eBay Inc.

eBay Inc. Employee Reviews

A lot of exposure for selling you items
Power Seller (Current Employee), Austin, TexasMay 25, 2015
Pros: Gives your product the exposure to be seen by the entire world.
Cons: Ebay only allows the customer to leave negative feedback and not the seller., They certainly are for the buyer more then the seller!
There is a lot of research that must be done in order to list your products. It must be accurate as well as detailed. You must take very good photographs and pricing must be that that is competitive. I am speaking of course of a store listing in a "Buy it now" sanerio. I never listed an item at auction for any less then I would take as a bottom line price.
Productive and fun with a pool table
Inventory Control (Former Employee), McCarren, NVMay 21, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: Wild animals
Started day out with doing a box audit, then putting away product that was incorrect. Learned that it was harder then it seemed to work with the same people everyday that had odd attitudes, but loved learning how to get a time management down to a the very last minute.
Its a big warehouse and good people there
House Keeper (Former Employee), Hurstbourne, KYMay 15, 2015
Well at this job that I worked at is a nice big air conditioning warehouse. Its a fast paste moving area to be in with forklifts and rabbits such as riding pallet jacks going place to place.

The hardest thing about this job was that you have to keep moving around to look for trash and replace the gaylords such as the big boxes for cardboard boxes.

My favorite thing and most enjoyable about this job was the rabbits. The riding pallet jacks were so much fun and it got the job done faster than you know it.
eBay is no longer a good company to work for.
Web Developer (Former Employee), King of Prusia, PAMay 13, 2015
Pros: As GSI this company was great to work for
Cons: eBay bought us and GSI died.
eBay bought GSI (an e-commerce company) and laid off key personnel without any logical reasoning. Then they decided to sell us off. Laid off the personnel who made them the money and put those how didn't know what they were doing in charge. Morale is very low. Many employees have left. Middle management has no idea what direction the company should be going in. eBay is no longer a good place to work. The board cares more about money in their pockets. I left because I had nothing to do since November 2014. Some might find that appealing but the days get very long. My manger and supervisor and half of the team I worked with were left go in February. I just figured my time was next.
fun enjoyable
customer service (Former Employee), melbourne flMay 11, 2015
Pros: pay rate
Cons: very short break
working at ebay was very fun i had a lot of positive hard working people around me who motivate me to work harder and reach higher goals
Awesome
Accounts Payable clerk (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIMay 11, 2015
The job was amazing, the people are great, and always willing to help. They are a great group of people and are willing to help you get where you want to be.
Appeals
Dispute appeals (Current Employee), Draper, UTMay 11, 2015
Pros: Free gym, the cafeteria is awesome, the overall ebay culture is awesome, my team coach was the most amazing human ever
Cons: screaming people, non stop calls, no work life balance the pay
Working in the dispute appeals dept is awful. The pay to listen to people literally scream all day is horrendous. I get that customer service can be bad sometime but this is out of control. sellers calling in and screaming like small children throwing temper tantrums is insane. Not worth the pay.
Working from home
Power Seller (Current Employee), Canton, GAMay 10, 2015
Pros: Working from home.
Cons: Not having enough room to store inventory.
I enjoy the ability to have worked from home and spend time with my now 3 year old daughter. Being my own boss has been very fulfilling.
Most of my colleagues have been laid off
Key Account Manager (Former Employee), Draper, UtahMay 8, 2015
Pros: decent compensation, being able to dress casually
Cons: treated like a mushroom LOL
I was part of layoff in 2013. Almost all of those I worked with have been laid off since in the account management department.
Managers are very restricted in what they can share with their teams.
Everything at the top is very hush hush. You feel competely helpless to influence anything the company is doing. I worked in marketplaces. You have to have college degrees to move up.
Quiet, fun workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLMay 7, 2015
Receiving calls from customers with questions or concerns about their online order. Co-workers and managers are very nice with correcting mistakes or if you were uncertain about a policy. Also very encouraging. It was hard dealing with customers who always complained, but it was great when you can hang up with a smile on your face.
Used to be the best
TSAM (Former Employee), Draper, UTApril 28, 2015
Pros: Game room
Cons: No concern for employees
eBay was the best company to work for ever, until it wasn't. The company cared about employees, and rewarded hard work. That lasted about 5 years and then it changed. Sad, really.
Fun Exciting
MD (Former Employee), Huntvalley ,MDApril 27, 2015
Pros: salary, work
This company has strong plans and goals they would like to hit. However by them being a new company with the global and collection world they have struggles to keep consistent with rules and policies.
Ad Operation Specialist (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 27, 2015
My typical day at work is working with large cross functional teams to ensure we meet or exceed the clients' campaign goals.
Ebay USED to be an AWESOME!!! place to work, UNTIL the management changed.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brunswick, GAApril 26, 2015
Pros: NONE ANYMORE!!!
Cons: Dead End Job!!!
Ebay USED to be an AWESOME!!! place to work, UNTIL the management changed hands, NOW, people are Quitting left and right! The Current Manager over our vertical IS A COMPLETE Dictator! Assigned Seats and ALL, ( I mean Really, We Are ALL adults HERE! ) My coworkers are EXACTLY What made the job enjoyable and bearable! The pay is Already Horrible enough! Now WE have to be Miserable too!!!
Excellent Platform
Seller/Account Representative (Current Employee), South CarolinaApril 22, 2015
EBay is a great platform that allows you to work for yourself. You post when and what you want, within guidelines, of course. You can charge what you want, and you interact directly with your clients. It has made supplementing income a breeze.
Fun
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Shepherdsville, KYApril 22, 2015
Fun, productive and fast paced environment.
Innovative and Industry leading.
Great balance, associate friendly atmosphere.
Great benefits and great teamwork.
Too much to put in not enough to pull out
Ebay Global Store Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth ,TexasApril 19, 2015
Pros: Small extra cash
Cons: Lots of time invested For LITTLE
This company's tactics are mischievous and are for profiting towards the Ebay Annual Revenue and money laundering through paypal.
Ebay and paypal lie about the total cost of running an online store with them often GOUGING at the income from every sale.
Some sales come cheap while others with the same amount of cash transfer pack a hidden fee usually about 6-10% And then you must pay another 10% to ebay for final value and shipping fees which add up to 16-20$ of your whole sale sometime taking ALL Profit from a sale.
fkexible hours
Sales (Former Employee), ebayApril 18, 2015
flexible hours, unlimited income, the only thing i dont like about them is that they only protect the buyers not the sellers
A decent entry level job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLApril 17, 2015
Pros: PTO and Carry-Over Holidays, Set schedules, Job security because customers are absolutely idiotic (this is also kind of a con)
Cons: Incompetent management, Nasty customers, Staring at a screen all day, This company will hire ANYONE
This is the kind of job that I doubt I could stand for more than two years. Yes, it seems easy (from an outsider looks in perspective). We get to sit down for 8-hours a day and basically do nothing. (Almost) all of the information is laid out in front of you, and you just need to assist the customers in the best way that you can. It sounds great, and simple (which it honestly is) if it weren't for the people who are actually calling. I would say about 90% of the contacts you receive are because the person is experiencing some sort of problem. Many people are angry, and they are not afraid to take it out on you. It's not that I as an agent take it personally, however the negative vibes definitely wear you out. After a full-time work week of hearing people complaining, moaning, cursing at you, and basically calling you the biggest idiot they have ever had the displeasure of speaking to, you wonder how some people have done it five days a week for 5, 10, 15 years. I could never. I would literally rather do ANYTHING else than work at this company longer than I have to.

As a chat and email agent, you are also expected to take phone calls at a moment's notice, while still maintaining the email/chat productivity expectations. This is fine every now and then, but incredibly infuriating when it is an everyday occurrence. Particularly frustrating is the fact that the management of my department can't seem to get their act together long enough to realize the huge and unhelpful scheduling errors they are accommodating. I work a late night shift, leaving a few hours past midnight. Usually, – more... I am one of two people in my entire department at the end of my shift. Daytime shifts, as coveted as they are, are far overscheduled... to the point where massive amounts of people get sent home every day, leaving service levels to begin spiking around 8 or 9 p.m, when coverage starts to thin. This kind of timing mistake is so easily noticeable to everyone. Everyone, but the people actually in charge of the schedule.

Advice: if you are an upcoming agent and your vertical features an "amazing" email and chat team... do not join it. Under any circumstances. If your vertical is anything like mine, then your supervisor will expect you to do three times the work of a phone agent while upholding far more stringent quality standards, for the same $10.00 an hour. It is totally and completely not worth it, unless you have a short temper and are easily irritated, in which maybe the phones would not be the best option. Either way, every training session you go to for new partners or tasks basically just means that you are earning the company more money while making barely over minimum wage... so don't stress too much over this job. Pleasing the customer is far less important than your sanity and blood pressure. – less
Exciting environment
AV/VC Specialist (Current Employee), San JoseApril 16, 2015
Pros: fast paced, great environment
Cons: Long days, lack of support.
Maintain Video Conferencing equipment in 150+ conference rooms
Work with deployments to ensure accurate delivery
Shipping and Receiving of all AV equipment
Work with vendors to execute accurate project completion
Assist in closing tickets and handling escalations
Work with operations on new policies and procedures
Connect and assist in executive meetings
Maintain inventory of all AV equipment
Participate in meetings on overall VC activity.

1 2 3 4 5

About eBay Inc.

The world’s leading e-commerce company, eBay Inc. brings together a family of brands that connect communities. Built on – Read more

eBay Inc. Salaries