Eaton Employee Reviews

Great career starting positions
Inside Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIAugust 21, 2016
Eaton Corporation offers the stability and advancement opportunities typical of a large-scale business. Due to economic conditions, it is difficult to get hired there, but they also focus on promoting within, which is very encouraging.

However, with acquisitions and upper-management changes, many of the new middle-managers became promoted that would not normally have been. This has led to a difficult working atmosphere for several groups. Overall a good company though.
Pros
Competitive Pay, Friendly work environment
Cons
Micro-management, No 401k matching for 12 months
Political, Favortism, poor management
GTM Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Highland, ILAugust 15, 2016
Very politically driven environment that rules management decisions, actions and styles. Little to no training. There is little communication in such a large corporation is of the utmost importance.
Compliance issues for sure.

Teamwork is expected, without team building efforts made by management - either get in a "click" or be left out.

Eaton utilizes tons of contractors who are not treated as part of the team, but expect them to act as full team members.

Salary is good, but in my opinion, not enough to stay with all of the above in mind.
Pros
money
Cons
everything else
Work is easy to learn to do but management doesn't want to listen to what makes job easier
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 16, 2016
I enjoyed my job, but when asked how to make things better,an agreement didn't want to listen to ideas. I worked there for 4 years and it was nice when management respected you an the work you did, but then they started changing management and getting rid of people who had been there for many years
Pros
Hours
Cons
Benefits got worse, place is really hot in summer and cold in winter
Work for company globally known in their field.
Line Leader (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, ILJuly 27, 2016
I work for a highly diverse company. My day is fast paced and at times can be very stressful. I have learned to be patient, communicate with a very diverse work force, I have also learned that you can't always wait for things to come to you, you have to help make it happen. I like to learn and be challenged and my employer does this quite regularly.
Pros
recognition programs, retirement benefits, 401k, health and life insurance, pension plan, paid vacations.
Cons
no job advancement
Good environment to work great people
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCJuly 25, 2016
Good place to work, I would go out to different pods and pick orders for different customers and take them to be verified and after verified I would take pallet to packed down with paper and packed properly and secure, then I would load it onto the Big Mac Wrapper to be wrapped and then loaded onto the carrier provided and you would continue this process
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
No off days
Wasn't a bad Place to work.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARJuly 21, 2016
It was a good place to work at first. As the years progressed though the management quantification changed. They began hiring individuals that had no concept of the machines that they were in charge of. and adjusted the work schedule to reduce our pay while the CEO was giving himself a 3 million dollar raise.
Pros
excelent beneifits, 3 and 4 day weekends before schedule adjustment.
Cons
poor management, poor engineering.
pay is good but LOTS of faverotism
assembly (Current Employee) –  South Milwaukee, WIJuly 5, 2016
If you get in the right department your ok but on days there is alot of favortism and you dont go nowhere if the manager doesnt like you no matter what shift you go to in that dept. The pay is good. The co-workers are all very friendly and if you like OT there is plenty of it. One thing else that is bad is you go in as a contract worker. If you can get a job that gets posted on the outside you get hired othewise you are just let go. There is no temp to hire.
Pros
pay is good friendly co workers
Cons
too much favortism, bad way to hire people
Great learning curve while doing different positions.
Assembler /Quality Control Inspector / Assembler (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 26, 2016
I really enjoyed working with a wide diversity of co workers. I was able to apply for different positions to expand my knowledge of the job. What I really enjoyed was calibrating the machines 2 times a day and working on the activities committee for the whole plant.
Pros
The people I worked with.
Cons
The job moving out of the country.
Safety high on the list of doing your job right, a very good thing.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHJuly 12, 2016
I liked it because,it was a fast paced job. Always busy, the day flew by. Confirming production work order,running pre-shippers, picking up products to ship, building and shrink wrapping skids, to putting together shipping documents. The hardest part was dealing with the major changes in temperatures within the building.
Pros
Short drive to work.
Cons
Jobs moved to Mexico
Great place to work when VICKERS owned it.
Senior Machinist (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARJune 27, 2016
I worked there for 19 years. Vickers owned it when i started. EATON BOUGHT IT AND RAN IT IN THE GROUND. I have never been written up or been in trouble on a job IN MY LIFE. I do know they have people writing reviews to make themselves look better. I would avoid this place at all cost. I am talking about the Searcy Arkansas location. I turned in a two weeks notice an left on my own. An i am a better happier person for it. Please do not trust these people. Do yourself a favor and ask around before you consider working here. You wont have to look far to find someone with the same opinion i have.
Pros
Good pay. But they were working on taking that when i left.
Cons
Trust level is 0
Eaton Internship
Intern, Global Leadership Development Program (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 27, 2016
The company has a great reputation both within its industry and within its workforce. There's great emphasis placed on work/life balance.

It is a large and bureaucratic company, so experiences vary greatly from team to team. My team was geographically separated which made it difficult, especially as an intern. The work was interesting and people were great, but the process was cumbersome.
Pros
Work/life balance, Great industry reputation, Good products
Cons
Bureaucratic, Large, Slow
Great company with great management. Lots of room for advancement
Customer Service Representative III (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 23, 2016
Worked my way up from CSR I to top level CSR with no more room for advancement. Very thoughtful and understanding manager and upper management. Advancement were given when necessary. Given the opportunity to travel and train coworkers in other facilities with similar job responsibilities. Great experience. Loved the idea that I was interacting with numerous departments. Was able to reduce inventory by 200K on the inventory reduction program. I was commended for maintaining a 99.9% accuracy inventory rate.
Pros
Great comapny that recognized the hard work and acted accordingly
Cons
No more room for advancement from within.
manufacturer
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NEAugust 28, 2016
come in set up machines and manage them to run on 24 plus hour cycle

machinery work and the component that make them function

management was constantly changing

co workers were typically exhausted but friendly

the first few weeks of learning the machine

knowing i made something that helps a vehicle function
Pros
great pay
Cons
7 days a week 3rd shift no family time
Fast paced/teamwork atmosphere. Long work hours most weeks. Fair pay. Advancement opportunities apply if you are willing to relocate or drive further
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, OHJuly 1, 2016
Team work-oriented environment, great benefits. Can be extremely stressful at times. Most enjoyable are co-workers. Standard working hours per week are 50-60 hours.
Pros
good benefits, fair pay
Cons
production moved out of the country
job advancment with good work skills
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Three Rivers, MIJune 29, 2016
good job at the time, had good pay, good benifits, and good people to work with. Became a team leader within a year because I showed leadership and I wanted to learn as much as I could about my job. Had different Managers throughout my time there, some good some not. Got along with everybody.
Pros
Big Christmas party, always fun
Cons
moved to Mexico, cut alot of jobs
It was no fun work, work all the time.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ellaville, GAJune 28, 2016
It was a good experience for me I really learned a lot about scheduling and getting orders shipped to customers on a timely manner. The stress that came with it actually made me stronger and showed me the importance of receiving your products on time.
Pros
There was none except work, work work
Cons
I learned to always put customers first.
Eaton is a diversified company actively managing shareholder returns and employee safety
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAJune 8, 2016
This is a large company. Eaton's Lighting division has a solid strategy to integrate lighting and controls further into the building industry.
Pros
Good healthcare packge if you are healthy
Cons
Cumbersome corporate processes in many areas slow the ability to adapt to changing market conditions
Business Professional
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Moon, PAJune 2, 2016
Eaton Corporation is a multinational power management company. Eaton provides solutions to its customers to manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power efficiently, safely and sustainably. I work in the Credit and Collection Financial Services for the Electrical Sector. My main focus is financial risk mitigation and customer account maintenance.
The work was easy but the management was not up to part
OUTBOUND SHIPPING LEAD (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSJune 16, 2016
The learned how to operate a new forklift, I have gotten my typing skills up to part..The management team was unfair, the hardest part of the job was not the work but trying to get the management all on the same team...The most enjoyable part was leading my team to a successful work day
Pros
FREE LUNCH
Cons
NO BENEFITS
Worldwide organization that will teach you a lot.
Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Santo Domingo, PRAugust 18, 2016
It's a place where you will growth personal and professional. You will learn a lot about World Class job culture and business systems. Job culture is amazing, everybody is motivated and focused to get the desired results.
Pros
Extra bonus on December
Cons
Low pay rate.