eBay Employee Reviews in United States

Challenging and exciting
Burbank Sportscards (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 22, 2016
Working for Burbank Sportscards has taught me to treat each customer the same. Working the ebay department, and having to do daily emails, I thrived on making sure my customers would leave our company with a positive experience. Furthermore, the company's friendly environment helped me grow as a person for the past 10 years.
Pros
Health Plan
Cons
Repetitive
Don't waste your time trying to make money on Ebay!
Self Employed (Current Employee) –  Ontario, OHMay 21, 2016
The only way to even sell an item anymore is throwing it to the wolves true auction style. Buyers are only interested in the bottom of the barrel because feedback makes everyone look like an expert in everything.
Ebay Store Owner
Store Owner (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILMay 20, 2016
Being an Ebay store owner allowed me the flexibility that was needed to raise my family and attend college. I have learned a great deal from this venture, and now I am ready to be a part of a bigger team.
great job
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 18, 2016
i worked overnight fulltime and the pay was about 11.25 per hour also if you worked overtime it was a time and a half
great supervisor
must be able to deal with angry customers and know how to work on a computer also must be quick
Pros
the pay, also job is not very difficult
Cons
overnight work, long hours, must be quick
Ok
Senior Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 17, 2016
I came in at a time of increasing company change and instability. Very kind people but not much direction. Managed the integration strategies of multiple companies with EBay’s enterprise system. Designed the technical solution for the transitioning of multiple, disparate platforms into a large enterprise ecommerce environment. Worked with many different teams and technologies to enable new, highly functional and high performing solutions including new web solutions, Omni-channel configurations, Affiliate marketing, mobile architecture and strategy, Search Engine Optimization, and supply chain management. Estimated project costs, delivery and maintenance costs, budget forecasts, and total return on investment.
Awesome
Onsite Technical Support Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTMay 17, 2016
I really enjoyed my job. I was devastated when I was laid off. I worked as an on-site tech and they use an outsourcing company for these positions. They went with a new vendor and let the entire existing team go. I was told for months I would keep my job but in the end it didn't happen. Everything else about the job was awesome. They have an awesome atmosphere and lots of perks.
Great Culture and Overall Fun Place to Work
Technical Services Engineer (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMay 16, 2016
I have found that the eBay culture is a unique one. Although the business has its flaws I would consider it one of the best opportunities that I have had.

I recommend them as a great place to work and enjoy what you do. They appreciate their employees and are always rewarding hard work.
Pros
Free soda, gym, fair compensation
Cons
It can be hard to move up in the company because the limited positions.
Great job always learn something everyday
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLMay 16, 2016
This job keep you on your feet and keep you alert.
You will never get bored and you will love to get to meet people from all the calls you get.
Long breaks Air hockey Table and Good food
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAMay 16, 2016
Come into work clock in head to the lunch room for breakfast. go outside for a little air then head into work. sit at the deck put on my head phones and start collecting calls. love helping a customer find their packages and tracking them. to help and customer will turn they day around great.. even a mad customer will turn happy...
Pros
Long breaks and Great management
Cons
N/A
Fulfillment associate (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVMay 13, 2016
Love working here. Down sides are the pay- pay raises are small, stress is high to get numbers, and favoritism is an ongoing problem with managers.
Easy to learn new jobs.
Management seems to change every few years...
Co-workers are great, everyone is willing to help out.
Pros
Steady shifts
Cons
point system sucks
Not to bad
Packer (Current Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYMay 3, 2016
Ebay isn't to bad to work for. The job itself can be very physical, but overall easy. Some of The management can be very questionable, and not very well with communication. Unless told to be from upper management. As for the rest of the work crew, we all get along well. You will face your typical drama starters, and favoritism.Though, those can be easily ignored. Many of us work as a team, and help each other out when possible. Overall Ebay has been a good place to work.
Pros
Co-workers, breaks, vacation time.
Cons
Favoritism
Productive, fun job with good people; stinky hours..Temporary.
Inventory; pick/pack (Former Employee) –  Richwood, KYMay 3, 2016
I absolutely loved the actual job i had and the people i worked with. The only problem i had with the job was the location was a little too far to only be making 9 dollars an hour, on top of being sent home within a couple hours because the job would be finished due to too many temps hired and not enough work. It stunk willing and wanting to work, and never being able to. company shows no interest in providing ways to move beyond the temp status no matter the willingness, efficiency, determination, nor time put into the company. also terrible raises, few and far between.
Pros
Fun, easy job with lots of moving, good people, nice hours.
Cons
No opportunity to grow, move up, go beyond "temp' status.
Great job!
buyer/seller (Former Employee) –  Home BasedApril 30, 2016
Taught myself ebay in order to save my house during the recession. It worked. I made enough money to make morgage payments and keep my home
Pros
work from hom
Cons
not consistent paycheck
Plenty of Learning Opportunites
Process Improvement Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 29, 2016
I was honored to be eBay Enterprises first Process Improvement Manager. The environment was ready to be challenged. They warmly accepted Kaizen Improvements but not without some bumps in the road
Great company, great benefits,
Top Customer Care (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 28, 2016
eBay is a great company and obviously one of the biggest players in the marketplace, but I did not fit in here. Rather than being given flexibility to drive growth and maintain customer loyalty, we were given a script to follow.
Call Center was in transition while I was working there
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 25, 2016
Call Center was in transition while I was working there, gets pretty busy and hectic around the holidays here, pleasant staff sometime serve up pizza and promotional stuff to employees, Nice break area
good workplace
Trainer, Packer, Gift wrapper, Custom blender (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 17, 2016
A typical workday at Ebay was packing or picking. You have to maintain a certain percentage each day. You learn the codes on the computer and the codes on the scanners if you are a picker. The co-workers are nice and good to get along with. The job is not hard at all. The most enjoyable part of the job was going to work and working with people you got along with and built relationships with. It makes the job much better because you can pack with one other employee in your pack station.
Pros
good coworkers, good benefits
Cons
pay is not good for the amount of work
Enjoyed working at eBay
Sr Software Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAApril 11, 2016
Clear requirements and very helpful team.
Good work culture.
Provide training on new technologies
Typical working hours
Awesome company, amazing culture
Anonnymous (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 6, 2016
Awesome company to work for, amazing perks, great work life balance. Seriously it's amazing. Co-workers are great, and so is the facility.
Not Contract Friendly
Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTApril 5, 2016
Great place to work with great people to work with. eBay treat their full-time employees great but they treat contract employees terrible. Contractors are forced to take two weeks off during Christmas time with out pay and you may or may not get to work 40 hours a week. When Sr. Management comes into town they take the full-time employees out for lunch but not the contract employees. Only given a two day notice before the contract ended.
Pros
Free drinks and great game room
Cons
Sr. Management