eBay Inc.

eBay Inc. Employer Reviews

My Customers
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLNovember 19, 2014
Pros: good pay, friendly coworkers, excellent supervisors.
Cons: short breaks.
I talk to over a hundred people a day during my calls, and I must say that I love it. I meet so many people, and some of them have the most amazing stories and are just the nicest people. I have my angry customers, of course, but even those are good.
Great Place To Work
Senior Financial Business Analyst (Current Employee), Draper, UTNovember 17, 2014
eBay is a great place to work. The health benefits are incredible and the work life balance with pto, sabbatical, wfh opportunities are great. Advancement is great. And if you are willing to move, there are even more opportunities to continue your career in San Jose.
Work on your own time schedule
Internet Sales -eBay-My Sister's Armoire (Current Employee), Downers Grove, ILNovember 13, 2014
It is nice to work on your own time schedule and still have time to fit in family.
Great teamwork
Seller Development Team (Current Employee), Dallas TXNovember 12, 2014
Pros: alot of time off available when needed
Cons: no room for real advancement
I enjoyed working with all the employees, everybody was very friendly. The management was very supportive and helpful. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with unhappy sellers.
RIT QAAutomation
• Creating XML's based on XSD's and sometimes using XML's only
 – more... Validating Tests using data driven Automation approach through RIT
• Worked on various message patterns like Send\Receive, Publish, Subscribe
• Used Tag-store to Parameterize the XML requests, flat .dat files through RIT
• Setting up validation structures through RIT, generating XML's and setting rules based on the
Map files
• Automating end-end flow of a Retail application – less
The Grass is only greener where you water it.
Business Development Team Leader - Level III (Current Employee), Draper, UTNovember 10, 2014
Pros: benefits & compensation
Cons: cmanagers & directors without vision, only execution.
eBay's benefits are what makes the company so attractive. They diluted the quality of candidates by lowering their standards over the past few years to allow non-degree applicants to hold leadership positions; which has attracted lower level under-performing, sometimes scheming managers to run things. Manager Level & Above Leaders are arrogant and lack – more... true desires to be creative. I always hear...pull a lever, or go for the quick win. Nobody really invests in the big win (long-term strategies). – less
Great technology, awesome ideas, fun place to learn, apply what you've learnt and have a great time creating great flawless experiences for customers
MBA Intern (Former Employee), San Jose, CANovember 6, 2014
Fun culture, intelligent people, challenging problems to solve - all that young curious mind needs. Great place to work and great company to be proud to be a part of. Oh, and did I mention the fun culture?!
Great Company
EBay Education Specialist (Current Employee), Bridgeport, WVNovember 5, 2014
Great place to work buy and sell antiques and collectibles.
Supervisor Duties
Supervisor (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLNovember 3, 2014
Pros: good atmosphere
Cons: crowded work areas
• Answered escalated calls to customers whose issues were yet to be solved.
• Placed orders when necessary
• Gave promotional codes to the businesses that called for price changes.
• Reviewed previous orders for credit card fraud.
Good people to work with.
packer/ machine operator (Former Employee), Lebanon, OhioNovember 3, 2014
Pros: lots of available overtime
Cons: too many drug addicts.
Enjoyable job and plenty of extra hours. worked 12 hour days for 7 days a week.
Best Place I Ever Worked
L2 On Site Technical Support (Former Employee), Portland, OROctober 30, 2014
Pros: great work culture; nicest set of people i ever worked with, and free pepsi!
Cons: worked as contractor
I only worked four hours a day but they were the best four hours I ever worked in IT. I was the only IT support for 200+ developers and they were the nicest set of people I ever worked with. Even the most difficult problems they brought to me were manageable and they dealt with any tragedies (data loss, dead hard drives, etc.) with great aplomb.
I learned – more... the finer points of PXE imaging, inventory management, Casper Suite deployment and Remedy ticketing.
Management loved having me there and hated to see me leave, as did I. – less
It was very good experience working with all my clients
BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee), San Jose, CAOctober 28, 2014
Management was very supportive
Work environment was good
Good working hours
Great company, but very poor management and dead career progression!
Revenue Controlling & Billing Analyst (Current Employee), LuxembourgOctober 26, 2014
Pros: company culture and values
Cons: poor management, career progression, compensation/benefits
eBay marketplaces is represented by a very small team of about 12 employees in Luxembourg. There are also about 40-50 employees from PayPal, eBay Treasury and StubHub.

Joined eBay few years ago with great energy and motivation to improve and develop our messy processes in billing and finance. This energy and motivation have gone away after a while – more... when I realized:

1. Whatever you achieve it seems like a drop in the ocean because management cannot focus and deliver elementary goals. The culture of management is "Fire! Let's work on 100 different projects to improve our business"... after debating, long discussions and hundreds of hours of work... guess what? 80-90% of the the projects are cancelled with the excuse "are not relevant anymore" and the remaining are delivered with significantly below quality standards expectations.

2. The performance evaluation and recognition of each employee is not based on objective performance of individual. It rather depends on your connections with management. In other words, it doesn't matter if you have worked very hard and achieved great results for the business. Someone else with basic performance and good connections with management can achieve better performance rating from you. This has a result talented people to leave eBay after few months/years. For the Luxembourg office, more than 8 employees (out of a team of 12!) left the company in last few years - a really high turnover.

3. One of the benefits that management "sells" at interviews with potential candidates is the great career development and progression - which is probably another lie. It is really difficult to develop and progress your career at eBay, especially in Luxembourg. The trainings are very limited due to budget restrictions for development that we have the last 2 years.

If you are unemployed and desperate to find a job, eBay in Luxembourg might be a good option. Otherwise don't waste your time - it doesn't worth it! – less
eBay
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Richwood, KYOctober 24, 2014
I enjoyed working for eBay, It was as if I got paid to workout. I would lift 20-50 pound boxes a day. Had to break them down into 10-20 pound boxes and organize them on a shelve. Most of the co-workers were nice. I'd have to say the hardest part of the job was when peak begins. Everything can get quite hectic. But awesome pay.
Good workplace
Sales and Marketing Power Seller (Current Employee), San DiegoOctober 22, 2014
Not enough long term stability

Good work hours

Strong management

Strong seasonal sales
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLOctober 20, 2014
• To assist customers in checking the status of their orders and to place orders for customers
• To answer any questions regarding products and the different policies of the company
• To provide opinions in different styles of apparel
Could be worse
Customer Solutions Teammate (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 16, 2014
Working here seemed like a dream come true, at first. The trainers did what was expected of them, which was make this job seem like it's the best job you will ever have and they love working for this company. I, of course, got sucked into this dream and it did seem like this was going to be a career instead of a job. Once you got out on the floor that – more... immediately changed. They want you to know everything and even if you know everything it will change every week. I can understand change but every company needs consistency as well. Your customers aren't going to have faith in you if they call often and then get told something different every week. Then we get the back lash and cursed out. Management is ok. Have had worse. Can be understanding. co- workers are usually great. The company has great benefits and they start first day you work, no waiting, awesome. Also, free snacks, sodas, juice, starbucks coffee, cereal, oatmeal, etc. Gym on site with free membership. Parking sucks if you get there later in the day. This job will suck the life out of you if you are an emotional/ sympathetic person. People cuss you out on the daily or will want to talk to your ear off about why they are entitled to whatever they want at the moment. So to sum it up, great company but people in America do feel entitled so be ready for that. High call volume. – less
FUN WITH WORK
VM Ware Admin (Former Employee), san joseOctober 14, 2014
OVERALL EXPERIENCE WITH EBAY,IT IS GOOD PLACE TO LEARN NEW THINGS PERSONALLY I LOVE TO WORK HERE MY SANESS IS MY PROJECT GOT ENDED LAST WEEK
productive
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Martinsville, VAOctober 6, 2014
working with this companies was a great experience, but not so much somewhere I would refer anyone.
Working at adonis in ebay sales
Ebay sales (Former Employee), Festus, MOOctober 4, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
the days there were fun and kept well organized we all had tasks each day to complete and got them done! learned alot via customer service and in sales

1 2 3 4 5

About eBay Inc.

The world’s leading e-commerce company, eBay Inc. brings together a family of brands that connect communities. Built on – Read more