eBay Inc.

eBay Inc. Employer Reviews

Summary of my position at eBAy.
Training Coordinator (Former Employee), San JoseJuly 14, 2014
Pros: friendly work environement
Cons: as a contract was moved to a different account
I was a contractor at eBay for over a year via the contracting company GP Strategies.

At the time I was a Training Coordinator in the HR department. I managed the Coordination of all onsite classes within North America and the tracking of all Global classes via a database as eBay currently doesn't have an LMS. I also was responsible for tracking of – more... accruals, supporting our counter parts in APAC and EMEA and managing all logistics for our programs including questions the came in to our internal email aliases.

I speak of this in the past tense as recently the eBay training team has gone through a change in management. The new management team requested a new support team so I was moved to the Cisco account where I have been for just 3 weeks now. – less
Turnover Galore
Manager (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAJuly 13, 2014
Pros: casual atmosphere, good set of clients
Cons: long hours, no lunch time, extremely high turnover
This company has a very high turnover of employees at every level due to the lean operation and long hours. Unfortunately, when one employee leaves, their position takes a long time to backfill (if they backfill it at all) leaving others on the team to absorb the extra work (...at the same pay, might I add). Morale is low. Promotions are seldom. And – more... all your work is graded against how happy/unhappy the client is. You could be the hardest worker on the planet, but if your client is uncompromising, you stand to be poorly reviewed. – less
work
shipping (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 8, 2014
I would recommend anyone to work for e bay the company is fun and love paying there employees
Professional Online Company
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Liberty Lake, WAJuly 7, 2014
Fair and easy to work with. I have been able to successfully list and sell many items through eBay's site to provide myself with enough income to pay for most of my expenses while attending school.
Productive and fun workplace with Zym in the building
Solution Architect/Consultant (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 7, 2014
Cons: very fast changing environment
Nice co-workers
Active management
Sometimes tight deadlines
Great Place for entry level
Customer Account Executive (Former Employee), Draper, UTJune 26, 2014
Great company to work for, advancement takes time but would be a great company if you're young.
Long hours and much research
Online Retailer (Current Employee), Ruskin, FLJune 26, 2014
I worked extremely hard at finding, researching, and providing accurate descriptions of products to sell.
Great Place
Collections Agent (Current Employee), Hunt Valley, MDJune 25, 2014
Great place to work my only issue is that I would like to be in an inbound center based on my previous experience.
Entrepreneur at ebay
Entrepreneur Ebay Seller (Current Employee), Lambert, MSJune 24, 2014
Pros: self employment, variety of stores to choose from, high traffic, great sales, self controlled listings, and label printing.
Cons: high fees, charges final value fees on shipping, only accept paypal, buyer can open cases without trying, and very rare american speaking customer representatives.
eBay has been my only income since 2010. I've managed to be financial stable working from home. Even though you list items on ebay, you can be removed if you don't continue good standing with the company. For nice sales, you need a good amount of inventory with great pictures. I'm currently looking for additional work and making ebay part time because – more... I do not interact with people face-to-face on a daily basis. – less
productive, enjoyable place to work except during peak
Inbound Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee), Sheperdsville,KyJune 24, 2014
Pros: gift cards, benefits, free coffee, sometimes free lunch
Cons: peak hours and work varied and you might get asked to work at different jobs or other locations
the people were very professional and compassionate. while work was considrered top priority, the management understood that family was just as important and tried to help employees maintain a balance except during peak months.
my fellow co-workers were also the cream of the crop, we concentrated on doing a good day's work for a good day's pay. we were – more... expected to perform a number of duties and a certain amount of production was expected every day. we were responsible for the proper return of merchandise to inventory for multiple partners, monies to thier customer's accounts, and damaged goods back to vendors. I learned to pick\packout orders from the onlilne websites of multiple partners, use of multiple forms of computer software and also the use of radio frequency equipment. – less
Nice people but poor management
Inbound 1st (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 18, 2014
Pros: nice break room, the people around me, clean bathroom
Cons: short non lunch breaks, management
The people I met are now life long friends, the break room was amazing, TV and pool tables, 45 Minute lunches was very nice. But little to no supervision at all, people could do whatever they wanted, take a break as long as they wanted. People would clock in 10-30 minutes late without and issues. Constantly moved around, being made to do things you – more... was not trained to do. It was easy work, but management was very poor. Wasn't an issue for us, but I could see how things could get out of hand. Extremely difficult to get on full times, I knew 3-4 people who had been there 2-3 years and still a seasonal. We brung in help from out of state during peak, they provided them with free lunches for a month, while we recieved nothing. Mo enjoyable part, was working around friends, made the day go by a lot smoother. – less
It was alright
Buyer Protection Agent/Customer Solutions (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 18, 2014
Typical day was being on the phone non-stop. I learned that there are a lot of unhappy people out there. My job was to decide cases on items. Not easy, but was interesting.
Fun work environment, high stress job
Trust & Safety (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 17, 2014
Pros: unlimited snacks, fun office, relaxed attire requirements
Cons: short breaks, high volume, difficult to move up
They offset high stress jobs with a good work environment with unlimited snacks and sodas. They compile the work load on lower level employees and do not reward performance with prospect of growing with the company. It is possible the management positions also do not get much pay either.
I was able to work from home
Seller (Former Employee), Clarksburg WVJune 17, 2014
Pros: it was very long hours
Cons: i could work when ever i wanted
Selling on Ebay was like working with the public, even though you use email to converse through.

I was very long hours, by the time you write a review about the item you are selling, the pictures, answering questions about your product, packing the items.

But I was able to sell on Ebay while taking care of my husbands Grandmother and later his Mother – more... at home., – less
My own little business
Virtual Store Manager (Former Employee), Estill Springs, TNJune 17, 2014
Pros: free time, work as you want
Cons: difficult to make consistent money, no benefits
Everything you'd expect selling things on ebay. Set your own hours, work at your own pace. Auction shopping was always fun.
Overall good home career.
eBay Seller (Former Employee), Lake Oswego, ORJune 16, 2014
Pros: from home, fun hobby, nice way to earn some extra cash, good way to improve communication, good way to improve photography skills, good way to improve computer skills.
Cons: time consuming, stressful, some buyers are very annoying.
Good Hobby. Nice way to earn easy cash at home. I enjoyed taking pictures of the items and posting them on eBay. I however found it very annoying when I was put into a case because it was very time consuming and eBay has an annoying thing were the case almost always go in favor of the buyer. Also some people are very un-pleasant to work with but must – more... be put up with. – less
Productive and Fun workplace
Sr. BI Analyst (Current Employee), San JoseJune 5, 2014
Productive and Fun workplace
management
good flexible working culture
Ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLJune 3, 2014
Pros: pay was every week
Cons: not much hours
I liked it, it was fun I like talking to the people that called in I have order from them myself.
too many fees
Power Seller (Current Employee), Monroe, CTMay 27, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: high fees, no benefits
ebay was a good place to do business but unfortunately they have monopolized themselves as the primary online second hand marketplace and they are proving it with ever increasing fees and regulations.
Ebay is a great company!
Sales (Former Employee), Ebay.comMay 21, 2014
Pros: working from home
I used Ebay as the site for my online store.I traveled to Atlanta and back to get stock from a wholesale mart once every week to two weeks. When I wasn't doing this, I got to work from home managing product descriptions and trying out various marketing techniques including eye catching pictures and pricing.

1 2 3 4 5

About eBay Inc.

The world’s leading e-commerce company, eBay Inc. brings together a family of brands that connect communities. Built on – Read more