton has hired three different site managers, and three different HR managers out of the years I've been employed.
In addition there is no work/life balance because of the amount of overtime working 6 and 7 days a week. I would recommend this job for a person that loves to work overtime including the weekends.
Pros
Working 1st shift-Supervisor is nice
Cons
Lack of pay, the culture, extreme OT working 6-7days-no work/life balance
To much overtime and pay is low for the job you do.
Tester A (Current Employee) –  Arden, NCAugust 10, 2017
To much overtime and no real job security and to much favoritism. But on the good side you get your benefits the first day, and the benefits are very good.
Pros
overtime
Cons
to much mandatory overtime
Horrible it doesn't even derserve 1 star
Toolmaker (Former Employee) –  Searcy ArAugust 10, 2017
Why would this company get rid of hard working employees that have worked there for over 20 years, some over 40 years, and replace them with inexperienced 20 year old employees? I can tell you why! They are greedy vultures. When Vickers owned this plant it was a great place to work but Eaton has turned it into a horrible, micro managed mess. Now for some reason those of us 50 years and older can't even find other jobs! I don't think Eaton Searcy Ar will be in business long. The parking lot sure looks empty. Hmmm
Pros
It was wonderful until Eaton bought it
Cons
Micro managed poor health, dental life insurance. Employees are not valued.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Americus, GAAugust 10, 2017
A typical day at Eaton was usually not bad at. I would go in get started on whatever needed to be done. Kept busy and before I knew it my shift was over. I learned a lot from being crossed trained from assembly to clerical. Examples: Assembly learning the different ballasts and becoming familiar with the different side plates. Clerical: Keying materials in and out of the warehouse and doing Cogi at the end of every month. Management was good I never had any problems with management. The workplace culture was carried out very strongly on the rules and regulations which was fine with me. The hardest part of the job was during Inventory, and the most enjoyable part of the job was working as a team and getting the job done!!
I ran one of the machines
MACHINIST (Former Employee) –  Spencer, IAAugust 8, 2017
Typical plant work with a machine that you operate daily. I learned many things while my time at Eations, sadly the plant did a lay off and I was included in the numbers that was laid off they went by hire date only. I was offered the position at Houghton International at the same plant only on contract, although I did not make as much money to start with the security was much better with Houghton Int. I did really enjoy the people that work at Eations they are some of the hardest working people around.
Pros
Great job as long as they had orders to fill
Cons
Laid off
Excelent place to work
Set up A (Current Employee) –  Las Piedras Municipio, PRAugust 7, 2017
Working at Eaton I have had the opportunity to learn different positions because at Eaton you are given the chance to cross train.
This is great for your resume and for a good work experience. Also Eaton has a great work environment and space to grow as an individual and professionally.
Pros
eaton will pay for your college
Cons
being a temp. worker they only allow a year.
It was ok
Utility Operator - Chemical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIAugust 7, 2017
Terrible management decent pay and benefits. I worked there for two years and had 6 supervisors during that time. There were months at a time we didnt even have a supervisor. that says a lot right there.
Eaton
Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Arden, NCAugust 5, 2017
Eaton is a very good company to work for. The compensation is competitive and growth opportunities are available. The few managers I have had have been very professional and nice to work for.
Fast paced work enviroment
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARAugust 3, 2017
-12 hours
- Continuous work flow
- Hardest part is being on your feet for so long
- Learned how to manufacture hydraulic hosing
- Producing well inspected product requires everyone's full attention
quite place to work not to many surperviser around
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 3, 2017
it was very easy work but it was very hard to get hire on they laid me off and that it. so no I wont want someone to work for them at all... The hours I work was from 6am-230pm and overtime tell 330 or 430 and came and work on Sat. for 5 hours
Pros
hours wore great and the overtime was good.
Cons
I was a temp for 7mo. and no benefits...
Asembler (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCAugust 3, 2017
This is a very unique work place to be apart of. They are a very productive company that has a lot of potential of customer growth to meet customer needs.
Pros
productive
Cons
productive
Great employees
Master Scheduler / Scheduling Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, OKAugust 2, 2017
A very high turnover in the upper mgmt. area, but overall a nice place to work. The people go out of the way to get the job done and there are times of the year that there is a lot of OT.
Fast Paced Environment
Manufacturing Manager (Former Employee) –  Roxboro, NCAugust 2, 2017
Automotive supplier, 24/7 operation. Lots of opportunity for growth if you are willing to put the time in and relocate. Cross functional teams are the norm and you can stretch yourself as much as you want to.
Great job
Pipeline Operator (Former Employee) –  Manteno, ILAugust 1, 2017
Good place to work with great pay and benefits. I like traveling and performing various jobs within the company. Well organized company and opportunities to advance within the company.
Great place to work and build a career
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 1, 2017
Great place to work very secure for the time I was there and management there was great as well really made me feel like they cared about The employee safety and personal needs really listen to what the employees had to say and try to compromise and come up with a solution
Assembly
Assembly Tech (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARAugust 1, 2017
Learned reading blueprints. Learned how to use different hand tools to remove burrs and flaws in the valve body. Learned where the different valves went to. Loved working here and my supervisor was great always willing to help out
The best
Steel Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCAugust 1, 2017
Eaton Corp is a very fair place for employees I would recommend anyone to work for this company! Great pay. Equal opportunity! This job was a life changing employment!!
Pros
Ued
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eaton. Our community is ready to answer.