eBay Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Atmosphere
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAAugust 8, 2017
EBay was by far one of the best jobs I've ever had. Ebay is a company where you can start on the ground floor and go as far as you want based on your own job successes.
My eBay Experience
Merchant Support Call Associate (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTAugust 7, 2017
eBay was by far one of the best jobs I've ever had. I wish their scheduled needs lined up with my personal schedule because I'd love to work for them.
Good work life balance
Senior Manager, Application Security (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 5, 2017
Learnt lot of things.
Focus on people development.
Attended lot of management trainings/programs.
Initiated technology mentoring Program.
Was selected for Emerging Leaders Program.
Easy and able to go at own pace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 5, 2017
Easy to make money selling items on eBay. The hardest part is making sure to sell what people will buy from you and making sure you sell items at the right price.
Fun and Product Work Cultrure
Trainer / Coach (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTAugust 5, 2017
My job was to train and coach staff on customer service - and to review individually with the team the progress and shortcoming. This included identifying weaknesses and opportunities for improving performance.
Pros
Supportive Environment.
Cons
Can't think of any
e2m (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJuly 27, 2017
I loved working here, but with my anxiety, working in a call center is not the best thing for me, you have to have a hard shell in order to work at a call center and handle some people and their attitudes
Ability to work independently
Electronic Sales (Current Employee) –  Globe, AZJuly 20, 2017
Ebay allows ability to work independently. However, seller fees can add up and get expensive if not managed properly. Allows freedom to manage household and continue education while working from home.
Good Work for some.
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Eagle Mountain, UTJuly 20, 2017
great work but you need to not have a soft heart. There are a lot of rude people on phone that treat you like scum. eBay will not protect you when you find yourself on other line of a bully.
good, engaging place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 18, 2017
I would spend my day either taking calls, or making calls to customers who were having problems with the website. Lots of tech errors could happen so I would often have to strongly problem solve to figure out why, and how we would fix these for next time.
Pros
good company, very positive work place, nice staff and mgmt
Cons
no holidays, only time off is PTO, numbers are hard to reach
Fun and productive place to work
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 13, 2017
eBay, is one of the most relaxed call centers, as well as, the most productive, and well put together. Ebay geniuinely cares for there members, and the pay is nice.
Fun place to work with lots of benefits and perks
Teamlead for trust and safety team (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTJuly 12, 2017
eBay represents a strong culture of their values and goals. Company provides a wide spectrum of benefits. Driven by success, lacks communication with employees occasionally. Overall it is a great company to work for.
This was our company store on eBay through Midwest Service & Supplly
Customer Service and Defect Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 10, 2017
What I stated previously about Midwest Service & Supply also applies here, as this was our own store on the eBay site. They really focus on each employees strengths and will find a place where you fit. The staff and management go out of their way to create a safe and friendly work environment. They are all about productive fun!
personal
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAJuly 10, 2017
great working there it was nice
good supervisor
people worked together
always on time
good
great
awesome
better
always worked together with one another awesome people
Vast scale, outdated technology, money-driven culture
Senior Software Engineer - MTS1 (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2017
The scale of traffic is amazing. The amount of data being processed is impressive. The tech stack is very outdated. A lot of poor choices when it comes to tech stack, too.
a rough fast paced job that has a high turn over rate
Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Walton, KYJuly 2, 2017
I personally worked at ebay during there peak season which was honestly a physical nightmare and a wallets dream. working in resolutions was really enjoyable up to the point that peak was at its absolute worst. the job is highly physically demanding both on your legs and your arms also the high shelves in the racks were extremely hard to reach for some one 5'3. working at ebay taught me to be more active and to push through minor aches and pains in order to receive what you are working toward. the management here is not very personable and genuinely treats the employees like nothing but numbers. however I did find many people I worked with to be highly kind and enjoyable.
Pros
three breaks, nice pay, kind peers
Cons
management doesnt care, long days, physically demanding
Fun place
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJune 29, 2017
Talk to different national people. You taking orders or help solve a situation with a order. Stressful and quiet. Team of different station.deal with customer satisfaction
great place to work
Customer Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 28, 2017
great place to work, got two referrals in the door and wouldn't mind telling all my friends to work there. the environment was not stressul for a call center nor were they metric drivin like you hear other call centers are.
Great for those that don't want a normal job
Sales (Current Employee) –  Temple, GAJune 27, 2017
You can work your own hours, sell whatever you want to, take vacation when you want to, just realize that you can't make money if you can't ship orders.
It was a completely new experience and I loved every part of it.
Project Coordinator Intern (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 26, 2017
I'm new to business and want to learn as much as I can. Even though I'm only an intern, I still gain the corporate experience and culture experience that comes along with working at eBay. I work on the intranet and help enhance and bring the experience to the employees globally. Bringing people together through effective communication is something that I truly enjoy.
Pros
Free Breakfast, Game Room, Massage Chairs
Cons
My particular internship doesn't let me indulge in all of the benefits
Great company with a variety of technologies at play
Principal Architect, Network Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 25, 2017
eBay is involved in cloud, Kubernetes, OpenStack, various Apache projects, and global datacenter/networking and infrastructure. And of course its the beloved application of eBay...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at eBay Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.