eBay Inc. Employee Reviews

Merchant with eBay
Merchant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2017
eBay is a platform I use to sell goods, I was not employed by eBay. I would buy goods from sites like liquidation.com and resell them on eBay for profit. At first it was good business but now things are not going so well.
Cons
eccesive fee
Self Employed
Small Business Owner (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaSeptember 7, 2017
Great company just starting out - it was very profitable. However, over time they started nickle and dime you and it became very hard to make money...
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Lack of profitability
Excellent Company
Head of Seller Sourcing & Inventory (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTSeptember 7, 2017
Great benefits, great people and great atmosphere. If you are willing to work hard, take some risks and put yourself out there you can do grow and excel.
Stressful job but benfits that more than compensated
Manager, Customer Experience (+multiple roles) (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 6, 2017
I worked at eBay for 17+ years. I couldn't have done that if I hadn't felt I was treated fairly and equitably. Lots of room for advancement if you're motivated, and leaders are very fair in work-life balance, compensation, providing a positive, uplifting culture.
Good Company Great Benefits Fair Pay Corporate Environment
Senior Motors Long Term Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 5, 2017
The benefits are excellent. The managers are not the best, but compensation is fair. Many many changes to adjust consistently. Culture is not bad. Changes bring layoffs and adjustments. Big corporation now. Employees are just numbers.
Pros
Excellent Benefits Fair Pay
Cons
Big Company. Many changes with layoffs.
Awesome!
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 5, 2017
Excellent customer support and buyer/seller protection. The few issues a had with selling my items had nothing to do with this business but rather USPS in shipping and delivery protocol. Highly recommended.
Pros
Independent contractor
Cons
Fun job to have if your self motivated!
Purchaser (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 3, 2017
Worked selling on eBay for 9 years. Its fun and you learn a lot about business and products. Depending on how you do the job you can make your own salary and really have a go get em attitude! Fun overall self paced job that really can be rewarding.
Pros
Hours, Pay
Cons
Benefits, 401k, Insurance.
Overall
Ebay Seller (Former Employee) –  Garfield, NJSeptember 2, 2017
I was a seller for eBay so it was basically self employed because I would sell items that was either rare or I knew someone else will want it. Some days it will take forever to find a customer some days it wouldn't. But overall it put money in my pocket.
Pros
Get paid on time
Cons
No benifits, Takes time
Poor Management
Office Administration (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 29, 2017
They spend a lot of time telling lower level managers they have to play by the rules. They have to follow the policies and procedures. Then the Senior Leaders don't set the example, blindside people, say they will coach, but don't.

The culture is promoted as being very positive and employee oriented but it is not
my experience
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Bloomington IllinoisAugust 28, 2017
eBay is basically a good supplement income job. It is fun to go to auctions and search for items to buy and resell. Competition is high for someone is always lowering there items more than yours and finding a wholesale company to buy items in bulk for low prices.
Pros
work your own hours and be your own boss
Cons
eBay fees are high
need of better management
Content Curator (Contract Position) (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 26, 2017
I was a contract worker, and believe they should invest in their employees. I liked the people in my team, but it is very silo-ed off. I guess I would say that they need a better business model and category tree. they are way behind in e-commerce
Listing, Shipping and Receiving
Stunt Trader (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, TXAugust 25, 2017
We included our eBay store with our retail store and online forum for motorcycle parts and accessories. We were a small office and slow paced. We owned the company and sold after a couple of years.
Politcs, politics, politics
Coach (Current Employee) –  UtahAugust 24, 2017
No work/life balance
Poor management
Lack of accountability
Only room to advance if you sped your day shmoozing. do not plan on promoting based on merit and work alone.
Self Employed as a Store owner
Online Retailer (Current Employee) –  Beacon, NYAugust 24, 2017
This was a great way to manage your own business. I learned some great skills and was able to make some good money. Great as a side gig as well................
Messy environment at Ebay
Lead Software developer (Former Employee) –  Software EngineerAugust 21, 2017
No Proper direction
Stressful being a consultant.
Did not enjoy the job.
Will not recommend position in the same group to anybody else.
Work culture is the worst part.
Call Center
Customer Service Appeals Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 17, 2017
• Provide top notch customer service in a fast-paced environment
• De-escalate calls while delivering difficult messages to customers in a way that creates a positive customer experience
• Maintain high performance metrics including average handle time, after call work, quality, adherence, as well as customer satisfaction
• Ability to work independently while doing what’s best for our customers
• Involved with all aspects of customer service, including solving problems, answering questions and working with customers to ensure fantastic service
Pros
Great Location
doing my job is fun
picking/ packing (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAAugust 16, 2017
I loved it..
Would love to work there again..
Picking and packing love doing it..
Wouldn't mind working in a warehouse again..
I worked hard to get where im at
Pros
love the people there
Cons
breaks was good got 2 breaks a day
Fast paced
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 16, 2017
I like the job it was ok i jus didnt get enough jobs an the job was a temp job so we got laid off after the seasonal position was over there was no room for growth
Kept us close as a family.
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 9, 2017
Think it was a nice working place with fun people to be around.The pace of the job kept you moving and also made time go by faster. Hours were long and tough but by end of week paid check was well worth it.
Pros
Big lunch room
Cons
Not enough breaks.
pays well
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYAugust 9, 2017
This job has a very structured environment. They do a lot of business during holidays and will almost let you work as many hours as you like during that time.
Pros
pay every week, great pay
Cons
short breaks and not year round dependacy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at eBay Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.