eBay

eBay Employer Reviews

recieve good money from things u find at yard sales
Online seller (Current Employee), baltimore, MDFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: my own hours. work at home
Cons: no social contact. not enough to live off alone
got to check out yard sales and flea markets and buy things at bargain of a price and sell them online for a lot more then I paid.
i set my own hours. Just no benefits or enough money a lone to live off of.
Call Center for ebay
Customer Care Agent for American Eagle (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLFebruary 11, 2014
Call Center wor and deppend on what depatment you work at you pay is diffrent and the co worksers are diffrent
HAD POTENTIAL TO BE A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Quality Assurance Clerk (Former Employee), Shepherdsville, KYFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: extras on breaks such as air hockey table basketball, video games
Cons: little to no communication with mangement
13.5 Hour day with 10hrs overtime shifts data entry quality an inventory control updating order status. I learned the red parier system. Hardest part was going up an down fout flights of steps to verify product with no air or heat. Most enjoyable part of day was break.
Work at home
Autioneer (Current Employee), Safety Harbor, FLFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: set own pace
Cons: coming up with produces
Work at home, at own pace.
You learn how to sell & how to take it to the next level.
Self management, no co-workers.
Hardest part of the job coming up with products.
Best part of the job just customers to answer to & waking up when you wish.
Perks of Ebay
Power Seller and a Top Rated Seller (Current Employee), wilmington ncJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: fexible schedule
Cons: no benefits
I enjoy Ebay as it allows a flexible schedule. You must be very organized and punctual and I am great at both. I am just in need of more security at this moment,
Worked on my own time and sold what I thought would be profitable
Entrepreneur (Former Employee), Columbiana, OHJanuary 29, 2014
I worked my own hours and bought wholesale products to ship and sell in the US. I received a very high feedback rating and communicated with each customer to assure their satisfaction. These business techniques helped me understand how to market works and how to better advertise on eBay and in my school.
Great environment, great benefits, but limited career growth.
Prefer not to say (Current Employee), Draper, UtahJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: free food once per week, great health benefits, 401k match, fun activities, good work/life balance
Cons: limited career growth opportunities
eBay is an amazing work environment. People are friendly, fun, and there is a strong emphasis on work life balance. The benefits are great, including 401k matching, health, vision, and dental and more.

Management is generally good and Executive Management is very strong and personable.

The only downside is career growth opportunities. eBay is highly – more... competitive with a limited number of advancement opportunities in Utah. If you want to be People Management, this is a good place to be. Outside of People Management, opportunities are much slimmer. – less
Fun enviornment
Desktop Support - Level 2 (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 28, 2014
Not too bad. It was ok.

A lot of software engineers were to be on boarded and many employees had to get their desktops setup and workstations to be looked after and attended to.

This is Ebay's presence in the downtown Bellevue or Seattle,WA area and locality.
productive place to work
Picker (Current Employee), Walton, KYJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: perfect schedule
Cons: constantly being sent home early(lack of work)
productive, good place to work. co-workers are friendly and very helpful
Processing a Sale
Top Rated Power Seller - Store Owner (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: being able to set your own hours, working from your home office
Cons: needing to be available 24 hrs.
Creating a listing for an item to sale that will catch the eye of a prospective buyer within 42 seconds. Quality picture, keywords in title bar, clear description detailing item, pricing, shipping cost, time allowance for carriers. Competitive research on demand, pricing.
Once item is purchased, you need to verify funds, customer address, process transaction, – more... mark shipped, upload tracking, communicate w/buyer until item is delivered.
I've learned all aspects of buying, selling, cost control, inventory purchase, pricing, terminology, working around the clock to insure the best customer service is provided & being available 24 hrs. Management: eBay does employ the best and will more times work with you to provide their sellers with the help needed to be successful. Offering daily discussion boards & memos help to strengthen the seller to perform with the highest regard.
Co-workers, none. You work competitively on your own, which keeps you sharp.
Hardest part of the job: Buyers remorse when you give 120% and fail. Out of stock items. Fear of negative feedback which can be unduly warranted and no one can do anything about it.
Most enjoyable day: When you receive a message from your customer that they are thrilled with their purchase & leave positive feedback and sitting back and looking at your store and what you've done to succeed to accomplish the goals you've set out and feeling that you've done a good job. – less
Great benefits, new facility.
Legal / Government Relations (Current Employee), UtahJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: lack of opportunities, management inconsistencies
Casual friendly work environment
Constant change
Inconsistent management
Benefits and flexibility
Great Job
Online Seller (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: freedom
Cons: benefits, pay
I wake up in the morning search the internet for items locally and on the internet for the best price and then post them on my account. I work my own hours the harder I work the more I get paid.
Professional Atmosphere
Senior Cognos Consultant (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 7, 2014
At E-Bay, I took a step ahead of my professional work and enhanced a lot of business solutions provided by my team. Everyone was very friendly and we had good fun during the projects.
Great company, benefits - Difficult to move up
Customer Service (Current Employee), Draper, UTJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: pay, people, healthcare
Cons: limited upward mobility
eBay has a fantastic call center environment. Most people are nice and fun to work with. I have had great managers and coaches who are always willing to help. If you are wanting to get your foot in the door in the call center and then move on to other areas of the company (outside the call center), you will likey have a very difficult, frustrating experience. – more... But for a temporary position to pay the bills, I highly recommend the company. Great pay, benefits, facilities. – less
Good enviroment
Customer Support Agent (Current Employee), Hunt Valley, MDDecember 24, 2013
Great co-workers. Treats employees like humans and not robots!!
Working ebay
Ebay Selling Assistant (Former Employee), Queen Creek, AZDecember 21, 2013
Pros: part time
Cons: healthcare
My review of ebay good as a part time job, laid back and easy. Typical day involved description details, listing,selling, packing, shipping, communications with customers. No management of co-workers. What I learn was how the postal system works, how to deal with unhappy customers, time management, speak and convey items with completely accurately. – more... Most enjoyable part of the job was the hours. – less
Great Place...Great Opportunities
Remote Worker - Concord, NC (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PADecember 16, 2013
I really enjoyed my stay at eBay. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a full time role. My contract there is ending this week.

If the opportunity presented itself I would most definitely work there again.
Self-Employeed job
Owner and operator of online stores (Current Employee), OnlineDecember 10, 2013
Pros: work from home
Cons: no base income strem
Its more of a online business than an actual job. Hard to review.
Productive and a great place to work
Inventory Control Manager/ Replenishment I (Former Employee), Martinsville, VADecember 2, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: people
The management there have their problem, but really these days who doesn't.
eBay provides a great opportunity for small business owners
Power Seller Accounts Manager/Product Tester (Current Employee), Beavercreek, OhNovember 30, 2013
I essentially run several power seller accounts for confidential clients.

About eBay

The world’s leading e-commerce company, eBay Inc. brings together a family of brands that connect communities. Built on – Read more