eBay Inc.

eBay Inc. Employee Reviews

Good work/life balance but no room for andvancement
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 6, 2015
Pros: acceptable benefits, diverse work environment
Cons: short breaks, 40 hours of phone time per week
I answer phone calls 40 hours per week and speak to customers who need business development. Usually, the calls are inbound. When I am not on the phone, I am training new hire classes to take calls and field the inquiries that we get as phone agents. The most enjoyable part of the job is the different personalities I encounter all day and also getting to help develop other employees. The hardest part of the job is the abuse that sometimes comes with speaking to a disgruntled customer on the phone.
Ebay Enterprise
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Brunswick, GAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Work from home
I have been working for this company for a while simply because I can work from home. The pay is very low and the client I work for is very inconsistent and is not agent oriented. I truly feel like they don't care about the agents as long as their unrealistic goals are met.
what i learned at Ebay
Customer Service representative II (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLJune 30, 2015
What I learned while working at ebay is that dealing with customer can be overwhelming but each customer is different so therefore you have to find techniques and the proper words to use without getting the customer upset even when they are wrong.
Productive and Fun work place with large data allover
Sr DW engineer (Current Employee), San JoseJune 29, 2015
Productive and Fun work place with large data allover. Good work life balance. Company that uses latest technology and its been a great learning.
Customer Solutions Agent (Current Employee), Hunt Valley, MDJune 28, 2015
Answer customers inquiring concerning paypal accounts. Fast past environment. Need knowledge on different account transactions to provide accurate information to customers. Co-workers are team players and easy to get along with. Management is very informative and helpful.
very active job
Machine operator (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 25, 2015
Pros: excerise daily
on a typical day there you'd walk up to 10miles during yourself
i learned how to work at a steady and productive pace
never really got to meet management
most co-workers complained all day
the hardest thing about the job was maintaining your energy to last 12 hours
Busy vs Slow Days
Senior Associate (Current Employee), OutboundJune 22, 2015
My day starts very early, 5 a.m., four days a week. My supervisor and Lead have put me in charge of the Petsmart department for the moment. I get my scanner ready and walkie. I would be picking or packing pet supply all day, such as dog food, kennels, etc.. I also know how to engrave pet name tags and embroidery which is sewing into the leashing and collars.
Being organized throughout the day make life at work much easier and less complicated. I like to get things that need to be done quick and neat done first so we don't fall behind. Also being on task and working makes my day go by very fast.
The management is somewhat involved. They sure do see what we, as employees, are capable of and acknowledge the skills we have.
I've have many friends at work. I get along great with everyone and i don't like having that negative energy around me too much. My co-workers are always telling me how I'm a great worker and always seem happy to be doing my job.
I would have to say the hardest part of my job is trying to stay on top of your production and well long you can keep it up for, I have not had a problem in the because I always made sure to stay on top of my game.
I like working at Ebay. They just have a friendly staff and the job itself is pretty easy.
Work Experience
Seller (Former Employee), Sylvania, OHJune 19, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: Short breaks
I am hardworking, determined and puts forth a lot of effort in any job/task. A typical day at work will vary depending on each assignment that I have. For instance, my experience while working at the Melting Pot located in Toledo, OH is to work as a team, good communication skills, and to put in as much effort as my job would allow me to. If any of my co-workers needed help, I never hesitated to assist my co-workers and I always showed initiative and effort when a duty in my job would arise. Showing up on time is an absolute must and am never late. I love working with others or independent and work very hard. By learning the proper tools and tasks associated with a job I have learned that I can do my absolute best and be successful. I always take my time and double check my work to do the best job that I can do. The most enjoyable part of this job or any other job is to appreciate that I am learning new things, communicating well, and putting a lot of effort and handwork into the duties that I asked of me. I enjoy working with other individuals and helping make a difference for a good cause by being a team captain for Relay for Life. This experience has changed my life for the better by making a difference in my community.
nice place
UAT Analyst (Current Employee), Timonium, MDJune 18, 2015
nice place to work. Very smart coworkers. I have gained a lot collaborating with others. Challenging place but rewards are always given.
Great opportnity for home based business
Top Rated Seller (Current Employee), San Jose, CaliforniaJune 18, 2015
Pros: At home work
Cons: Fees are very expensive
Overall, the changes have lessened the opportunities for growth & development. Recent rules & regulations have made it not to do as well in current sales.
Very productive and enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLJune 15, 2015
Ebay is very employee orientated. They treat you like family. I enjoyed helping my customers and all the incentives. The hardest part of the job was when a customer was not happy. I always strived to ensure happiness.
Was given free lunch at times.
Karma Loop (Former Employee), Shepherdsville, KYJune 11, 2015
Pros: Got to listen to my own music while working. Received free lunches at times.
Cons: Had less work to do .Wasn't able to work over time as I had done at GSI. No bonus
I started working full time for Ebay. Same place as GSI. The only difference was I received benefits and more pay per hour. My job stayed the same.
Great people to work with
Global Billing and Payments Readiness Manager (Former Employee), Draper, UTJune 11, 2015
I worked at ebay for a long time. Not all members of management understand the value that someone can add and are dismissive if they don't understand. I learned a lot I over all enjoyed the experience, but I would not go back.
What i did at work
Temp. work (Former Employee), Louisville KYJune 11, 2015
Pros: decent money
Cons: nothing really
• Picked orders and delivered them to the delivery platform.
• Reported any damaged or malfunctioned products.
I lived working there and wish I could work there again.
Fast pace work environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), San JoseJune 10, 2015
Pros: overtime
fast pace work environment. Management changes hands frequently. Company going through a split on top of that they are using many new systems.
Ebay is a fun and exciting place to work, with a lot of opportunity.
Customer Service (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLJune 7, 2015
Pros: excellent benefit package along with vacation, and flexible hours
Cons: Call scoring system
I enjoy working at ebay because of the flexible hours and the ability to work from home. The only thing I don't really care for is the call scoring. Some of the things that they say "you should have said this instead of that" or being counted off for something that you did not even realize was something that they expect you to say to a customer while placing an order. It just seems like the scoring has the ability to change with every call, nothing is black and white.
Good place to work with good benefits
Inbound/Outbound Customer Service Calls (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 3, 2015
Pros: Onsite Gym, Cafe, Excellent health benefits, a stock benefits package, and 401k
Cons: Lack of follow through with promises
The position offered a lot of great benefits and accommodations for the employees.

However, the management did not follow through with any of the changes and promises that the company offered regarding to changes being made to improve the overall employee experience.
An all around great company to work for!
Merchant Support Organization (Former Employee), Draper, UTJune 2, 2015
Pros: Free Soda and juice, healthy food options, great salary
Cons: Can be stressful work at times
eBay takes very good care of their employees in many ways. They provide great insurance options and a retirement plans, as well as employee stock purchase programs. They not only welcome, but truly embrace diversity in their workforce. There is plenty of room for advancement and promotion for anyone who's hard working and dedicated to the eBay brand and culture.
Job Security fluctuates and is hard to predict
Independent Seller (Current Employee), Chicago, IlJune 2, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Their are no typical workdays, most of the time you have to research and find things that you can sell on ebay from different websites, After finding different items that look appealing, then you have to find the what it would sell for after calculating all the fees. Then you have to buy that item and hope that their isn't that many people bidding against you.
Excellent company
Policy Account Manager (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 1, 2015
Pros: work/life balance, pay
Great peers and management, fun work environment. Work/life balance is as important to the company as the employee. They allow you to be integral part of change for the company and allow you the latitude to take care of customers

1 2 3 4 5

About eBay Inc.

The world’s leading e-commerce company, eBay Inc. brings together a family of brands that connect communities. Built on – Read more

eBay Inc. Salaries