eBay Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Place To Work
Short Term Planning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTSeptember 20, 2017
eBay is an amazing place to work! The pay really well, They have free vending machines, they bring in a company to feed everyone once a week. They truly care about each one of their employees.
No Work Life Balance
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 19, 2017
Expected to work above 40 hours a week and be available all the time. No option to advance. management only cares about numbers and not employee health and stress levels are high for everyone
eBay
Videographer (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTSeptember 18, 2017
Its a great company to work for. Great pay and benefits but definitely micro managed and leadership changes too often which can effect progress and movement.
Great
eBay Seller (Current Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYSeptember 17, 2017
It is great and a fantastic place to work yes it is fantastic having a wonderful job. Every morning I rise and shine and head off to a fantastic job, thank you very much.
Productive Environment
Senior Manager, Safety & Security, Americas Region (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 15, 2017
Great place to work with developing culture. CEO engaged completely with company mission and developed a great attitude for others to emulate. Loved attending quarterly business updates and seeing progress being made and feel empowered as a part of a full functioning team. However, senior management did not effectively communicate with their teams and understand the challenges, leading to a lack of trust at times and concerns on what direction the team was moving towards.
Pros
Fun and interactive work force.
Cons
enior management not in tune with departments needs and did not communicate goals and visions well.
fine work place
QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 13, 2017
To work in ebay is very good experience. Had a chance to learn new things.work environment was great. Had a chance to work with best team. Management is also quite good.
Merchant with eBay
Merchant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2017
eBay is a platform I use to sell goods, I was not employed by eBay. I would buy goods from sites like liquidation.com and resell them on eBay for profit. At first it was good business but now things are not going so well.
Cons
eccesive fee
Self Employed
Small Business Owner (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaSeptember 7, 2017
Great company just starting out - it was very profitable. However, over time they started nickle and dime you and it became very hard to make money...
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Lack of profitability
Excellent Company
Head of Seller Sourcing & Inventory (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTSeptember 7, 2017
Great benefits, great people and great atmosphere. If you are willing to work hard, take some risks and put yourself out there you can do grow and excel.
Stressful job but benfits that more than compensated
Manager, Customer Experience (+multiple roles) (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 6, 2017
I worked at eBay for 17+ years. I couldn't have done that if I hadn't felt I was treated fairly and equitably. Lots of room for advancement if you're motivated, and leaders are very fair in work-life balance, compensation, providing a positive, uplifting culture.
Good Company Great Benefits Fair Pay Corporate Environment
Senior Motors Long Term Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 5, 2017
The benefits are excellent. The managers are not the best, but compensation is fair. Many many changes to adjust consistently. Culture is not bad. Changes bring layoffs and adjustments. Big corporation now. Employees are just numbers.
Pros
Excellent Benefits Fair Pay
Cons
Big Company. Many changes with layoffs.
Awesome!
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 5, 2017
Excellent customer support and buyer/seller protection. The few issues a had with selling my items had nothing to do with this business but rather USPS in shipping and delivery protocol. Highly recommended.
Pros
Independent contractor
Cons
Fun job to have if your self motivated!
Purchaser (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 3, 2017
Worked selling on eBay for 9 years. Its fun and you learn a lot about business and products. Depending on how you do the job you can make your own salary and really have a go get em attitude! Fun overall self paced job that really can be rewarding.
Pros
Hours, Pay
Cons
Benefits, 401k, Insurance.
Overall
Ebay Seller (Former Employee) –  Garfield, NJSeptember 2, 2017
I was a seller for eBay so it was basically self employed because I would sell items that was either rare or I knew someone else will want it. Some days it will take forever to find a customer some days it wouldn't. But overall it put money in my pocket.
Pros
Get paid on time
Cons
No benifits, Takes time
Poor Management
Office Administration (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 29, 2017
They spend a lot of time telling lower level managers they have to play by the rules. They have to follow the policies and procedures. Then the Senior Leaders don't set the example, blindside people, say they will coach, but don't.

The culture is promoted as being very positive and employee oriented but it is not
my experience
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Bloomington IllinoisAugust 28, 2017
eBay is basically a good supplement income job. It is fun to go to auctions and search for items to buy and resell. Competition is high for someone is always lowering there items more than yours and finding a wholesale company to buy items in bulk for low prices.
Pros
work your own hours and be your own boss
Cons
eBay fees are high
need of better management
Content Curator (Contract Position) (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 26, 2017
I was a contract worker, and believe they should invest in their employees. I liked the people in my team, but it is very silo-ed off. I guess I would say that they need a better business model and category tree. they are way behind in e-commerce
Listing, Shipping and Receiving
Stunt Trader (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, TXAugust 25, 2017
We included our eBay store with our retail store and online forum for motorcycle parts and accessories. We were a small office and slow paced. We owned the company and sold after a couple of years.
Politcs, politics, politics
Coach (Current Employee) –  UtahAugust 24, 2017
No work/life balance
Poor management
Lack of accountability
Only room to advance if you sped your day shmoozing. do not plan on promoting based on merit and work alone.
Self Employed as a Store owner
Online Retailer (Current Employee) –  Beacon, NYAugust 24, 2017
This was a great way to manage your own business. I learned some great skills and was able to make some good money. Great as a side gig as well................

Ask a question about working or interviewing at eBay Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.