eBay Employee Reviews

Fast paced but fun place to work with great people
Outbound Lead (Former Employee) –  McCarran, NVMarch 25, 2016
Walking in every day to energetic co-workers ready for the day was a very rewarding and inspiring feeling.

I learned how to stay motivated and lead a team to hit our daily goals as well as picking, packing, inducting, dunnage, loading trailers, forklift operating.

Fun, motivated, and willing to help at the drop of a hat is probably the best description for the employees at eBay.

The hardest part was taking a step back from production to keep everyone else motivated and lead the team to our goal.

The most enjoyable part was just being there and being around all of the friendly people.
Pros
Lots of advancement opportunities, great benifits
Cons
Your voice is not always heard
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Pacoima, CA 91331September 12, 2016
Company was very flexible,fun, and had good benefits. My friendships are still here after so many years and thanks to this job.
Pros
overtime
Cons
agency
Great Culture and Overall Fun Place to Work
Technical Services Engineer (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMay 16, 2016
I have found that the eBay culture is a unique one. Although the business has its flaws I would consider it one of the best opportunities that I have had.

I recommend them as a great place to work and enjoy what you do. They appreciate their employees and are always rewarding hard work.
Pros
Free soda, gym, fair compensation
Cons
It can be hard to move up in the company because the limited positions.
C2C Pioneer with evolution at its roots
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 2, 2016
Great company with startup culture and seasoned leadership team that is trying to reinvent itself in the ultra competitive but rapidly growing e-commerce market.
Pros
good work life balance, excellent benefits
Cons
the company has lost its edge and this is reflected in the talent it now attracts
Great Place for Development and Growth
Global Expansion Operations Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTFebruary 11, 2017
Overall, this is a great company to work for. The overall atmosphere is very positive and the environment is certainly focused on personal and professional development. The one negative would be that with the given management structure, departments are so compartmentalized that they don't do well when it comes to working cohesively. Also, in certain instances it can be very difficult to operate in circumstances where you reporting staff is not in the same location as you. However, it is very exciting to be a part of a global marketplace as big as this one since you get to see how much goes into giving the buyers and sellers the best experience possible.
Pros
Free Soda
Cons
Compartmentalized departments
good workplace
Trainer, Packer, Gift wrapper, Custom blender (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 17, 2016
A typical workday at Ebay was packing or picking. You have to maintain a certain percentage each day. You learn the codes on the computer and the codes on the scanners if you are a picker. The co-workers are nice and good to get along with. The job is not hard at all. The most enjoyable part of the job was going to work and working with people you got along with and built relationships with. It makes the job much better because you can pack with one other employee in your pack station.
Pros
good coworkers, good benefits
Cons
pay is not good for the amount of work
Fulfillment associate (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVMay 13, 2016
Love working here. Down sides are the pay- pay raises are small, stress is high to get numbers, and favoritism is an ongoing problem with managers.
Easy to learn new jobs.
Management seems to change every few years...
Co-workers are great, everyone is willing to help out.
Pros
Steady shifts
Cons
point system sucks
Intense and Overloaded
Vendor Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 30, 2016
Much work and pressure to get things done sooner than later.
And have it done correctly.

My co-workers are all great.

We had great perks (unlimited drinks and snacks,bagels days, free T-shirts, picnics, etc.)
Pros
Great people
Cons
Too much work and not enough compensation
Adventure
Fulfillment Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAFebruary 23, 2016
Environment built on the buddy system. The work isn't hard but requires patience. Outside of peak season full time associates rarely get enough hours to support their families.
All skills that included Microsoft, scheduling, and conference calls were learned while there.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the politics and favoritism. Hard working employees with the skill and knowledge are always looked over for promotions because of the new management team.
Benefits
Cons
Wages/ Retaliation
Ebay Store Owner
Store Owner (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILMay 20, 2016
Being an Ebay store owner allowed me the flexibility that was needed to raise my family and attend college. I have learned a great deal from this venture, and now I am ready to be a part of a bigger team.
Good work culture, average to OK product culture
Cloud Infrastructure Engineering Developer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 3, 2016
eBay hasn't innovated the main product in years and it shows. The new CEO post paypal split has been good, but the site has still been slow to take risks and make changes. Work life balance is great, and working remotely is accessible to everyone.
Easy way to own your own business.
Seller (Current Employee) –  RemoteNovember 24, 2016
As a seller on eBay, I am my own boss. I set my own hours, sell whatever I want, and keep nearly all the profits from whatever I sell. With so many different people visiting the website, there's a market for virtually everything out there, including old collectibles and toys. It's a good way to make some extra money and offset the cost of any hobbies you might have. The only downside is the selling fees from both PayPal and eBay itself. They aren't too extreme, though they can be annoying, especially for smaller sales.
Pros
Decent money, can sell almost anything.
Cons
PayPal and eBay fees on each sale.
Fun an easy
pick and pack (Former Employee) –  Richwood, KYJanuary 13, 2017
I loved this job it was easy once you got the hang of it,fun work enviroment, management is great and your co workers are friendly, the worst thing was short lunches since alot. had to leave to get there lunch.
Pros
Fun, easy, great management
Cons
Short breaks an lunches, not enough pay
Ebay is a fun business to do on you own time frame
Sales (Current Employee) –  Prineville, ORFebruary 12, 2017
Ebay you can do at home on your own time. You can also stay real busy with if you find alot of items to list. Putting items together for the listing, (meaning) finding there category to list them in, while taking lots of pictures to present your items so they sell for a great price. calculate each item shipping charge and how your going to ship the item.
The most enjoyable part of the day is when you complete you task of listing, and accomplished what you wanted to complete on your work sheet for the day.

Amen
Great job with good pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 29, 2016
Easy to balance schedule, nice management, and laid back culture. No opportunity for growth or benefits if you have either bad credit or a criminal charge.
Was a great opportunity
Senior Technical (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 29, 2016
working with ebay was a great experience in the unique role I was deployed as a technology evangelist . Really good working culture. Technology explore was great. Management was mostly set by the example.
Great Benefits, not that good management
SW Eng. (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PADecember 9, 2015
Benefits are great, pay is not that bad, and we used to have cool in office perks like beer on fridays and christmas parties.

All that changed after GSI was sold to ebay, company made the great mistake of using a complicated and difficult to maintain ecommerce technology platform for what was meant to be the next platform since 2011. Everything went south from there...

Management never rectified direction and instead started layoff waves at least every half year.
Pros
great benefits, good pay, nice WFH policy
Cons
bad management, corrupt CEOs in the past
fun place to work
great management
free food
great benefits
complicated website
voted best place to work in Austin
great pay
bonuses
Typical day at work
Customer Service/ Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FL 32901September 2, 2016
Ive learn how to be a great customer representative. Learn that all people want is help. From management to co workers, you get to learn a lot from each and every one of them. Things such as knowing how to use your communication skills. Knowing how to get out of a escalation call. The hardest part of the job is back to back calls but the most enjoyable part of the job is hanging up the phone after im done with a customer knowing I just help a customer and theyre indeed satisfied.
eBay has a culture of allowing employees to learn and grow
HRIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTNovember 20, 2016
I enjoyed by time at eBay because I had a great managers. She had the ability to recognize strengths and weaknesses. I liked that she held people accountable for producing a good product.
Pros
Opportunities for learning and development. If you showed potential you were given opportunity.
Cons
The worklife balance was non existant for people who wanted to get ahead

Ask a question about working or interviewing at eBay. Our community is ready to answer.

Indeed Prime: Apply to 100 top tech companies with 1 application

100% free. Land your dream job and get $2k. Interested employers will reach out with salary and equity upfront.

Learn more about Indeed Prime