eBay Inc.

eBay Inc. Employee Reviews

NA
Contractor - Technical Sourcer/Recruiter (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 27, 2015
Job Work/Life Balance was great
Compensation/Benefits met my expectations
Job Security/Advancement was great
Management was amazing
Great place for a budding businessperson.
eBay seller (Current Employee), Home addressJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Work from home
Cons: Fluctuating wages
A user friendly auction site with minimal overhead that is ideal for the first-time self employed. With eBay you can put in a many hours as you like, and once you hit your stride it's easy to make a profit on numerous items.
Excellent Project Management / Leadership / Colleagues !!
DevOps (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Diverse workplace, lots of interesting projects
Cons: No cons. Nothing bad.
When I reflect upon my experience at eBay, the first thing that comes to mind is "perfect project execution at scale." From the initial idea, to Gantt chart, to milestone execution, to delivery. Perfect. – more...

The second thing that comes to mind are the people. Even though I was a contractor, it really "felt-like" I was part of the team, my contributions were welcomed. My colleagues were available and approachable via Skype, phone, or e-mail.

They trust you to do the right thing, and they trust that you have enough sense to ask if you're not certain. – less
Amazing, talented people
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: great location
Cons: not 100% on board with working remotely
eBay connects amazing people with a desire to do great things. Management encourages innovation while supporting change and improvement.
Good Place to work
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee), Reno, NVJuly 25, 2015
Fast paced, they kept us inform about companies changes, will let you move others areas if was slow, hours when by fast and friendly co workers
Great Benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Brunswick, GAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Insurance
There are many aspects of the Ebay company. The department I worked in was very enjoyable and had friendly co-workers. Benefits are great for insurance, 401K, and stock options.
Company with the best benefits I have ever worked for.
Performance Engineering Lead/Architect (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Healthcare benefits, RSUs
Cons: PTOs do not carry forward
In the short period I have had with this company, I have noticed that people are very technical. Very passionate people.
The Pay was great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Good pay, diverse company, caring supervisors
Cons: laid off with no explanation, No room for advancement, a family emergency(even if you do call 3hrs early) will count as job abandonment, expect to see favoritism.
The job is all about "crowd control". Many people call upset and it's about being able to communicate efficiently with them as well as being able to help and assist in any way possible to make the experience more enjoyable for the customer.
It's a good job!
Change Management/Creative Producer (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Great people and company!
Cons: low pay
I'm so happy I started my career with eBay! They're very good at helping you grow and develop. People are extremely kind, and slightly overworked. It's a great place to grow!
high paid, helpful co-workers and very friendly management
Data Center BI and Financial Analyst Internship (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 18, 2015
Pros: high paid, good working environment, friendly and helpful management
Cons: office politics
pretty good big tech company, working environment is so good and relax, free coffee, drink and fruit all day at kitchen, and high paid for both interns and full time workers.

People here are all friendly and helpful, hard-working. I guess advancement will be hard if you cannot master good relationship with the higher management people.
Protective and fun workplace
Front End Developer (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 14, 2015
With the work-life balance that the company promotes, it gives me the freedom to do more activities outside of work that help enhance my personality. Stress, for me, is just a thing of the past.
Get to use your imagination to sell
Sales (Current Employee), Arab, ALJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Work at home
Cons: Some things don't sell
Love to sell unique collectibles and antiques when I can. I've been selling since 2002 and never get tired of it. A typical day at work is taking pics, measuring item, listing it, waiting on someone to bid. I have no co-workers or management. Hardest part is finding a box. The most enjoyable part is when someone receives my item and they love it.
perfect way to make extra money on the side
Seller (Current Employee), Pocahontas,ARJuly 11, 2015
Pros: I'm my own boss, easy money, own hours
Cons: Unpredictable sales
I like selling on ebay because it allows me to work by myself and on my own time. I'm my own boss and responsible for how much work I get done. It's an excellent and exciting way for me to make money to supplement my income.
eBay as a whole is lovely, GSD is horrible
Merchant Support Policy Consultant (Current Employee), Draper, UTJuly 10, 2015
The Global Service Delivery org (customer support, operations etc.) is horribly run, management is horrible. They micromanage everything, including advanced employees, work life balance sucks an they don't appreciate anyone.
Good for home-based business
Individual Seller (Current Employee), home-basedJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Competitive and effective online shopping
Cons: fees is too high sometime.
I have learn to manager my own store at Ebay like how to set your price, list your own products and do the shipping yourself. It is the most convenient and efficient website to sell your stuffs.
GSI
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLJuly 9, 2015
A taxing contradiction of highs and lows in moral, sociality and ethics. A gravitation for those less burdened with acumen.
Fun Place to Work
Manager (Current Employee), Salt Lake CityJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Onsite gym and cafeteria
Cons: Work/life balance
eBay is a great place to work, but work/life balance can be kind of tough. Especially during the holidays.

The culture is the best part of working at eBay. Everyone works hard and is passionate about the company.
Exciting and fun researching and finding items to list.
eBay Lister (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Listening to music while working on the computer.
Cons: No benefits.
Listing items on eBay website. Gathering items and relocating them to work site. Hardest part of the job was researching antique/vintage items. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work on the computer.
Good work/life balance but no room for andvancement
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 6, 2015
Pros: acceptable benefits, diverse work environment
Cons: short breaks, 40 hours of phone time per week
I answer phone calls 40 hours per week and speak to customers who need business development. Usually, the calls are inbound. When I am not on the phone, I am training new hire classes to take calls and – more... field the inquiries that we get as phone agents. The most enjoyable part of the job is the different personalities I encounter all day and also getting to help develop other employees. The hardest part of the job is the abuse that sometimes comes with speaking to a disgruntled customer on the phone. – less
Ebay Enterprise
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Brunswick, GAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Work from home
I have been working for this company for a while simply because I can work from home. The pay is very low and the client I work for is very inconsistent and is not agent oriented. I truly feel like they don't care about the agents as long as their unrealistic goals are met.

1 2 3 4 5

About eBay Inc.

The world’s leading e-commerce company, eBay Inc. brings together a family of brands that connect communities. Built on – Read more

eBay Inc. Salaries