eBay Inc. Employee Reviews

Extremely professional envioirment
Intern, Global Government Relations Department (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 21, 2017
The internship at eBay Inc allowed me to interact with people of different walks of life. The job was based around information politicians of the grassroots benefits of a small business. I really enjoyed my time at eBay Inc.
Pros
gained professionalism skills and networking opportunities
Cons
no financial compensation
Ebay
Sales/Owner Business (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 20, 2017
I learned that working for yourself thru Ebay is very good way of mastering good money and time mangement skills. There is a lot of stuff that we all have in our homes, that people will gladly pay for. Do yourself a favor and sell them thru Ebay. It will reduce clutter and make your bank account a bit more.
Ebay Sales
Sales (Current Employee) –  Port Richey, FLDecember 20, 2017
This is a home based business. I own and operate this. Sales depend on supply and demand. I will continue to do this as there are not set hours or days.
Really getting tired of this
Director Product Management (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 19, 2017
Asking me to write a review is fine, forcing me to write a review is not. You don't get good reviews from forcing people to write them. I am sure someone has to understand this at indeed.com?
Great work at home job
Selling on Ebay ( Top Rated Seller) (Current Employee) –  Kresgeville, PADecember 15, 2017
I go to Auctions a lot and pick up things and post them (collectibles, glass, old advertising products etc) on ebay and make decent money at it. You can do it on your own time when you want. The hardest part is getting the product in the mail on time, but that isn't that bad. and the most enjoyable part is the satisfaction of getting an item to a person that they want for their collection that they remember from their childhood. Overall, its a good way to make some extra money.
Pros
Working from the comfort of your home.
Cons
When something does'nt get delivered or customer gets product and its broken.
Good pay
Processor (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYDecember 9, 2017
Typical day at work was laid back, i learned on how to talk to people, workplace culture was more Americanized, the most enjoyable part of the job was overtime and pay
Working at eBay was an experience
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 9, 2017
I hated working at a place that only rewards kiss asrses nd people that know how to lick the daily dicc fucc this place I ha E hate hate hate hate hate this place
Employee Friendly
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTDecember 8, 2017
Great company really takes care of their employees. Just wish there were more opportunities for career advancement. Great benefits. They have really taken care of my family and I throughout the past years.
Pros
very employee friendly
Cons
career advancement
Unprofessional and lack of vision
Search Product Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 8, 2017
Management has no vision and ideas. They lack vision and leadership. Favoritism and politics . The environment is unhealthy. New talent is the only working strata.
Independent
Affiliate (Former Employee) –  Stanhope, NJDecember 7, 2017
None, you are your own boss. You are the only that holds yourself back. Work hours etc. are dependent on yourself. There is no management or work culture.
Fast paced, productive
Owner and Operator (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLDecember 6, 2017
Great place to work for, company support was outstanding, very diversified, good pay, unlimited earning potential. A great company to grow with, continuous education
Pros
Make Own Hours
Cons
Constant attention to minute details
Career development
Accounts Manager / Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTDecember 6, 2017
I worked at eBay for almost 7 years. Was promoted once. Applied to 5 other positions and was turned down each time.
It isn't what you know or how well you perform your job, it is more who you know and how well do you know them.
Pros
Medical Benefits
Cons
The company has poor leadership.
Ebay Store Manager
Ebay Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 2, 2017
Easy part time work to maintain, selling products from a previous business that are no longer needed. Ebay's website is easy to navigate and easy to manage.
Ebay
Professional Ebay Seller (Current Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLDecember 1, 2017
I was a professional seller. I did not work inside Ebay offices. For a highly motivated person it is a fantastic opportunity to be your own boss. It requires selling daily to keep in the competitive market but it was wonderful
Fast pace work place
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hubbard, TXNovember 29, 2017
Fast pace working environment will need good communication skills and problem solving ability. customer service is in demand due to the feedback ratings. Shipping is also very important, we want our product to get to the consumer as fast as possible.
Picking
Adecco Temp Service (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYNovember 28, 2017
I love my job I feel like time go by quick being busy I love being busy I love people in I love to make people smile I also love my boss packing in picking
great benefits and a positive working environment
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTNovember 28, 2017
I like working at eBay. They have great benefits and also have a great work and home life balance. I got reimbursement to take the train to work every day and also got 12 weeks of paid paternity leave. The only thing i don't like is the career advancement. They don't take every candidate into consideration equally.
Pros
benefits, reimbursements on public transportation, paid paternity leave for fathers
Cons
lack of career advancement opportunities, and do feel you are treated as equala
Good culture
Senior Product Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 27, 2017
I enjoyed my colleagues and support the company's mission. Middle managers are a mixed bag. Some are excellent, some are useless. The company tends to hire senior managers, then sticks them in an individual contributor role where they get stuck.
Pros
Good benefits and supportive work force.
Cons
Middle management lack of focus.
Great for students
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTNovember 27, 2017
Working for eBay is good for students, if you don't plan on making a long-term career out of it. They try to make working at a call center more "worth it" with a game-room, cafeteria, free drinks, and a weekly snack day.
Pros
Fun enviornment
Cons
No advancement.
Independence of self employment
Online Sales (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYNovember 27, 2017
A typical day of selling items on ebay consisted of posting the item for sale with a photograph on the site and waiting to receive bids. The most enjoyable part of being an ebay seller is the independence of setting your own hours.
Pros
Independence (self-employed)
Cons
Not many benefits (ie health insurance etc)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at eBay Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.