eBay Inc.

eBay Inc. United States Employee Reviews

Ebay USED to be an AWESOME!!! place to work, UNTIL the management changed.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brunswick, GAApril 26, 2015
Pros: NONE ANYMORE!!!
Cons: Dead End Job!!!
Ebay USED to be an AWESOME!!! place to work, UNTIL the management changed hands, NOW, people are Quitting left and right! The Current Manager over our vertical IS A COMPLETE Dictator! Assigned Seats and ALL, ( I mean Really, We Are ALL adults HERE! ) My coworkers are EXACTLY What made the job enjoyable and bearable! The pay is Already Horrible enough! Now WE have to be Miserable too!!!
Excellent Platform
Seller/Account Representative (Current Employee), South CarolinaApril 22, 2015
EBay is a great platform that allows you to work for yourself. You post when and what you want, within guidelines, of course. You can charge what you want, and you interact directly with your clients. It has made supplementing income a breeze.
Fun
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Shepherdsville, KYApril 22, 2015
Fun, productive and fast paced environment.
Innovative and Industry leading.
Great balance, associate friendly atmosphere.
Great benefits and great teamwork.
Too much to put in not enough to pull out
Ebay Global Store Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth ,TexasApril 19, 2015
Pros: Small extra cash
Cons: Lots of time invested For LITTLE
This company's tactics are mischievous and are for profiting towards the Ebay Annual Revenue and money laundering through paypal.
Ebay and paypal lie about the total cost of running an online store with them often GOUGING at the income from every sale.
Some sales come cheap while others with the same amount of cash transfer pack a hidden fee usually about 6-10% And then you must pay another 10% to ebay for final value and shipping fees which add up to 16-20$ of your whole sale sometime taking ALL Profit from a sale.
fkexible hours
Sales (Former Employee), ebayApril 18, 2015
flexible hours, unlimited income, the only thing i dont like about them is that they only protect the buyers not the sellers
A decent entry level job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLApril 17, 2015
Pros: PTO and Carry-Over Holidays, Set schedules, Job security because customers are absolutely idiotic (this is also kind of a con)
Cons: Incompetent management, Nasty customers, Staring at a screen all day, This company will hire ANYONE
This is the kind of job that I doubt I could stand for more than two years. Yes, it seems easy (from an outsider looks in perspective). We get to sit down for 8-hours a day and basically do nothing. (Almost) all of the information is laid out in front of you, and you just need to assist the customers in the best way that you can. It sounds great, and simple (which it honestly is) if it weren't for the people who are actually calling. I would say about 90% of the contacts you receive are because the person is experiencing some sort of problem. Many people are angry, and they are not afraid to take it out on you. It's not that I as an agent take it personally, however the negative vibes definitely wear you out. After a full-time work week of hearing people complaining, moaning, cursing at you, and basically calling you the biggest idiot they have ever had the displeasure of speaking to, you wonder how some people have done it five days a week for 5, 10, 15 years. I could never. I would literally rather do ANYTHING else than work at this company longer than I have to.

As a chat and email agent, you are also expected to take phone calls at a moment's notice, while still maintaining the email/chat productivity expectations. This is fine every now and then, but incredibly infuriating when it is an everyday occurrence. Particularly frustrating is the fact that the management of my department can't seem to get their act together long enough to realize the huge and unhelpful scheduling errors they are accommodating. I work a late night shift, leaving a few hours past midnight. Usually, – more... I am one of two people in my entire department at the end of my shift. Daytime shifts, as coveted as they are, are far overscheduled... to the point where massive amounts of people get sent home every day, leaving service levels to begin spiking around 8 or 9 p.m, when coverage starts to thin. This kind of timing mistake is so easily noticeable to everyone. Everyone, but the people actually in charge of the schedule.

Advice: if you are an upcoming agent and your vertical features an "amazing" email and chat team... do not join it. Under any circumstances. If your vertical is anything like mine, then your supervisor will expect you to do three times the work of a phone agent while upholding far more stringent quality standards, for the same $10.00 an hour. It is totally and completely not worth it, unless you have a short temper and are easily irritated, in which maybe the phones would not be the best option. Either way, every training session you go to for new partners or tasks basically just means that you are earning the company more money while making barely over minimum wage... so don't stress too much over this job. Pleasing the customer is far less important than your sanity and blood pressure. – less
Exciting environment
AV/VC Specialist (Current Employee), San JoseApril 16, 2015
Pros: fast paced, great environment
Cons: Long days, lack of support.
Maintain Video Conferencing equipment in 150+ conference rooms
Work with deployments to ensure accurate delivery
Shipping and Receiving of all AV equipment
Work with vendors to execute accurate project completion
Assist in closing tickets and handling escalations
Work with operations on new policies and procedures
Connect and assist in executive meetings
Maintain inventory of all AV equipment
Participate in meetings on overall VC activity.
Fun place to work
Sr.SQL/IIS Server DBA (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 15, 2015
Ebay was one of favorite places I worked in, I enjoyed working with the my Ebay manager and co-workers who were extremely helpful in my career growth.
Loved this job!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brunswick, GAApril 14, 2015
Great job, I worked for many different verticals including Sports fanatics, Kuerig, and American Eagle. Great people and over all great management.
Learning opportunities are abundant
Account Director (Current Employee), Tempe, AZApril 13, 2015
Pros: Flexible Hours
Cons: Easy to get in, difficult to move positions
Lots of opportunities to learn different aspects of the business internally and externally as there are so many faucets of eBay Enterprise to work within. Locations span across the United States and there are teams working on everything from agency services to developing an in house brand.
Fun place to work
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 13, 2015
Working at eBay has had to be one of my favorite jobs. The people were great and the facility was a safe place to work. The hardest part of this job is conditioning your body to get used to walking for 8-10 hours a day.
I enjoyed the tasks while at work.
General Labor Worker (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 10, 2015
Pros: The work was not difficult.
Cons: The scheduel changed every week.
The work was very easy when directions were given. I made a high UPH (units per hour). I enjoyed working with my co-workers and the team leads made it a positive work enviornment.
Generally busy work day
Picker (Former Employee), Ridgeway, VAApril 9, 2015
Work was usually busy, always running around picking out the contents for the order. I learned how to pace myself in order to finish the job on a timely matter. The management was decent, but it was hard to find them if they were needed. The hardest part of the job was actually finding the items because the warehouse was far from organized. I enjoyed that it was busy so that the work day did not take long to actually finish, time flew by.
Simple and productive
Ebay Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 9, 2015
Pros: movable schedule
Cons: low pay
Took pictures of goods, priced and uploaded items for sale for a professional seller. A Simple job that requires a lot of attention to detail and quick computer skills.
productive and fun with workplace like watching a game on a Saturday night.
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 8, 2015
A typical day at work was fast paced and very productive. I learned how to pick and pack merchandise. My co-workers and myself got the job done as quickly as possible.
Not a good place to work
APPLICATION DATABASE ADMIN SENIOR (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAApril 7, 2015
Pros: Great holiday parties and holiday gifts
Cons: Work schedule was extremely exhausting and was not feasible to being productive, there was 0 work life balance and
If you were a loner or a family of one with 0 personal life its the place for you and you only if you were a DBA. It was the only work experience that left an extremely bad taste in my mouth and the only place I actually quit since I been a professional.
The Most enjoyable part of my job
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLApril 2, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: 30 Minute Lunch breaks
The most enjoyable part of my job has been turning around an negative situation to a positive for our clients and Assisting our seasonal workers with their new jobs.
Fun and inviting
Call Taker (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIApril 1, 2015
Pros: Contest, friendly staff
Cons: Sporadic call volumes
Focused on keeping the staff motivated while focused on the job at the same time . The company also held contests to promote higher achieve and rewards excellence.
Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 31, 2015
good place to learn; friendly management; challenging job; good perks; helping to co-workers;the most enjoyable part of the job
Didn't always practice what they preach
Customer Solutions Senior Agent (Former Employee), Draper, UTMarch 30, 2015
Pros: great benifits
Cons: lack of time off
They talked about how important work life balance is and how we should do the right thing but didn't offer a lot of chances to get time off and policy was too rigid to be able to do the right thing in most cases.

1 2 3 4 5

About eBay Inc.

The world’s leading e-commerce company, eBay Inc. brings together a family of brands that connect communities. Built on – Read more

eBay Inc. Salaries