eBay Inc. Employee Reviews

a typical day at work
CUSTOMER CARE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTOctober 26, 2017
Working for ebay was one of the best experiences I have ever had! I met amazing people and made friends I can call family! The pay was amazing, and the work wasnt too bad neither!
Pros
great friends, great vibes, positive place to work
Cons
Some members of management are not equip for leadership
relaxed stress free...
SELF EMPLOYED (Current Employee) –  work at homeOctober 26, 2017
I do ebay from home. The work is enjoyable but the income is not reliable .Its nice to work from the comforts of home but, you are disconnected from the workforce structure and the relationships you form with coworkers.That is probably one of the hardest parts of working from home.I prefer to work in a fast paced company with room for advancement .
Pros
setting own hours and time off
Cons
not stable income
ebay sales
Sales (Former Employee) –  Roma, TXOctober 25, 2017
A sometimes good company to sale several items, but the percentage for each sale has increase lately. Too much pressure when buyers are not honest.
It is hard or impossible to resolve a dispute with new buyers.
Pros
several hours invested rest of the time free
Cons
Must be alert for ending sales
Challenging
CUSTOMER SERVICE / SALES (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCOctober 25, 2017
Definilty a full time job and then some. This is an all consuming job. Between looking for the item, listing the item, taking the photos, pricing the item, coming up with a good sales pitch, invoicing and shipping. Then you have to insure accounts are paid you’ve spent numerous hours on one item. But to see the customers satisfaction makes it worth it. And you get top seller and power seller awards. That’s rewarding. I enjoyed getting those awards. And to see your feedback build is energizing. All in all it’s angood job but it is a full full time job
Pros
Rewarding.
Cons
No time off
Nothing great
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CaliforniaOctober 24, 2017
Some technically good people. Many in the middle management are incompetent.
Work culture varies across teams. Some teams are heavily loaded while others are very lightly loaded
Self Employed
Ebay Seller (Current Employee) –  Compton, CAOctober 22, 2017
Not sure what to say since I am self employed. I work from home selling my own items. I make a few bucks off these said items and Ebay takes a cut. Nothing more, nothing less.
Best company to work
Senior Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 22, 2017
eBay is one of the best company to work .Lots of benefits ,competitive pay and many more facilities available for employees.Lots of learning and career growth
eBay review
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTOctober 19, 2017
I spent many years at eBay and, in the beginning, it was exciting and our opinions and ideas were encouraged. As the company grew, they became weighed down in middle management and lost touch with what our members wanted. tT
Ok, but has flaws
eBay Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAOctober 18, 2017
For the most part they are a decent company. However the management is very poor. There isn't really a structure system. They do what they feel like instead of doing what needs to be done. The manager will tell you what you want to hear verses actually listening and taking care of the problem/issue. The workers there are great, if anything I do miss working there with them.
Sales
Home Sales, Shipping, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 17, 2017
The best part was getting all the items listed and watching them sell. I liked shipping. The hardest part of the job is no stable income or benefits. Took Inventory and Managed Taxes.
Best darn workplace
Mentor/Customer Solutions Agent 2 (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 15, 2017
I love this company with all that's in me. Training was informative and engaging, which set me up for great floor success. The support is phenomenal! Metrics are not that difficult to meet as this center is really a customer driven call center, unlike most. I was able to mentor (internal training for new hires) shortly after going into production. I had to move which sadly took me from my job, but I will always be an eBay member. Thank you for such a rewarding, family oriented, culture rich environment.
Pros
Advancement opportunities, host of support, team meeting with team lead where your thoughts are HEARD, ability to be human with buyers or sellers rather than scripted and prompted
Cons
High school drama as you can imagine in a call center I sure
Fun place but has changed quite a bit
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 13, 2017
Many marketing roles are now outsourced overseas. Tough to find the role you want these days. All in all most managers are good about helping you achieve work-life balance. Holiday season is brutal and work life balance will be challenged. At times eBay gets ahead of itself and tried to implement without proper infrastructure in place. At least that’s how it was in marketing.
Pros
Friendly environment great managers. Work life balance is achievable
Cons
Work life balance can be challenged. Outsourcing many jobs.
Great Company!
Talent Engagement Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 12, 2017
Great company, takes care of its employees and encourages innovation and growth! Leadership team encourages individuals to seek their dream career and work towards that by partnering with their TL and Coach.
Just a job
Lead Officer/Training Officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 12, 2017
I work for Security Industry Specialist, which have the contract at the ebay/paypal data center. My management is very poor, the running joke among the other contractors there, is if they know they need something from security management they can just forget it.
Pros
provide water
awesome
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXOctober 12, 2017
Working for eBay was exciting refreshing,working with a team was awesome management work place was up lefting the hard part was just temp work. I sincerely enjoyed working there the support from management was up lifting, the work surrounding were awesome with the awesome work stations break rooms were very bright and cheerfull .
Pros
company lunches
Cons
breaks were 4 15min breaks
lot of work
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAOctober 10, 2017
the work is pretty great if you like to lift all the time. some of the people are cool and easy to work with and some people are not. the is great though.
N/a
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJOctober 10, 2017
I never worked for ebay but only worked on an ebay account for a company that used it to sell merchandise. Overall, it was easy to use and has very tight security.
It's a great side job
Self Employed (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJOctober 10, 2017
If you know what you're doing, you can make some good money flipping (buying/selling) on eBay. The website is easy to navigate, and account setup is fairly simple.
Pros
Work on your own time
Cons
It can be competitive
Productive fun workplace with pool table in lunchroom.
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 10, 2017
I work 5 hrs, 4 days a week. I learned how to operate a wrap-pack machine. It was easy to make friends and management was always there to help. The hardest part of the job was walking the length of the warehouse several times a day when on support for the packing line. The most enjoyable part of the job was winning the Halloween Contest taking First Place!
Pros
Free lunch, contests, free ice cream, cook outs with burgers and hotdogs.
Cons
Feet hurt from all the walking, Perfered to run Wrap-Pack machines.
Nice experience
Sr. Java/J2EE Developer (Full Stack Developer) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2017
It was lovely exprience with ebay and fun workplace place and They also had some pinball machines.
Open work environment, so it can get loud.
Team is a blast to work with, and the management is great. Free catered lunches. Great place to intern at, and likely a great place to start or continue forward in a career

Ask a question about working or interviewing at eBay Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.