eBay Inc.

eBay Inc. Employer Reviews

eBay Culture
L2 On Site Technical Support (Former Employee), Portland, ORDecember 11, 2014
I loved working for these guys. It was a great, relaxed environment with a terrific work ethic beneath everything. My problem was that I was a contractor and got caught in a layoff. None of the eBay people wanted me to leave. But that didn't make the difference.
The eBay developers are a great bunch of people and if you're lucky enough to get in there, – more... count your blessings and work hard. It's worth it. – less
Unstable work environment
Seasonal Representative (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLDecember 11, 2014
Pros: two paid 15 minute breaks
Cons: mandatory undertime
The job itself is a peaceful job to work in but the management for the Sports department has way to much drama. The best thing to do is to find a secluded computer and just work.
Productive and boosting workplace.
Logistics Coordinator & PowerSeller (Current Employee), San Jose, CADecember 8, 2014
Pros: awesome environment for community interactions and sales.
Cons: high sales percentages.
Executed all clerical/administrative tasks and provided member services. Performed supervision and mediation over stocks, sales, trades, and profitable gains. Accelerated through a thorough understanding of the project and company policies and guidelines, and how they were best executed. Administered acts upon phone reception, banking, payroll, typing, – more... accounts payable, accounts receivable, money transfers, and basic operation duties daily under the authority of eBay, Inc. Appointed additional leadership positions, marketed, and solicited all brands of electronics. – less
Great for self starters
Online Auctioneer (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 5, 2014
Pros: work from home, be your own boss
Cons: no benefits, not enough hours in the day
If you can motivate yourself to work from home, then this is a great job. It's just you and your clients, nobody else. You get out of it what you put into it. I only stopped because of health benefits. You're on your own being self employed.
Great for personal life
Self Employed Owner/Operator (Current Employee), Chandler, AZDecember 4, 2014
Great place to work if you have somewhat odd hours or need to make your own schedule.
productive unsure of actual hours to be worked
warehouse worker (Current Employee), walton, KYDecember 3, 2014
schedule was 6am-4:30pm Tuesday - Friday. Mandatory over time was every day not scheduled. There were days we wouldn't be there for an hour but would get sent home due to no work.
People
Calls Representative (Former Employee), Brunswick, GADecember 2, 2014
Pros: bonues, incentive for working holidays, prize drawings, work acknowledgements.
Cons: hiring team, mangers organization for flexible hours. inconsiderate for single moms.
Most people may not consider this, but where you work is only one important factor. A major factor is the people you work with as well as for. You want to have Managers who care about your growth and care about the company, as well as fellow employees who are teaching correctly to the new comers and actually acknowledge concerns of them. This company – more... is much like this, though the hiring team are very disrespectful and always looking for and making excuses. – less
I am my own boss.
Ebay Independent Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Greendale, WIDecember 1, 2014
I frequently attend estate sales, rummage sales, and thrift stores to purchase products for resale, photograph, write descriptions, post products on ebay. Mail out sold products in a timely manner, in order to insure customer satisfaction. Send out buyers feedback, verify Paypal account balance.
A unlimited electronic market place with world wide appeal
Sales Proffesional (Current Employee), Germantown, WIDecember 1, 2014
Pros: great exposure, #1 rated internet market venue.
Cons: profit and shipping and funds processing sharing.
Experienced professional with more than 12 years commitment in emphasizing sales, marketing and business development in internet sales along with the drive, determination, and expertise to take your sales to the next level.
-- Sales
 -- Networking
 -- Internet Marketing
 -- Budget Management
 -- Customer Service
-- Inventory
Sold on Ebay from home office
Registered Ebay Seller (Former Employee), Stanhope, NJ work from homeNovember 30, 2014
Pros: worked on my own time schedule
Work was done part time from my home as a seller on Ebay. Made own hours, worked alone. Received 100% feedback, made sure all items were packed securely and sent out in a timely manner. Ebay did not hire me per se. After purchasing so many things from Ebay myself, I decided it would be a fun way to make extra money and began selling on the website.
Big Data eDiscovery
TAM Technical Account Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CANovember 25, 2014
Pros: nice campus
Cons: contract
Predictive Coding and scoring tools were used to find the most relevant documents for Legal Hold and Legal review by Corporate Attorneys.
Productive Busy Environment
Site Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 23, 2014
Pros: pot lucks, bonuses
Cons: short breaks, hard management
Daily job:
Handle cash transactions
Balance and check all checking, savings and business accounts
Make sure cash drawer tallied at the end of the day
Make sure all checks are accounted and credited for
Handle loans and loan payments

The hardest part of the job was pressure from management to make sure the customer is happy and the transaction was done – more... in a timely manor.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working and bonding with the employee's. – less
Great company
Head of Text and Product Listing Ads (PLA) (Current Employee), San Jose, CANovember 21, 2014
That offers work life balance, great technologists, top level talent to work with
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Plantation, FLNovember 20, 2014
I have been an ebay seller for several years now. I have sold collectibles and more recently am a clothing seller. My ebay experience has had it's ups and downs over the years but mostly due to user error and NOT to ebay's customer service or support.
My Customers
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLNovember 19, 2014
Pros: good pay, friendly coworkers, excellent supervisors.
Cons: short breaks.
I talk to over a hundred people a day during my calls, and I must say that I love it. I meet so many people, and some of them have the most amazing stories and are just the nicest people. I have my angry customers, of course, but even those are good.
Great Place To Work
Senior Financial Business Analyst (Current Employee), Draper, UTNovember 17, 2014
eBay is a great place to work. The health benefits are incredible and the work life balance with pto, sabbatical, wfh opportunities are great. Advancement is great. And if you are willing to move, there are even more opportunities to continue your career in San Jose.
Work on your own time schedule
Internet Sales -eBay-My Sister's Armoire (Current Employee), Downers Grove, ILNovember 13, 2014
It is nice to work on your own time schedule and still have time to fit in family.
Great teamwork
Seller Development Team (Current Employee), Dallas TXNovember 12, 2014
Pros: alot of time off available when needed
Cons: no room for real advancement
I enjoyed working with all the employees, everybody was very friendly. The management was very supportive and helpful. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with unhappy sellers.
RIT QAAutomation
• Creating XML's based on XSD's and sometimes using XML's only
 – more... Validating Tests using data driven Automation approach through RIT
• Worked on various message patterns like Send\Receive, Publish, Subscribe
• Used Tag-store to Parameterize the XML requests, flat .dat files through RIT
• Setting up validation structures through RIT, generating XML's and setting rules based on the
Map files
• Automating end-end flow of a Retail application – less
The Grass is only greener where you water it.
Business Development Team Leader - Level III (Current Employee), Draper, UTNovember 10, 2014
Pros: benefits & compensation
Cons: cmanagers & directors without vision, only execution.
eBay's benefits are what makes the company so attractive. They diluted the quality of candidates by lowering their standards over the past few years to allow non-degree applicants to hold leadership positions; which has attracted lower level under-performing, sometimes scheming managers to run things. Manager Level & Above Leaders are arrogant and lack – more... true desires to be creative. I always hear...pull a lever, or go for the quick win. Nobody really invests in the big win (long-term strategies). – less

1 2 3 4 5

About eBay Inc.

The world’s leading e-commerce company, eBay Inc. brings together a family of brands that connect communities. Built on – Read more