eBay Inc.

eBay Inc. Employer Reviews

Good work life balance with smart people around
Product Manager - Business Health Insights (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAMarch 24, 2015
Cons: Frequent senior management attrition, leading to reorgs / policy changes and long term strategy is still a little vague
eBay let me have an impact to thousands of people. eBay has the scale to better the lives of hundreds of millions of people, and for the most part they try to do just that. Good work-life balance and good compensation.

Challenged with high profile projects but not consistently. There are some amazing people at eBay and there is a lot to be done to get the company back on track.

Good benefits like free gym, free breakfast.
we had great monthly meetings were great.
Receiver Associate level 2 (Former Employee), Walton, KYMarch 21, 2015
Pros: we got pizzas on fridays in the weeks in december.
Cons: the have poor communication skills.
I received a lot of stuff for different companies. How to receive and how to receive right. The management team was very good . Co-workers were like friends and like family. Hardest part of the job was lift all that cat litter. Was great part of the job was the quarterly meetings and getting the great gifts that give at the meetings.
Starts out fun but ends in disaster DON'T BELIEVE EBAY'S LIES!
Customer Solutions Teammate (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 20, 2015
Pros: Benefits starting day 1 of employment
Cons: 30 minute lunches, get pulled aside and griped at about using the restroom.
I worked here for only a short period of time, and I was amazed with the stupidity, uptight, ignorance, insecurity, paranoia and other things this company showed me. I was always getting griped at for using the restroom too much. You know what, I'm not going to hold my waste just because it's "Distracting" to you. They put on this big show for all their new hires but when you have to use the restroom they get all uptight. DON'T BELIEVE EBAY'S LIES! It's not paradise like the people who work here say it is.
Working for eBay over 8 years was rewarding and I grew a lot there.
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee), Draper, UTMarch 17, 2015
Great company to work for. Great company for learning about ecommerce, search, and big data.

Relaxed work culture
innovative company
Scope for growth
good management
Work as you like when you like
Self employed (Current Employee), New JerseyMarch 16, 2015
Selling on e-bay is fun, I work when I want and don't work when I don't feel like, holidays are the most fun times since sales is good, after the holidays, sales goes down but it does balances with the profit made during the busy days.
Stressful but somewhat worth it for people with no college.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Brunswick, GAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: paid time off, great health benefits, opportunity for a lot of overtime during peak season.
Cons: stressfull at times, never sure about your job's security.
A typical work day consists of answering customer calls for a certain client which you have somewhat minimal training on, which can make things escalate very quickly. Learning as you go, its a sink or swim job. You do have resources that are somewhat organized but do not cover everything. The benefits are great, and if you ask for help, most of the time you get great help if you appear to be asking good questions. Its a very business oriented atmosphere, which means if they do not need you, well good-bye. Management is efficient and I have come across some very great individuals working here. The best part about the job is interacting with interesting people from diverse backgrounds. What I have learned from this job is to get my college degree as soon as possible and be the least expendable wherever I may work.
Self reliant
Seller / Buyer (Former Employee), Crystal,MNMarch 16, 2015
Pros: freedom
A great online company with good tools to let someone become as big as they dream. They were a positive experience in a tough time.
Great place to building opportunties
Project Specialist - University Programs Community (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 16, 2015
-Enjoyed working for eBay as a full time and contract worker
-fun enivornment
-great people
-mulitple locations in the bayarea
-flexible work life balance
Innovative Company with Promise.
Director, Client Services (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 16, 2015
Pros: young culture, great location, unlimited office snacks and drinks
Cons: ambiguity in job roles and lack of leadership at the mid-level.
eBay Enterprise is a young company that offers a culture of innovation.

The company is still trying to find its sea legs admidst acquisition and reorgs but it is definitely doing very innovative and game-changing marketing in ecommerce.

The most difficult part of working here is the ambiguity of job roles but this can also create opportunity for those who are more entrepreneurial.
Fun product workplace with great benefits
Customer Development Specialist (Former Employee), Draper, UTMarch 12, 2015
Ebay is a great environment that has great benefits for it employees. they match 401k on first day and provide great health care and stock option benefits. its a pay for performance company meaning they provide great bonus for their best employees.
Learned puppet and Bash scripting
Software Developer (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAMarch 12, 2015
It was a normal company work day. Environment atypical due to upcoming ebay/PayPal split and a lot of re-organizing.

Like many companies, smart people.
Good workplace and I learned a lot
Senior Manager II / General Manager (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 11, 2015
eBay was a good place to work. Many smart people. Good work life balance. And it's a great brand name. I learned a lot during my time at eBay.
eBay Summary
Quality Control/Resolution Senior Lead (Current Employee), Shepherdsville, KYMarch 11, 2015
Supervising and leading employees to ensure accuracy and completion of all tasks. seeing day to day tasks were completed as well as working with customers and customer service.
Great Company!!! you Cant go wrong
SR. Product Manager (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 10, 2015
Pros: pay, free drinks, weekly snacks, gym, game room
Cons: pto used for all vacation and sick
Fantastic company. Fun, great pay, great culture. The people are what make this place somewhere you want to work. Great Pay, game room, free drinks, great benefits.
eBay Enterprise / Magento is not a great place to work
Manager of Global Technical Support - Magento (Current Employee), Culver City, CAMarch 10, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: work life balance is non existent
Magento (an eBay Enterprise Company) is located in the heart of Culver City. Its can take nearly 1 hour during peak traffic times to drive 12 miles to the location. Once you are there parking is limited and you either have to have an assigned space or fight to find a spot.

The Magento product is built on PHP. There are only 50,000 true PHP developers in the entire world (5,000 in the USA) which makes it extremely difficult to find talent to support the product. Leadership is short sighted and does not have plans to use a widely more universal language such as Java (10 Million Developers world wide).

Advancement seems to be very frowned upon in several departments. (Mainly due to the lack of talent)

eBay is also selling off eBay Enterprise which has also lead to nervousness in the workplace.

Leadership seems to believe that work should come first over family and creates a difficult culture for people with young families.
Great company to work for with a very friendly environment!
Associate, Affiliate - Publisher Development (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: catered lunches, on-site massages, happy hour, christmas parties and summer picnic
Cons: compensation and no room to grow and develop
Worked with a number of publishers to ensure they were satisfied with our products and promoting the advertisers efficient and effectively.
pretty easy going work place
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLMarch 2, 2015
this job helped me learn a lot about working in big offices, it shows you also that in the working world its not always about your skills its about who you know
eBay Enterprise is a very good place to work.
Safety & Security Manager Whelan Security (Current Employee), Martinsville, VAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: i am allowed the freedom of setting my work hours as needed.
Cons: i drive one hour to work and then one hour home each day.
I manage and train 22 safety & security officers normally. During the peak season, this number increases to 30. I investigate all incidents especially those with injuries. If a constant is identified, we address this with training or corrective measures. In the fulfillment center, there are many conveyors. Conveyors are very dangerous and I help with properly training the trainers.

The best part of my job is interacting with the people. I enjoy getting to know people and if I'm able to, help them make there job easier and safer.
Intelligent eBay staff pro-actively changing with the technologies
Workflow Operation Engineer (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: bagel wednesday, onsite staff service (car maintenance and dry cleaning), and on campus cafeteria
Cons: headcount across the organization was low
At eBay, it was an fast paced work environment with many positive challenges taking place daily. There can be countless alerts or tasks that must be addressed to meet the SLA (service level agreements).

The most enjoyable tasks at eBay was been able to troubleshoot technical issues with other groups to find the root cause of the matter, and being able to make suggestions to make their application run more efficient. The important thing I learn was teamwork. As an organization, we were able to logically plan out time and tasks for each team member to do as a part of the bigger operational support shared goal.
fast pace and good hours
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee), Richwood, KYFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: management was inspiring and sociable
Cons: when working more hours didnt give an extra break just stretched normal breaks apart
a typical day would be to go in and attend morning meetings to find out ho much work we had and would be expecting, start work position immediately after morning meeting, be very productive in timely manor, learned how important timeliness can be during a peak season. My supervisors were approachable but firm. my co-works were easy to get along with and worked well as a team. hardest part was it was very computerized and if systems were down it was impossible to do the work that need to be done by a deadline. Feeling to be an important part of a successful company with a strong working team and pay day.

1 2 3 4 5

About eBay Inc.

The world’s leading e-commerce company, eBay Inc. brings together a family of brands that connect communities. Built on – Read more

eBay Inc. Salaries