eBay Employee Reviews

Great job with good pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 29, 2016
Easy to balance schedule, nice management, and laid back culture. No opportunity for growth or benefits if you have either bad credit or a criminal charge.
Was a great opportunity
Senior Technical (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 29, 2016
working with ebay was a great experience in the unique role I was deployed as a technology evangelist . Really good working culture. Technology explore was great. Management was mostly set by the example.
Great Benefits, not that good management
SW Eng. (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PADecember 9, 2015
Benefits are great, pay is not that bad, and we used to have cool in office perks like beer on fridays and christmas parties.

All that changed after GSI was sold to ebay, company made the great mistake of using a complicated and difficult to maintain ecommerce technology platform for what was meant to be the next platform since 2011. Everything went south from there...

Management never rectified direction and instead started layoff waves at least every half year.
Pros
great benefits, good pay, nice WFH policy
Cons
bad management, corrupt CEOs in the past
Typical day at work
Customer Service/ Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FL 32901September 2, 2016
Ive learn how to be a great customer representative. Learn that all people want is help. From management to co workers, you get to learn a lot from each and every one of them. Things such as knowing how to use your communication skills. Knowing how to get out of a escalation call. The hardest part of the job is back to back calls but the most enjoyable part of the job is hanging up the phone after im done with a customer knowing I just help a customer and theyre indeed satisfied.
fun place to work
great management
free food
great benefits
complicated website
voted best place to work in Austin
great pay
bonuses
Great environment
Owner of Online store (Current Employee) –  Home BasedJanuary 8, 2017
A reliable site where you can find anything you want and also a great and secure place to sell your collectible items. You have the opportunity to do all the requirement of the job from your computer and it is easy to print and ship the purchase items from home. Feeds are taken care of by the site as well as a comfortable ans secure transaction with your PayPal account.
Pros
right at your finger tips
Cons
High competitors
I sell online and produce high quality sporting products that are high in demand
Independent Seller (Current Employee) –  Perris, CAFebruary 7, 2017
eBay has been a great experience in making additional income. I am allowed to work on further enhancing customer service for clients in an online portal. I have shipped to many countries and people leave great reviews for me based on their service and products provided.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
No team to work with (Independent business)
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 6, 2016
Great schedules for the holidays. Work at your own pace.
Awesome hours, if you want more hours you can have them. Long enough lunch breaks.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVFebruary 15, 2017
Good place to work. Management and other employees are nice and willing to help you if needed. Many different jobs to learn and they give you as much time needed in training you
eBay has a culture of allowing employees to learn and grow
HRIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTNovember 20, 2016
I enjoyed by time at eBay because I had a great managers. She had the ability to recognize strengths and weaknesses. I liked that she held people accountable for producing a good product.
Pros
Opportunities for learning and development. If you showed potential you were given opportunity.
Cons
The worklife balance was non existant for people who wanted to get ahead
Good place to buy and sell
Independent Contractor for an eBay client (Former Employee) –  N Fort Myers, FLJanuary 26, 2017
Ebay is a great place for you to buy and sell basically anything to anyone anywhere in the world. It has a great customer base for the most part, and it's usually pretty easy to complete transactions.
Pros
Fairly easy to use
Cons
Sometimes there can be extra fees
eBay is a great place to work! I would like to use all aspects of my education
Information Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTSeptember 14, 2015
A typical day at work consists of risk assessment of new products and processes and how they may interface with our systems. The consistent communication with technical staff across all lines of business in order to address requests for policy exceptions while ensuring that long term mitigation plans are implemented in an acceptable time frame

I am the only individual at eBay that performs my job functions. My management and co-workers are extremely professional and courteous.

The hardest part of my job is ensuring that all aspects and zones of the network are secure while incorporating the myriad of different in house and third party applications that are required to do business.

The most enjoyable part of my job is utilizing my experience and education in providing solutions for different lines of business while at the same time ensuring that all zones of the eBay network are secure.
Pros
Benefits, company gym, work life balance, networking opportunities, career enhancement
eBay
Talent Engagement Lead Partner (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 4, 2016
Fun fast pace environment! eBay has a very enthusiastic vibe, to get things done and to push the envelope. eBay is very innovative and working towards becoming the first place people go to shop.
Pros
People
Cons
Work life balance
Glorified Sweatshop
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAJanuary 15, 2017
Basically, don't work here unless you are desperate for some income, like I was! I was forced to work 6.5 weeks straight during peak season with no days off, on a 12-hour shift! HORRIBLE
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
Stressful, Underpaying, High Employee Turnover
For the go getter
Owner (Current Employee) –  Allen Park, MISeptember 29, 2016
eBay and Amazon working environment is really dependent upon your personal effort.
Your sales are based on how hard and how smart you work, which makes it a great working environment.
Being able to have extremely flexible working hours are not with out their limitations. Keeping on task and keeping focused can be hard when working from home.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the thrill of finding items that people had cast aside and seeing the value in these items.
Time consuming but fun
Store Owner (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYNovember 7, 2016
After finding all items you must clean them, take photos, list them online, package, then ship. The hardest part of the job is finding the items for resale and the most enjoyable part of the job is offering products to people that may be hard to find or that they enjoy collecting.
Pros
Working from home and making own schedule
Cons
Time consuming and sometimes it is not worth it for the profit
Fun and Diverse
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 15, 2016
This is a great place to work with many benefits! The environment is very diverse and there is advancement opportunities!
Pros
Free break room vending
Free Drinks
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTFebruary 1, 2016
Great Benefits, not much room for advancement. The culture and employees are great. Management seemed unable to learn from previous mistakes.
busy, challenging and supportive
eBay Inventory and Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Dix, NJDecember 10, 2016
My work day was filled with a variety of duties beyond my main duties as the eBay clerk. I was also the patrol clerk, which required attention to detail to ensure everyone was paid correctly. I also assisted other team members m]when my world load allowed.
Pros
open environment
Cons
non
Great Company, Sink or Swim
Senior Marketing Manager - Email (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 9, 2017
I liked eBay a lot, but because the department was so thin and new, many people didn't have answers, if I didn't come to the table with the background I had, it would have drown within days.
Pros
Work from home was great, fun clients.
Cons
Lack of product knowledge depth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at eBay. Our community is ready to answer.