eBay Inc.

eBay Inc. Employee Reviews

work environment
Intern (Former Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 3, 2015
It was a great company. I would totally go for a internship again in the future. I really enjoyed everything about the company
Good place to sell any items.
Seller (Current Employee), onlineJuly 30, 2015
Pros: send me notification every time I sell something.
Cons: high fee percentage.
Good job, you can make a good amount of money if you have the items peoples are looking for. There are people who want to take advantages from the seller, but if you have any problems on eBay you can give they a call and they will help you.
Great Place To Work
Seller Fraud Agent (Current Employee), Draper, UTJuly 30, 2015
I really like the company and the way it treats its employees. They continue to strive towards a work life balance. The benefits and culture in the organization are also great.
Not a great place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Brunswick, GAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
very unstable environment. poor management. never knew if your job was secure or not. you hardly ever get a full break. Lots of backstabbing going one among fellow coworkers.
NA
Contractor - Technical Sourcer/Recruiter (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 27, 2015
Job Work/Life Balance was great
Compensation/Benefits met my expectations
Job Security/Advancement was great
Management was amazing
Great place for a budding businessperson.
eBay seller (Current Employee), Home addressJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Work from home
Cons: Fluctuating wages
A user friendly auction site with minimal overhead that is ideal for the first-time self employed. With eBay you can put in a many hours as you like, and once you hit your stride it's easy to make a profit on numerous items.
Excellent Project Management / Leadership / Colleagues !!
DevOps (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Diverse workplace, lots of interesting projects
Cons: No cons. Nothing bad.
When I reflect upon my experience at eBay, the first thing that comes to mind is "perfect project execution at scale." From the initial idea, to Gantt chart, to milestone execution, to delivery. Perfect.

The second thing that comes to mind are the people. Even though I was a contractor, it really "felt-like" I was part of the team, my contributions were welcomed. My colleagues were available and approachable via Skype, phone, or e-mail.

They trust you to do the right thing, and they trust that you have enough sense to ask if you're not certain.
Amazing, talented people
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: great location
Cons: not 100% on board with working remotely
eBay connects amazing people with a desire to do great things. Management encourages innovation while supporting change and improvement.
Good Place to work
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee), Reno, NVJuly 25, 2015
Fast paced, they kept us inform about companies changes, will let you move others areas if was slow, hours when by fast and friendly co workers
Great Benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Brunswick, GAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Insurance
There are many aspects of the Ebay company. The department I worked in was very enjoyable and had friendly co-workers. Benefits are great for insurance, 401K, and stock options.
Company with the best benefits I have ever worked for.
Performance Engineering Lead/Architect (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Healthcare benefits, RSUs
Cons: PTOs do not carry forward
In the short period I have had with this company, I have noticed that people are very technical. Very passionate people.
The Pay was great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Good pay, diverse company, caring supervisors
Cons: laid off with no explanation, No room for advancement, a family emergency(even if you do call 3hrs early) will count as job abandonment, expect to see favoritism.
The job is all about "crowd control". Many people call upset and it's about being able to communicate efficiently with them as well as being able to help and assist in any way possible to make the experience more enjoyable for the customer.
It's a good job!
Change Management/Creative Producer (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Great people and company!
Cons: low pay
I'm so happy I started my career with eBay! They're very good at helping you grow and develop. People are extremely kind, and slightly overworked. It's a great place to grow!
high paid, helpful co-workers and very friendly management
Data Center BI and Financial Analyst Internship (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 18, 2015
Pros: high paid, good working environment, friendly and helpful management
Cons: office politics
pretty good big tech company, working environment is so good and relax, free coffee, drink and fruit all day at kitchen, and high paid for both interns and full time workers.

People here are all friendly and helpful, hard-working. I guess advancement will be hard if you cannot master good relationship with the higher management people.
Protective and fun workplace
Front End Developer (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 14, 2015
With the work-life balance that the company promotes, it gives me the freedom to do more activities outside of work that help enhance my personality. Stress, for me, is just a thing of the past.
Get to use your imagination to sell
Sales (Current Employee), Arab, ALJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Work at home
Cons: Some things don't sell
Love to sell unique collectibles and antiques when I can. I've been selling since 2002 and never get tired of it. A typical day at work is taking pics, measuring item, listing it, waiting on someone to bid. I have no co-workers or management. Hardest part is finding a box. The most enjoyable part is when someone receives my item and they love it.
perfect way to make extra money on the side
Seller (Current Employee), Pocahontas,ARJuly 11, 2015
Pros: I'm my own boss, easy money, own hours
Cons: Unpredictable sales
I like selling on ebay because it allows me to work by myself and on my own time. I'm my own boss and responsible for how much work I get done. It's an excellent and exciting way for me to make money to supplement my income.
eBay as a whole is lovely, GSD is horrible
Merchant Support Policy Consultant (Current Employee), Draper, UTJuly 10, 2015
The Global Service Delivery org (customer support, operations etc.) is horribly run, management is horrible. They micromanage everything, including advanced employees, work life balance sucks an they don't appreciate anyone.
Good for home-based business
Individual Seller (Current Employee), home-basedJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Competitive and effective online shopping
Cons: fees is too high sometime.
I have learn to manager my own store at Ebay like how to set your price, list your own products and do the shipping yourself. It is the most convenient and efficient website to sell your stuffs.
GSI
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLJuly 9, 2015
A taxing contradiction of highs and lows in moral, sociality and ethics. A gravitation for those less burdened with acumen.
Headquarters