eBay Employee Reviews

Productive and boosting workplace.
Logistics Coordinator & PowerSeller (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 8, 2014
Executed all clerical/administrative tasks and provided member services. Performed supervision and mediation over stocks, sales, trades, and profitable gains. Accelerated through a thorough understanding of the project and company policies and guidelines, and how they were best executed. Administered acts upon phone reception, banking, payroll, typing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, money transfers, and basic operation duties daily under the authority of eBay, Inc. Appointed additional leadership positions, marketed, and solicited all brands of electronics.
Pros
awesome environment for community interactions and sales.
Cons
high sales percentages.
Entrepreneur at ebay
Entrepreneur Ebay Seller (Current Employee) –  Lambert, MSJune 24, 2014
eBay has been my only income since 2010. I've managed to be financial stable working from home. Even though you list items on ebay, you can be removed if you don't continue good standing with the company. For nice sales, you need a good amount of inventory with great pictures. I'm currently looking for additional work and making ebay part time because I do not interact with people face-to-face on a daily basis.
Pros
self employment, variety of stores to choose from, high traffic, great sales, self controlled listings, and label printing.
Cons
high fees, charges final value fees on shipping, only accept paypal, buyer can open cases without trying, and very rare american speaking customer representatives.
Excellent place to work
owner (Current Employee) –  vallejo,caApril 25, 2013
A typical day could start anywere from 2 a.m. to 8 a.m. just depends if someone is asking a question or ordering an item from are business. Since starting the the Ebay store I've learned how to deal with everybody needs an wants, also finding the best way to get the product to the customer if it's here in the Untied state or overseas, An as part owner in the company the management part of the business is hard because it just you an no room for mistakes.An the the best part of the job is that it's my business, an i get to see how everything is run from finding product to purchase for the store, to picturing , to listing , an finally selling the item an shipping it.
Pros
private owned
Cons
long days getting everything up an running
I got to write my own ads and post my own pictures....I was my own boss!
Seller Rating of over 1,600 (Former Employee) –  Nanticoke, PAAugust 29, 2012
I did very well selling online and I got a high rating! I wrote my own ads and posted my auctions by hand, one at a time. I modeled in the pictures of the shoes and boots, edited the pictures, uploaded them to a hosting site, used basic HTML to format the copy. I communicated with customers via IMs and emails regarding the products. I also processed the orders and followed up with the customers to ensure the products arrived and that they enjoyed them. I did all of the bookkeeping, banking and all of the other miscellaneous clerical duties.
Pros
worked at my own pace and when i wanted, made good money
Cons
no healthcare, hard work, had to list a lot to sell a few
eBay Enterprise is a very good place to work.
Safety & Security Manager Whelan Security (Current Employee) –  Martinsville, VAMarch 2, 2015
I manage and train 22 safety & security officers normally. During the peak season, this number increases to 30. I investigate all incidents especially those with injuries. If a constant is identified, we address this with training or corrective measures. In the fulfillment center, there are many conveyors. Conveyors are very dangerous and I help with properly training the trainers.

The best part of my job is interacting with the people. I enjoy getting to know people and if I'm able to, help them make there job easier and safer.
Pros
i am allowed the freedom of setting my work hours as needed.
Cons
i drive one hour to work and then one hour home each day.
Basically left alone to work the dock and load 4 trucks and contain 7 lanes simultaneously
Fulfillment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYNovember 20, 2013
I have taught myself both systems that the warehouse ran off of to run my reports and BOL's.

Many of my co-workers felt like I did 1 team 1 goal. Management needs to do a better job to keep new and old employees there was a very high turn-around. I enjoyed working with my team to make our goals. Difficulty was getting management to understand the dock could not work like the rest of the warehouse on Units per Hour we need Orders per Hour. Something I finally got them to understand when someone was injured due to negligence.
Pros
life to work balance was great
Cons
management not understanding how the jobs are done.
Seller/ Buyer (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 22, 2013
Working on Ebay deals with different types of aspects. It gives you the experience of being your own boss/Entrepreneur. Ebay is a way of conducting your own business. You sell products thats in demand in order to make a profit. You work on your own pace and in the comfort of your home and also on the street. Ebay has made it easy to do business transactions on the computer and also on the phone, this way you have the opportunity to always keep in contact with costumers and keep track of transactions. The hardest part about working on Ebay is, it doesn't guarantee money like a 9-5 job does, also after each transaction Ebay gets a percent of all revenue made.
Pros
work on your own pace
Cons
no benefits
Productive Day With Bow Tie
BOW TIE (Current Employee) –  Martinsville VaJanuary 27, 2015
I arrive on time. 7:00 a.m.
Depends on the day ....
either I am sitting down and I tie bows on small chocolate boxes or I go to an assembly line and tie bows on what we call Baskets full of chocolate or Towers ( a tower of choclate boxes).
Also, could be going to shipping where we ship the chocolates out to the customers. Paper work is included in all jobs.

There is no hard part in my day. It is fairly an easy job. My co-workers are great and they meet quota just like the rest of us do. My most enjoyable part of the day would be where we get to see the products. It is always something different and the products are very pretty and smell great!
Pros
they did provide free food occasionally
Cons
very cold inside
fun work place
Scanner (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 14, 2014
A typical day at work was clocking in and getting straight to work,.
management was great they did a great job showing us the ropes of doing things in a way that was easy and faster to learn.
I learned how to be a fast worker yet being able to be sociable with co workers and meeting new people.
the hardest part of the job was trying to do a good job and not mess up, but at the same time they showed me that its ok not to always know everything and do it right the first time. The most enjoyable part of job was lunch time I got to meet new people make friends and feel welcome their everyone was very nice and respectful.
Pros
meeting new people and becoming friends with them.
Cons
having short breaks.
Starts out fun but ends in disaster DON'T BELIEVE EBAY'S LIES!
Customer Solutions Teammate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 20, 2015
I worked here for only a short period of time, and I was amazed with the stupidity, uptight, ignorance, insecurity, paranoia and other things this company showed me. I was always getting griped at for using the restroom too much. You know what, I'm not going to hold my waste just because it's "Distracting" to you. They put on this big show for all their new hires but when you have to use the restroom they get all uptight. DON'T BELIEVE EBAY'S LIES! It's not paradise like the people who work here say it is.
Pros
Benefits starting day 1 of employment
Cons
30 minute lunches, get pulled aside and griped at about using the restroom.
Good people and great learning experience
National Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 8, 2013
Each day started with the review of tasks and goals I put together the previous night. I would see if there were any issues I needed to move ahead of other tasks and then start the day. The industry had new information coming out every day so I was always reading as much as I could about those changes. Management would provide as much assistance and direction as they could and we would work together in acquiring new accounts. Each co-worker was always there to help another with training and or assistance of any kind. Each day provided challenges and working through them was and is always rewarding.
Pros
free coffee
Great company to work for!
Customer Solutions Agent (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJuly 17, 2012
- I worked as customer service taking inbound phone calls. Of course, some calls were difficult, but I learned how to de-escalate calls and empathize with members.
- I loved my immediate management, they were the most supportive coaches and mentors that I've ever had.
- The hardest part of the job was being on the phone for 8 hours a day. Sometimes it just takes a lot out of you.
- The best part of the job was feeling like I actually helped members, since it seemed they had bad experiences with CS agents before they reached me.
Pros
free bagels once a week, free soda & drinks always. great benefits. they really take care of their employees.
Cons
short breaks
eBay is what you make of it!
Seller (Current Employee) –  Shakopee, MinnesotaJanuary 12, 2012
eBay has been a great business venture for me, I started it early last year, and have had great success selling men's apparel. You have alot of flexibility with your schedule (obviously), as well as a unique and very well structured systems in place to build your business, and your potential to make money is very good, if you willing to work for it. There are some limits set in place, and some of the terms for there fee system are a bit unsettling, overall it has been great working for them!
Pros
great income potential, and great sales systems that make it very easy
Cons
some fees associated with selling can add up, income potential limited for aggressive sellers
has a great breakroom, one on all three floors, free sodas, free snacks, every wednesday is bagel day so we get free bagels, arcade machines, xbox etc
Customer Solutions Teammate, Fraud/Risk Review (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 19, 2014
typical day at work is reviewing members accounts for risk/fraud, raising selling limits on members accounts. hardest part of job is that ebay has so much information when it comes to policy its impossible to remember it all. which is why ebay has an intranet site we use for policy. I have learned the policies but to know everything is just impossible when it comes to ebay and their policies and procedures.
Pros
free lunches (pizza, mexican food etc.) 3 flat screen tv's in every breakroom
Cons
n/a
Good work/life balance but no room for andvancement
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 6, 2015
I answer phone calls 40 hours per week and speak to customers who need business development. Usually, the calls are inbound. When I am not on the phone, I am training new hire classes to take calls and field the inquiries that we get as phone agents. The most enjoyable part of the job is the different personalities I encounter all day and also getting to help develop other employees. The hardest part of the job is the abuse that sometimes comes with speaking to a disgruntled customer on the phone.
Pros
acceptable benefits, diverse work environment
Cons
short breaks, 40 hours of phone time per week
eBay policy changes kill seller protection
Power Seller (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 5, 2014
A typical day usually involved hunting for items at garage sales and re-listing them at a fair price in my online store. I learned a great deal about reading policy changes ASAP and trying to adapt my selling style to suit them. I basically worked for myself and enjoyed the kind of freedom that this offered. The hardest part of the job was seeing so much of my profits being eaten away more and more by all the fees eBay added to sales. The most enjoyable part of the job was making all the merchandise in my online store look nice for potential customers.
Pros
self-supervised
Cons
ebay fees and policy changes are killer
Excellent Project Management / Leadership / Colleagues !!
DevOps (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 27, 2015
When I reflect upon my experience at eBay, the first thing that comes to mind is "perfect project execution at scale." From the initial idea, to Gantt chart, to milestone execution, to delivery. Perfect.

The second thing that comes to mind are the people. Even though I was a contractor, it really "felt-like" I was part of the team, my contributions were welcomed. My colleagues were available and approachable via Skype, phone, or e-mail.

They trust you to do the right thing, and they trust that you have enough sense to ask if you're not certain.
Pros
Diverse workplace, lots of interesting projects
Cons
No cons. Nothing bad.
The Grass is only greener where you water it.
Business Development Team Leader - Level III (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTNovember 10, 2014
eBay's benefits are what makes the company so attractive. They diluted the quality of candidates by lowering their standards over the past few years to allow non-degree applicants to hold leadership positions; which has attracted lower level under-performing, sometimes scheming managers to run things. Manager Level & Above Leaders are arrogant and lack true desires to be creative. I always hear...pull a lever, or go for the quick win. Nobody really invests in the big win (long-term strategies).
Pros
benefits & compensation
Cons
cmanagers & directors without vision, only execution.
Best Place I Ever Worked
L2 On Site Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 30, 2014
I only worked four hours a day but they were the best four hours I ever worked in IT. I was the only IT support for 200+ developers and they were the nicest set of people I ever worked with. Even the most difficult problems they brought to me were manageable and they dealt with any tragedies (data loss, dead hard drives, etc.) with great aplomb.
I learned the finer points of PXE imaging, inventory management, Casper Suite deployment and Remedy ticketing.
Management loved having me there and hated to see me leave, as did I.
Pros
great work culture; nicest set of people i ever worked with, and free pepsi!
Cons
worked as contractor
Very professional and fun workplace
Customer Service & Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne flFebruary 5, 2015
I learned how to strive for great customer service, to always listen to customers issue and problems so we can find the solution. Management was an open door policy, they were always concerned and interested in our ideas to better help the customers. My co-workers were all very professional and fun to be around daily. The hardest part of my job is to stay firm to our policy and procedure but also find the4 best way to please and satisfy an irate customer. The most enjoyable part is when I will de escalate an unhappy customer, to insure they will hang up happy.
Pros
free gym
Cons
short breaks