eBay Inc.

eBay Inc. Employer Reviews

Freedom
E-Commerce Specialist (Current Employee), Huntington, WVJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: freedom to work whenever you want to
Cons: ebay favors the buyers more than sellers
I love being a seller on eBay for many reasons. The freedom to work whenever I want, however I want, and in whatever I want. I've learned a lot about this job. One, you're the only boss around as long as you follow the guidlines. Two, the buyers can really do a number on sellers. Three, once you start, it's hard to stop because of how easy and fun it really is.
Productive Day With Bow Tie
BOW TIE (Current Employee), Martinsville VaJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: they did provide free food occasionally
Cons: very cold inside
I arrive on time. 7:00 a.m.
Depends on the day ....
either I am sitting down and I tie bows on small chocolate boxes or I go to an assembly line and tie bows on what we call Baskets full of chocolate or Towers ( a tower of choclate boxes).
Also, could be going to shipping where we ship the chocolates out to the customers. Paper work is included in all jobs.

There is no hard part in my day. It is fairly an easy job. My co-workers are great and they meet quota just like the rest of us do. My most enjoyable part of the day would be where we get to see the products. It is always something different and the products are very pretty and smell great!
Hectic place to work
Sr. Engineering Manager, Product Development (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: rsu, bonus plans are reasonably ok. the people at middle management level are nice, but the executive team has no clue of what to do.
Cons: work life balance, review system.
No proper planning, the result of it decision making is delayed for every little thing. WorkLife balance also need to sacrificed due to the pace of the working culture and decisions are made at the last minute.

I manage the checkout platform team.
Very competitive job
Technical Support/ Customer Service Rep. (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 26, 2015
work day was simple with the incoming callers. A small amount of the management and some co-workers lacked in professionalism. In order to excel self-motivation is a mandatory thing. Majority of the co-workers was a pleasure to be around making you want to do overtime.
EBAY
Ebay Sales Rep (Current Employee), 28546January 26, 2015
Pros: freedom to be your own boss
Cons: no benefits or security
Working for myself is both enjoyable and stressful, solely responsible for all sales, marketing and shipping, this is a great side business, though this is not a full time career and lacks benefits and growth.
listing, photos, sales, customer service, and shipping
Ebay Sales (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: unreputable company harmed personal accounts
at home sales proved to be fun and fulfilling. Though only temporary.
great place to work
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: no clear path
Good environment to be in. Not sure about how advancement really work as their was no clear direction on a path set out for individuals. Good improve software and company internal resources in order to compete with fast developing companies .
Productive and supportive environment
Production FrontEnd System Engineer (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: good pay / benefits
Cons: management changes constantly / very secretive
good management and support

everything is VERY compartmentalized (there is a team for everything) and it can be daunting to learn what team owns what

most enjoyable part of the job is being encouraged to take time off and maintain work / life balance
Work from home on Fridays!
Digital Advertising Operations Specialist (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Great Job. Great people. Good pay.
Management is committed to excellence. People are friendly and willing to help. The campus is huge and can be intimidating, but the people are nice and will guide you where you need to go.
very much liked this job!
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: great location good people, pays well!
Cons: i was only temp holiday help. wish i could have stay on full time.
I liked working with Ebay! Learned a lot about warehouse work! Great People to work with! Look forward to going back next Holiday season!
A Perfect Job
Bi-lingual Global Customer Support Representative (Former Employee), Draper, UTJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: espp
Cons: repetitive work - call after call
I fell in love with eBay! I went to work, practiced my Spanish (and other languages), and helped PEOPLE! I learned the importance of hard work and diligence. I learned of the importance of supporting peers to foster the beauty of community. The hardest part of my job was monotonous emails. The best part was the positive culture, great pay, bonuses, benefits, incentives, prizes, games, events, and so much more!
Wonderful Culture and Interesting Projects
Consultant - Program Management (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: great culture, great and helpful collegues
Cons: work life balance issues sometimes
Best Part of Company
Collaborative Meetings
Empowered to really take ownership of projects
Great Teamwork
Recognition for Efforts

Hardest Part of Job
Long hours sometimes (some evenings and weekends)
Competing with resources
Im looking for a company that offers advancement, banking, service, sales, I want a position that keeps getting better, National Company works.
August, 2014 (Current Employee), Dallas TexasJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: great experience, tough me how to work hard.
Cons: concrete work depends on weather, temps are bad at times.
I graduated from High School last June, worked for Design Concrete solutions until from June 1 - July 25 until I moved to College Station Tx for college. I started learning my ebay business in January 2014 and opened my store in August , I go to estate sales and by merchandise and then resell on ebay in my store. It takes time and plenty research daily.

Design Concrete Solutions from June, 2011 thru July 2014

My job with Design Concrete Solutions has been rewarding. I worked with them during the summers while attending high school. I was responsible for all deliveries and making sure supplies were on job site. I performed many different labor task such as prep work for stained or installing decorative concrete, stained, cleaned, service, what ever they needed me to do I did. I enjoyed learning how to work with my mind and hands. Hardest part of my job was some times was when weather was over 100 degrees. My boss held this position open to me every summer because he liked my dedication and work effort. Concrete work is not my future, I will always be thankful for my learning experience and will put it to use in many ways.
Fun workplace with eBay
Legal Fellow (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 7, 2015
I work with talented people and meet new challenges every day!
Dynamic company
Risk Management Teammate (Current Employee), Draper, UtahJanuary 1, 2015
The company cares about its employees. Their is a fun work atmosphere, and a great morale.
Fast pace and fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 30, 2014
Pros: never a dull moment
Cons: unsure about management, lots of turn over.
I enjoyed working with all the different types of eBay customers, no two were ever the same.
I handled incoming dispute calls, this gave me the opportunity to use my negotiation skills. It was my job to make sure both parties the buyer and the seller felt they were treated professionally and fairly. The work environment was one of self discipline and self management.
eBay Enterprise/GSI Richwood Kentucky
Warehousing (Current Employee), Richwood, KYDecember 28, 2014
Pros: lunch provided occasionally
Cons: security checks entering and exiting at all times, very time consuming, cannot enjoy a break entirely
Clean warehouse, nice people to work with, long hours during peak seasons, benefits are top notch, pay does not match the amount of duties and personal effort that one needs to get job UPH in a day, there is no guarantee of longevity as favoritism and many family members on same shifts make it nearly impossible to be recognized for individual efforts one surrenders to this place of employment, many Temp agency layoffs yearly, management does not hide their catering to majority families, ethnic diversity is not on the menu, very loose job culture, the job culture in this workplace is not compatible with a mature adult with a strong work ethic or previous background in warehousing and drop-shipping environments. This is a great workplace for a student or person with little work experience or no previous job skills.
eBay is easy for some but...
Ebay Seller (Current Employee), homeDecember 20, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: ebay fees
I search for items to look for in my home which I do not need and make some profit out of it. It isn't much but it's something
EBay
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 14, 2014
Pros: free water.
Cons: short breaks.
Working was a enjoyable experience. working for Ebay I learned how to pack and also wrap gifts. Their management team is really helpful and caring. Some coworkers we're rude but I learned ignore people. The hardest part about working for them is that you have color coordinate certain orders.
eBay Culture
L2 On Site Technical Support (Former Employee), Portland, ORDecember 11, 2014
I loved working for these guys. It was a great, relaxed environment with a terrific work ethic beneath everything. My problem was that I was a contractor and got caught in a layoff. None of the eBay people wanted me to leave. But that didn't make the difference.
The eBay developers are a great bunch of people and if you're lucky enough to get in there, count your blessings and work hard. It's worth it.

1 2 3 4 5

About eBay Inc.

The world’s leading e-commerce company, eBay Inc. brings together a family of brands that connect communities. Built on – Read more