eBay Employee Reviews in United States

Ebay
Owner/Operator of Jean Queen's Boutique (Current Employee) –  OklahomaJuly 21, 2016
this is an exciting place to work however the market with all of the compeditors has descreased rapidly in the last year or so .... I continue to grow just not fast enough to compete with running a household and its bills
Pros
freedom
Cons
market crashing
Overall a good place to work.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 18, 2016
Great fellow employees, they will be your best resource. Selling/buying department incur many changes to site&policies which made it difficult to provide quality customer service. Empowered to regurgitate what leadership or technical team says but not empowered to escalate it to them if it would be best for the customer and retention.
Productive and Fun
Store Owner (Current Employee) –  Cornville, AZJuly 10, 2016
Exellent Company to Work With
Work From Home
Great Pay
Easy To Use
Fun and Interactive Website
Sell from anywhere in the World!
Great schedule
Small Business Owner (Current Employee) –  Adelanto, CAJuly 8, 2016
Easy schedule. I have to inventory and ship thing safely. I enjoy being my own boss but I miss being part of a team. Most enjoyable part is making a sale. It's the greatest feeling in the world to be able to sell something that someone needs for a reasonable price
Pros
flexible schedule, work at home
Cons
not being used to my full potential
Self Employed
Small Business Owner (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJuly 6, 2016
Hardest part of job is the amount of work put in. Every sale made was commission based which got a bit tough for making money because it was not stable. The best part of the job is it kept me busy and made me feel good to be able to work on my own and still provide for myself. I have learned that I am a good worker and know I would do anything to better myself.
productive and great store
Store Seller and Owner (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 2, 2016
Have my own store on ebay and is going very well. A lot of experience in selling and marketing has been given to me over ebay
I learned a lot
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJune 30, 2016
I learned a lot from working in a call center setting. There are a ot of variables when working in a call center. Some of the time I was there I did work at home and maintained a score on my calls above 90%.
Intense and Overloaded
Vendor Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 30, 2016
Much work and pressure to get things done sooner than later.
And have it done correctly.

My co-workers are all great.

We had great perks (unlimited drinks and snacks,bagels days, free T-shirts, picnics, etc.)
Pros
Great people
Cons
Too much work and not enough compensation
Very minimal chance to expand and limited opportunity for pay raises.
Tier 1 Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 29, 2016
No pay raise when you get converted to a permanent employee. $10/hr with no questions asked. Benefits are available, but quite expensive. PTO given is generous, but nearly impossible to schedule and you will end up taking most of it when they are overstaffed and you are forced out the door. Management has no concept of what it is like to be on the bottom and the top performers are almost always held where they are with incredibly incompetent employees being moved up.
Pros
set schedule, benefits are offered, everyone is full time
Cons
disconnected management team, no promotions for most deserving, incredibly strict on tardies (consequences for being 30 seconds late, still within the same minute)
Independent contracter
Marketing, selling items (Former Employee) –  Hernando, FLJune 28, 2016
Ebay is great for a large corporation, enough supplies and demand is key . Great independent work , work frame depends on your self .
Pros
independent
Cons
not with a large company
Very conveinent...but not enough money
Internet Sales Distributor (Former Employee) –  Fords, NJJune 27, 2016
Endless work. Not enough money. Your house becomes a store...cluttered. If you can carry the right stuff for the right price, you can make money on Ebay!
First Class Company
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 24, 2016
I learned much more about Corporate America and how public companies are run. There is a great culture at ebay and it is paramount with the leadership. My co-workers/team were the best people in the industry. I loved working there, loved my job and loved the people.
Pros
Great Benefits, Free Sodas, High Ethics
Cons
The fast pace is not for everyone
Primary firewall engineer managing and deploying CheckPoint, Cisco ASA/Pix (legacy), and Sophos firewalls
IT Security Engineer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 22, 2016
Worked with resellers to procure a next generation firewall for deployment within the Data Tactics IT network.
• Port scanned servers using NMAP and closed all unnecessary ports to reduce the attack surface
• Design a comprehensive set of policies that are customized to a unique security business
Pros
freebies
Cons
no insurance provided
Excellent Experience
Associate Lister (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCJune 22, 2016
Working with DesirableDynamics on Ebay was a great experience. We earned monthly bonuses for high sales and minimal returns.
Pros
Monthly Bonus of up to $380 a month for good sales and minimal returns
great job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FL 32901June 21, 2016
great working people no trouble with any other sales rep steady job great benifits management staff very helpful any question asked was answered very well

work day would incoulde ten hour shifts call back to back or steady for the better word

hardest part i would have too say would be some of the customer would be a little over baring but nothing that could not be handle by the well trianed staff

greatest part would be working with other how made the job easier and that were willing to step in to help out there fellow coworker
C2C Pioneer with evolution at its roots
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 2, 2016
Great company with startup culture and seasoned leadership team that is trying to reinvent itself in the ultra competitive but rapidly growing e-commerce market.
Pros
good work life balance, excellent benefits
Cons
the company has lost its edge and this is reflected in the talent it now attracts
Fantastic experience trying to always please the customer
Salesman (Current Employee) –  Armada, MIJune 1, 2016
Normally, I would list what and when I wanted to. How I worked, reflected on how much I would make. I was able to learn to ship items and make sure the customer is happy.
Positive place to work
Customer Solutions Agent 3 (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMay 31, 2016
I feel that eBay was one of the most positive influences of my life from the day I started training until my last day it was a great experience.
Fun and positive culture with amazing benefits.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLMay 31, 2016
Working at Ebay Enterprise has been amazing, It is the best job I have had so far in my young life. All of my co-workers and managers were down to earth and really provided a warm and comforting environment. It really felt like we were all one big family.
Pros
Have planned festivities every month that include food and games, Competitive salaries, Friendly people all around
Cons
Some days will be busy and you will get barely anytime between calls
okay place to work.
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  McCarran, NVMay 25, 2016
the manager was always rude, i couldnt ask my friends for help without him getting mad at me. i would make my quota for the day. i loved the hours and the friendly co workers. the manager was my big problem
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
poor management